Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Gunmen Attack Deeper Life Church In Gombe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attack Deeper Life Church In Gombe (1417 Views)

Jonathan Has Fulfilled God’s Assignment — Deeper Life Church / Kogi Deeper Life Church Massacre: We Are Here To Finish All Of You Said Gunmen / Kogi Deeper Life Church Attack Gang Leader Arrested In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Gunmen Attack Deeper Life Church In Gombe by Wylout: 11:17pm On Jan 05, 2012
Gunmen have attacked a church in north-east Nigeria killing at least six people, the church's pastor says.

Johnson Jauro said the killings took place when gunmen burst into his Deeper Life Church in Gombe, capital of Gombe state.

He said his wife was among those killed. Ten other people were injured.

Nigeria has recently experienced a surge in ethnic and sectarian violence. The government declared a state of emergency in parts of the country.

"The attackers started shooting sporadically. They shot through the window of the church, and many people were killed including my wife," Mr Jauro told Reuters news agency.

"Many members who attended the church service were also injured."

The Islamic group Boko Haram has recently carried out a string of attacks, including the bombing of a church in the capital Abuja which killed dozens of people on Christmas Day.

President Goodluck Jonathan has vowed to "crush" the group.

On Sunday at least 50 people died in the eastern state of Ebonyi in clashes between two ethnic groups over a land dispute.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16436112
Re: Gunmen Attack Deeper Life Church In Gombe by pappy2000: 12:30am On Jan 06, 2012
My God, this is bad, I am a member of the church
Re: Gunmen Attack Deeper Life Church In Gombe by OAM4J: 12:31am On Jan 06, 2012

(1)

Boko Haram Threatens To Attack NLC / IBB: Nigeria’s unity is settled - ‘I can go back to fight a war to keep this country together even at 71 / Lagos Shut Down Churches Over Noise Pollution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.