Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

#occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja (8789 Views)

Nigeria Protesters Demand Release Of Radio Biafra Director- Voice Of America / Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

#occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by mukina2: 7:45am On Jan 09, 2012
@ogundamisi ©Canary!
#Occupying AIT now. Media censorship has begun. Repression is here! (Mahmmud Aminu) Protester Brutalized by Police overnight in Abuja
https://twitter.com/ogundamisi/status/156255793249923072

Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by Ayoobscom(m): 7:51am On Jan 09, 2012
Jonathan have you ordered them to be killing us?

No retreat,,,,return price to 65
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by iykak47: 7:56am On Jan 09, 2012
Ukpara nti ike gburu bu nti chiri ya.
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by teaf: 7:59am On Jan 09, 2012
Bokoharam can remain in Govt and keep killing innocent ibos and southerners. Thanks to that confused soul called GEJ. But protesters MUST be shot.
How pathetic. Does this man needs all this? Must he remove subsidy at a time when he needs the solidarity of the country to fight terrorism. Leaving more families that have to escape the insanity of his created Bokoharam trapped in the North! (Yes, GEJ created Bokoharam. He could have destroyed this annoyance long before it became a disaster).
Jonathan is the most pathetic f00l on planet earth. This guy think terrorism should prevail, while national incentives should be cut. What a m0ron!
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by prodam(m): 8:01am On Jan 09, 2012
hmmm
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by Jeel: 8:01am On Jan 09, 2012
All this protest thing is nonsense,it will not produce any thing except injured and dead bodies
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 09, 2012
dont give up*its better to live like a lion for a day than a sheep for a thousand days*
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by ogbongzky(m): 8:03am On Jan 09, 2012
Why this for God sake? Is this the fresh air we were promised?
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 09, 2012
I hope it's not true, Well, i think the prostester must have been beaten up by the Anti-NLC/TUC strike thugs that stormed the labour house last week Thursday, & again security agencies in FCT are on High alert due to the text messages that circulated Abuja on Friday claiming that 3cars have been loaded with bombs and are waiting to be detonated. Since then, Helicopters have been hovering across Abuja.
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by overkillR(f): 8:03am On Jan 09, 2012
What were they doing out  late? Who are they protesting for? Witches and Wizards? If they were constituting  a nuisance they should be dealt with accordingly!
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by Sike(m): 8:05am On Jan 09, 2012
No retreat No Surrender
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 09, 2012
they are afraid pple have woken up so they will use everything to subdue us into our previous zombie like state.
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by Andrew3(m): 8:07am On Jan 09, 2012
[size=16pt]THIS IS LUGUBRIOUS  angry angry angry angry angry angry[/size]
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by teaf: 8:07am On Jan 09, 2012
Jeel:

All this protest thing is nonsense,it will not produce any thing except injured and dead bodies

The thinking of a woman. You girls have nothing to worry about. We men do all the protesting and the fighting, so you dont have to, which gives you the luxury to post on nairaland with your BBs while we do the fighting.
My wife thinks Im nuts to be out on the street right now, I cant wait to scream a little. At least, I am paying a price for this country.
What price has Jonathan paid? Is the 1billion Naira food hes going to eat this year? Or the billions he and his cohorts are looting and spending on daily basis? Im better than that guy and whoever supports him.
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by umechuma: 8:09am On Jan 09, 2012
teaf:

Bokoharam can remain in Govt and keep killing innocent ibos and southerners. Thanks to that confused soul called GEJ. But protesters MUST be shot.
How pathetic. Does this man needs all this? Must he remove subsidy at a time when he needs the solidarity of the country to fight terrorism. Leaving more families that have to escape the insanity of his created Bokoharam trapped in the North! (Yes, GEJ created Bokoharam. He could have destroyed this annoyance long before it became a disaster).
Jonathan is the most pathetic f00l on planet earth. This guy think terrorism should prevail, while national incentives should be cut. What a m0ron!

Most protesters are Boko Haram members and supporters
The earlier they are stopped the better
Am sure you are one of them
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by house37: 8:11am On Jan 09, 2012
Nigeria
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by stan241(m): 8:14am On Jan 09, 2012
And yet d real bad guys are stil out dere
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by drstan(m): 8:17am On Jan 09, 2012
Witches nd wizard,.if they ar nt trying to plant bomb wat ar they doing there by dat tym, una chain them like dog, anti jonathan.,.istead 4 me to burn calories while protestin i beta go to a forest and start weeding d bushes there
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by donobi(m): 8:20am On Jan 09, 2012
I'm already & on my way to Eagles square. Up date u from there.
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by iykak47: 8:21am On Jan 09, 2012
ehie:

dont give up*its better to live like a lion for a day than a sheep for a thousand days*

Any day any time, a living sheep is better than a dead lion.
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by iykak47: 8:26am On Jan 09, 2012
overkill®:

What were they doing out late? Who are they protesting for? Witches and Wizards? If they were constituting a nuisance they should be dealt with accordingly!
Gbam, I say gbam grin tongue
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by ugochi86: 8:31am On Jan 09, 2012
jona are you mad, diz police men killing pple are they been paid any extra cash,is diz move nt for their own good. jona must goooooo nt jos subsidy only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 09, 2012
overkill®:

What were they doing out  late? Who are they protesting for? Witches and Wizards? If they were constituting  a nuisance they should be dealt with accordingly!

Make u ask them.Even armed robbers will claim they were protesting.Bunch of Political protesters
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by xtremeidea(m): 8:34am On Jan 09, 2012
God help us
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by Ganiyyah(f): 8:35am On Jan 09, 2012
teaf:

The thinking of a woman. You girls have nothing to worry about. We men do all the protesting and the fighting, so you dont have to, which gives you the luxury to post on nairaland with your BBs while we do the fighting.
My wife thinks Im nuts to be out on the street right now, I cant wait to scream a little. At least, I am paying a price for this country.
What price has Jonathan paid? Is the 1billion Naira food hes going to eat this year? Or the billions he and his cohorts are looting and spending on daily basis? Im better than that guy and whoever supports him.

@teaf U may be wrong. Nt every lady is as insensitive as Jeel is- a dumbass who just wants to yak!
iykak47:

Gbam, I say gbam grin tongue

Mumu!
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by victorazy(m): 8:38am On Jan 09, 2012
Let us sing the "Earth Song by Michael Jackson" to Jonathan and know he will remember his promises and come back to his senses,

What about sunrise
What about rain
What about all the things
That you said we were to gain,
What about killing fields
Is there a time
What about all the things
That you said was yours and mine,
Did you ever stop to notice
All the blood we've shed before
The crying Earth the weeping shores?

Ffffrrrrreeeeesssshhhh. Aaaaiiiiirrrr
"Repeat chorus and start crying"

What have we done to the world
Look what we've done
What about all the peace
That you pledge your only son,
What about flowering fields
Is there a time
What about all the dreams
That you said was yours and mine,
All the children dead from war
The crying Earth the weeping shores

Ffffrrrrreeeeesssshhhh. Aaaaiiiiirrrr
"Repeat chorus and continue crying"
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by warrior01: 8:43am On Jan 09, 2012
those guys might be criminals planning an attack. kudos to the security men for pre-empting them
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by Anybaba: 8:45am On Jan 09, 2012
When Yar adua was doing his disappearance act, non of them slept out in the cold in Abuja to protest. As far as Nigerians where concerned, things were fine. When IBB annulled the freest elections, some never camped out in Eagles square. In fact they took up posts in Abacha's junta. Abiola died in jail and I saw no riots and abuse on any Nigerian leader. To appease a certain section, they ordained OBJ and barely tolerated him. Alas, today, they are sleeping with mats in the cold because the rug of corruption has been pulled off the feet of marketers of Petroleum. Even the destroyers of the country, today's heroes, are giving tips on what is wrong with fuel subsidy removal. Bigots, foolish generation, callous citizens without depth are all over the net insulting the President. Yes, that is the new fad in town. He is clueless; he is stupid; he is a slowpoke ! Of course, fuel must sale at 65 naira. We have 35 billion barrels of sweet crude in the Niger Delta, the land of the drunken fisherman we all love to insult. All of us are watching. We will all write this history together. However, I pray we all live to read it !
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by PapaBrowne(m): 8:46am On Jan 09, 2012
Anybody caught making unnecesary trouble in this period of immense security challenges should be dealt with according to the law!!
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by bodejohn(m): 8:48am On Jan 09, 2012
umechuma:

Most protesters are Boko Haram members and supporters
The earlier they are stopped the better
Am sure you are one of them

Jona, your idol thinks otherwise. He said the real BH are within his cabinet, his government, his PDP lead legislature, his highly compromised and influenced judiciary and he can do nothing about it. Watch out for the deregulation of the downstream sector of Nigeria's security.
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by iykak47: 8:48am On Jan 09, 2012
Ganiyyah:

@teaf U may be wrong. Nt every lady is as insensitive as Jeel is- a dumbass who just wants to yak!
Mumu!
grin grin tongue tongue
Re: #occupy Nigeria Protesters Were Attacked By Police Overnight In Abuja by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 09, 2012
[Chorus]
One day go be one day!
Those wey dey steal the money for government!

Ju'di, ju'di, ju'di
Ju si le
Ju'di, ju'di, ju'di
Ju si le
Ju'di, ju'di, ju'di

Odi you all, yansh don fall
Anywhere yansh go, yansh must fall
Up, left, right, round round, it must fall
And na thing wey yansh dey do na this suite:
Shit, piss, Bleep, it is, why not?
Because yansh na wonderful material perfect

Whether you like or you no like
After you hear this true talk
After you hear this true talk

[Chorus]
Ge ge!

If you like e good
If you no like you hang
If you like e good
If you no like you hang
If you hang you go die
You go die for nothing
We go carry your body go police station
You die wrongfully

Ge ge, ge ge, ge ge,

Ju'di, ju'di, ju'di
Ju si le
Ju'di, ju'di, ju'di

Odi e wrong ko to
You see, man eye get different look for woman yansh
She see small yansh, you go say,
"Yeah, look at this big yansh!"
If you can't see big yansh, you go say,
"Yeah, look at this is small yansh!"
And if you see more yansh
Wey you wan to bury your prick inside
You go say, "Hey baby, show me your particulars!"
I talk in english, I go say,
"Hey darling, show me your living license!"
Particular wey na be police particular
Wey na one Christ Particular
You see, police particular
If you get am, look at dey go
If you no get am, you go handicap, you see
But the original particular
Natural particular
If you no get am, you go dey go ni
If you get am, you must enter,

[Fela sings the Twilight Zone theme]

After you hear this true talk,

Twenty-two women dey suffer him no fit talk na condition
Man dey suffer him fit talk na condition too
Man dey suffer him no fit talk na condition
Man dey suffer him fit talk na condition too

Suffer dey Africa, pa pa ra pa
I suffer dey, pa pa ra pa
Condition dey e, pa pa ra pa
Me I no say you be African man
And we dey suffer, pa pa ra pa
Which condition you dey I don't know
The condition me I dey me I know
My condition don reach make I act

If your condition today make you shake
And you still dey not talk the way you feel
Make you open your two ears very well
To hear the truth talk me I dey talk
Listen make you dey agree for me
Every day and night you dey hear me talk
One day you self you agree with me
To dey act the way as you dey feel
Remember if you no act your own
One day of course we must die

Nigeria get the money
Foreign money for oversea
Nigeria get the money
Foreign money for oversea
Announcement start to happen
Newspaper carry them paper
Radio dey shout for studio
Obasanjo turn vocalist
Yar'Adua road manager
Every government statement
Seven billion naira missing
Missing from oversea
Foreign currency scandal
Them start to arrest everybody o

E no finish, e no finish,

Doctor, lawyer, hustlers
Engineer, photographers
Doctor, lawyer, hustlers
Engineer, photographers
All of them Kirikiri
Ten to fifteen years in jail
After one year inside jail
Civilian government take over
Them release all of dem
Them say dem be innocent o

Two-point-eight-billion naira
Oil money is missing
Two-point-eight-billion naira
Oil money is missing
Them set up inquiry
Them say money no lost o
Them dabaru everybody
Supervisor Obasanjo
Them say make him no talk o
"Money no lost," them shout again
Inquiry come close o

Election story nko
Obasanjo plan am very well
Election story nko
Obasanjo plan am very well
Him take old politicians
Wey rule Nigeria before
The same old politicians
Wey spoil Nigeria before
Obasanjo carry all of them
All of them dey there now

[Chorus]
Yeah!

The young Africans them get two ears for head
Them get two eyes too
Them dey see the thing wey dey happen
Them dey hear am too
Few people dey fat with big money
And the rest dey hungry
Me Fela, I challenge Obasanjo
Na wayo him dey all the time
Make him carry me go any court
I go open book for am
Na wayo government we dey o
E gba mi o
Na weak government we dey o
Ye paripa o
Na paddy paddy government we dey
E gba mi o

[Chorus]
Yeah!

We give money
Paddy paddy
Arrange ni
Wayo wayo
Economic
We give money
Paddy paddy
Wayo wayo

[Chorus]
Army arrangement!

Add am together, give me the answer
Give me money, add am together
Paddy paddy, add am together
Economic, add am together
Division or multiplication
Mathematician, put am together
One answer you go get
One answer you go get

Give me money, put am together
Paddy paddy, put am together
Wayo wayo, put am together
Economic, put am together
Division or multiplication
Mathematician, put am together
One answer you go get
One answer you go get

Wayo wayo, put am together,

Arrange e ma si ta si o
Yeah yeah
Arrange e ma si ta si o
Yeah yeah
Arrange e ma si ta si o
Yeah yeah
Arrange e ma si ta si o
Yeah yeah
Arrange e ma si ta si o

Wayo wayo, put am together
Economic, put am together

[Chorus]
Ju'di! Ju si le!

[Chorus]
One day go be one day!
Those wey dey steal the money for government!

[Chorus]
One day, one day!

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmania.com/army_arrangement_lyrics_fela_kuti.html
All about Fela Kuti: http://www.musictory.com/music/Fela+Kuti

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Our Presidents Have Conspicuous Aides De Camp. / COVID-19: Governor Umahi, Daughter And His 3 Aides Test Negative / Tinubu: APC Must Not Become Like Other Parties — We Should Be Democratic & Fair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.