Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,513 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

What Does Heaven Look Like? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Heaven Look Like? (1649 Views)

Does Heaven Exist? / Does Heaven Really Exist ? / How Does Heaven Look Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Heaven Look Like? by MP007(m): 4:04am On Oct 07, 2007
How well can u picture heaven in ur mind?
Re: What Does Heaven Look Like? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2007
A holy man was having a conversation with the Lord one
day and said, "Lord, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like."

The Lord led the holy man to two doors.  He opened one of the doors 
  and the holy man looked in.  In the middle of the room was a large round 
  table.  In the middle of the table was a large pot of stew which
smelled delicious and made the holy man's mouth water.

The people sitting around the table were thin and sickly.  They appeared
to be famished.  They were holding spoons with very long handles that were strapped to their arms and each found it possible to reach into the pot of
stew and take a spoonful, but because the handle was longer than their arms,
they could not get the spoons back into their mouths.

The holy man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering.  The Lord said, "You have seen Hell."

They went to the next room and opened the door.  It was exactly the same as the first one.  There was the large round table with the large pot of stew which made the holy man's mouth water.  The people were equipped with the same
long-handled spoons, but here the people were well nourished and plump, laughing  and talking.

The holy man said, "I don't understand."

It is simple" said the Lord, "it requires but one skill. You see, they have learned to feed each other, while the greedy think only of themselves."

Does that paint a picture of what heaven and hell are like?

When Jesus died on the cross he was thinking of you!
Re: What Does Heaven Look Like? by eezzy(f): 12:42pm On Oct 17, 2007
@ Ola
How interesting. mmmh funny concept of heaven eh!

I dont know, I like to think of Heaven from the concept of
Psalm 27:4 you know, dwelling in the house of the Lord
to hehold the beauty of the Lord forever! That's Heaven smiley
Re: What Does Heaven Look Like? by ssRhino: 2:45pm On Oct 17, 2007
heaven looks like all u ever imagine but couldnt have, city with streets of gold, i am only worried about all dem nigros using all the gold to lace their teeth, but heaven will be sweet, imagine a world of no sikcness, to stealing, no hatred, no fighting, bickering, no poverty, no needs, just happiness and worshipping all day and all night.
Re: What Does Heaven Look Like? by drrionelli(m): 9:45pm On Oct 21, 2007
@$$Rhino:
I agree with you that no sickness, stealing, hatred, fighting, bickering, poverty, nor unmet needs would be "heaven." But as far as the streets of gold, well--I would rather like to think that the streets will be something far more wonderful, perhaps something that we've never seen before. Gold, for all the putative worth we put on it here, is really nothing more than a fairly basic metal.
Re: What Does Heaven Look Like? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2007
Visit this weblink to find out what heaven looks like.

http://www.tbn.org/index.php/2/4/p/367.html
Re: What Does Heaven Look Like? by marriagema(m): 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2011
I can picture it much better after reading The True Heaven written by Joe Beam.
Re: What Does Heaven Look Like? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:09am On Feb 04, 2011
I can picture clouds with God in a white three piece suit and white beard.
MP007:

How well can u picture heaven in your mind?
Re: What Does Heaven Look Like? by Jen33(m): 3:26am On Feb 05, 2011
$$Rhino said:

heaven looks like all u ever imagine but couldnt have, city with streets of gold, i am only worried about all dem nigros using all the gold to lace their teeth, but heaven will be sweet, imagine a world of no sikcness, to stealing, no hatred, no fighting, bickering, no poverty, no needs, just happiness and worshipping all day and all night.

You are not obliged to ''worship'' anyone in heaven. There's real freedom there, and you'll quickly find that many ideas you learnt as a human about ''God'' are quite false.
Re: What Does Heaven Look Like? by benodic: 4:19pm On Feb 05, 2011
@ poster

if you can not make where you are right now heavenly and comfortable for others then i am sorry, you will never make heaven.

making heaven starts right here and now. it is not about what you belief or who you believe in. it is about what you are doing with your beliefs i.e the actions your beliefs is making you carry out.

so you see it is all a matter of your consciousness. is your consciousness filled with love for all life or is it filled with hatred and discrimination against those that are different from you? the make up of your consciousness then determines your experiences and where you will end up.

contemplate on this.
Re: What Does Heaven Look Like? by e36991: 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2011
MP007:

What Does Heaven Look Like?

How well can u picture heaven in your mind?

tongue  cool  grin  wink

Detect any paradoxes?

. . . so believe this, then you're sucker for anything

No offenise as the infamous Mr Cork would say

(1) (Reply)

How Did Judas Iscariot Die? / I Have Seen Hell And The Devil, Heaven Is Made With Gold. This Is My Story / Wiegraf Here Are Your Answers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.