Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? (2244 Views)

Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex / My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him / Why Would A Man Stay In A Marriage If He Doesn't Love His Wife Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by Rosby(m): 1:52pm On Mar 15, 2006
He/she wants to marry you but does not want your child.
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by Seun(m): 1:59pm On Mar 15, 2006
Any woman that would even consider that does not deserve to have children. That means you don't even care about your child. That means if he mistreats the child, you would not even step in to correct the injustice.
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by chy(f): 1:31pm On Mar 16, 2006
i dont its the best option he must love the child too
that must be the condition
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by alheri(f): 10:19am On Mar 17, 2006
Dump the guy straight! If you love me, you have to accept all my baggage cos am ready to accept yours. Though yours may not be your child, could be your mother or sisters or relatives. Infact, that doesnt even arise. If you cant accept my kid, bye bye!

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by Rosby(m): 11:10am On Mar 17, 2006
Some foolish and irresponsible ladies that has no respect and love for human life will say ' if it is my child that will be a barrier for me to get married, I have no option but to drop him/her anywhere - so far as I drop money for his/her up-keep.

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by 2cantango(f): 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2006
My Mum and my Uncle were both ditched because their mothers boyfriend didn't want them angry cry
My poor Uncle is still suffering from this childhood trauma. cry cry
I could never abandon my kids for anyone, or for any reason. My kids are my life, we are a packaged deal, we will not be separated under any circumstances. That's the bottom line.

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by Dupsybaby(f): 6:44pm On Mar 18, 2006
For wia, lai lai its impossicant.The man can go bury himself in a pit .Give up my child no way.

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by loriann(f): 5:59pm On Mar 21, 2006
never if he wants mi then he should want what comes with mi or forget it
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by Rhodalyn(f): 6:01pm On Mar 21, 2006
love me, love my dog!!
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by eveseh(f): 8:35pm On Apr 27, 2006
no i wont
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by chisunday(m): 9:52am On Apr 01, 2012
Whatsoever God has joined together let not man put asunder.even in a marriage husband and wife comes first b4 children.the child can be catered for but shouldnt be a hinderance
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by Celyt(f): 4:10pm On Apr 01, 2012
@ chisunday, did u really mean what u said? Let me believe you didn't understand the poster before you replied, the poster asked, 'can you dump your child because your spouse-to-be does not want him/her?
And my answer is NO, i will never trade my child for anything!
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by gabbytabby: 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2012
Sorry the children need to decide whether he/she is good enough for the family.
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 01, 2012
gabbytabby: Sorry the children need to decide whether he/she is good enough for the family.

agreed - can u imagine me dumping my precious child for a MAN - God will never create the man that can make me do that. A child will remain with you for life man/woman can come and go like that, I can't even believe people do this.

its so annoying when i read how kids are being abused and the mother just allows it - that is just f**ked up (excuse my language)
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by Fhemmmy: 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2012
Rosby: He/she wants to marry you but does not want your child.

If the person really loves you, he or she will loves all that concerns YOU.
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by zill(f): 9:14pm On Apr 01, 2012
Marriage may fail but my children will always be there for me. My precious jewels kiss

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by EfemenaXY: 9:22pm On Apr 01, 2012

Only a selfish, self-centred and inherently wicked spouse would make such a request.

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by Ndipe(m): 2:38am On Apr 02, 2012
Some questions people ask is shocked. . .
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by agiboma(f): 1:47pm On Apr 02, 2012
@ op its a pretty old post but i would tell the potential spouse to get lost
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by Akinagirl(f): 4:45pm On Apr 02, 2012
Then that person can go to hell. My kids are first
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:02pm On Apr 02, 2012

No way. It's either the two of us or nothing.
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by NaJoke2000: 2:24pm On Apr 03, 2012
Tgirl4real:

No way. It's either the two of us or nothing.

I can't marry her with any baggage that will come and scatter my house in future.
If i were in her shoe, i will return the child to the father if the father is still alive.
Or let the child stay with her parents. Then i can start paying the child a visit.

I can only consider the proposal, only & only if the father is dead!!!
what's d point of keeping another man's child ... this is why single parent find it difficult to settle down again.

Men find it difficult to cope with this, although i'm aware of some exceptions!!!
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by EfemenaXY: 4:28pm On Apr 03, 2012
NaJoke2000:

I can't marry her with any baggage that will come and scatter my house in future.
If i were in her shoe, i will return the child to the father if the father is still alive.
Or let the child stay with her parents. Then i can start paying the child a visit.

what's d point of keeping another man's child ... this is why single parent find it difficult to settle down again.

Men find it difficult to cope with this, although i'm aware of some exceptions!!!

Easier said than done.

Put yourself in the child's shoes. Would you want to be separated from your mother? Would you want your mother to give you up in favour of an intended spouse?

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by NaJoke2000: 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Easier said than done.

Put yourself in the child's shoes. Would you want to be separated from your mother? Would you want your mother to give you up in favour of an intended spouse?

Dnt get me wrong... she's not giving up her child. Women does not have that ABSOLUTE RIGHT over a child.
Staying with d father doesn't mean she's giving up her child. do u get it?

Some decision are so difficult to take...however, it doesn't mean it can't b taken.
U can only see today but u dont know what tomorrow holds!
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by EfemenaXY: 5:18pm On Apr 03, 2012
NaJoke2000:

Dnt get me wrong... she's not giving up her child. Women does not have that ABSOLUTE RIGHT over a child.
Staying with d father doesn't mean she's giving up her child. do u get it?

Some decision are so difficult to take...however, it doesn't mean it can't b taken.
U can only see today but u dont know what tomorrow holds!

No Sir, I don't get it - so I'm hoping you'll enlighten me?

And you still haven't answered my question - I'll rephrase the questions but using your own words:

* As the child, would you want your mother's spouse to refer to you as baggage that would scatter the house in future?

* As the child, would you want your mother to return you to your father (if he's still alive)

* As the child, would you want your mother to make let you stay with your grandparents then your mother would pay you the ocassional visit if she so wishes?

* As the child how would you feel being refered to as "another man's child"?

Pls remember that [b]no child [/b]in this world asked to be born. It is the responsibility of the parents to look after the child - and not pass them off from pillar to post like an unwanted shoe. Moreover the mother needs to nuture and suckle her young one(s).

1 Like

Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by NaJoke2000: 6:05pm On Apr 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:

No Sir, I don't get it - so I'm hoping you'll enlighten me?

And you still haven't answered my question - I'll rephrase the questions but using your own words:

* As the child, would you want your mother's spouse to refer to you as baggage that would scatter the house in future?

* As the child, would you want your mother to return you to your father (if he's still alive)
As the child, would you want your mother to make let you stay with your grandparents then your mother would pay you the ocassional visit if she so wishes?

* As the child how would you feel being refered to as "another man's child"?

Pls remember that [b]no child [/b]in this world asked to be born. It is the responsibility of the parents to look after the child - and not pass them off from pillar to post like an unwanted shoe. Moreover the mother needs to nuture and suckle her young one(s).

As a teenager, I don't see anything wrong staying with my father. Becos, I dont want to be abused in mothers husband home or considered as baggage.
As a baby, the woman needs to take care of the child to a "comfortable" age before she thinks of settling down with another man! It depends on her priority.

I Don't see staying wit the father as an abomination. women does not av absolute right over the child.
Although, there's tendency of been abuse in both homes. Honestly, i think the father wld av a better grip!
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by gabbytabby: 3:18pm On Apr 05, 2012
NaJoke2000:

na real joke oh hmmm hmmm hmmm
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by missmaybelline: 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2012
Then he's clearly not ready 2 marry me. Any man who wants to marry me must be willing to accept my child as well.
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by Africanpoet: 8:23pm On Apr 10, 2012
Marriage is sacred and should be done out of love....
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by knowledge4(m): 6:17pm On Apr 12, 2012
The man who marries a woman with a child from another man must accept the child as his own.
If he refuses,then the woman is advised not to marry such a man.
Some desperate women have abandoned their children somewhere in the care of others to remarry.
Its grossly unfair and a grave disservice to those children.
Re: Would You Dump Your Child For Marriage If Your Spouse Insists? by Ndipe(m): 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2012
knowledge4: The man who marries a woman with a child from another man must accept the child as his own.
If he refuses,then the woman is advised not to marry such a man.
Some desperate women have abandoned their children somewhere in the care of others to remarry.
Its grossly unfair and a grave disservice to those children.

(1) (Reply)

Sisters Batter Mistress For Dating Their Brother / She Is Hell To Live With. / Mother And Son (what Is Wrong About This Picture?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.