Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,562 members, 7,770,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:53 AM

Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London (6225 Views)

Beware Of This Fraudster In Abuja!!! / Please Beware Of Mr Osaro Williams / David Mark- Nigeria’s Senate President As A Fraudster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by uboma(m): 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2012
Pls beware of any advert frm the above subject name. He claims to live in London and gave his contact number as +447035961549. He claims to be into the biz of shipping laptops and cars frm London to Nigeria. His adverts abound on Google Trader. I have decided to inform Nairalanders 2beware of him both on Google Trader and on Nairaland. This is my story; I indicated interest in buying a laptop frm him sometime last week just b4 d christmas break. He sent me his a/c details which he claims to be his domiciliary a/c. I told him to hold on til after the New Year break. Meanwhile i checked out his a/c but discovered that its a savings a/c with one of the banks in Nigeria. Moreover, he has been withdrawing frm his a/c thru d atm somewhere in Edo state. I emailed my findings to him but he has since then refused to respond. Who knows the number of pple that may hv fallen victims to this fraudster. A word is enuf 4d wise,
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
uboma:

Pls beware of any advert frm the above subject name. He claims to live in London and gave his contact number as +447035961549. He claims to be into the biz of shipping laptops and cars frm London to Nigeria. His adverts abound on Google Trader. I have decided to inform Nairalanders 2beware of him both on Google Trader and on Nairaland. This is my story; I indicated interest in buying a laptop frm him sometime last week just b4 d christmas break. He sent me his a/c details which he claims to be his domiciliary a/c. I told him to hold on til after the New Year break. Meanwhile i checked out his a/c but discovered that its a savings a/c with one of the banks in Nigeria. Moreover, he has been withdrawing frm his a/c thru d atm somewhere in Edo state. I emailed my findings to him but he has since then refused to respond. Who knows the number of pple that may hv fallen victims to this fraudster. A word is enuf 4d wise,

Pardon me for being daft, I have no idea how banks in Nigeria operate. But how does the highlighted part of your post make Osaro a fraudster?
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by fogman1(m): 1:18pm On Jan 02, 2012
Siena:

Pardon me for being daft, I have no idea how banks in Nigeria operate. But how does the highlighted part of your post make Osaro a fraudster?

There is a great difference between a dom account and a savings account. Moreover how can someone that lives in UK withdraws from his account through ATM in Benin. Obviously, something is not right.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
fogman,:

There is a great difference between a dom account and a savings account. Moreover how can someone that lives in UK withdraws from his account through ATM in Benin. Obviously, something is not right.

Point taken. But there could be an explanation regarding the cash withdrawal. When my wife was in Nigeria, she had access to my account which I held there at the time, she had a card. It's not unusual for Nigerians living outside Nigeria to have Nigerian accounts, which their spouse or other family members in Nigeria may have access to.

Nigerians outside Nigeria executing projects back home are examples. They can fund their Nigerian bank accounts from wherever they reside, and their project executors in Nigeria can withdraw funds via ATM if they've been given the authority or means to do so. My point is, the fact Osaro's account in Nigeria has had withdrawals, whilst he's in the UK isn't enough to label him a con artist. However anyone chooses to run their accounts is their business, they owe no one else an explanation. It's all too easy to label someone a fraud, and tarnish their image. A lot more difficult (sometimes impossible) to make amends when you find you were wrong.

When I first saw the title of this thread, I assumed the OP had lost money or goods to a con artist, or knew others that had, however this doesn't appear to be the case.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by fogman1(m): 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ siena, your point is clearly understood, but the fact that it is a savings account says it all. Savings account has a lot of limitations and you can not fund or transact on it outside Nigeria. For the facts that he claimed it is a dom account and the OP found otherwise, makes it dicey to deal with such a fellow. Any element of Lies is repulsive in business dealings, especially when fund is about to exchange hand on trust.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 02, 2012
Can funds be transferred to a Savings Account in Nigeria, via a third party Nigerian account? I'm just trying to understand how things work here, and determine if this warrants anyone being called a con artist.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by fogman1(m): 2:03pm On Jan 02, 2012
No sir. You can only make cash deposit into a savings account. It does not receive cheque payment, or 3rd party account transfer.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by uboma(m): 2:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ fogman,tnx 4 understanding. @ siena, Osaro Williams told me that he doesnt have anyone in Nigeria coz i earlier suggested to him to send d laptop to his contact here in Nigeria so i can deal with him directly. He gave an emotional story how som1 here in Nigeria refused to send his money after parting with 20 of his laptops. @ siena, dnt expect that i have 2wait to be conned b4 exposing Osaro Williams. U sound like u know him personally,thus defending him. @fogman, With regards the a/c details he emailed to me, he told me that he operates d a/c frm london as a dom a/c. When i checked i discovered its a savings a/c opened September last year. But he claims to hv been in d biz of shipping laptops and cars for the past 2yrs. Ok, after my discovery abt his savings a/c, i emailed him abt my findings and for the past two days he hasnt responded to me. This is someone that was always quick to responding to my mails when i indicated interest in purchasing a laptop. Its so unfortunate that some Nigerians have choosen to rubbish themselves and d reputation of Nigeria as a whole. Lets kip exposing them as much as we can so we can save their wud be victims.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2012
Here we go again - because I asked for more detail, and advised caution when labelling someone a fraud, that counts as me defending the guy. I'm rational in all my dealings, and believe there are two sides to every story. I'm cautious when it comes to slander, or libel. Is Osaro a Nairalander? Because it would be good to hear his side.

And one more thing - apparent defence does not constitute personal knowledge of someone, or something. If you're looking to deal with anyone, then it's a good idea to find others who have transacted with him or her. That's how you do business. If they don't appear to be on the straight and narrow, then by all means don't do any deals with them. There are people I've looked to doing business with, but changed my mind because in my opinion, all didn't seem well. I might have been wrong, who knows? They might have been genuine. But if I chose to open threads about all of them, I'd be typing all day long. And if it later transpired they were straight after I'd slated them, I couldn't undo the damage I'd done.

It pays to be cautious, when you're about to hand over your hard-earned money, there's no disputing that. It also pays to be cautious when branding one a con artist, especially when only one side of the story's been told. Right now, this guy hasn't responded to you, for whatever reason, so it's hard to come to any sort of conclusion on your part. It's also virtually impossible for anyone else reading this thread, to conclude the guy's a con artist, because no disrespect to you, we only have your version of events. All the best for the year 2012.

Buyer and seller - beware!
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by DidiLove1: 4:04pm On Jan 02, 2012
My 2 cents

@Uboma, am wondering why you dont just drop by Ikeja (computer village) or some shop on the island (PC outlet, Mega Plaza, etc) and get yourself a laptop (whether brand new or used). You are exposing yourself to con men by shopping for something as mundane as a laptop online (unless you are after a not-so-available spec).

@Siena, nice words of caution but in my opinion, this is clearly a case of fraudulent intent and i will hinge my conclusion on the below:

i) parading a savings account as a domicilliary account
ii) claiming to be in business for over two years with an account just opened 4 months ago shocked shocked
iii) making withdrawals on the account in spite of claims of not having anyone (business partner or otherwise I guess) in Nigeria. na who come dey withdraw the money na?

All in all, it's always good to double-check and seek a second opinion all online deals before parting with funds. We can never be too smart!
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by uboma(m): 5:56pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ siena, u can speak all the grammer in the world,i dnt care. I mailed Osaro abt my discovery and its 2days now and stil counting that he has chosen not to reply. I have now brought it to the open on nairaland so he can defend himself if his ass is clean. I have all the mails i exchanged with Osaro on my mail box and i wudnt hesitate to post them here if need be. @ didi, tnx 4ur advice.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2012
pls whats his nairaland name
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2012
uboma:

@ siena, u can speak all the grammer in the world,i dnt care. I mailed Osaro abt my discovery and its 2days now and stil counting that he has chosen not to reply. I have now brought it to the open on nairaland so he can defend himself if his Bottom is clean. I have all the mails i exchanged with Osaro on my mail box and i wudnt hesitate to post them here if need be. @ didi, tnx 4ur advice.

Well, you never stated he was a Nairalander, this is news to me. Your opening post gave the impression this was to be a transaction between yourself and another individual who was nothing to do with these boards. By all means, post all the details on here, and give the Nairalander's username. Because right now, all anyone can go by is what you've posted.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2012
Did this actually start from the Computer section?
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by chelseabmw(m): 7:09pm On Jan 02, 2012
hmmm. .watching closely embarassed
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by oblo(m): 8:09pm On Jan 02, 2012
If breeze no blow , fowl ass no go open,
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by chippyripp: 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2012
In my opinion this it totally a case of fraud. First his so called UK number is a free redirected number obtained from www.uknumbers.com.Secondly this osaro guy is absolutely a benin boy living in edo state where the atm withdrawals were made.lastly how would someone doing importation business for over 2 years not have anybody in nigeria to receive cash.A simple test all these uk redirected numbers dont receive SMS send him an sms and ask him if he got it. grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Chichilas: 11:03pm On Jan 02, 2012
@fogman, just to correct the impression that you cannot transact on your savings account from outside Nigeria. With the advent of naira mastercard and visa cards, you can withdraw from your savings account anywhere in the world. You can also do third party wire transfers to savings accounts, reference GTBank accounts.

@uboma, he may not have had access to emails for the last two days, you may still get a response, this is the holiday season. Having said that, his mobile number is a free divert phone service which only points to one conclusion which is that he is a fraud.

Thank you.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by topuje(m): 11:08pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ Sienna, STOP covering this guy up. Are u his lawyer?
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by uboma(m): 12:58am On Jan 03, 2012
@ chippyripp and chichilas, tnx for pointing out that Osaro's uk number is a free divert phone service. I had expected 'someone' who claims to live in the uk to have pointed out that his uk number aint real than to criticize me for bringing up the post in the first place. @ topuje, tnx for ur candid observation. Am sure siena has something up his sleve, @ siena, is there something u know which i and fellow Nlanders do not know? I asked earlier if u know Osaro Williams but u havent given a direct answer.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 03, 2012
topuje:

@ Sienna, STOP covering this guy up. Are u his lawyer?

It pays to think, before you post. I've simply asked the OP to make all details known, and if the guy (Osaro) is a Nairalander, post his username. Because until then, it's hard to come to any sort of conclusion. Osaro may well be a con artist, but it wouldn't hurt to see transcripts and emails between both parties. If you call this a cover-up, then any sort of conversation with you is pointless.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Nobody: 1:47am On Jan 03, 2012
uboma:

@ chippyripp and chichilas, tnx for pointing out that Osaro's uk number is a free divert phone service. I had expected 'someone' who claims to live in the uk to have pointed out that his uk number aint real than to criticize me for bringing up the post in the first place. @ topuje, tnx for your candid observation. Am sure siena has something up his sleve, @ siena, is there something u know which i and fellow Nlanders do not know? I asked earlier if u know Osaro Williams but u havent given a direct answer.

No, I don't know Osaro Williams, unless you can tell me different.

And I wasn't criticising, I merely asked you to make more details known, because untill then, it's all one-sided. Name and shame the guy, if he's a Nairalander. That's the best way to flush anyone out, and possibly tell their side of things. There have been similar threads in the Auto section, but in most cases, the person accused of being a con artist has come out to state their piece.

From your posting, he's a Nairalander, so you might as well name him, the name Osaro Williams may not mean much to us here, (heck, it may be an alias) on the other hand, his username would definitely be known to most.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Nobody: 1:59am On Jan 03, 2012
Amazing what Google will pull up on a number:

http://www.pranhub.com/articles/get-a-loan-at-3-interest-rate/

And the name comes up as Terry Williams, photograph shows a Caucasian. Which is another reason I say it's best you post "Osaro's" Nairaland username if he's a member, as the name you have is unlikely to be his real one.

The phone number +447035961549 also rings with an international tone, which would suggest the number's outside the UK.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Nobody: 3:42am On Jan 03, 2012
nairalanders are too good and quick at making insulting comments.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by ajgrill: 7:42am On Jan 03, 2012
I'm new to Nairaland, and find this subject very interesting. I tend to be on the side of siena on this issue, before you can label anyone a fraud, you have to provide proof beyond reasonable doubt, 'reasonable doubt' being the test. You have not done this as at yet, please provide his username, email address etc, we Nairalanders can investigate.
, and oh, by the way, I don't know the Osaro Williams guy
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 03, 2012
Uboma, anything new on this guy? It would be great to know his username on Nairaland.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by topuje(m): 12:53am On Jan 04, 2012
@ Sienna, I am sorry. dont be angry.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Nobody: 2:22am On Jan 04, 2012
topuje:

@ Sienna, I am sorry. dont be angry.

No need to be sorry, and I'm not angry. If anyone should be sorry, it should be me. I did a bit of digging, and what I came up with on Osaro "Terry" Williams doesn't look good.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Piedpiper(m): 11:17am On Jan 04, 2012
@SIENA
Spill the beans brotherman ! wink
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2012
Piedpiper:

@SIENA
Spill the beans brotherman ! wink

LOL. Simply Google his number, and you'll be shocked by your findings. Osaro's a Loan Provider, sells Laptops and Mobile Phones, sells brand New Cars for as little as 300,000 Naira. This is a regular Toyota Sedan. There's no Kia you could get for that price, not even a basic Kia Picanto.

His email addresses and names are different on different websites too.
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Piedpiper(m): 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2012
OSARO WILLIAMS is a confirmed scammer then !
It will do us all good to watch out for his possible entrance into the AUTO section under a guise . undecided
Re: Beware Of The Fraudster Parading Himself As Osaro Williams Living In London by Fixed: 8:11pm On Jan 04, 2012
Uboma please pardon my diversion and no offence meant, how did you get the info about Osaro's account? ATM withdrawals in Edo and dom a/c turning out to be a savings account? Anyway I've always known that some Nigerian bankers do not respect the oath of secrecy they've sworn to. This Osaro guy can actually make some good money if he sues the bank for revealing his information to you.

Please I don't know Osaro o, and I hope I have not defended him. But by coming here, you are not protecting the family/friend working in Osaro's bank who probably gave you the 'tip'. I know someone who was sacked for this offence.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SOLD OUT Toyota Tacoma In Ibadan 08069992556 For 19.5m / price reduced 1998 Ford Transit Van For Sale In Ibadan. #650,000 now #400,000 / I urgently Need Nissan Primera 1997/98

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.