Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? (2239 Views)

So What Do you Consider as Cheating? / How Marriage Has Become A Luxury In Nigeria / Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by acidtalk: 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2013
Hello my fellow Nigerian / African brothers. There's something I will like us to discuss but in other not to waste too much of your time let me just ask the question straight away :

Which of the following Items to you consider as a LUXURY to provide for your wife to help out in the chores in the house?

House Help
Washing Machine
Vacuum Cleaner
Yam Pounder
Dish Washer

Let's be very honest. I will share the reason why I asked this question in a short while.
Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by Coldblooded(m): 6:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
acidtalk: Hello my fellow Nigerian / African brothers. There's something I will like us to discuss but in other not to waste too much of your time let me just ask the question straight away :

Which of the following Items to you consider as a LUXURY to provide for your wife to help out in the chores in the house?

House Help
Washing Machine
Vacuum Cleaner
Yam Pounder
Dish Washer

Let's be very honest. I will share the reason why I asked this question in a short while.
it depends on the number of people in the family but I think a dish washer might be considered a luxury for me.
Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by acidtalk: 6:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
Cold blooded: it depends on the number of people in the family but I think a dish washer might be considered a luxury for me.

What about if we are looking at from a newly wedded couple (husband and wife only) to maximum of 3 children (husband, wife and 3 kids).
Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by greatgod2012(f): 6:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
acidtalk: Hello my fellow Nigerian / African brothers. There's something I will like us to discuss but in other not to waste too much of your time let me just ask the question straight away :

House Help
Washing Machine
Vacuum Cleaner
Yam Pounder
Dish Washer

as for me, i wil appreciate......
-washing machine.
-vacuum cleaner.
-dish washer.
I dont need yam pounder, poundo yam is there, neither do i need a househelp, all the above items will go a long way to reduce my house chores, and besides, househelp can be somehow sometimes, (hope you understand what i mean).
Meanwhile, im not a guy, but i believe i have spoken the mind of most men here.
Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by acidtalk: 6:55pm On Apr 28, 2013
greatgod2012:

as for me, i wil appreciate......
-washing machine.
-vacuum cleaner.
-dish washer.
I dont need yam pounder, poundo yam is there, neither do i need a househelp, all the above items will go a long way to reduce my house chores, and besides, househelp can be somehow sometimes, (hope you understand what i mean).
Meanwhile, im not a guy, but i believe i have spoken the mind of most men here.

I so much appreciate your contribution.

What about if a bachelor has all on that least except the first and last (House help and dish washer) and then his friends come over for lunch on a weekend and starts yabbing him that if he has all these items in his home then what house chore does he expect his wife to do aside sitting down and watching tv all day long.

By the way, nothing compares to the Original Pounded Yam oh! Don't forget all those Yam Flour contains chemicals and preservatives which can be harmful to the body.

1 Like

Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
maybe househelp, dishwasher. But for me however, yam pounder is definitely a necessity!.....#bini man

1 Like

Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by acidtalk: 7:21pm On Apr 28, 2013
Justosaus: maybe househelp, dishwasher. But for me however, yam pounder is definitely a necessity!.....#bini man

Bros, it is more than a necessity oh! I used to feel so sorry for my mum those days she pounded for me (she knows I love my pounded yam).

All through my years of dating, I have met only ONE lady that accepted and even begs to pound for me. Now with my pounding machine, nobody dey hold me to ransome again oh!

1 Like

Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 28, 2013
acidtalk:

What about if a bachelor has all on that least except the first and last (House help and dish washer) and then his friends come over for lunch on a weekend and starts yabbing him that if he has all these items in his home then what house chore does he expect his wife to do aside sitting down and watching tv all day long.

By the way, nothing compares to the Original Pounded Yam oh! Don't forget all those Yam Flour contains chemicals and preservatives which can be harmful to the body.

A married man does not is not supposed to listen to such talks. undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by acidtalk: 7:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
alutacontinua:

A married man does not is not supposed to listen to such talks. undecided undecided

If you go through that post again, you will discover such talks were said to a bachelor and not a married man.
Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 28, 2013
acidtalk:

If you go through that post again, you will discover such talks were said to a bachelor and not a married man.

I know...i'm just trying to say when you get married, don't listen to such talks. You're allowed now...there's more to house-chores than all those items you listed up there. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
acidtalk:

Then he should tell them he is marrying a wife because he loves her, not because he wants someone to do chores.
Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by acidtalk: 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
alutacontinua:

I know...i'm just trying to say when you get married, don't listen to such talks. You're allowed now...there's more to house-chores than all those items you listed up there. cool cool

But if you look at it critically, those items if gotten in a home will reduce the house chores drastically a woman needs to go through.

I.E Washing machine does the laundary, all she has to do is to spread the cloths (her artificial nails remain instact)

Yam pounder saves her a whole lot of energy and time.

Yeah! There are things like cooking, arranging the house and the rest to let's be honest, those items will reduce the house chores to an extent.
Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by acidtalk: 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2013
steph7: Then he should tell them he is marrying a wife because he loves her, not because he wants someone to do chores.

Now let me pass the question to you, which of the items can you do without in your home as a married woman?
Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 28, 2013
acidtalk:

But if you look at it critically, those items if gotten in a home will reduce the house chores drastically a woman needs to go through.

I.E Washing machine does the laundary, all she has to do is to spread the cloths (her artificial nails remain instact)

Yam pounder saves her a whole lot of energy and time.

Yeah! There are things like cooking, arranging the house and the rest to let's be honest, those items will reduce the house chores to an extent.

Of course...but are you marrying her so that she can be doing the house-chores? Is your definition of a wife the one that works 24-7 and gets old 2 years after marriage? Even if she's not doing house-chores again, i think that only gives her more time for other things like taking care of you and her children and her job. Does that mean she would be spending that time on the tv? I think the problem with your friend, which I believe you shouldn't have is that they think the definition of a wife is someone who spends 16 out of 24 hours in a Saturday doing house-chores. When there are other things to make things easier for her, why hold back? undecided

I might not be comfortable with the house-help part but if my husband is comfortable enough to provide others on the list, then, why not?
Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 28, 2013
lemme be greedy and pick two, washing machine and yam pounder, I can't do without them
Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
Househelp.
A househelp ll do the washing, pounding, cleaning, cooking & others. I know where to get a well behaved househelp that ll give me no problem.
Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by acidtalk: 4:25am On Apr 29, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Househelp.
A househelp ll do the washing, pounding, cleaning, cooking & others. I know where to get a well behaved househelp that ll give me no problem.

Ah! Ah!! You wan kill person pikin?

Ona lo jin oh! Eru ma ni baba. Esha ye jeje oh nitori ola. Toba je iwo lo ni oni, lo opo e ko dara, olomi na bo ti o ni ola.

The is distance that is far, the slave also has a father. Take life easy because no one knows tomorrow. If you are in a position today, make good use of it because surely somebody else will take over from you tomorrow.
Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:48am On Apr 29, 2013
acidtalk:

Ah! Ah!! You wan kill person pikin?

Ona lo jin oh! Eru ma ni baba. Esha ye jeje oh nitori ola. Toba je iwo lo ni oni, lo opo e ko dara, olomi na bo ti o ni ola.

The is distance that is far, the slave also has a father. Take life easy because no one knows tomorrow. If you are in a position today, make good use of it because surely somebody else will take over from you tomorrow.
mbok! I m not gonna overload the Househelp with work na. It's just a wise pick. A Househelp can do the work of a Dish Washer, Yam Pounder, Washing Machine & other.

1 Like

Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by acidtalk: 2:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: mbok! I m not gonna overload the Househelp with work na. It's just a wise pick. A Househelp can do the work of a Dish Washer, Yam Pounder, Washing Machine & other.

Okiki, na people like you them suppose to dey arrest for modern slavery.

You wan go carry unaged children from togo or benin shey? God dey watch you oh!
Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:29pm On Apr 29, 2013
acidtalk:

Okiki, na people like you them suppose to dey arrest for modern slavery.

You wan go carry unaged children from togo or benin shey? God dey watch you oh!
Eww!
What I do?
Why is them arrest me?
I m just choosing wisely from your list & you are painting me black. Don't get it twisted man.
-----------------------
Last Bullet: I also don't support overloading Househelps with work. I m not a callous man. I v feelings.
Re: Men Which Of These Items Do You Consider As A Luxury To Provide In The House? by acidtalk: 6:31pm On Apr 29, 2013
Okiki Oluwa, the man with feelings. But definitely not when it comes to tackling jonathan.

Nice choice bro but unfortunately most ladies don't support the idea of having house helps in the early part of the marriage because they don't trust you guys.

(1) (Reply)

Guess Who Is The Mother And Who Is The Daughter? / New England Brogues Shoes / Video- Man Kneels To Beg His Wife For Forgiveness After Labelling Her A Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.