Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,851 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Is Nigerian Government Broke? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigerian Government Broke? (904 Views)

Is Niger State Government Broke? PICS! / Nigerian Government Broke; Targets Pension Savings / Nigerian Government Broke; Targets Pension Savings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigerian Government Broke? by dablow(m): 5:11am On Jan 10, 2012
Watching from a distance I can see several things going on in my country. We are divided yet united,scared yet bold. Poor but rich, we are home yet abroad far away. So many things has been said about subsidy removal or not. Let me point out here that most of the best countries in the world today doesn't have crude oil the Nigerian messiah.
  I will not divert this into a cultural,religious or ethnic issue. Let's assume EVERYTHING IS WORKING WELL in Nigeria today like most countries and the government decides to remove subsidy, people will still complain but most people will keep moving on. The point is this, the minimum wage here in the US is $7.38= N1,107(per hour) cant say for some other states. How many Nigerian can boast of such income opportunity not even some graduates.
  In developed countries, the government make decision  with the people in mind that is the rich,middle class and the poor. GEJ said on the long run it would benefit Nigeria, NOI also said the same thing. How many people born before Nigeria got her independence have seen drastic change that involved promises,coup and death all because of desperation of certain individuals. As a country what makes the economy stable is nothing but the process on which the government is run. Subsidy is not the problem, Nigerian govt is BROKE!!! GEJ knows the government can not function anymore and the best way is to remove subsidy, how can you save money you don't have because they have been borrowing all this time. How can your salary,bonuses and allowance be 75% of the budget that has not been implemented yet.
  Nairalanders crucifying protesters please be informed  they are borrowing money to pay their salaries not to improve infrastructure like madam Ngozi said cos her family leaves in DC not in Yaba or Niger Delta.
    Think about it, why does it have to be now that you want to bring in buses(1,600 to 150 Million) wont they buy petrol to run them,cut 25% of an invisible salary. There's no structure whatsoever and GEJ knows is time is running out and money but be in his pocket. Nigerian government is broke and if subsidy is allowed to be removed,most of the money borrowed will go into the governments pocket. If I was broke too I would desperately advocate for options to get myself back but now they want you and I to work harder and even earn lesser to pay off debt,  HABA!!!!
E don tey wey this things don dey go on!!! If government is sincere why are their children never in schools in Nigeria, when they are sick they are flown abroad cos they know our Nigerian hospital are nothing to write home about (someone said they should be buried abroad too), why do they buy houses abroad,put money in foreign banks,hardly do things in Nigeria and when they do they do pay collateral(Dangote, not mentioning names ooo)

Just too many things to understand about Nigeria. If subsidy removal is accepted( I pray not) our families,in-laws,friends and relative still in Nigeria will pay for it. If you live abroad and support this government policy why not be bold enough to go home now and say no to protest??
I will stop here now but still more to follow
We are still occupying Nigeria
We wont relent until our children can go to harvard in Nigeria,Yale in Nigeria,good hospitals in Nigeria,good roads!!! Subsidy wont do this for us but rather take us FAR away from good things,  Leave my sleeping dog alone at N65:00 until God is ready to answer our prayers!!!
The protest continues #OccupyNigeria

@yourmesprings
Re: Is Nigerian Government Broke? by Lasinoh: 5:40am On Jan 10, 2012
Nigeria has always been A BROKE ARZZZE country. Even your billionaires and millionaires are broke.
Reason. . .?
Too much borrowing to live ABOVE YOUR MEANS. kiss

Thank God for oil subsidy removal. Poverty go level every body! cheesy

Thank God. . . I nor rich. . . I nor owe anybarry for my life. TOTALLY DEBT FREE!!!

Thank you lord!!!! cool
Re: Is Nigerian Government Broke? by dablow(m): 5:54am On Jan 10, 2012
Just imagine what would be left of that country after 5 years, cry
Re: Is Nigerian Government Broke? by Lasinoh: 6:12am On Jan 10, 2012
Poverty and more poverty.
The rich will get even more greedy. . . the poor more oppressed.
The gap will be wider. . . more assassinations for sure. kiss
Re: Is Nigerian Government Broke? by tpia5: 11:55am On Jan 10, 2012
Its quite possible nigeria is indeed broke.
Re: Is Nigerian Government Broke? by otokx(m): 11:57am On Jan 10, 2012
Big lie

(1) (Reply)

Us Govt Never Said Nigeria ‘ll Break Up By 2015 – Envoy / I. G. Of Police : Our Respect Is Gone, We Are Killer Squads, Bans Road Blocks. / Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Jonathan In 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.