Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! (10124 Views)

List Of Political Parties In Nigeria / Sanusi: Reduction Of Political Appointees, Not For Sack Of Civil Servants / Gov Orji Walks Out Of Political Debate!can It Affect His Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by 27naira(m): 8:19am On Dec 31, 2011
Hello pals,
Happy new year to you all! Am happy we all made it.

In our quest to promote rejuvenation of our political system and save us all from those ear aching political jargons that make your stomach turn when you hear them cheesy I have set out to compile list of Political "words" and "phrases" that have been abused by our politicians and newspapers (especially vanguard). I PRAY YE ALL, LET US WORK HAND IN HAND TO HELP ABOLISH THE USE OF THESE WORDS AND PHRASES THIS "2012" tongue
Feel free to add to the list wink

1. Democracy angry (wonder how the world will feel without it)

2. Stake-holders (i've never heard white house use that phrase undecided)

3. Corridors-of-power (disgusting!)

3. dividend-of-democracy (introduced in 1999 and have caused more diarrhea than bad water )

4. FG -set-to-create (we all know it's a lie)

5. nascent democracy (PDP slangs )

6. unscrupulous elements (very funny)

7. "God fathers" angry

8. political caucus (more like blood sucking cults)

9. Our-great-nation (I agree, but its disgusting to keep sounding it on radios and tv)

10. Geopolitical region (non existent in the world, only in Nigeria)

Please help me grin
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by JamesDoe: 10:40am On Dec 31, 2011
11. Cabal
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by llbhuds: 11:47am On Dec 31, 2011
12. GEJ and OBJ
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 31, 2011
12. on top of the issue
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by kizito96(m): 11:58am On Dec 31, 2011
These Jargons only make meaning in Nigeria
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by pek(m): 12:00pm On Dec 31, 2011
, Will set up a committee to look ,
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by ZEN(m): 12:00pm On Dec 31, 2011
All hands must be on deck.

Go back to the drawing boards
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by escobar07(m): 12:09pm On Dec 31, 2011
ultra-modern blah, blah. This should be excised. Almost every project is ultra-modern, even an ordinary motor park.
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 31, 2011
escobar07:

ultra-modern blah, blah. This should be excised. Almost every project is ultra-modern, even an ordinary motor park.
Lol, they can be so stupid. Even toilet with ultra modern facilities. If they see ultra modern, they will think its magic.
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by Plutarch: 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2011
National Cake
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by cold(m): 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2011
'Don't overheat the polity' arrrgh!
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by KnowAll(m): 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2011
What the hell is South-South, even on d 8 or even 16 cardinal points there is nothing like South-South, I guess it is all about oil politics.

Another one I would suggest we start using from next year is North-North for Core-North which has already started gaining ground on her own merit as it were.
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by Plutarch: 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2011
Giant of Africa
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by Plutarch: 12:35pm On Dec 31, 2011
Every project in Nigeria including borehole is tagged : "the biggest or the first in Sub-Saharan Africa"
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by Fellywood(m): 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2011
@op is jobless
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by HARDDON: 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2011
After d killin of a great figure, dey come back to Saч : he was a great man, our heart goes to his family in dis tumultuous times,
, απϑ  ofcos d most popular dumb ass curative measure: security has been beefed up around d area,

Political languages are designed to make lies sound truthful! Murderers, respectable απϑ  to give an appearance of solidity to pure minds.

Numb Nuts!
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by AtbuAbdul(m): 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2011
'we have drawn up a roadmap'
'we hav presented a white paper'
'dat wud serve as a blueprint'
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by VoodooDoll(m): 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2011
We will relentlessly pursue the perpetrators. [then goes back to sleep]
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by moshoodn(m): 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2011
My fellow Nigerians
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by Ihengote: 1:02pm On Dec 31, 2011
BOKO HARAM[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2011
1. 'The perpetrators of this dastardly act will be brought to book and their sponsors will face the full wrath of the law'(and another bomb explodes)
2. 'investigation is on-going'
3. Senseless killing in some part of the country by boko haram, though' senseless killings and bombings of christians in the north' appears more honest.
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by 27naira(m): 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2011
valacious:

1. 'The perpetrators of this dastardly act will be brought to book and their sponsors will face the full wrath of the law'(and another bomb explodes)
2. 'investigation is on-going'
3. Senseless killing in some part of the country by boko haram, though' senseless killings and bombings of christians in the north' appears more honest.

i almost threw up cheesy disgusting!
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by 27naira(m): 1:22pm On Dec 31, 2011
escobar07:

cheesy na vanguard and punch get the trademark for that phrase
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by cold(m): 1:23pm On Dec 31, 2011
'we will leave no stone unturned'
'We will fish out the perpetrators & bring them to book'.Huh
'I urge all law abiding citizens to go about their businesses without fear.Our security officials are on top of the situation.There's no cause for alarm,everything is under control'.  grin If you want to be an IG in naija study these words religiously & you're on your way to the top.
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 31, 2011
Reading all these posts makes me feel a mixture of humour and disgust.
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by dustydee: 1:29pm On Dec 31, 2011
Transformation agenda.
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by 27naira(m): 1:40pm On Dec 31, 2011
cold:

'we will leave no stone unturned'
'We will fish out the perpetrators & bring them to book'.Huh
'I urge all law abiding citizens to go about their businesses without fear.Our security officials are on top of the situation.There's no cause for alarm,everything is under control'.  grin If you want to be an IG in naija study these words religiously & you're on your way to the top.

very funny!
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by okeyxyz(m): 1:44pm On Dec 31, 2011
Plutarch:

Giant of Africa

+1
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 31, 2011
All hands must be on deck to move the country forward.

The situation is under control.

The Government of Jonathan Goodluck,

We are creating an enabling environment,
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by dustydee: 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2011
dustydee:

Transformation agenda.
Actually should have been "transformation agenda of Mr. President".
Re: List Of Political Jargons That Should Be Outdated In Nigeria! by Santino1(m): 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2011
KnowAll:

What the hell is South-South, even on d 8 or even 16 cardinal points there is nothing like South-South, I guess it is all about oil politics.

Another one I would suggest we start using from next year is North-North for Core-North which has already started gaining ground on her own merit as it were.

Thanks @Knowall.
I don't know when 'North Central' and 'South South' found their way to the cardinal system too,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW / Elections: ONSA Says There's No Plan To Shut Down Internet / BREAKING: Atiku Files N2.5bn Libel Suit Against Buhari’s Aide, Lauretta Onochie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.