Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,368 members, 7,954,492 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:21 PM

The Wisdom Of King Solomon-a Fuel Subsidy Remix - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Wisdom Of King Solomon-a Fuel Subsidy Remix (549 Views)

Tree Branch On A Fuel Queue In Kaduna (Photos) / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Igbo Women Are Descendants Of King Solomon And Queen Sheba Of Ethiopia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Wisdom Of King Solomon-a Fuel Subsidy Remix by MAYOWAAK: 11:44pm On Jan 04, 2012
Two women came to King Solomon to have an argument settled. “Please my lord” one of them began, “this woman and I live in the same house. Due to the removal of fuel subsidy, and the followed increase in fuel price, I decided to store my jerrycan of fuel in the house. Three days later this woman also decided to bring her own jerrycan of fuel to the house for storage too. We were alone; there were only two of us in the house. For safety reasons, we both sleep with our jerrycans by our sides.

“But her fuel poured during the night when she rolled over her jerrycan. Then she got up and took my jerrycan of fuel while I was asleep. She put her empty jerrycan by my side and took mine to her side.

“In the morning when I tried to fill my car tank , the jerrycan was empty ! But when I looked more closely in the morning light, I saw it wasn’t my jerrycan at all.”

Then the other woman interrupted, “It certainly was your jerrycan, the full jerrycan is mine.”

“No,” the first woman said, “the full jerrycan is mine , the empty one is yours.” And so they argued back and forth before the King.

Then the King said , “Lets get the facts straight. Both of you claim the full jerrycan of fuel is yours, and each says that the empty one belongs to the other. All right , bring me the full jerrycan of fuel”. So the jerrycan was brought to the King.

Then he said , “I will pour this fuel away , so that at the end of the day nobody will get anything”.

Then the woman who was the real owner of the full jerrycan , cried out , “Jo ni to ri Olorun ! In the name of God! Don’t pour this fuel, if you see how I hustled for this fuel King Solo you will pity me , just give her the fuel instead of wasting this result of my hustle”.

But the other woman said, “All right , pour the fuel , this removal of fuel subsidy will kill us both ! ”

Then the King said “Do not pour the fuel, but give the woman who does not want it wasted , for she truly hustled for it , she is the owner.”

Then the true owner of the fuel said “Thank you for your wise judgment my lord! How can I ever repay you?”

“You can repay me in one way” King Solomon replied. “You see this removal of fuel subsidy is affecting me too , there is no fuel in my car. Please give me small fuel from this your full jerrycan, Jo e ma bi nu, please don’t be angry”.

And the lady with the full jerrycan gladly shared her fuel with the King.

When all people heard the king’s decision, the people were in awe of King Solomon, for they saw the wisdom God had given him for rendering justice. Indeed they were in great awe.

(1) (Reply)

Labour Union: Bribed? / Nigeria : Our Leaders Take / Should Johnathan Resign ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.