Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) (4163 Views)

Nigeria 'consistently In Top Two' For Trafficking In UK / A Nairalanders Expricence From Lagos To Kano On Train In Clips / Fake Woman Bosoms Serve As Concealment Method For Drug Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by OmoTier1(m): 12:44pm On Jan 02, 2012
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by Vicjustice: 12:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by Vicjustice: 12:59pm On Jan 02, 2012
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by Vicjustice: 1:05pm On Jan 02, 2012
Well, these Nigerian women should be honest and stop pretending that they never knew they were going abroad for prostitution; they all knew what's up there before embarking on the journey, even their madams or ogas do tell them what to expect. So, all these claims that they were deceived are all baseless
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by OmoTier1(m): 1:29pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^^thanks vicjustice for putting up the videos.
I thought incidence of Nigerian girls being trafficked to Europe has decimated over the years as more enlightenment through TV/radio programmes were carried out, but I guess the wicked folks who engage in it have only gone underground and change their tactics!
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by Vicjustice: 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

^^^thanks vicjustice for putting up the videos.
I thought incidence of Nigerian girls being trafficked to Europe has decimated over the years as more enlightenment through TV/radio programmes were carried out, but I guess the wicked folks who engage in it have only gone underground and change their tactics!
   Believe me, i knew a lot of people who turned pr0stitutes by their own wills, they don't have Madams nor Ogas, but they voluntarily got themselves involved because they're lazy and the trade is lucrative. Even in Ireland, there are lots and lots of Nigerian and other African woman doing prostitution, they don't have to stand on the road at night, all they do is to dress "sexy" as eye-catcher, and then give their phone numbers to any white man who shows interests in them; some Nigerians are even using facebook to advertise themselves and sending their phone numbers to anyone who wants to correspond with them, and trust me, it's working well for them.
   Believe me, there is a black woman who got pregnant from prostitution and had given birth
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by OmoTier1(m): 2:06pm On Jan 02, 2012
It is a despicable act, I think the crime is two ways! The European government should crack down on those who fuel this trade, thought I wouldnt expect such from Italy where the former PM was a kingpin in the game himself!
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by donbuchi1(m): 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2012
God Bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by Freesia(f): 6:11am On Jan 06, 2012
Goodness me!!! In the beginning of the documentary I actually thought the little girl's funeral  was somewhere in Nigeria until they mentioned Destra Volturno.
Talk about organized crime!!!! This is a proper crime syndicate in every way imaginable!!

@ Omo_Tier1 & Vicjustice
How did Benin/Edo State end up being the centre of the trafficking of girls??
We all know many parts in Nigeria are affected by poverty one way or another so that should not be a valid reason for the Trafficking or would Benin be where the Human traffickers originally come from??
All in all this is just a devastating situation !!
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by eghost247(m): 10:07am On Jan 06, 2012
[size=15pt]Shocking Depressing, Moderators please put this on the homepage[/size]
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by OmoTier1(m): 11:46am On Jan 06, 2012
Freesia:

Goodness me!!! In the beginning of the documentary I actually thought the little girl's funeral  was somewhere in Nigeria until they mentioned Destra Volturno.
Talk about organized crime!!!! This is a proper crime syndicate in every way imaginable!!

@ Omo_Tier1 & Vicjustice
How did Benin/Edo State end up being the centre of the trafficking of girls??
We all know many parts in Nigeria are affected by poverty one way or another so that should not be a valid reason for the Trafficking or would Benin be where the Human traffickers originally come from??
All in all this is just a devastating situation !!

It all started when 'MADAMS' like the owner of Hotel Doris Dey in Benin City went about deceiving people that hair stylist and other artisans earn more than civil servants in Nigeria in places like Italy in the late 80's and early 90's. With their syndicate abroad, they deceived people even to the extent of them asking people to sell their properties; land, houses, cars you name it with the 'fake' hope that they would earn x10 of that money in Europe (ITALY) and within a year or two they would be able to rebuild a better house or buy cars over there to send back home. They often used their syndicate group members (who have now turn 'MADAMs' back in Italy) that have built houses and bought cars for their people back home as example. Unknown to many, PROSTITUION and DRUGS peddling was what they were into in Europe.

Even till this day, there are lots and lots of girls that would still believe those lies and fall into it. If you know the binis very well, they have this traits like the British do, i.e. Master vs Servant attitude and life style. Go round that city, as vibrant as it is, most of businesses there are owned by non-binis as those started by the older generation of the binis are either dying or are in crisis due to family struggle.
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by Vicjustice: 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

It all started when 'MADAMS' like the owner of Hotel Doris Dey in Benin City went about deceiving people that hair stylist and other artisans earn more than civil servants in Nigeria in places like Italy in the late 80's and early 90's. With their syndicate abroad, they deceived people even to the extent of them asking people to sell their properties; land, houses, cars you name it with the 'fake' hope that they would earn x10 of that money in Europe (ITALY) and within a year or two they would be able to rebuild a better house or buy cars over there to send back home. They often used their syndicate group members (who have now turn 'MADAMs' back in Italy) that have built houses and bought cars for their people back home as example. Unknown to many, PROSTITUION and DRUGS peddling was what they were into in Europe.

Even till this day, there are lots and lots of girls that would still believe those lies and fall into it. If you know the binis very well, they have this traits like the British do, i.e. Master vs Servant attitude and life style. Go round that city, as vibrant as it is, most of businesses there are owned by non-binis as those started by the older generation of the binis are either dying or are in crisis due to family struggle.
Just one word, Excellent. If i could rate this post, i'd rate it 5 stars
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by Freesia(f): 9:19am On Jan 07, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

It all started when 'MADAMS' like the owner of Hotel Doris Dey in Benin City went about deceiving people that hair stylist and other artisans earn more than civil servants in Nigeria in places like Italy in the late 80's and early 90's. With their syndicate abroad, they deceived people even to the extent of them asking people to sell their properties; land, houses, cars you name it with the 'fake' hope that they would earn x10 of that money in Europe (ITALY) and within a year or two they would be able to rebuild a better house or buy cars over there to send back home.

What a shame!!
I fail to understand why these women on returning back to Nigeria decided that the oldest profession in the world would be the most suitable for their own women?? The love of money will surely make one's morals to vanish instantly.

It doesn't help matters that prostitution is legal in some parts of Italy,just goes to show that legalizing something sometimes doesn't mean people will be bored of it but they could end up abusing it even more.

It all boils down to greed and naivety if somebody is telling you about building a house in a few months and that you'll come back to Africa breathing out money from your fingers to your toes then it's up to the person to do their homework!

I remember in the documentary when the girl took the reporter to her parents and her mama was saying if the knew what was going to happen to her daughter she wouldn't have ever allowed her to leave Nigeria
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by eghost247(m): 7:01am On Jan 08, 2012
Thiss is sad but true reality going on in Nigeria but most of the girls in recent times know what they.are going there to do I have heard stories where a family even raises the money for the girls to make this trip so not all the girls can claim to ignorant about it least not in recent times
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by claremont(m): 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2012
Some ladies choose to pursue a career as p-rostitutes out of their own freewill, there is nothing universally immoral about it. P-rostitution may still be culturally immoral in some dark regions of Africa, but the good news is that it has been legalised in most European countries; and p-rostitutes who live in these countries can now practise their profession without being stigmatised by a bunch of bigoted and narrow-minded educated illiterates whose only foundation of "good morals" is derived from either their myopic culture, or their religion, or a combination of both evils.

Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by OmoTier1(m): 6:54pm On Jan 08, 2012
claremont:

Some ladies choose to pursue a career as p-rostitutes out of their own freewill, there is nothing universally immoral about it. P-rostitution may still be culturally immoral in some dark regions of Africa, but the good news is that it has been legalised in most European countries; and p-rostitutes who live in these countries can now practise their profession without being stigmatised by a bunch of bigoted and narrow-minded educated illiterates whose only foundation of "good morals" is derived from either their myopic culture, or their religion, or a combination of both evils.

Absolute trash! A very despicable post indeed. No right thinking individual with their brains intact would reason this way. This can only come from a womanizer, a P. stitute patronizer or from someone suffering from "Silvio Berlusconisis" syndrome
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by eghost247(m): 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Absolute trash! A very despicable post indeed. No right thinking individual with their brains intact would reason this way. This can only come from a womanizer, a P. stitute patronizer or from someone suffering from "Silvio Berlusconisis" syndrome
lol the silvio berlusconi part is funny
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by OmoTier1(m): 7:28pm On Jan 08, 2012
eghost247:

lol the silvio berlusconi part is funny
Of course He is the symbol of modern day women slavery and it is shameful that any one would think such as behaviour/attitude was normal!
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by icez: 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2012
na wa. shocked
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by lifestyle1(m): 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2012
Benin Girls!!!  shocked grin
Re: Women Trafficking In Nigeria: Aljazeera Shocking Investigation (video Clips) by Lasinoh: 11:01am On Jan 10, 2012
claremont:

Gbam!

Whereas. . . na dem do 'ashawo' in Christ pass! cheesy

Please. . .Bini girls do not have 'h' factor problems.
Glad to know Yoruba women are in Italy too.
What a bunch of nasty-looking things.
Sheer DREGS! cry
What an eyesore. . . totally disgusting! angry
BLACK. . . DUSTY-LOOKING, WRETCHED, UGLY MODA/FADA PHOCKERS!

Daamn! Thank God I don't know ANYONE who lives in that Italy of a place. Heavens forbid I say!

(1) (Reply)

My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport / Invalid / How To Locate Colonnades Hotel Ikoyi - Coming From Festac Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.