Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,922 members, 7,952,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:01 PM

No More 250 Naira Food In Nigerian Restaurants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No More 250 Naira Food In Nigerian Restaurants (1025 Views)

250,000 Houses For APC States: Nigerians Rebuke Buhari / Naira Regains Strength 250 Naira To Dollar Last Night- Lai Muhammed / Journalists Queue For Food In Kogi Government House - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No More 250 Naira Food In Nigerian Restaurants by auwal87(m): 2:19pm On Jan 03, 2012
There are reports that restaurants have also sky-rocketed their prices by about 80%. Is this true? How much does it cost a single meal in a restaurant now?

Don't you think all this is about reducing Nigeria's population? Cost of fertiliser will also increase and most people not be able to buy, those that buy must increase their prices too.
Re: No More 250 Naira Food In Nigerian Restaurants by KnowAll(m): 2:48pm On Jan 03, 2012
There are reports that restaurants have also sky-rocketed their prices by about 80%. Is this true? How much does it cost a single meal in a restaurant now?

Don't you think all this is about reducing Nigeria's population? Cost of fertiliser will also increase and most people not be able to buy, those that buy must increase their prices too.

Ibadan City in Nigeria use to be the cheapest place to buy for food in Nigeria, a few years ago (roughly about 2 years ago) I visited a buka in Ibadan City, and one poor man entered the buka and asked the mama for 2 wraps of EBA no meat, I was really interested and inquisitive as to know how much it would cost the gentleman.

To my surprise the 2 wraps of Eba was N10.00 each, obviously the guy did not eat any meat so he paid only N20.00. The smallest meat in that buka was N100.00 so I can understand the poor chaps plight by not eating meat.

If that price is anything to go by, those wraps of Eba would be N20.00 per wrap going by today’s inflationary rate that is still a far cry from the N250.00 quoted by the poster? undecided
Re: No More 250 Naira Food In Nigerian Restaurants by auwal87(m): 6:32am On Jan 22, 2012
KnowAll:

Ibadan City in Nigeria use to be the cheapest place to buy for food in Nigeria, a few years ago (roughly about 2 years ago) I visited a buka in Ibadan City, and one poor man entered the buka and asked the mama for 2 wraps of EBA no meat, I was really interested and inquisitive as to know how much it would cost the gentleman.

To my surprise the 2 wraps of Eba was N10.00 each, obviously the guy did not eat any meat so he paid only N20.00. The smallest meat in that buka was N100.00 so I can understand the poor chaps plight by not eating meat.

If that price is anything to go by, those wraps of Eba would be N20.00 per wrap going by today’s inflationary rate that is still a far cry from the N250.00 quoted by the poster? undecided

In restaurants not buka
Re: No More 250 Naira Food In Nigerian Restaurants by Nchara: 6:37am On Jan 22, 2012
auwal87:

In restaurants not buka

Buka is the Yoruba word for Restaurant grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
@ Knowall, I did not know you are so cheap as to visit those dirty, flea-haired iya olonjes grin grin grin grin grin
Re: No More 250 Naira Food In Nigerian Restaurants by jmaine: 7:13am On Jan 22, 2012
it's a lie, even in Lagos here, you can still get a plate for N200 with the exception of a slightly leaner meat and food quantity generally . .so you tend to buy a wee bit more to make up . . .
Re: No More 250 Naira Food In Nigerian Restaurants by auwal87(m): 7:23am On Jan 22, 2012
jmaine:

it's a lie, even in Lagos here, you can still get a plate for N200 with the exception of a slightly leaner meat and food quantity generally . .so you tend to buy a wee bit more to make up . . .

Is that your head? You are ugly grin
Re: No More 250 Naira Food In Nigerian Restaurants by jmaine: 7:31am On Jan 22, 2012
auwal87:

Is that your head? You are ugly  grin

why the yabs na . . . . . If i should get my hands on you eh !    . . . . . . .   . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  .   Just Kidding, The ladies would over look a harsh face with a loaded pocket grin
Re: No More 250 Naira Food In Nigerian Restaurants by doofanc: 8:31am On Jan 22, 2012
@knowall, ibadan 4 wia? No state has cheaper food than benue.
@Op it depends on where you reside. Over here in Gboko you can still get a good meal at a decent restaurant at that price, Eg semo with egusi plus 2 pcs of meat.
If its the roadside buka that usually appear towards evening, a plate goes for N100.

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do If Your Were Goodluck Ebele Jonathan? / On Aljazerra,a Nigerian Woman Cries As She Bares Her Mind On How Wicked Gej Is / Nlc Strike Ends In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.