Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life (1767 Views)

Nairaland Is Instigating Ethnic Hatred / Why Is There So Much Ethnic Hatred On Nairaland. / Fuel Subsidy Palliatives Not Possible Again – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life by Justcash(m): 4:22am On Jan 03, 2012
I laugh in pidgin when I hear people talking about revolting against the government and its policies. It is not possible in Nigeria.
I have not seen citizens of any country that love life as much as Nigerians. Revolutions require extensive loss of lives and destruction. Toture and arrests need to be endured by revolutionaries. The death of comrades should spur and not lead them to capitulation. This was how it happened in Tunisia, Libya etc to cite recent examples.
Having the above in mind, it is clear that Nigerians can never and will never revolt against the government. Even if a group starts it up, it will be quelled as fast as it was started.
Ethnic and religious division is not helping issues. How can a revolution be possible about fuel subsidy when Boko haram is threatening southerners to leave the North? Who will gather to revolt when it cannot be ascertained if the bullets and bombs will come from Boko Haram or Police?
Nigeria, as it is now, can never ever experience a revolution. If it will happen, it will only be in some sections of the country, and Nigerians from other sections will be used by the FG to condemn and fight against the protests. Does the 1 million march for and against Abacha ring a bell? That is one of many examples.
Re: Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life by Lasinoh: 4:30am On Jan 03, 2012
Haba!
Cowards get backbone? cheesy

Which part of Nigeria wanno be 'Biafra Part 2'? cheesy

Revolution go come when nyansh begin tok and mouth begin shyte!

One Nigeria!
One Biafra!

Mu che che che che che

God bless NL. . .My Entertainment Subsidy! kiss
3 days off and loving life!
Re: Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life by Justcash(m): 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2012
SEE WHAT I MEAN?

A group, Youth Alliance for the De regulation of the Downstream Oil Sector, has urged other Nigerian youths to embrace the removal of fuel subsidy which took effect on Sunday.

Addressing a news conference, in Abuja, on Monday, Mr Okechukwu Okorie, the coordinator of the group, urged Nigerian youths to avoid any form of protest as it would only lead to chaos in the already “tension-soaked country”.

“Information reaching us reveals that some of the major cabals that are benefiting from the fuel subsidy are busy organising some disgruntled youths for a protest march.

“We want to sound a note of warning that if any Nigerian youth comes out on the streets of Nigeria, we shall mobilise youths to counter any protest march.”

Okorie noted that the arguments for or against deregulation “are mainly from the high, mighty and the privileged” who are the only beneficiaries of fuel subsidy.

He said because the youths are the most affected by government policies, it was important to deregulate the sector to fund education, provide jobs and secure their lives.

Okorie urged the Federal Government to provide good transport system and other infrastructure to alleviate the sufferings of the people.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/33703-group-supports-fuel-subsidy-removal
Re: Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life by Rhino5dm: 6:24pm On Jan 03, 2012
We all know why the South Eastners are supporting the fuel subsiby removal scam. So, this thread is for them and their likes.

There was a protest across south west and north, . .if una like make drink acid. We must protest.
Re: Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life by Rhino5dm: 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2012
SEE WHAT I MEAN? They are everywhere subscribing to fuel subsidy removal scam, even all over Nairaland.

Justcash:

SEE WHAT I MEAN?

A group, Youth Alliance for the De regulation of the Downstream Oil Sector, has urged other Nigerian youths to embrace the removal of fuel subsidy which took effect on Sunday.

Addressing a news conference, in Abuja, on Monday, [b]Mr Okechukwu Okorie, [/b]the coordinator of the group, urged Nigerian youths to avoid any form of protest as it would only lead to chaos in the already “tension-soaked country”.

“Information reaching us reveals that some of the major cabals that are benefiting from the fuel subsidy are busy organising some disgruntled youths for a protest march.

“We want to sound a note of warning that if any Nigerian youth comes out on the streets of Nigeria, we shall mobilise youths to counter any protest march.”

Okorie noted that the arguments for or against deregulation “are mainly from the high, mighty and the privileged” who are the only beneficiaries of fuel subsidy.

He said because the youths are the most affected by government policies, it was important to deregulate the sector to fund education, provide jobs and secure their lives.

Okorie urged the Federal Government to provide good transport system and other infrastructure to alleviate the sufferings of the people.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/33703-group-supports-fuel-subsidy-removal

Re: Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life by Justcash(m): 6:32pm On Jan 03, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

We all know why the South Eastners are supporting the fuel subsiby removal scam. So, this thread is for them and their likes.

There was a protest across south west and north,  . .if una like make drink acid. We must protest.

Another evidence of why a revolution will never succeed in Nigeria. This type of ethnic bigotism from myopic thinking rams like the waste bin above helps to quell protests before they even gain prominence. In his rotten skull, south easterners have some immunity over the subsidy removal, so they won't protest. Before you know it, the drunk will leave the FG and focus on the South East.
Re: Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 03, 2012
Justcash:

I laugh in pidgin when I hear people talking about revolting against the government and its policies. It is not possible in Nigeria.
I have not seen citizens of any country that love life as much as Nigerians. Revolutions require extensive loss of lives and destruction. Toture and arrests need to be endured by revolutionaries. The death of comrades should spur and not lead them to capitulation. This was how it happened in Tunisia, Libya etc to cite recent examples.
Having the above in mind, it is clear that Nigerians can never and will never revolt against the government. Even if a group starts it up, it will be quelled as fast as it was started.
Ethnic and religious division is not helping issues. How can a revolution be possible about fuel subsidy when Boko haram is threatening southerners to leave the North? Who will gather to revolt when it cannot be ascertained if the bullets and bombs will come from Boko Haram or Police?
Nigeria, as it is now, can never ever experience a revolution. If it will happen, it will only be in some sections of the country, and Nigerians from other sections will be used by the FG to condemn and fight against the protests. Does the 1 million march for and against Abacha ring a bell? That is one of many examples.

Unfortunately, this is very true. The stillborn Lekki anti-toll protest is a very recent poignant example of Nigerians' lack of resolve, purpose, and will-power. Besides, I don't believe in peaceful protest. This is not Europe or America where peaceful protests may have significant impacts on political leaders who might be fearful of negative opinion polls and election defeats. Only blood, destruction and chaos can achieve the desired results here. Sadly, Nigerians would rather die than put their lives on the line (pun intended).
Re: Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life by Rhino5dm: 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2012
Exposed bigot!! When am done exposing snakes like you, you fonts shall change from bold to PINK. Traitors!!!

Stuupid mooron came up with a topic to support his position from back door and his greedy brothers. Goto lagos or Kano and tell them protest will not succeed to see whether your daft brain wont be scrape off the tar road.

People with liver are protesting while cowards are here claiming protest wont hold. You have purely FAILED,

Justcash:

Another evidence of why a revolution will never succeed in Nigeria. This type of ethnic bigotism from myopic thinking rams like the waste bin above helps to quell protests before they even gain prominence. In his rotten skull, south easterners have some immunity over the subsidy removal, so they won't protest. Before you know it, the drunk will leave the FG and focus on the South East.
Re: Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life by freshera: 7:06pm On Jan 03, 2012
It is possible if the poster and the people who replied can show example by doing the right thing and setting themselves on fire like the man in eyypt abi na tunisia.

start first or donate your children or family members. if not you, then why somebody else?
Re: Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life by aljharem3: 7:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ POSTER

talk to igbos on nairaland to stop their tribalism. It makes real igbos look like goats

really ok here is one of ur igbotic brother. see wickedness

hbrednic:

one yorooba man has been shot dead in ilorin,keep protesting tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=837811.msg9888825#msg9888825

is this not tribalism of wickedness from the pits of hell itself angry angry
Re: Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life by Rhino5dm: 7:24pm On Jan 03, 2012
Must you set yourself ablaze before you can prove a point? Sir, we are not animals and certainly not barbaric hordes that derive pleasure in violence. We are going to drive home our point in peacful and logical manner. Incase you want something horrable like seeing people dying, then why dont you tune to Aljazeera for a live afghan suicide bomber or watch dracula?

Am dont smooking out rats here. . . .off i go with my ota pia pia.

freshera:

It is possible if the poster and the people who replied can show example by doing the right thing and setting themselves on fire like the man in eyypt abi na tunisia.

start first or donate your children or family members. if not you, then why somebody else?
Re: Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2012
Mediocrity runs in their blood, then.
Re: Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life by manmustwac(m): 10:53pm On Jan 03, 2012
Well at least the masses can enjoy the sweet opium they get from religion
Re: Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life by Justcash(m): 3:45am On Jan 04, 2012
[b]Most of you mentioning Igbos and south easterners here are vindicating my point. Your so called revolution will never succeed if you continue showing ethnic hatred and exposing your myopic tendencies. If Nigerians will ever revolt, it has to be as Nigerians. If all of you are still seeing the differences in Nigerians, you will never succeed in any revolution.
There are Igbos among the protesters. If you actually think Igbos are not there, can we see your evidence?

@ Alj Harem; You are very mumurish for equating the view of one person with the feeling of a whole ethnic group. This is why I think you reason like a goat.

@Rhino.5dm; Your tribalistic rants are becoming too smelly here. Shut your dirty mouth! This is either a revolution by Nigerians or not. From all indications, you are implying that it is only Yorubas and Northerners that are protesting. How can you say that if you don't have a myopic brain. Are Igbos not in the North and West. Must there be riots in Igboland before you can conclude that Igbos are taking part in it? Anumanu ofia.

Overall, you two vindicated my reason for this post. Revolution will never be possible with people like you two.[/b]
Re: Revolution Is Not Possible In Nigeria. Ethnic Hatred Apart, Nigerians Love Life by Nchara: 4:04am On Jan 04, 2012
Justcash:

[b]Most of you mentioning Igbos and south easterners here are vindicating my point. Your so called revolution will never succeed if you continue showing ethnic hatred and exposing your myopic tendencies. If Nigerians will ever revolt, it has to be as Nigerians. If all of you are still seeing the differences in Nigerians, you will never succeed in any revolution.
There are Igbos among the protesters. If you actually think Igbos are not there, can we see your evidence?

@ Alj Harem; You are very mumurish for equating the view of one person with the feeling of a whole ethnic group. This is why I think you reason like a goat.

@Rhino.5dm; Your tribalistic rants are becoming too smelly here. Shut your dirty mouth! This is either a revolution by Nigerians or not. From all indications, you are implying that it is only Yorubas and Northerners that are protesting. How can you say that if you don't have a myopic brain. Are Igbos not in the North and West. Must there be riots in Igboland before you can conclude that Igbos are taking part in it? Anumanu ofia.

Overall, you two vindicated my reason for this post. Revolution will never be possible with people like you two.[/b]

You are wasting your time with that anumanu?
Lagos is 50% Igbo so 50% of the protesters there are Igbos
The North is 30% Igbo so 30% of the protesters there are Igbos
There shall be no protest in the SE land since we are already doing so elsewhere in the SW and N? How many Yorubas and Northerners in the East are protesting?

(1) (Reply)

Will Ferguson Wins Canada’s Highest Literary Prize For Novel On Nigerian Scams. / Boko Haram, 2015 Election Make SNC Imperative- Afenifere / My Family Thought I Had Gone Mad – Pastor Who Predicted Agagu Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.