Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,351 members, 7,954,410 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:28 PM

.. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / .. (1530 Views)

Marrying For Kpali! Whats Your View? / Getting Uk Citizenship By Marrying A British-nigerian Man / Marrying A Usa Wife Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 10, 2012
Re: .. by justwise(m): 7:23am On Jul 11, 2012
ms.anon:
Even though i'm aware of the backlash i might get for not just daring to think this but actually voicing it out, i'm willing to risk the rage and holy indignation of some people by creating this thread. I don't know if its necessary to tell my story all over again but i'll be brief. I came to the UK to study, sponsor had a fight with my dad, took out his anger on me, abandoned me. Been faring for myself. working odd jobs. cleaning, factory but yet to realize what i need for even a semester fees. It occurred to me that if i can change my class of visa, that might help a bit. I won't be restricted to working 20 hours a week. The more work i do, the closer i am to raising what i need, the money for my tuiton. Its just a thought. I'm in a country where i don't have fam and not too sure of their immigration laws. Everybody seems to know something about the immigration laws here but i'm not willing to risk believing just anything. I just want something that will benefit me in the long run. I'm not looking for the red passport, just a way i can go to school. loans?or me working to achieve that.

So anybody that knows anything about marrying for papers or just anything i can do to make it easy for me here should please let me know. Including going back to Nigeria. If you think that would pay, please let me know and your reasons too. Justwise, Siena plesae, your opinions are needed here. The ros and cons of marrying for papers. Thanks all.

To start with. . .what is your status now? Are you still in school? Is your visa still valid?
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 11, 2012
Re: .. by justwise(m): 8:35am On Jul 11, 2012
ms.anon:
. I'm still in school, my visa is valid and I have until 2015 before it expires.

In that case i guess you are an undergraduate student and by Sept the school will be demanding that you pay up your fees for the coming semester.

If your school fees is in the region of £8000-9000 a year, it will be almost impossible for you to make that money working part-time without taking a yr off-school (if your school allows you to do that).

Can you have a chat with your school about your situation and arrange installment payment method with them? You pay certain amount quarterly?

Now. . .marriage for paper. . .what will the arrangement be? Are you going to pay the person and hang on there for the next 5yrs before you can free yourself? Are you going to pretend to be inlove with the person and get married the leave the person after 5yrs? How will this work. . .because from this month marriage between British and any non-EU member will be put on probational period of 5yrs before you get the actual paper though you will have all the benefits like every other ILR holder but it will be a difficult one.

If you decided to take that route then its a massive gamble, the man may change his mind anytime, he may start taking things to a level you are not comfortable with and there is nothing you can do about it because your stay in the UK solely depend on his actions.
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 11, 2012
justwise:

To start with. . .what is your status now? Are you still in school? Is your visa still valid?
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 11, 2012
justwise:

In that case i guess you are an undergraduate student and by Sept the school will be demanding that you pay up your fees for the coming semester.

If your school fees is in the region of £8000-9000 a year, it will be almost impossible for you to make that money working part-time without taking a yr off-school (if your school allows you to do that).

Can you have a chat with your school about your situation and arrange installment payment method with them? You pay certain amount quarterly?

Now. . .marriage for paper. . .what will the arrangement be? Are you going to pay the person and hang on there for the next 5yrs before you can free yourself? Are you going to pretend to be inlove with the person and get married the leave the person after 5yrs? How will this work. . .because from this month marriage between British and any non-EU member will be put on probational period of 5yrs before you get the actual paper though you will have all the benefits like every other ILR holder but it will be a difficult one.

If you decided to take that route then its a massive gamble, the man may change his mind anytime, he may start taking things to a level you are not comfortable with and there is nothing you can do about it because your stay in the UK solely depend on his actions.
. Do I qualify for a student loan within the 5 year time frame or do I pay tuition like the EU students? Not cheap but not as expensive as international students? Yes, I'm an undergraduate and you're correct about the september session and fees. I'm currently owning a semester fees as it is. My school will give me a year off if I want but I have to go back to my country. I know for a fact that I won't a fraction of what I get from doing odd jobs here. Its a tough one.
Re: .. by justwise(m): 9:51am On Jul 11, 2012
ms.anon:
. Do I qualify for a student loan within the 5 year time frame or do I pay tuition like the EU students? Not cheap but not as expensive as international students? Yes, I'm an undergraduate and you're correct about the september session and fees. I'm currently owning a semester fees as it is. My school will give me a year off if I want but I have to go back to my country. I know for a fact that I won't a fraction of what I get from doing odd jobs here. Its a tough one.

I guess you will be entitled to student loan or pay as home student if you took the marriage route and pans out well for you though its not something i support.

(1) (Reply)

UPS Shipment Taking Ages / Why Are Flight Attendants Often Required To Wear Pantyhose? / Fgc Ugwolawo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.