Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: (11004 Views)

How To Solve Hanging Problems In Android Smartphone / Gionee Unvails Flagship Smartphone Elife E6 / Best Sites To Download Apps For Nokia E6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 6:35am On Jan 06, 2012
Some body help ooooo,

I just got this Nokia E6 and its barely a week.

The problem is it keeps hanging or freezing on startup. Its really frustrating!

Is there any Nokia centre in Port Harcourt that can be of help?

I've tried removing the battery and restarting, searched the internet, yet nothing!

I simply can't do anything with it now, hey, my money, preciously-earned money! Please somebody HELP OOOOO

thank you
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by mortee: 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2012
Really! That is my dream phone oooo. OMG! Abi u will exchange it for my Bold 3? I like the Nokia better, especially with the hanging. wink wink wink grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by buddyboi(m): 5:37pm On Jan 06, 2012
u should hard reset it, it happened to my n8 use this method powering on the E6 while holding down the Shift, Space and Backspace keys does work to hard reset the phone. If it's not working for you try removing the SIM and taking the battery out for at least 20 seconds.
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 07, 2012
mortee:

Really! That is my dream phone oooo. OMG! Abi u will exchange it for my Bold 3? I like the Nokia better, especially with the hanging. wink wink wink grin grin grin

the e6 is very good, i dislike blackberry, tongue tongue tongue

buddyboi:

u should hard reset it, it happened to my n8 use this method powering on the E6 while holding down the Shift, Space and Backspace keys does work to hard reset the phone. If it's not working for you try removing the SIM and taking the battery out for at least 20 seconds.

thank you guy, tho' i already flashed it and i lost some vital applications that came originally with the phone, very very painful, embarassed embarassed
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by SirKay3(m): 8:22pm On Jan 07, 2012
@ otooro,

I use E6, experienced the same hanging problems when I newly got it in August, but later stopped. No cause for alarm about it. Go to Ovi Store on your phone or PC and download the applications you lost from there. Yahoo messenger is available when you download through your PC. Click on Nokia N8 as your phone model when downloading yahoo messenger.
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 08, 2012
Sir Kay:

@ otooro,

I use E6, experienced the same hanging problems when I newly got it in August, but later stopped. No cause for alarm about it. Go to Ovi Store on your phone or PC and download the applications you lost from there. Yahoo messenger is available when you download through your PC. Click on Nokia N8 as your phone model when downloading yahoo messenger.

ok, thank you, u're the best! wink wink wink
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Emeka72(m): 5:06am On Jan 09, 2012
Otooro, it could be dat u've downloaded a lot of items on dat phone ; dats why it is hanging.
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 09, 2012
Emeka 7.:

Otooro, it could be dat u've downloaded a lot of items on dat phone ; dats why it is hanging.

i think so too. i tried downloading an antivirus wen it all started, i've flashed it now and its kinda ok, thanks smiley cool
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Emeka72(m): 8:43am On Jan 09, 2012
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 09, 2012
otooro:

i think so too. i tried downloading an antivirus wen it all started, i've flashed it now and its kinda ok, thanks smiley cool
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by SirKay3(m): 11:29am On Jan 09, 2012
@ otooro,

It's the antivirus that is causing most of the wahala. Dont bother activating any for now. E6 is a very fantastic phone when compared with blackberry, as it oes most things blackberry does. I've got a 32GB memory card in mine, where I've got loads of movies that I watch when free or on a journey. You'l never regret the phone. I'm even looking for a fairly new one to buy for a friend.
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 09, 2012
WOW thats encouraging. . . me likey kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by IdalinaPag(f): 1:11pm On Jan 09, 2012
My dad said probably he will buy one for my upcoming birthday, always nice to keep a Nokia. It has the user friendly features as well.
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 09, 2012
yeah, i concur, i'm liking it too wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 09, 2012
u will do 2 format first the mass memory if it has 1 if not format the phone *#7370# make sure u charge full before formating
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2012
yea, tnx, the fone is so ok now, kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Emeka72(m): 2:20am On Jan 10, 2012
Did u get it¿ Dat phone is too good.
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 10, 2012
Emeka 7.:

Did u get it¿ Dat phone is too good.

i agree with u. . . . i'm so liking the phone right now kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Joe50(m): 1:33pm On Jan 11, 2012
Please sum 1 should advice me, is E5 ok thats wat am going for now cos i don;t have enough money for E6.
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 11, 2012
otooro please explain in detail how you "flashed it".

In my case mine was restarting over and over again, and some functionality in photo and ringtone sections were not working. Could have been caused by some apps i downloaded from some dubious sites. anyways when i took it to Nokia care Ibadan the guy there simply reset it to factory settings and all was well. Felt ignorant but thankful all the same.

but there's this constantly changing blue digits that keep showing up on top-middle part of my screen. I feel its GPS related but i can't for the life of me find out which setting or program is causing it.
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 11, 2012
can you see what i mean. Would be grateful if anyone can proffer solutions

Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 11, 2012
when mine happened, i could not even go beyond the startup, so i had no access to the phone at all.

flashing a phone means to remove the operating system and reinstall the same operating system, so the phone will be as new.

u may loose some apps and other things u had in the phone, but its OK still.

it only advised if the fault is a software problem, otherwise, use factory reset.

make sure when u are flashing a phone, that you reinstall the same software that came with the phone, its very important.

Cheers!
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by dragnet: 9:02pm On Jan 11, 2012
otooro:

when mine happened, i could not even go beyond the startup, so i had no access to the phone at all.

flashing a phone means to remove the operating system and reinstall the same operating system, so the phone will be as new.

u may loose some apps and other things u had in the phone, but its OK still.

it only advised if the fault is a software problem, otherwise, use factory reset.

make sure when u are flashing a phone, that you reinstall the same software that came with the phone, its very important.

Cheers!
or higher
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 11, 2012
^^^^ thanks for the info,
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by mortee: 11:36pm On Jan 11, 2012
Na wah ooo. Why are you people oppressing me with the E6 now? Abeg, who go buy my lappie make I use d money buy Nokia ooo??
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 2:52am On Jan 12, 2012
mortee:

Na wah ooo. Why are you people oppressing me with the E6 now? Abeg, who go buy my lappie make I use d money buy Nokia ooo??

your subsidized lappie should go for about N50,000 and can afford to buy an unsubsidized Nokia E6 for about that amount.

Good bargain. right?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Emeka72(m): 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2012
^ So u ar now comparing NOKIA with Laptop
up NOKIA.

1 Like

Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 13, 2012
hehehehe grin grin

LWFMF! shocked shocked shocked Laugh Wan Finish My Fuel

grin grin grin
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 06, 2012
i can never stop loving dz my phone and am very glad e6 owners ar becoming large in terms of population but when is symbian belle coming 2 dz device cos other symbian^3 devices ar Wetin ders though der is a firmware update available and who have tried it? Itz like 1.2gb

Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by omoboy08(m): 10:46pm On Feb 06, 2012
Movingcoil:

i can never stop loving dz my phone and am very glad e6 owners ar becoming large in terms of population but when is symbian belle coming 2 dz device cos other symbian^3 devices ar Wetin ders though der is a firmware update available and who have tried it? Itz like 1.2gb
Relax ur mind bro, ve already creatd a thread for d update nd fr my research, i learnt is comin 2to3 days time.
Re: Nokia E6 Hanging Problems: by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 18, 2012
I've succesfully update from anna to belle in my e6

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBM Rolls Out Video Calling Feature To Android And Ios / What Is The Most Important Feature Your Smartphone Must Have? / The Itel A70 Vs Redmi A3: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.