Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Are Nigerians Cowards? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Cowards? (508 Views)

Niger Deltans Are Cowards We Know What To Do To Them - Nnamdi Kanu / Radio Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Just Called Igbos Standing On The Sideline Cowards / Niger Delta Oil Is Useless. Tompolo, Dokubo Are Cowards.- A Radio Caller. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians Cowards? by Hardeihorllah(m): 11:32am On Jan 05, 2012
The above question begs for an immediate answer or answers! The late afrobeat legend, Fela Anikulapo Kuti once sang "suffering and smiling". Why is it that anytime an issue that concerns the generality of the populace is raised in this country we only make noise for sometime and there after everything comes down as if nothing has happened? Can we really sucessfully fight for our rights in this country?

Some schools of thoughts are of the opinion that Nigerians are toothless bull dog, that we can only bark but ca not bite. Is this realy true? Since on the 1st that the removal of the pms subsidy has been removed, I've been practically inseparable from my radio set and tv, keeping up with the developments as they arise. I have listened to hundreds of people, most of who are very angry and aired thier uncensored views with no impunity, but is that all that is to it? Should we just sit at the comfort of our rooms and believe that some people will fight for us? Is that the way the Egyptians, Tunisians, Libyans, and so on handled thiers and have results. It is a common saying in Nigeria that life is not good and yet nobody wants to die, shd we carry on with this kind of mentality and expect to get any tangible result at the end of the day? Isn't a high time that we stood for our right in this country?

It was once my opinion that Nigerians are not cowards but peace loving and sensible people that always have faith that things will get better., but right now I'm beginning to reconsider that opinion, I'm beginning to see ourselves as gullible people that can be manipulated by anybody and get away with it. If our government wants us to make sacrifices, why are they not prepare to make these sacrifices themselves? When millions of Nigerians are going to bed empty stomachs most nights our president and his vice will spend a whooping some of N1 billion naira to eat in 2012 alone! Spending N50000 every day, that sum will last about 55years to be exhausted! The senate president will receive about N600million as salary and allowances this year and yet the government can not implement a minimum wage of N18000 per month for the people that are realy doing the work. Who is fooling who in this nation? For some of us, the only thing that government does that directly affect us is this fuel subsidy and yet this people still want to go ahead and take it away from us and Nigerians do not see anything wrong about that! How long are we going to play this hide and seek game with the government? When is our own revolution going to take place? Is it after everything has finally collapsed, fall apart and we are left with nothing worthy of fighting for? If the time is not now then, I doubt if that time will ever come. A friend of mine, Michael once posted the question to me: are we cowards in this country? and I tried as much as possible to defend Nigerians then, but right now, I'm not sure of that anymore and that is a shame!
Re: Are Nigerians Cowards? by tollu: 11:54am On Jan 05, 2012
No, we are mostly lazy and sometimes disenchanted.
Re: Are Nigerians Cowards? by MrGlobe(m): 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2012
You are part of the problem. You are sitting at home watching tv and listening to radio (u definitely can't do that in the field) and you expect others to make the news for you. It's pieces of hypocritical sh it like you that has kept the country like this. Talk 100, do nothing
Re: Are Nigerians Cowards? by Hardeihorllah(m): 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2012
[/quote][quote]
Mr. Globe:

You are part of the problem. You are sitting at home watching tv and listening to radio (u definitely can't do that in the field) and you expect others to make the news for you. It's pieces of hypocritical sh it like you that has kept the country like this. Talk 100, do nothing

I really apreciate your candid commend but what I however, dislike is the way you go about it. Must you be insultive to the extent of calling a compatriot "hypocrital shit"? I think that is highly immatured of you and it is definitely unwaranted. Thanks anyway!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria! Nigeria! My Beloved Nigeria / Best Way To Stop The Protests Is To Kill At Least One Of The Protesters / Breaking: Labour Suspends Strike!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.