Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,689 members, 7,809,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It (3765 Views)

Is N.d.u Not Using Jamb This Year ? / Fuoye Post Ume Result Is Out / Fuoye Post Utme Result Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by shollydee(m): 10:26pm On Oct 06, 2007
hey
unilorin result is out go and check it but is useless
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by deeteeneey(f): 12:10pm On Oct 07, 2007
What do u mean: it is useless. pls elaborate because 2 of my friends wrote d exams.
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by lakefist(m): 5:52pm On Oct 07, 2007
To be honest its(result) useless olabisi onabanjo university post jamb is better.i got 4/20 in english and 9/13 in mathematics,i thought dey are going to give more priority to maths since it is 3 questions 4 maths and just 1 english.well i leave everything to God.may God help every one of us get admission in to the university.bye lakefist
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by do4luv002: 10:28pm On Oct 07, 2007
unilorin post ume result now out and is very fantastic go check ur's, admission list will be out soon
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by amelinda23(f): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2007
hi nlanders, i just checked mine and i passed, i hope the skul will accept non indigenes.wish everybody d best. hope d rfinal results comes out soon.
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by lekosoo(m): 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2007
I just check my unilorin post jamb exams, this is my score english - 9points, maths - 7points. I did not know any lecturers but they give my what i score, so you people should not say what is not right about the school, try to do your home work well and the see the result coming.

thanks my people in naira land,

one love,
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by delvinmaya(m): 4:45pm On Oct 08, 2007
checked mine and had 14 in english but had 3 in maths, i applied for performing arts, do you guys think i have a fair chance of getting admitted?
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by dayo23(f): 6:46pm On Oct 08, 2007
i just check mine and my result is as follows,maths 10/13 and eng 12/20, i applied 4 microbiology.Hope to c u guys wen school resumes next week.
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by byommite(f): 7:10pm On Oct 08, 2007
Greatest Nigeria Students! It's is not the question of the result being out it is the question of what you wrote.solve yourself the day of the exam. Did you read the instruction well about the cutoff mark. Who you know did not matter but your score. This is the instruction for those who are spreading the wrong gospel about the institution. That was the mean reason why many failed that exam not reading instruction: They say:

Don't write your name on the Envelop many did.
Don't Staple passport Many did.
Submit your exam question, many left the hall with their question paper.
Get a bank draft many brought payment teller

When will Nigerian youth/Students ever learn to read instruction before any thing at all. Nevertheless listen to what they said about the screening result that is out.

[center]UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, NIGERIA
2007/2008 ADMISSION SCREENING EXERCISE
SCREENING SCORES
[/center]

The results of the 2007/2008 admission screening exercise of the University of Ilorin, are hereby published for the attention of candidates. It should be underscored that this is not the admission list, but results of the screening.

The University will now use the extant policy of the Federal Government (i.e. Merit, Catchment, ELDS), to select candidates from those who have met the cut - off points stated below.

A score of not less than 8 points in English AND in Mathematics not less than:
(i) 5 Points for Candidates into Common Law, Educational Management, Guidance and Counseling,
Health Education, PHE Programme.
(ii) 6 Points for Candidates into the Faculties of Agric, Science Education, Engineering, Business & Social Sciences, Science and College of Health Science Programmes

NOTE: It should be noted that few candidates have yet to be resolved problems. Their names will be published soon.

The final admission list would soon be published.
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by Harlex(m): 11:28am On Oct 09, 2007
i checked mine too and it was good.
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by imelachi(f): 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2007
why is it not useful,i score 0 in both math annd english,they must be stupid,thay only deal with tribalism, they have eaten one's money for nothing
we shpuld not have sit for the screening if that was what was in thier mind
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by ruffneck(m): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2007
@ IMELACHI
WHAT HAPPENED ?WHY DID YOU BAG ZERO IN BOTH ENGGLISH AND MATHS/ AND I HEAARD THAE EXAM WAS CHEAP
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by jideaffo(m): 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2007
For those who meet the requirement, it is not yet confirmed that u are chosen, so be prayerful, though u are a step ahead. We all know that the number of student that did the exam was very much and that means many student will pass the exam. By the way, does anyone know when they will put up the final list, it is taken too long. They should paste it on time.

All is well.
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 09, 2007
yep its only useless if you didnt make the cut off.hw was ur result
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by PoDeep(m): 6:08pm On Oct 09, 2007
I've just been there myself (to the website). They gave me zero in both Maths & English too! Its quite impossible, i mean I still remember the questions and can answer them right now & ten times over if necessary!
To say the truth, I'm confused right now.
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by tunene: 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2007
my brothers that university of unilorin gave a useless result is not true, that is a representative of you. Instead of you to go and improve yourself, you keep blaming people for your problems. you can imagine somebody scoring 0. na wa o. embarassed
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by jideaffo(m): 7:43am On Oct 10, 2007
I think what matters is the instructions. It is quite impossible to score zero, but when u dont follow instructions, anything can happen.
May Almighty Allah help us to accomplish our dream.
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by fataiiyo(m): 10:35am On Oct 10, 2007
any hope for Ilorin tribal??
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by dapsycool(m): 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2007
I'm so surprised that after so much hype about unilorin and most peeps said the exam was cheap, so many people still failed, the highest i've seen/heard so far is 15/20 & 7/13 =22/33 too bad
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by lekosoo(m): 5:56pm On Oct 13, 2007
Hello nairalanders,
i want to know the meaning of these three words, which unilorin intended to use as a yardstick fot their admission list: Merit, Catchement and ELDS. Actually I met up the cut-off and also a indigen of kwara state.
Please do anybody know when the list is going to be announce/publised?
thanks

One Love. cool
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by afrowelsh: 12:36pm On Oct 15, 2007
for those who passed the unilorin test, well done. for those who bagged zero in the 2 subjects, go back home and improve on yourself.unilorin is meant for intelligent and brilliant big boys regardless of your backgroung.unilorin does not accept pple. that will disgrace them in labour mkt.That you score zero means you will prophetically bag just a certificate of attendance if you graduate from the school and unilorin hate to disgrace you in the end.it is better to nib it in the bud b4 it blossoms. learn.
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by bayedero(m): 2:57pm On Oct 16, 2007
on behelf of all Unilorin academic staff, i write this to all candidates that sat for the 2007/2008 Screening exercise:

UNILORIN FAIL MUST CANDIDATES SO AS TO REDUCE NUMBER OF STUDENTS THAT WILL MAKE THE FINAL LIST. I AM VERY SURE THAT 100% OF THOSE THAT PASSED THE POST-JAMB AND MEET OTHER REQUIREMENTS  WILL HAVE THEIR NAMES ON THE ADMISSION LIST.
ALSO, 100% OF THOSE THAT DON'T PASSED THE POST-JAMB WILL NOT FIND THIER NAMES ON THE LIST. PLEASE ACCEPT THIS FOR IT IS THE FACT.YOUR FAILURE IS NOT  REALLY YOUR PERSONAL ERROR . MUST ERROR THAT LEAD TO THE MASS FAILURE IS DUE TO  TOO MUCH CANDIDATES.

YOU SEE,SOME PEOPLE MUST FAIL SO AS OTHERS WILL PASS. BUT IN THIS CASE,TOO MANY WILL FALL FOR VERY FEW TO STAND.PLEASE DON'T INSULT UNILORIN FOR THIS MESS.THERE IS LITTLE ROOM FOR TOO MANY.WE ARE ALL HUMAN.WE HAVE NO CHOICE THAN TO FAIL MOST OF YOU.more than 80,000 for you guys sitted for the exam but will can only admitted loss than 6000 candidates.ONLY 7.5% ,you see.

This not fair because some of you  passed the exam those not gave you the right to call those that failed it BAD NAMES please stop it for God sake.you all have similar dream.It is not their mistake but that of our government.

Also, stop posting you results, it will always have a negative effect on others.
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 17, 2007
@bayedero
you a student not a member of staff "understand"  embarassed   shocked

you post can show that

Domo i don check my JAMB 2006/2007 RESULT  and i score 242, my  1st and 2nd choice na ilorin and oau, anybody way day for my category should call my number because i get information  about Ilorin admission this year . :othis information day very important for any ilorin jambite this year , 08068053354.Identify yourself as IlorinJambites, i go understand, 
  shocked
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by tjaycent1(m): 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2007
i dont really undestand,how the papers where marked,cos i score 9 in eng,and 1 in mathematics,the person sitting next to me score 10 in eng,and 4 in maths,and we both did the same thing.
i pray my name sholud be on the admission list.
or did anyone know when the list will be out.
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by Harlex(m): 1:47am On Oct 24, 2007
anyone with an update on when unilorin merit list is going to be published.
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by eramate(m): 10:09am On Oct 24, 2007
any body with the ideal of resumption date
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by delvinmaya(m): 10:12pm On Oct 24, 2007
it was supposed to be the 22nd of this month but has been shifted to the 12th of november, this is from a student of the school, but not me.
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by engrcisco: 1:42am On Nov 03, 2007
Unilorin Admission list for 2007/2008 is out, if you have any difficulties in checking kindly text your Surname and Last Name (full name) or Jamb Registration No to 08035069350 and i will be of help asap! Your present location pls add it!
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by medon102(m): 9:33pm On Nov 15, 2007
let me make it known that i scored 17/20 in english and 8/13 and had 265 in my jamb but did not make d merit list. from experience it is who you know and not what you scored pple who failed the post jamb and knew how to do the runs made it in to list.
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by dapsycool(m): 6:22pm On Nov 16, 2007
Medon don't be surprised if your name doesn't come out, ofcourse i know peeps who scored well below yours and their names are there.
My advise for other prospective jamb takers, if u aint from Kwara or Kogi, stay away from this school. The alternative is to add Abdul to your name lipsrsealed for instance Abdul-Emeka lol and claim Kwara, then u are in.
From the statistics on their website, of about 4800 they admitted in 2006, over 2000 were kwara indigene and 1000plus kogi indigene, so the remaining 1000 would be shared by all other states in Nigeria, what a university undecided. Don't be deceived by their stable calender. University of Ilorin admission is all about tribe, they just wanna give the dull people of kwara and kogi a chance to go to school.This na my 50kobo for all prospective students
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by mafolayomi(f): 9:21am On Nov 19, 2007
Dapsy, that is not true. u are not fare with your judgement. It is a common practice in all universities in Nigeria to a large percentage of their admission to indegenes. Thousands of students did the post jamb and it is not possible for the schl to give admission to even 30 percent of them. so, they have to admit few students, it is not their fault.
Re: Unilorin Result Is Out But Not Using It by seundontbanme: 10:49am On Nov 19, 2007
Mafolayomi dapsy is right and be sincere to prospective students. According to the school website itself, over 50 percent of admitted student for 2006 were from kwara. Uni ilorin is a federal school like Uni Lag. Lag does not and can never admit over 50 indigenes neither do UI or Oau do same.
Lets assume they want to educate their enormous illiterate indigenes, they should create a state university. Why on earth would someone with 24/33 in post ume be left out of the list while an indigene with 18/33 made the list.
Do you know they where even ranting that they want an indigene as the VC. Thank God their devilish wish wasn't granted.
I insist, this is an experience from someone very close to me.
Next jamb writers if you can't claim Ilorin which some many people do, don't choose this Kwara/Kogi University if you don't want to waste your precious time at home

(1) (2) (Reply)

MEN ONLY Pls: 18 Facts You Didn ’t Know About The P * Nis (18 +). / See What A Female Graduate Posted On Facebook / WUFPBK 2018/2019 Admission List Is Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.