Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Fuel Subsidy - General Strike - Will Anybody Notice Or Care? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy - General Strike - Will Anybody Notice Or Care? (1006 Views)

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Customs Boss, Dikko, Gives Resignation Notice To President Buhari / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year- Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy - General Strike - Will Anybody Notice Or Care? by Thor(m): 12:04am On Jan 05, 2012
A general strike has been threatened if prices are not returned to the previous subsidised price, but with the country in such turmoil and poorly run, will anybody notice any difference in their daily quality of life if there is a national strike?

Won't a general strike harm the very people, the poorest in society rather than the government?

Can people really afford to go on strike? Who will back down first? Does anybody think it can work and even if there is a strike will the country run any differently than it currently does?

"After exhaustive deliberations and consultations with all sections of the populace, the NLC, TUC and their pro-people allies demand that the presidency immediately reverses fuel prices to 65 naira," a statement signed by the heads of the two unions said.

If the government failed to do so, " all offices, oil production centres, air and sea ports, fuel stations, markets, banks, amongst others will be shut down" from Monday 9 January, it said. (BBC)

Nigeria's Central Bank Governor Lamido Sanusi told the BBC the subsidy - which he said cost the government about $8bn (£5.1bn) last year - was "unsustainable".

Years of mismanagement and corruption by Nigerians mean the country does not have the capacity to refine oil into petrol and other fuels.
Re: Fuel Subsidy - General Strike - Will Anybody Notice Or Care? by Lasinoh: 4:32am On Jan 05, 2012
I really don't care. It does not affect me either way. I left Nigeria for many reasons. I really don't love it enough to care. kiss
Why should I? undecided
Not responsible for my successes in life. Soooooo, I dUn really care! cool
Re: Fuel Subsidy - General Strike - Will Anybody Notice Or Care? by vezycash(m): 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2012
Murderfucker!!!!
Do you Spend money on generator?
Is your transportation not subsidized?
Is education in UK not one of the best?
Do you have to build your own borehole?
Is your road not good?

would you give more money to someone who had defrauded you in the past?
Would you give more money to someone who is still defrauding you because he is in government?

I really believe you are a disgrace to the UK. I expect someone who schooled in the UK to be able to speak objectively.
To be able to listen, see before blabbing and posting this kind of crap.
See people don mark you oh  beta mind ya self.

The Thor I know is wise, acts silly sometimes BUT is on the side of the people. YOU ARE A FAKE THORRRR
Re: Fuel Subsidy - General Strike - Will Anybody Notice Or Care? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2012
Lasinoh:

I really don't care. It does not affect me either way. I left Nigeria for many reasons. I really don't love it enough to care. kiss
Why should I? undecided
Not responsible for my successes in life. Soooooo, I dUn really care! cool

A typical Nigerian attitude. Your sort are the vermin that rule the land. You are all brothers in spirit.
Re: Fuel Subsidy - General Strike - Will Anybody Notice Or Care? by Adanora: 6:47pm On Jan 09, 2012
Who cares abt d strikem let dem stay at home na dier body go tell dem
Re: Fuel Subsidy - General Strike - Will Anybody Notice Or Care? by osarodon(m): 11:19pm On Jan 09, 2012
I weep for some Nigerians in diaspora that don't feel the pain the ordinary Nigerians feel here and yet have the got to talk any how they feel.

(1) (Reply)

Tunde Bakare Should Apologize To Nigerians / Ibb Riot Act Posted By El Rufai / ‘commissioner Slapped Nurse In Delta’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.