Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Safinatu Mohammed and Her Telephone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Safinatu Mohammed and Her Telephone (5322 Views)

Lai Mohammed And Senator Godswill Akpabio Pictured Together / Suggest A Portfolio For Lai Mohammed And Amaechi As A Minister / Old Picture Of President Elect Buhari ,late Wife Safinatu And Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Safinatu Mohammed and Her Telephone by Danasco(m): 5:59pm On Jul 13, 2005
Remember the power-riden English Language speaking, iron lady and frank Safinatu Mohammed? She contributed to almost all the phone-in programmes on the electronic media in the country. What prompted her to do this? Patrotism? Is the country worth her effort? How will she recover from this?

Can someone please invite her to Nairaland? We need her contribution here too. Is she really been listened to? Sometimes she broke into crying for the decay and rot in this country.

The last time I heard about her was when she fell ill and needed some money for treatment abroad. Did the assistance come her way?
Re: Safinatu Mohammed and Her Telephone by hotangel2(f): 7:35pm On Jul 13, 2005
okay. What do we do now? I am sorry for her.
Re: Safinatu Mohammed and Her Telephone by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 15, 2005
i sure do remember her. always active (i'm sure still active) on Ray Power, NTA tuesday live amongst others. kinda queer woman, refuses to reveal her age.

she has cancer and i think good-spirited Nigerians like Danasco should check the papers to see how they can make contributions to her cause. i don't know if she finally went for surgery though.

God bless her, we need more people likE that in Nigeria

there used to be another guy. a certain chief from festac(abi) who used to always call into Ray Powers early morning audience participation programme. don't now whats up with him now?
Re: Safinatu Mohammed and Her Telephone by Danasco(m): 1:48pm On Aug 04, 2005
@trae z. The Festac chief is still vey active, but SAfinatu? i dont know her wereabout. for sure i will call try to find out.
Re: Safinatu Mohammed and Her Telephone by Agboola1(m): 6:08pm On May 04, 2007
i know her, her contribution is always useful though, but i think and suspect shes strategising for ministerial appointment or something. had i time i would have done the same thing for recognition.

thumbs up for her
Re: Safinatu Mohammed and Her Telephone by mortee: 12:54am On Dec 16, 2014
I met this woman today. Actually I have always seen her at a friend's house and my friend only told me her name and said she lived at Federal Palace Hotel for a number of years. The name didn't mean anything to me, so it ended there.

I was there to braid my hair today when she came out again and told a man who was sitting down outside the house that she was taking a stroll. After she left, the man, who by the way, happens to be her younger brother, began to tell me a more detailed version of what I had heard earlier. Curiosity made me google her name and I found a topic about her exists on Nairaland, though many years old.

True she had cancer of the scalp, she got treated but maybe the drugs or cancer has affected her brain too. She is probably suffering from Alzheimer or whatever it is called. Her brother told me that she sometimes talk off track and forgets things so easily. He showed me pictures she took with prominent personalities all over the world and how she was married to a notable politician in Nigeria.

I don't know how this will help or how much people are interested in her story. But if anyone wants to know more about this woman, leave a message here.
Re: Safinatu Mohammed and Her Telephone by casualobserver1: 3:54am On Dec 16, 2014
mortee:
I met this woman today. Actually I have always seen her at a friend's house and my friend only told me her name and said she lived at Federal Palace Hotel for a number of years. The name didn't mean anything to me, so it ended there.

I was there to braid my hair today when she came out again and told a man who was sitting down outside the house that she was taking a stroll. After she left, the man, who by the way, happens to be her younger brother, began to tell me a more detailed version of what I had heard earlier. Curiosity made me google her name and I found a topic about her exists on Nairaland, though many years old.

True she had cancer of the scalp, she got treated but maybe the drugs or cancer has affected her brain too. She is probably suffering from Alzheimer or whatever it is called. Her brother told me that she sometimes talk off track and forgets things so easily. He showed me pictures she took with prominent personalities all over the world and how she was married to a notable politician in Nigeria.

I don't know how this will help or how much people are interested in her story. But if anyone wants to know more about this woman, leave a message here.
I would appreciate it if you could tell us more about this lady.
Re: Safinatu Mohammed and Her Telephone by mortee: 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
casualobserver1:

I would appreciate it if you could tell us more about this lady.

I saw her again yesterday. She is okay. Her brother told me he has been asking her to come to the hospital with him for checkup but she is refusing. He said he is planning with one of their relatives to cajole her into a visit and from there she will be taken to see a doctor. I'll ask my friend if it is possible to get her recent photograph or if I can get Sefinatu herself to talk to me.
Re: Safinatu Mohammed and Her Telephone by casualobserver1: 3:46am On Dec 22, 2014
mortee:

I saw her again yesterday. She is okay. Her brother told me he has been asking her to come to the hospital with him for checkup but she is refusing. He said he is planning with one of their relatives to cajole her into a visit and from there she will be taken to see a doctor. I'll ask my friend if it is possible to get her recent photograph or if I can get Sefinatu herself to talk to me.

Thanks a lot for the update. I hope she is okay.
Re: Safinatu Mohammed and Her Telephone by luwadmusic(f): 11:18am On Jan 29, 2015
Pls who knows where she lives now?
Re: Safinatu Mohammed and Her Telephone by seguneda: 3:38am On Aug 17, 2016
Hello, can someone please advise on how I can get a moderator and nairalanders to raise awareness and support for this great woman. Safinatu Mohammed, was one of the most regarded social commentators and human rights activists in the early 90s. (If you remember the lady who always call on every programme on NTA) She is currently battling with life and needs support. She's suffering from Alzheimer's disease.I see that a topic was raised about her wherabout sometime ago. Shes had series of operations. The family is seeking public support at this time.[img][/img]
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

(1) (Reply)

Us Envoy Says No Soldiers To Nigeria / Buhari's Trekker Hangs Himself (photo) / Iran Vow To Destroy Nigeria Soon. Oh My God: Check Screen Shot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.