Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

MR. PRESIDENT, HAVE MERCY ON YOURSELF! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MR. PRESIDENT, HAVE MERCY ON YOURSELF! (746 Views)

"Diezani Alison-Madueke’s Plea For Mercy" - By Rotimi Fasan / Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano / Does The President Have A Wallet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MR. PRESIDENT, HAVE MERCY ON YOURSELF! by Ivynwa(f): 1:30am On Jan 05, 2012
The title of this thread is what came to my mind at the sight of people demonstrating in the streets of the country.
I was overwhelmed by the fear of REVOLUTION.

Why can't the president have mercy on himself?
People are dangerously working against you and changing the hearts of your subjects against you. Everybody is screaming "Gej is weak, remove Gej".
I am pitying the poor president and there he is fiddling with Fuel subsidy and causing people to get more angry.
Haba Gej!

Be wise and let the subsidy stay and find another means of sourcing revenues. The timing is all very wrong.
Please the removal of the fuel subsidy will increase the cost of living much. Our population is so much that Nigeria cannot handle a very high cost of living. See what is happening now-------youths have no jobs and are frustrated into painting us all blackdoing "yahoo yahoo". Families are struggling to feed and take care of their chidren. What will people do when everything becomes out of reach of the common man?

Why don't you handle more important issues like security and leave the subsidy for now. I am only scared, I don't want  to see the people of my country experiencing the difficulties some African countries had last year during the revolution tide. I am more worried about the bombings too, I don't want to see it get out of hand. [size=14pt]Can you handle a revolution GEJ? Have mercy on yourself.[/size]
Re: MR. PRESIDENT, HAVE MERCY ON YOURSELF! by Ivynwa(f): 7:29am On Jan 05, 2012
I can't envisage any president in any part of the world being fought this dangerously and he/she is more concerned with incurring the wrath of the masses. May God help us in this country!
Re: MR. PRESIDENT, HAVE MERCY ON YOURSELF! by jobaskia(m): 10:24am On Jan 05, 2012
The fact still remain that a nigerian president will never swallowed his spride to step down from power. They should always accept responsibility once it is glaringly clear that failure is imminent. Take the case of Greece for instance, immediately he saw that is not getting popular - he bowed honorably, just becasue these aere people that goes into govt to serve the people and not STEAL from the people.

You can imagine if we are so prudent in spending , nigeria custom service as a parastatal of govt can feed the whole nigeria, what about VAT, the list is endless, how much more Oil. The nigeria customs service raked in 720billionn last year alone
Any way , God is wacthing
Re: MR. PRESIDENT, HAVE MERCY ON YOURSELF! by Ivynwa(f): 10:53am On Jan 05, 2012
jobaskia:

The fact still remain that a nigerian president will never swallowed his spride to step down from power. They should always accept responsibility once it is glaringly clear that failure is imminent. Take the case of Greece for instance, immediately he saw that is not getting popular - he bowed honorably, just becasue these aere people that goes into govt to serve the people and not STEAL from the people.

You can imagine if we are so prudent in spending , nigeria custom service as a parastatal of govt can feed the whole nigeria, what about VAT, the list is endless, how much more Oil. The nigeria customs service raked in 720billionn last year alone
Any way , God is wacthing

Mismanagement and Corruption are the major challenges to our economy. These and a host of other problems are the things to be nipped at the bud not incurring the wrath of people on himself as he is doing.

(1) (Reply)

N30bn Agric Fund: 11 Banks Begin Disbursement To Agro-dealers / 2012budget: Make 2012Budget Yourself and #cutgovwaste www.yourbudgit.com/2012cut / Planned Attack On Xtians 2nite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.