Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? (1450 Views)

The Logic Behind INEC New PUS And Why Northerners Will Always Have Upper Hands / We Own APGA, Northerners Will Determine APGA Leader - Alhaji Sani Shinkafi / Update::: We Northerners Will Be Leaving Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? by TRUTHTELA: 1:59am On Jan 09, 2012
If we can seperate the GREEDY Northern elites, I think that an average Northerner, has no PROBLEM having an Islamic republic and going by their conservative nature, they will still survive, cos, no much education, hence, no interest in white collar jobs, they are FINE with " subsistence farming", unlike the Southerners. They despise alot of WESTERN values, consequently, they're contented with whatever NATURE provides, unlike the Southerners, we all know how it is.

In a NUTSHELL, the free money created by the OIL &GAS in the South worsened the GREED of the few Northern elites and they can't LET GO! The common man in the North will not have a problem having his own Islamic Republic. Bakwomi !!

Nigeria is working and making progress, as long as the PETRO DOLLAR is available for them to steal.

Personally, I think with or without subsidy, this UNION will never ever WORK. Nigerian's are postponing the DOOMSDAY.

Can't this subsidy issue be changed to " DO YOU WANT TO live TOGETHER as A people ( NATION ) "  ?
Re: Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? by stayreal: 2:05am On Jan 09, 2012
They have everything to lose and nothing to gain but a true rogue islamic state similar to Afganistan.
Re: Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? by TRUTHTELA: 2:55am On Jan 09, 2012
^^^ they will be contented with it and will have no problem.
Re: Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? by musiwa43: 2:57am On Jan 09, 2012
the north have nothing to loss if nigeria disintegrate. the nigeria press only use fear to keep their business.

The north have enough potential to be a great country. I have lived in the north before. they are hard working people. Not what beaf make people feel they are.

The north was made to believe that Oil in ijawland was made to pay for their state allocation. But that as never been so.  Oil money comes in dollars and the govt does not use it for state allocation or local govt allocation.  It is internal generated revenue that is use for state and local govt allocation.  Which comes from taxes,

At the moment Sokoto or Yobe state does not get  paid taxes for cell phone use. Or for using the banking system or other area like electricity etc. This money are use to develop Gwariland in abuja. This is one of the major problem.

Nigeria does not operate federal system as required in the constitution.   This is why Sokoto and yobe etc are suffering. They use cell phone and the govt collect taxes but instead of state collecting the taxes from MTN or globacom etc. Abuja collect the money, this money are stolen in abuja. And the people of yobe or sokoto never see this money,
Re: Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? by musiwa43: 3:09am On Jan 09, 2012
This is the north. You see Jonathan Goodluck getting involve in northerner politics is not good. Look if nigeria break up. I will tell you this. That the fulani/hausa area will have abuja area as part of their area because most of the properties in abuja are own by fulani /hausa,

So anyone telling them that they would not cut it off for them will find it hard to make a case. Jonathan Goodluck and his people are just been emotion about it, that oil money was use to build abuja. so they dont want it to go. but I dont think they can do anything about it. the largest ethnics group in abuja are fulani/hausa from what I know then,

they will fight over abuja. i know them. so for there to be peace, you do the right thing. they have nothing to loss.

[img]http://damiensblackbook.files./2009/10/abj.jpg[/img]
Re: Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? by TRUTHTELA: 3:24am On Jan 09, 2012
@ MUSIWA: That's the way FORWARD, the North has a great potentials and the GREEDY few like Ciroma, Shehu Yardua, Danjuma, ETC, mislead millions of ordinary Northerners, made them lazy, became billionaires @ their expense, and they grew up with the notion that Nigeria, will be BED OF ROSES for them, unforutnately, CHANGE IS THE ONLY PERMANENT THING IN LIFE.

Like you rightly pointed out, when it comes to TAXES, it does not make ECONOMIC sense, oil firms to be destroying someone else's enviroment and someone else will be collecting the TAXES been paid by the oil companies & just hand it over to state Governors in the NON-OIL PRODUCING STATES.

If we are to practice FEDERALISM in a progressive way, it is AWKWARD to for Fed Govt to TAX Guiness & Nigeria Breweries and then give the money generated from ALCHOHOL ( HARAM ) to states that prohibts the sell of ALCHOHOL thru Sharia Laws. You can't bite the finger that FEEDS you.

Sokoto & Kebbi, should be able to live withing their means, collect & spend their " CELLPHONE & BANK taxes.

A lot is FUNDMENTALLY WRONG with Nigeria, hence, I do NOT see it going anywhere, it will keep going from pillar to post, until the UNTHINKABLE happens.
Re: Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? by OneNaira6: 3:29am On Jan 09, 2012
The best comparison for the North without South would be Niger and maybe Mali.  They will lose alot, might fall back to very underdeveloped nation but after few years, they might regain themselves using agriculture.
Re: Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? by TRUTHTELA: 3:34am On Jan 09, 2012
@ Musiwa, I detest talking about TRIVIAL & WASTEFUL things. Ask yourself, what is there to INHERIT in Abuja? What is there to fight about? Why would any sensible person fight over an ARID LAND ( Abuja ), if you seprate the buildings, what do you think is left? the buildings are not ASSETS. Go into the history of the civil war, and find out the SOUL of that war. Why the foreign nations that backed the Fed Govt of Nigeria did so, it was not cos of the SKY SCRAPPERS in Lagos.

My fear is this, if things gets out of hand in Nigeria, you'll see how much FOREIGN POWERS will PROTECT, SUPPORT & SUPPLY WEAPONS to the same REGION where their INTEREST & INVESTMENTS are located.

Abuja, is simply an EMPTY desert, as long as Nigeria exists, the OIL is the SOUL of it.
Re: Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? by TRUTHTELA: 3:39am On Jan 09, 2012
@One NAIRA, that is what I'm trying to say, for sure, they will be so IMPOVERISH, like CHAD, NIGER SUDAN, etc, GET THIS, the average Northerner does NOT care he will be living his 14th century life peaceful. The problem here is their elites that have become billionaires thru the SOUTHERN OIL WEALTH. FYI, Northern Nigeria, as @ TODAY, is not BETTER than CHAD, MALI, NIGER etc, hence, THERE'S NOTHING TO LOOSE.

An Economist once describe the North as " THE WRETCHED OF THE EARTH"

For the northern elites, there should be Nigeria, as long as there's PETRO DOLLAR.
Re: Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? by stayreal: 3:42am On Jan 09, 2012
TRUTHTELA:

@ Musiwa, I detest talking about TRIVIAL & WASTEFUL things. Ask yourself, what is there to INHERIT in Abuja? What is there to fight about? Why would any sensible person fight over an ARID LAND ( Abuja ), if you seprate the buildings, what do you think is left? the buildings are not ASSETS. Go into the history of the civil war, and find out the SOUL of that war. Why the foreign nations that backed the Fed Govt of Nigeria did so, it was not cos of the SKY SCRAPPERS in Lagos.

My fear is this, if things gets out of hand in Nigeria, you'll see how much  FOREIGN POWERS  will PROTECT, SUPPORT & SUPPLY WEAPONS to the same REGION where their INTEREST & INVESTMENTS  are located.

Abuja, is simply an EMPTY desert, as long as Nigeria exists, the OIL is the SOUL of it.

Tell 'em! If 1 million people are killed tomorrow in nothern Nigeria, the West (US, UK, etc) will not care one bit, but let there be a war that prevents OIL from pumping in the Delta, They will be here quicker than you can say abracadabra!
Re: Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? by umechuma: 7:19am On Jan 09, 2012
The North have been a parasite and lazy people in Nigeria since Oil was discovered.An average Northern is uneducated and only knows how to go to the mosque five times a day and learn how to kill non-Muslims.80% beggars and poor people in Nigeria come from the North and if Nigeria should disintegrate the North will not be able to feed their self and will most likely die of hunger and starvation.
Re: Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? by emmke(m): 8:32am On Jan 09, 2012
umechuma:

The North have been a parasite and lazy people in Nigeria since Oil was discovered.An average Northern is uneducated and only knows how to go to the mosque five times a day and learn how to kill non-Muslims.80% beggars and poor people in Nigeria come from the North and if Nigeria should disintegrate the North will not be able to feed their self and will most likely die of hunger and starvation.

the rants of a supposed educated southerner (a stark illiterate by all standards). Hahahà. Obviously u and most posters here have never been to the north. Hunger and starvation on the same people that are responsible for more than 60% of nigeria's agricultural produce. How daft. Some southerners and their ignorance and unfounded arrogance, lmao. Why dont u smack yourselves out of that delusion. And no, genius, northerners are not lazy grin grin
Re: Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? by maigaskiya1: 1:50pm On Jun 02, 2012
Lets go by simple statistics.if d total numba of peple dat voted in d last electn frm d north re 2 pay as tax 500nira per month 4 50ys d total money gatherd wil nt be able 2 measure up wit d amount of oil nija gets in 3mnnths.so who is dat felow sayng dat dy dnt pay salaries frm oil money na hw much dm dy get frm tax.
Re: Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? by achi4u(m): 2:34pm On Jun 02, 2012
they have nothing to loose,an average northerner dont know the sweetness of life and careless to know,so what is he loosing?

is it his company at Aba or his building at Enugu___________noffin
Re: Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2012
It's only the oligarchy and their stooges that will lose. The average northerner is not really benefitting anything from nigeria. It's only the christian minority that are in support of one nigeria because they are afraid of muslim domination. This is what the oligarchy used to manipulate Gowon to by using him as a front during the war. Until the northern minorities take their destiny in their hands, I'm afraid we may have to remain one for some time to come.
Re: Do You Think Northerners Will Lose Anything From Nigeria's Disintergration? by dasparrow: 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2012
stayreal:

Tell 'em! If 1 million people are killed tomorrow in nothern Nigeria, the West (US, UK, etc) will not care one bit, but let there be a war that prevents OIL from pumping in the Delta, They will be here quicker than you can say abracadabra!

So true and that is why I call western countries like the US and UK 'vultures' because that is what best describes them in my opinion.

TRUTHTELA: @ MUSIWA: That's the way FORWARD, the North has a great potentials and the GREEDY few like Ciroma, Shehu Yardua, Danjuma, ETC, mislead millions of ordinary Northerners, made them lazy, became billionaires @ their expense, and they grew up with the notion that Nigeria, will be BED OF ROSES for them, unforutnately, CHANGE IS THE ONLY PERMANENT THING IN LIFE.

Like you rightly pointed out, when it comes to TAXES, it does not make ECONOMIC sense, oil firms to be destroying someone else's enviroment and someone else will be collecting the TAXES been paid by the oil companies & just hand it over to state Governors in the NON-OIL PRODUCING STATES.

If we are to practice FEDERALISM in a progressive way, it is AWKWARD to for Fed Govt to TAX Guiness & Nigeria Breweries and then give the money generated from ALCHOHOL ( HARAM ) to states that prohibts the sell of ALCHOHOL thru Sharia Laws. You can't bite the finger that FEEDS you.

Sokoto & Kebbi, should be able to live withing their means, collect & spend their " CELLPHONE & BANK taxes.
A lot is FUNDMENTALLY WRONG with Nigeria, hence, I do NOT see it going anywhere, it will keep going from pillar to post, until the UNTHINKABLE happens.

I agree with your post so I am not going to add anything more to what has already been said.

umechuma: The North have been a parasite and lazy people in Nigeria since Oil was discovered.An average Northern is uneducated and only knows how to go to the mosque five times a day and learn how to kill non-Muslims.80% beggars and poor people in Nigeria come from the North and if Nigeria should disintegrate the North will not be able to feed their self and will most likely die of hunger and starvation.

I am not too sure about that. I think if Nigeria should disintegrate, the northerners will go back to their simple way of life. After all, were they not surviving before the uninvited europeans came along and forced them to be part of the entity we know as Nigeria today? Things might be a bit difficult for them at first but after that, I think they will be alright.

(1) (Reply)

Police Say Airforce Jet Accidentally Fires Missile At A Port Harcourt Building / Striking Black Miners Gunned Down by Black Police During Protest In S.A. (pix) / Gej Bows To Arewa As Oil Output Falls;may Stop Free Money To Tompolo,asari Et Al

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.