Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

The Fraud Called Fuel Subsidy Palliatives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fraud Called Fuel Subsidy Palliatives (1021 Views)

BREAKING: Buhari To Remove Petroleum Subsidy After palliatives / Fuel Subsidy Palliatives Not Possible Again – Jonathan / Personal Income Tax Reduced By PITA Ammendment? One Of The "Palliatives" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fraud Called Fuel Subsidy Palliatives by bodejohn(m): 11:11am On Jan 07, 2012
Guys, am I the only one seeing this? No money will come to the FG after
subsidy is removed, there is no
provision for it in the budget. If I plan to spend 50naira but I get the job done with 25, then I have saved 25. But since I did not plan to spend anything, how will I get savings? The govt has made her spending plan for 2012 and there is no plan to spend on fuel subsidy, so there is no savings coming from anywhere except they plan to borrow for the projects. I ran after @ beef over the threads yesterday for him to shed more light to this position of mine but he did not answer me, how I wish I can ask SLS this question, Nigerians wake up, no monies will be saved by government after subsidy removal, there will be no palliatives, they already spent every thing in the 74% recurrent expenditure budget.
Re: The Fraud Called Fuel Subsidy Palliatives by bodejohn(m): 11:14am On Jan 07, 2012
Moderators, can you please put this on the home page?
Re: The Fraud Called Fuel Subsidy Palliatives by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 07, 2012
@bode john. I ve bin asking same questions wit no answers. The 2012 budget break down had no fuel subsidy in it yet it still got to the tune of #4.8trn naira of which half of it will be sourced4 by borrowing. I tot it was d fuel subsidy inclusions that made us borrow in d 1st place? Im still shocked to my marrows, d budget increased in volume on recurrent expenditure again, meaning fuel subsidy removal was to raise more money to quench the gluttonic appetites of the ruling class as reflected in d recurrent expenditures as proposed on d 2012 budget. The imaginary so called parliatives from d imaginary monies saved from the subsidy removal was also not captured in the 2012 budget breakdown. So d paliatives aint appropraited for abi just d way almighty NNPC can appropraite over #800bn to itself for fuel subsidy as against #240bn appropraited 4it by d theiving national assemblies. What cld be termed corruption if nt this act comited by d federal gvmt itslf? This gvmt cant even lie convincinly without being cought.
Re: The Fraud Called Fuel Subsidy Palliatives by bodejohn(m): 2:03pm On Jan 07, 2012
Thank you, that is why I am pleading with the moderators to get this to the front page. Let us show the govt again that their lies have been puntured. It is either that the govt will borrow to put the palliatives in place or print more Naira.
I have raised these question on more than 5 threads but there has been few or no comments.
Moderators, please one again, I plead take this to the homepage.

(1) (Reply)

Atedo Peterside On Channels Tv - Live / Okonjo-Iweala Shows Her Hand. / Boko-haram- eader insists that jonathan must convert to islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.