Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram (1071 Views)

Catholic Priest Says Homosexuality Is Gift From God / Catholic Priest Says God Is A Woman After He Died, Went To Heaven And Came Back / Bomb Explosion Rocks A Church Mid Service In Madalla Near Suleja This Morning (xmas Day!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by plaetton: 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2012
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/madalla-blast-we-have-forgiven-the-bombers-says-priest/

44 killed and 86 injured, and you have forgiven the perpetraters? I guess god has forgiven them too?
WOW.
The idiocy of religious logic.
It is nooooooooooo wonder that civilised nations do not teach religion in their public schools. They cannot afford to poison young precious minds with soooooo much toxic garbage.
Just look at the mess that religion is doing in Nigeria. Islam creates angry bloodthirsty murderers and christianity creates sapped, cowardly vegetables, all masquarading as thinking human beings.

When are we going to emancipate ourselves from these poisonous, mind-numbing religious shackles and join the rest of liberated humanity to find our destiny as a people?
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by plaetton: 6:51pm On Jan 02, 2012
It is time to star taking stock of the influence and or benefits/perils of religion in our natrion.
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by LogicMind: 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
I totally agree with you.
Religion is the root of our problems.
Imagine an atheist Nigeria. That would be paradise.
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by kodewrita(m): 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
He's doing the christian thing.

Overcoming his baser/animal impulses to voice out a truly divinely-inspired opinion. If his mission ( as given by christ) is to save as many people as possible for the kingdom of God, what right would he have to deny them forgiveness.
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by plaetton: 1:25am On Jan 03, 2012
kodewrita:

He's doing the christian thing.

Overcoming his baser/animal impulses to voice out a truly divinely-inspired opinion. If his mission ( as given by christ) is to save as many people as possible for the kingdom of God, what right would he have to deny them forgiveness.

So in your christian view, the bombers are welcome for holy communion next sunday?

If yes, then we should do away with our entire criminal justice and penal systems, and then leave every transgression in the capable and merciful judgment of god.
Right?
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by manmustwac(m): 1:32am On Jan 03, 2012
Religion just blinds you from reality
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 03, 2012
"For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, 'He catches the wise in their own craftiness'; and again, 'The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.'" 1 Corinthians 3:19-20

", the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:14-15
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 03, 2012
I don't fink he's truly 4givn dem.but whether he's 4givn dem or not,this i knw:nemesis'll surely catch up wif dem.u can't just kill innocent pple lik dat n expect 2 go scot-free!
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 03, 2012
Real Christains do not repay evil for evil, we do not curse we blesss, Vengence is for the Lord. Forgiveness is not for the person who hurts you forgiveness is for you to find closure. That he has forgiven them doesnt mean they shouldnt face justice but that he would not carry hate for them around in his heart
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by manmustwac(m): 10:41am On Jan 03, 2012
.            The Parish Priest of St Theresa Catholic Church, Madalla, Niger State, Rev. Fr. Isaac Achi, has extended an olive branch to those who bombed his church on Christmas Day.

Achi told newsmen shortly after President Goodluck Jonathan’s visit to the blast scene in Madalla, Suleja Local Government Area, near Abuja, that the parishioners had forgiven the bombers.

“We the Christian community of this church have forgiven those who hurt us, those who killed us, those who murdered us.

“We are not going to take revenge but God will take revenge for us.

“Therefore, I call on all Christians all over the country to forgive them.”

Achi noted that the attack in which more than 35 people lost their lives and scores were injured had led to a reduction in the number of parishioners turning up for mass in the church.

“”Since the incident, there has been a reduction in the turnout of parishioners for programmes.

“But this may not be as a result of the bomb blast alone, it may be as a result of festivities; some people have travelled and so on.

“But since yesterday (Friday), I can see a greater number turning out for mass not minding those of them who have travelled, not minding those who are in the hospitals.

“This is because for each of the victims in the hospital, there may be one or two relations staying with him in the hospital. (NAN)       
I can't believe this. How can rational thinking people forgive other people who are responsible for them having missing arms missing legs missing limbs and missing relatives. shocked shocked Forgiveness is just like giving boko haram a license to go and kill again. angry angry
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by manmacho: 11:16am On Jan 03, 2012
he forgave them just as the bible teaches.

we no who our real enemy are: they are not flesh and blood.

but they are not pardoned the law of the state will still be applied against them
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by plaetton: 5:31pm On Jan 03, 2012
My question remains: since the priest and church has forgiven them, are the bombers welcome to mass and holy communion next sunday?
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by LogicMind: 5:39pm On Jan 03, 2012
plaetton:

My question remains: since the priest and church has forgiven them, are the bombers welcome to mass and holy communion next sunday?

No it doesn't.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by inedi: 5:46pm On Jan 04, 2012
If that is what the priest said then am glad because that a sign of maturity, the truth is that, this is a clear indication of the maturity of the church of Jesus christ, pls note the end is near
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by manmustwac(m): 2:03am On Jan 05, 2012
inedi:

If that is what the priest said then am glad because that a sign of maturity, the truth is that, this is a clear indication of the maturity of the church of Jesus christ, pls note the end is near
how near? can you please be specific and give a the month the week the day and time so that we can all prepare for the end. Am sick and tired of you christians who year in and year out keep talking about the end times as if its going to happen next week. Your end times come when you die. angry angry angry
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by Nobody: 3:58am On Jan 05, 2012
manmustwac:

I can't believe this. How can rational thinking people forgive other people who are responsible for them having missing arms missing legs missing limbs and missing relatives. shocked shocked Forgiveness is just like giving boko haram a license to go and kill again. angry angry

What exactly is wrong with some having a concept of forgiveness?
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by Enigma(m): 9:27am On Jan 05, 2012
1. How does it make sense that Jesus would say of those killing him:"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do"?

2. How does it make sense that Jesus would admonish Peter for cutting off the ear of one of those who came to "capture" Jesus; and also that Jesus would heal the chap by fixing his ear?

3. How does it make sense that Jesus says you should forgive "70x7" times?

4. How does it make sense that Jesus said you should bless those that curse you?

Ah, perhaps there is a way that is higher than man's "rational" ways!

One interesting thing is that those fond of criticising the "Bible God" can't make up their minds: they say the God of the Bible is wicked and barbaric by allowing for revenge etc in the OT.  Here we have somebody demonstrating that this same God of the Bible is a God of love who says revenge is not necessary or even desirable ---- yet our friends still can't handle it.

Further, a couple of posters have explained briefly the simple yet somewhat complex principle that Christians can indeed forgive the perpetrators of crime without preventing the law from taking its course --- e.g. through prosecution and/or conviction of the perpetrators.

Finally, I wonder if this statement about forgiving the perpetrators had been made by a Hare Krishna leader or leader of one of the Eastern religions, if the opponents of Christianity would not have regarded it as how those religions are "superior" to Christianity.

cool
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by LogicMind: 10:59am On Jan 05, 2012
Enigma:

1. How does it make sense that Jesus would say of those killing him:"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do"?

2. How does it make sense that Jesus would admonish Peter for cutting off the ear of one of those who came to "capture" Jesus; and also that Jesus would heal the chap by fixing his ear?

3. How does it make sense that Jesus says you should forgive "70x7" times?

4. How does it make sense that Jesus said you should bless those that curse you?

Ah, perhaps there is a way that is higher than man's "rational" ways!

One interesting thing is that those fond of criticising the "Bible God" can't make up their minds: they say the God of the Bible is wicked and barbaric by allowing for revenge etc in the OT.  Here we have somebody demonstrating that this same God of the Bible is a God of love who says revenge is not necessary or even desirable ---- yet our friends still can't handle it.

Further, a couple of posters have explained briefly the simple yet somewhat complex principle that Christians can indeed forgive the perpetrators of crime without preventing the law from taking its course --- e.g. through prosecution and/or conviction of the perpetrators.

Finally, I wonder if this statement about forgiving the perpetrators had been made by a Hare Krishna leader or leader of one of the Eastern religions, if the opponents of Christianity would not have regarded it as how those religions are "superior" to Christianity.

cool

This is exactly why the Igbos are in the sh.it they are today. Too much bible and less brain.

Leave the imported religion and use your head.
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by Enigma(m): 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2012
^^^ Obviously, it's way above "your head".  smiley

cool
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by thehomer: 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2012
plaetton:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/madalla-blast-we-have-forgiven-the-bombers-says-priest/

44 killed and 86 injured, and you have forgiven the perpetraters? I guess god has forgiven them too?
WOW.
It is nooooooooooo wonder that civilised nations do not teach religion in their public schools. They cannot afford to poison young precious minds with soooooo much toxic garbage.
Just look at the mess that religion is doing in Nigeria. Islam creates angry bloodthirsty murderers and christianity creates sapped, cowardly vegetables, all masquarading as thinking human beings.

When are we going to emancipate ourselves from these poisonous, mind-numbing religious shackles and join the rest of liberated humanity to find our destiny as a people?

NIV Bible:
Matthew 5: 38
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Is he also turning the other cheek? Is the church paying for the medical treatment being given to the survivors? Will the church help support families that have been orphaned by these criminals?
Jesus seems to be talking about not resisting evil people. If the Boko Haram is an evil group, are they to be resisted?
If he's turning the other cheek, I'm pretty sure that these Boko Haram people would happily attack it too.
People have been killed with threats of more to follow. When would resistance be allowed?
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:41pm On Jan 05, 2012
[size=13pt]If they even allow the so called priest to do something ( I mean , to take real actions of vengeance i strongly believe they can do nothing! ) forgiveness my foot!  grin grin i know that's one of the best word in Christianity .  come to ask yourself who give the so called priest the go-ahead to forgive the dreaded anonymous people bombing the whole country and most especially when the people worshiping GOD are involved! many have lost their life .

one question the so called priest didn't ask before forgiving the bombers is , if there are sure if GOD their father have forgiven them for terrorizing his people--- maybe , he's too powerless to act or do anything .  grin grin
[/size]
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by crisiss98: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
plaetton: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/madalla-blast-we-have-forgiven-the-bombers-says-priest/

WOW.

sooooooooooooo true XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD shocked grin
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by Omexonomy: 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2012
To forgive is very difficult none the less we are left with no choice as a christian.
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by plaetton: 2:22pm On Sep 16, 2012
Omexonomy: To forgive is very difficult none the less we are left with no choice as a christian.

So who does the forgiving in this case, you the victim or god?
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by Omexonomy: 3:32pm On Sep 16, 2012
plaetton:

So who does the forgiving in this case, you the victim or god?
guy this ur kweshion is a very difficult one. Since we ar in a public forum though faceless i will not give you my answer.
Re: Madalla Blast: Priest Says We Have Forgiven Boko Haram by plaetton: 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2012
Omexonomy:
guy this ur kweshion is a very difficult one. Since we ar in a public forum though faceless i will not give you my answer.

It is a very imortant question.
Religion is supposed to have an imprint on the lives of those that practice it.
We all face moral dilemas every day of our lives. How a christian deals with a moral dilema is important to me in understanding religion and its positive or negative impacts on a society.

(1) (Reply)

Pagan Roots Of The Trinity Doctrin / Falacies on Tithes, Pastors and private Jets By Dimba Igwe- Sun News online / Stop Criticising Pastors With Private Jets, Says Wale Oke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.