Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Nigeria At A Crossroad: Ndigbo Stay Out Of The Menace;be Neutral.---ohaneze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At A Crossroad: Ndigbo Stay Out Of The Menace;be Neutral.---ohaneze (717 Views)

Jonathan To INEC: Be Neutral and Conduct Credible Elections. / Ohaneze/2015:“we Will Support No Presidential Candidate. We Will Be Neutral .... / Now That Dokpesi Is Dir-gen Of Ibb Campaign, Will Ait Be Neutral? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria At A Crossroad: Ndigbo Stay Out Of The Menace;be Neutral.---ohaneze by Nobody: 1:40am On Jan 04, 2012
From the meeting I attended. This is the agreement reached by our wise elders( Mazi's Ndigbo).

As long as Nigeria has always been concerned. We have been on our own. Nothing unite Nigeria than when Ndigbo take center stage.

To be forewarned is to forearmed.
Re: Nigeria At A Crossroad: Ndigbo Stay Out Of The Menace;be Neutral.---ohaneze by aljharem3: 1:46am On Jan 04, 2012
Nope they are not neutral because of they WOULD NOT HAVE SUPPORTED THE REMOVAL OF THE SUBSIDY

AS THINGS STAND NOW, OHANEZE IS IN SUPPORT OF THE REMOVAL OF FUEL SUBSIDY UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE. Thus they support making life harder for Nigerians.

thanks for you time. Ohaneze nsogbu walihi .

Yes Ohaneze is playing ethnic tribalsitic politics
Re: Nigeria At A Crossroad: Ndigbo Stay Out Of The Menace;be Neutral.---ohaneze by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

Nope they are not neutral because of they WOULD NOT HAVE SUPPORTED THE REMOVAL OF THE SUBSIDY

AS THINGS STAND NOW, OHANEZE IS IN SUPPORT OF THE REMOVAL OF FUEL SUBSIDY UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE. Thus they support making life harder for Nigerians.

thanks for you time. Ohaneze nsogbu walihi .

Yes Ohaneze is playing ethnic tribalsitic politics

Who say we are wholly in support of fuel subsidy?  Do you know the cost of transportation from East to other parts as at yesterday? Do you know the majority of people that traveled for the festive season that couldn't come back?

Our region is not even earmarked for development in the so called "SURE"-  Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme.

What do you guys expect us to do?

As far as Nigeria is concerned, "we are damned if we do; damned if we don't. We are enjoying the neutrality so far, unless forced into the quagmire.
Re: Nigeria At A Crossroad: Ndigbo Stay Out Of The Menace;be Neutral.---ohaneze by koruji(m): 2:26am On Jan 04, 2012
Does it always have to be about you?

Come down from that silly horse you & your Mazi Ndigbos are riding around.

Olodostein:

From the meeting I attended. This is the agreement reached by our wise elders( Mazi's Ndigbo).

As long as Nigeria has always been concerned. We have been on our own. Nothing unite Nigeria than when Ndigbo take center stage.

To be forewarned is to forearmed.
Re: Nigeria At A Crossroad: Ndigbo Stay Out Of The Menace;be Neutral.---ohaneze by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 04, 2012
And what is your point ? Does the truth hurt so bad that you can't stand it?
Re: Nigeria At A Crossroad: Ndigbo Stay Out Of The Menace;be Neutral.---ohaneze by Nadanbata: 2:49am On Jan 04, 2012
Olodostein:

Who say we are wholly in support of fuel subsidy?  Do you know the cost of transportation from East to other parts as at yesterday? Do you know the majority of people that traveled for the festive season that couldn't come back?

Our region is not even earmarked for development in the so called "SURE"-  Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme.

What do you guys expect us to do?

As far as Nigeria is concerned, "we are damned if we do; damned if we don't. We are enjoying the neutrality so far, unless forced into the quagmire.

enjoying? I dey laugh o. When has anybody 'enjoyed' putting more in and getting less out. I dey laugh again cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria At A Crossroad: Ndigbo Stay Out Of The Menace;be Neutral.---ohaneze by Nobody: 2:55am On Jan 04, 2012
Nadanbata:

enjoying? I dey laugh o. When has anybody 'enjoyed' putting more in and getting less out. I dey laugh again  cool cool cool

What do you expect us to do or say?  For now, I think we are better of watching from the sidelines cool cheesy unless dragged in.  We tried to correct this country 45 years ago and ever since we have been made into punching bags by everyone.
Re: Nigeria At A Crossroad: Ndigbo Stay Out Of The Menace;be Neutral.---ohaneze by Nadanbata: 3:21am On Jan 04, 2012
Olodostein:

What do you expect us to do or say?  For now, I think we are better of watching from the sidelines cool cheesy unless dragged in.  We tried to correct this country 45 years ago and ever since we have been made into punching bags by everyone.   

Thats fine but for you to say enjoying does not make sense. Unless of course GEJ plans to pump some of the subsidy money down East cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria At A Crossroad: Ndigbo Stay Out Of The Menace;be Neutral.---ohaneze by Nobody: 3:32am On Jan 04, 2012
Nadanbata:

Thats fine but for you to say enjoying does not make sense. Unless of course GEJ plans to pump some of the subsidy money down East  cool cool cool

You are right. We just have to keep following things.  Have you gotten a copy of the "SURE" programme?  Check out the outlined projects and see for yourself.  I do not see any major project going to the East.  They said that "three refineries" will be built; one in Kogi, Bayelsa and Lagos. Most major Hydro power projects will be in the North.

It is high time we start to pioneer developments in the East in our own way. Just like Rochas is doing.  This is why I am advocating of thinking for ourselves because it seems everyone is beginning to answer their fathers name in terms of Development.
Re: Nigeria At A Crossroad: Ndigbo Stay Out Of The Menace;be Neutral.---ohaneze by aljharem3: 3:37am On Jan 04, 2012
Olodostein:

You are right. We just have to keep following things.  Have you gotten a copy of the "SURE" programme?  Check out the outlined projects and see for yourself.  I do not see any major project going to the East.  They said that "three refineries" will be built; one in Kogi, Bayelsa and Lagos. Most major Hydro power projects will be in the North.

It is high time we start to pioneer developments in the East in our own way. Just like Rochas is doing.  This is why I am advocating of thinking for ourselves because it seems everyone is beginning to answer their fathers name in terms of Development.

why can't we stage a protest for the inclusion of the east in any infrastructural development.

The protest for the east started in Lagos (Ohaneze lagos) why can't we contiune ?
Re: Nigeria At A Crossroad: Ndigbo Stay Out Of The Menace;be Neutral.---ohaneze by Nadanbata: 3:53am On Jan 04, 2012
Olodostein:

You are right. We just have to keep following things.  H[b]ave you gotten a copy of the "SURE" programme?[/b]  Check out the outlined projects and see for yourself.  I do not see any major project going to the East.  They said that "three refineries" will be built; one in Kogi, Bayelsa and Lagos. Most major Hydro power projects will be in the North.

My problem with it is this. Govenment is not leading by example they telling Nigerians to sacrfice but they are not sacrficing anything themselves. Not even a 10% pay cut. Thats why Nigerians dont trust them and know the money will more likely be chopped and costs have gone up a lot, Its not the issue of subsidy removal but No trust n the govt hence people want hands off the funds.
Re: Nigeria At A Crossroad: Ndigbo Stay Out Of The Menace;be Neutral.---ohaneze by MrWhy1(m): 4:20am On Jan 04, 2012
Nadanbata:

My problem with it is this. Govenment is not leading by example they telling Nigerians to sacrfice but they are not sacrficing anything themselves. Not even a 10% pay cut. Thats why Nigerians dont trust them and know the money will more likely be chopped and costs have gone up a lot,  Its not the issue of subsidy removal but No trust n the govt hence people want hands off the funds.

You are perfectly right. That should be the focal point of the protest first and foremost; holding POLITICIANS accountable. They have squandered project upon project without concrete result. Nigerians have a deep distrust for the government. Could you imagine that recurrent expenditure for this budget is 47%. In most countries, government subsidizes most things for them. From education to food. Do you know how much America and Europe spends on farm subsidies a year for its farmers? China artificially devalue their currency and subsidizes imported raw materials to favour their manufacturers. Indian and Egypt subsidizes wheat to the tune of billions. We earned about 60billion dollars last year. Budget was about 20billion dollars or so. Where did the rest go?

I usually don't engage in depth with Nairaland because it lacks the analytic and intellectual vigor. For you to make your point on here, one has to get emotional sometimes which is uncalled for.

alj_harem:

why can't we stage a protest for the inclusion of the east in any infrastructural development.

The protest for the east started in Lagos (Ohaneze lagos) why can't we contiune ?

If we start in full force. People will begin to call us trouble makers. I have heard it before that is why I am suspicious and reluctant of this.

(1) (Reply)

Subsidy Protest: Jonathan, Govs, In Secret Talks / A Debate Between Falana, Sanusi, Ngozi, Agbakoba And Deziani On Subsidy Would Be Fun To Watch / Federal Government Takes Dstv Off Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.