Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Waste Disposal Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Waste Disposal Business (20887 Views)

I need Bulk Metal Waste Bins And Waste Disposal Service For A Construction Site / Radioactive Waste Disposal Company In Port Harcourt / Redesigning Lagos State's Waste Disposal System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waste Disposal Business by AKPOZY(m): 11:23pm On Jan 07, 2012
Please, I would like those who know things about waste disposal business to give me information on how to organize it in Warri. I'm a self starter that wish to know the pros and cons in the business. I'll gladly appreciate any meaningful info.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Waste Disposal Business by knowledge4(m): 7:58pm On Jan 26, 2012
Register a business name
Get a permit from the LGA/SG
Get an old vehicle like a Pick up or a VW Danfo for a start
Hire a driver and a laborer who will pick the waste from the residents.
Go to a residential area where the elites reside and present your business to them.
When you go introduce yourself to the elites,dress corporately, not like an Agbero but like a banker
The elites appreciate the service and will pay you without stressing you.
Please avoid the low income class who live in 'face-me-i-face-you' apartments. They will give you more headache than you need.They will not pay!
Print fliers,business cards and receipt books and always issue receipts for every payment made to you.
Charge low for a start like N300-N500 per flat,N7oo per duplex and increase after 6 months to one year.
The residents will pay a registration fee,maybe N200-N300 at the start.
Print waste bags for them and pick the waste once or twice in the month as agreed with them
It costs N50.00 to print a large waste bag in Lagos and you can get an old Danfo bus in lagos for about N100k or less.
Get a shop as an office and state the address on the biz card.
Pay the driver N1500 per working day and the laborer N1000.00.Dress them in overalls and hand gloves.
You will get more than enough clients within few days with aggressive marketing.
Ensure regular communication with your clients by email or sms to maintain their patronage.
Month end, you go collect your service fees.
It is a gold mine in Nigeria becos the local govt whose responsibility it is to dispose waste has no time.
If you have 5oo clients paying you N500 monthly and your overheads take about 25% to 40%, is this not better than retailing recharge cards or roaming the street looking for some non existent office job as many unemployed Nigerians do?
There is dignity in labor as long as it is legitimate.Be proud of what you do as long as it is legitimate.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Waste Disposal Business by oderemo(m): 8:08pm On Jan 26, 2012
@knowledge4, fine analysis right there, but i wany u to have in mind that there is no buss. u run in nigeria with less than 25% overheads, none. am yet to find that buss.
the cost of running even one okada exceed 25% overheads, its impossicant in nigeria.
but i concur with the rest.
Re: Waste Disposal Business by knowledge4(m): 9:51am On Jan 27, 2012
You may be right. I do not dispute it.
The bus or pick up is not for commercial service picking and dropping passengers.
It is for waste disposal which is not an everyday activity.
Say you are servicing a residential estate or neighborhood where you have 500 clients.
You prepare a schedule whereby you pick the waste from 40 homes in one working day and that means 12 working days every month if you have an arrangement to come once in a month.
The vehicle will be working 12 days out of 30 days.If the vehicle is in good working condition from inception,your major expense on it will be fuelling and servicing for the first 6 months.The other 18 days,the vehicle will be parked somewhere resting incurring no cost.
If your monthly revenue is N250k from 500 clients @ N500 per client and overhead is budgeted at 25% i.e N65k,the expected breakdown  for 12 working days/month  for the initial 6 months of operation could be as follows:    (based on my findings so far)
Fuelling @N1000.00 per working day N12ooo.00
Driver's wage @N1500 per working day N18ooo.00
Laborer's wage @ N1000                        N12ooo.00
Office Rent per month                             N2ooo.00
Vehicle Servicing monthly                         N5ooo.00
Printing waste bags                                 N15ooo.00

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waste Disposal Business by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 27, 2012
easier said than done.
Re: Waste Disposal Business by knowledge4(m): 10:07am On Jan 28, 2012
it is easier to destroy than to build.
Start one first and see what can work or not work
The one who has the courage to start is far ahead of the one who is condemning, afraid to start for fear of failure.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Waste Disposal Business by yinkavelli(m): 4:17pm On Jan 28, 2012
knowledge4:

it is easier to destroy than to build.
Start one first and see what can work or not work
The one who has the courage to start is far ahead of the one who is condemning, afraid to start for fear of failure.

its more people like you we need in this country joor. kip kip it up. #bless btw wat business can i start with 20k in a low brow area like Igondo_environs of lagos.

1 Like

Re: Waste Disposal Business by Chinom(m): 10:21pm On Jan 28, 2012
@knowledge4, Your analysis is very concise. If i decide to start and finance such a business, would you run it for me?. Or at least be part of the upstart as a consultant ?.
Re: Waste Disposal Business by ADEBYTE: 11:20pm On Jan 28, 2012
Why is anybody not taking about where and the cost to dispose these wastes after collection
Re: Waste Disposal Business by Maross(m): 1:30am On Jan 29, 2012
ADEBYTE:

Why is anybody not taking about where and the cost to dispose these wastes after collection

Please does it cost anything to dispose the garbage after collection?

@knowledge4; I reckon you must have done a feasibility study on this and perhaps, you are into this biz? Please confirm to me if these wastes are usually sorted into biodegradables and non-biodegradables at the point of disposal at the land fills? If yes, is it the responsibility of the collector to sort them? Lastly, please can you avail me the feasibility report (if you have one).
Re: Waste Disposal Business by knowledge4(m): 3:44pm On Jan 29, 2012
Am working on the idea and need to test the acceptability in the area am targetting.
My knowledge of it was gained through interaction with some guys who are in the biz.
One of these guys dumps the waste at a particular dump within Ogun State very close to Lagos.He pays the operators of the dump an agreed fee to dump the waste. The operators receive the waste from him and do the sorting themselves.

Lagos State operates a different system unlike Ogun State.
In Lagos,you cannot use small vehicles to do the business like in Ogun State.
The Lagos version is advanced.It is a franchise, a PSP(private sector participation) in partnership with LAWMA(lagos state waste mgt authority)
In Lagos, you have to register with the Association of Waste Managers
i learnt that their office is at 4, olayiwola street, Oregun Ikeja.
You have to use special waste collection trucks ,LAWMA type of big trucks to do the job.
I learnt that if one joins the association,he has access to bank credits to purchase the vehicle and repay instalmentally.The vehicle is the collateral.
The future of the biz is great in Lagos & Ogun states because these govts realize that they cannot cope with their waste disposal challenges alone and need private sector assistance to collect and dispose waste more effectively.
If you are intersted in the biz at the Lagos end, you may start from the association of waste managers to get up -to-date details.

1 Like

Re: Waste Disposal Business by ADEBYTE: 4:01pm On Jan 29, 2012
@knowledge4
Thanks for the insight. I am presently looking at starting sometin similar either in lagos and ogun(just afterikorodu).just
Want to know if u can assist with some info on how to go about this. I mean what needed to be in place and the procedure as well as possible
Capital that could be needed. My email is biyiade2@yahoo.com
Re: Waste Disposal Business by knowledge4(m): 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2012
I'll do further investigation on the idea to get up-to-date facts
Re: Waste Disposal Business by Maross(m): 6:15pm On Jan 29, 2012
Hi,

Please also send the info to me; greatmarvis@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Re: Waste Disposal Business by Teeneyo(m): 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2012
please send d info too to baba_neyobiz@yahoo.com asap, i am seriously going to do this
Re: Waste Disposal Business by knowledge4(m): 9:42am On Jan 31, 2012
@Adebyte & Maross
Anything i come up with will be displayed on this thread for the benefit of all.
Meanwhile,if you are really interested in setting up the business, you should start working with what has been posted on this thread. In the process,you will come up with up-to-date facts about the business. Whatever your findings, you should post them here for others to benefit.

@chinom
   We need to get more up-to-date facts about the biz set up.
   I'll let you know when concluded.

1 Like

Re: Waste Disposal Business by knowledge4(m): 9:24am On Feb 01, 2012
@yinkavelli,
   If you are willing to work hard,be focussed and patient to see results,you can do good business with the N20k you have if you wont look down on some jobs as too menial. Business is about organizing and mobilizing resources(men,materials and money) to provide solutions.
Scan your environment.there are problems that need solution.Business is about solving problems through solutions

One idea to do with N20k in your Igando environ is House Cleaning Services
Many working class  people are too busy to clean their homes and househelps are rare in the present day.
They need part-time cleaners who will help wash their toilets, sweep the compound and wash in-house gutters,cut grass,trim flowers and the like.
Print biz cards.200 copies is about N2500.00. Package yourself as a Professional Cleaning agency. Dress well like a banker and go introducing yourself to them as a Professional  House Cleaner and tell them what you can do. Focus on buildings like flats where the elites live in. However dont rule out 'face-me-i-face-you apartments.
Charge low for a start maybe N3500.00 monthly and agree once weekly cleaning with them. Get about 50 clients in an area.

Then look for unemployed young boys and girls and jobless housewives in the area who have nothing doing. Attach one person to 5 houses to clean. Pay them N2500.00 per house and your own profit is N1000 per house. Use the N20k as working capital to buy brooms and buckets and detergent and the like for cleaning.Dress your staff in overalls. Supervise them to ensure they are at their duty posts on work days.
Earning N1k per house from 50 clients will fetch you N50k monthly. This is much better than retailing recharge cards. The profit on N20k worth of recharge cards is N700.00 and you cannot sell N20k worth daily because the competition is too stiff.
Think about this idea and modify it.
Wish you the best.

8 Likes

Re: Waste Disposal Business by toysmall: 9:59am On Feb 01, 2012
My commerce shopping sites about many products, we support it
Re: Waste Disposal Business by Divab(f): 7:24pm On Feb 01, 2012
@knowledge4

Thank you for these insight, ure a rare gem,
Re: Waste Disposal Business by 5p1naz(m): 8:25pm On Feb 01, 2012
[size=14pt]OK i couldn't help but post on this thread, @knowledge, it appears you are so into business ideas. so help me with this. i have 250thousand naira and i know not what to do with it. please help me with this. if its wrong to discuss on this thread we could go private if you don't mind, [/size]
Re: Waste Disposal Business by ADEBYTE: 10:45pm On Feb 01, 2012
@knowledge4
Ok.thanks and I will be waiting to hear from you
Re: Waste Disposal Business by osculate(m): 11:59am On Feb 02, 2012
@knowledge 4, ur name speaks for you and a special one.
Re: Waste Disposal Business by knowledge4(m): 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2012
@5pinaz
I tried to respond on this thread but was banned,just released.
Leave your email,i will respond privately.
Re: Waste Disposal Business by 5p1naz(m): 4:44pm On Feb 02, 2012
thats me @knowledge
Re: Waste Disposal Business by ADEBYTE: 7:04pm On Feb 02, 2012
@knowledge4
Am still waiting to hear from you. Also will like you to send me details of possible business ventures that you reckon will yield to my email address (biyiade2@yahoo.com) and I will get back to you
Re: Waste Disposal Business by austino01(m): 10:41pm On Feb 02, 2012
@knowlegde4,
I really appreciate your knowledge on this forum may God continue to bless you. Am one of the numerious niaja that have lived in abroad and is trying to get back home and start something for myself, pls can you suggest some line of business that will be profitable with lesser risk. maybe you can send me some of the list in my mail, mind you i already have my house and two solid car for my personal use and i have save almost 10M to start with. pls can you use your idea as someone who have live in nigeria and know what works by giving me at least 4 to 5 businesses idea that you know. i will really appreciate it my email is krab36@yahoo.com. once again thanks alot.
Re: Waste Disposal Business by adhoc: 8:57am On Feb 06, 2012
gentlemen,
I think we should allow the knowledge' to share all the good stuff in this forum for the benefit of all. directing him to private email will not help others.
oga Knowledge man, please keep rolling out the ideas, my note book is open.

1 Like

Re: Waste Disposal Business by lightheart(m): 2:12pm On Feb 07, 2012
Wat r d cons?
Re: Waste Disposal Business by EACBLAZE: 7:33pm On Feb 07, 2012
@knowledge4 You re too much loaded. I can't stop screaming your name, please i need your advise. am a working class,Am considering quitting my job before the end of the year and start biz, but still confuse on what type of biz I will start with 500k. just like importation biz in mind

Pls I will appreciate ur priceless Suggestion on this Thanks alot
Re: Waste Disposal Business by styles2009: 2:02am On Feb 08, 2012
@knowledge, you said something that stuck me deeply 'Business is about solving problems through solutions'
you are right, one can start a business with a small capital ,you just have to follow this rule and improvise : Business is about solving problems through solutions
Re: Waste Disposal Business by ayodele123(m): 9:55am On Feb 10, 2012
To make money, find a problem to solve.

1 Like

Re: Waste Disposal Business by knowledge4(m): 10:12am On Feb 10, 2012
@eacblaze
keep your N500k safe in a bank account. dont make the mistake as many do looking at the money as the solution.to do so is to end up in the wrong business, lose the money and come out with regrets. look at business in terms of providing solutions to problems.then go out to look for problems that need solutions. find the solutions and then set up a business to provide the solution.people pay for solutions to their problems and that is how you make money

Scan an environment
what problems do you see
what are the solutions
do a market survey to test the accaptability of the solution
set up a biz to provide the solutions to the problem

what are your talents and skills?what do you like doing or passionate about?Assess your abilities?what can you do better than others?what can you do and love doing and can do without stress anytime? Locate your gift because you definitely have one as God created and deposited gifts in us which can make a way for us.Praise George did not finish his law studies.He dropped out and focussed on writing. today, he makes N15m yearly from his books. No factory, just writing with the use of a laptop.

Online business is another way to make money.it is real, very real but you have to learn how the internet works before you can make money from it.You can make legitimate money from the internet in so many ways as there are many internet business models but you should focus on one,not jumping from one to the other as many do. Online business requires focus, continuous training, consistent hard work and patience to see results. you have to learn it from those who know how it works and have concrete proof,not fake proof.You cannot learn it from fly-by-night teachers who will only take your money and leave you stranded. do not believe anyone who tells you he has a formular that will make you $100 in the next 24 hrs.
I can advise you where to go to learn it in an organisation which is the forerunner of internet and online biz training in nigeria.you will get the best online business training at the lowest prices. I think you should start from here to learn over the year before you take the decision to quit the job.
Online business mainly requires a laptop, internet connection and your knowledge of what to do and how to do it. Importation business that you mentioned is an online biz too but you need to learn it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Falls To N345/$ In Parallel Market / Ever Bought Something Of Inferior Quality Unknowingly? Share Your Experiences. / Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.