Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,793 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Security: IBB Wants Nigeria To Seek Divine Intervention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security: IBB Wants Nigeria To Seek Divine Intervention (574 Views)

Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured / Charles Okah's Daughter Tarila To Wed, Visits Dad In Prison To Seek Blessing / Mark Seeks Divine Intervention To End Boko Haram, Political Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Security: IBB Wants Nigeria To Seek Divine Intervention by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 03, 2012

Former Military President General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida has urged Nigerians to commit the various challenges confronting the country to the hands of God while also calling for a frame work that creates employment opportunities for the jobless.

IBB who posted his New Year message on his Facebook wall said the country was overwhelmed by a lot of problems which hindered its ability to meet the needs of its citizens last year.

He stated, “Please join me to pray, let us present the challenges of our country to God in prayers. My family and I wish you a happy New Year and all the best for the years ahead.

“As we turn the page into another year, 2011 will go down in history as one that the Nigerian state has virtually become overwhelmed by multi-dimensional crises, constraining its ability to minister to the needs of the citizenry,” he said.

The former military president explained that the key challenges included insecurity, cultural and religious sensibilities, as well an economy in dire straits, among others.

He however said: “Still, we must remain positive and optimistic that 2012 being a New Year will bring new directions.

“For me, the response to such issues defines governance. There is simply no option open to this nation than to create an economic framework that prioritises job creation, entrepreneurship and productive engagement of our teeming population,” he concluded.
Re: Security: IBB Wants Nigeria To Seek Divine Intervention by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 03, 2012
And guess what pals, he is DEAD Right !!!

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Threat Make My Movement Stagnant. / President Jonathan May Speak Tonight / Fg Orders The Arrest Of Occupy Nigeria Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.