Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy (16206 Views)

Dbanj Finally Clear The Air Abpout Debt Allegations / Dbanj Finally Engaged To Adama Indimi?! Check Out Her Engagement Ring! / D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by dustydee: 7:55am On Jan 11, 2012
He didn't say whether he is in support or against it.
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by victorazy(m): 7:58am On Jan 11, 2012
Dbaj finally speaks as minister or what?
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by actionyout(m): 8:04am On Jan 11, 2012
foolish boy when he was collecting PFI for dpk 5k metric tons from abuja to sing for badluck then turn around and buy bentleys how will he talk. someone that isnt in the oil industry that diezani and tony momoh,ppmc MD were approving paperwork for kerosene, which he then turns around and sells to marketers and tank farm owners for 55 to 75million each.let him talk na he is part of the cabal we are looking for, just that since he doesnt have a company he gets thruput agreement with people like capital oil. which means uses their company letterhead to collect the approval, its a standard practice in the oil industry.
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by prodam(m): 8:05am On Jan 11, 2012
dustydee:

He didn't say whether he is in support or against it.

that signals something to you and I
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by SpinoJ1: 8:06am On Jan 11, 2012
Who is dis man call D banj i ave not heard abt d name? Somebody pls tell me more cos i only know uncle JO.
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by overkillR(f): 8:06am On Jan 11, 2012
Yea, would love that! And what if my prediction stands?
honeric01:

do you want to bet on this? 10 slaps? this we must do in person? undecided
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by actionyout(m): 8:10am On Jan 11, 2012
tell him to swear on his unborn children he hasnt been collecting PFI from DIEZANI . ASK him to who leaves @ 10 fredrick chilupa close asokoro. when the fire starts burning this administration he will be consumed with them, u see dare art alade is quiet as well. SPEAK OUT FOR THE PPL U SUPPORT DONT BE EATING WITH THEM ON THE TABLE AND DENYING THEM IN PUBLIC, JUDAS
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by ortopazz(m): 8:10am On Jan 11, 2012
So Dbanj finally speaks! Who don die? He sang 4 GEJ im win grammy? What of Onyeka who evn said that DESTINY IS BECKONING ON GEJ' y avnt u guys lynchd her yet!

I voted 4 GEJ and as far as 9ja of today is concerned, dbanj dint do a thing 4 GEJ, becos minds had been made that GEJ was the man.

S.A On youths indeed Johnathan would nt av made such a mistake!

Me n  GEJ r 1 on thz matter! And 4 christ sake the message is already confusing y the headline? He hasnt in clear terms spoken whether or not he is in support!

Am liking him already, he might contest o! He has that politician Swag blood!
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by olaezebala: 8:16am On Jan 11, 2012
what else can one expect from GEJ bulldog?
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by Johnpaul2k2(m): 8:16am On Jan 11, 2012
Edris don yab am finish grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by oluwagbami(m): 8:38am On Jan 11, 2012
@Sisi kill, you got the point there. as it has been explained there are advantages in the fuel subsidy removal though in the long term. and it's because of the lack of trust in the FG that made the general populace go haywire after removing the subsidy regime. i am of the opinion that if the fuel subsidy removal is going to be effected then some important infrastructures MUST be put in place. (1) adequate number of refineries that will cater for local production thereby stopping all export/ import of refined petroleum products. (2) make the political offices less attractive by reducing their remunerations and benefits. (3) fight corruption headlong by involving the general populace in the anti-corruption war. (4) make transparency the order of the day in both the civil and private establishments. but first, let there be prompt reversal to the old price of N65/litre of petrol. the we can move to the round table.
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by Meldrick(m): 8:42am On Jan 11, 2012
Free Dbanj please. You don't expect everbody to see things from one point of view. He has his rights as å Nigerian just as you all have Your'§. He committed no sin by singing for GEJ. Iam sure most of you critisizing must have done †ђё same except you're all been hypocritical. It Ȋ̝̊̅§ πσ† compulsory he comes out at Ojota and make å statement that will please you and gladen your hearts.
Una D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ craze. Leave †ђё guy alone jare. Hypocrites all attacking †ђё guy.
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by freecocoa(f): 8:56am On Jan 11, 2012
I really don't understand why people are mad at Dbanj,since when is it a crime to sing? He's done nothing wrong abeg and his issue should be the last on any nigerians mind this hard times,we have better things to worry about.
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by ojeffo: 9:00am On Jan 11, 2012
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS NOW ?
Let  us remind ourselves the  reason for this showdown. It is not about subsidy, I keep repeating this fact. It is about the following indices that make our government big, wasteful  and ineffective:

Big and overblown   governments at all levels
70 Ministers
Over twenty Special advisers (on what?)
Every minister is entitled to 4 Special Assistants
Senate President earns 88 Million Naira monthly
His Deputy Earns 55 Million Naira monthly
Senators take home 14 Million naira monthly
It takes 150 Billion naira to maintain the NASS annually (Rememeber what Sanusi said about  25% of our GDP is used to feed people who only sit Tuesday - Thursday)
Our Governors  exhibit such level of opulence  shunned by the richest nations in the world
Our 2012 budget has a deficit component to it. We are supposed to borrow about 1.6 TRILLION NAIRA.
NASS will be paid from that!
Aso Rock will use  1 Billion of it to eat!
Aso Rock will use another 1 Billion to fuel generators.
The Vice President will use 58 Million Naira to buy newspapers
The office of  Patience Jonathan will use 500 Million to speak bad english to you.
We will spend close to 500 million on International Travels
In 2012, some state governors will collect 100million as security votes MONTHLY
They will continue to enjoy immunity clause!
Your hospitals will have no drugs
Your schools will still have no quality to train a world class scholar
 Your roads will still be death traps
You will still be a local government unto yourself, providing water, security, power and  social security!
You will still pay more for petroleum products.
You will pay toll in 2012 on federal interstate roads.
If you will like this to continue in 2012, then stay at home and enjoy power as provided by PHCN! #OKUPAINAIJA#
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by Abiolanzy(m): 9:06am On Jan 11, 2012
the guy s a scape goat ;d
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by omo9ja1(m): 9:20am On Jan 11, 2012
am Skibang

ooooooooooooooooooooshe

yeeeepaaaa

won fe pawa
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by rman: 9:24am On Jan 11, 2012
@ Sisi Kill,
Thank you so much for your brilliant post. The future looks terrible if the youths make important decisions based on what a celebrity endorses.
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by Striker1(m): 10:08am On Jan 11, 2012
Whoever posted this is a f4CKIN R3ETARD !!! !!!

Some gull u have, u must have fallen and bumped your raggidy as5 brain !,

Since when did D'banj's opinion count for sh11t !! He is a freagin entertainer not a politician !!

These are matters of a political nature and ur here saying " dbanj FINALLY speaks on fuel subsidy, !! Na that "finally" part dey pain me pass, as if to say we don dey wait am since make e come provide miracle opinion.

I'm soooooooooooooooo pissed right about now. Whoever posted this deserves to be shoved off a cliff.

And if u voted for Jonathan based on waht D'banj had to say during the campaign, den YOU are what is wrong with Nigeria today. Msheew.

P.S: Just so u knw, i'd give my right arm to be at any of his concerts, biggest fan right here. No sentiments in this biness.
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by LEXYLOV: 11:29am On Jan 11, 2012
Who's D Bang Please ? and what is his office ? undecided
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by 989900: 11:57am On Jan 11, 2012
I love you DBanj, but obviously you'r a stupid boy or, mouth don chop so to talk tru hard. Anyways, those who casted their votes 'cause of you are even the more stupid.
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by humblebee: 12:00pm On Jan 11, 2012
r u guys fro real? u all expect oliver twist to talk against Jonathan
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by velo10: 12:51pm On Jan 11, 2012
Who gives a shyyt if he supports it or not? Well I dont sad
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by tinaalouka: 1:10pm On Jan 11, 2012
This movement is not about Dbanj! His opinion cannot be above that of majority of Nigerians! Whatever he thinks is irrelevant! Don't understand the fuss about him! #occupynigeria is about the following
1. THERE MUST BE IN PLACE A LAW THAT MAKES STEALING PUBLIC FUNDS AN OFFENCE PUNISHABLE BY PUBLIC EXECUTION.

2. THE IMMUNITY CLAUSE MUST GO BOTH AT THE FEDERAL AND STATE LEVELS.

3. THE PRESIDENT MUST SELL OFF ALL THE AIRCRAFTS IN THE PRESIDENTIAL FLEET (the Prime Minister of Britain, a much bigger economy does not have one and travels with British Airways).

4. THE PRESIDENT'S SALARY AND ALLOWANCES MUST NOT EXCEED $200,000 (our President has no reason whatsoever, to earn more than the American President, for what?)

5. THE PRESIDENTIAL VILLA MUST BE SOLD OUT AND BE REPLACED WITH NO MORE THAN A 6BEDROOM HOUSE (the British Prime Minister lives in a 3-bedroom apartment).

6. FEEDING IN THE PRESIDENTIAL AND VP LODGE SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN 1MILLION NAIRA PER MONTH. (Presently it is 90 million Naira per month for both).

7. NO LEGISLATOR SHALL EARN MORE THAN A PERMANENT SECRETARY.

8. NO GOVT OFFICIAL SHALL HAVE MORE THAN ONE OFFICIAL CAR.

9. NO GOVT OFFICIAL OR APPOINTEE WOULD BE ENTITLED TO FOREIGN MEDICAL TREATMENT (whatever is provided for the citizens should be good enough for our officials).

10. THERE SHALL BE NO OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY AT THE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL GOVT LEVELS.
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by IykeD(m): 1:16pm On Jan 11, 2012
I think Nairaland is losing it (or has lost it already), this is not the same Nairaland i was a guest to in 2006 for more than 8 months and finally registered on one special day in 2007. Who da hell is D'Banj and what relevance has his speech got in this matter, most importantly, why should this thrash make the front page? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Nairaland, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 11, 2012
Who gives a shit about what wide-mouthed idiot has to say?
I still wonder why ppl buy his CDs gan because he's of no substance to me, I would listen to Wande anyday over this over-rated kini.
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by Caseless: 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2012
frm d'bang's song; ' do this'. 'now listen, i do this 4 my pple and that's why they all luv me. I do this 4 they luv like i luk 4 beat. I do this 4 the street and that's Why they all hail me. I do this 4 d kids and that's why they wanna b me. I do this 4 d bank and that's why they wanna pay me. I do this 4 d radios and that's why they wanna play me. I look good when i do this and that's why u wanna see me. I do this 4 d haters, they always make me laugh(hahaha). I do this 4 d ladies and that's why they wanna huuhnnn. I do this 4 d tall and that's they wanna haaa. I do 4 my nation 2 put it on d map. I do this 4 ma city like my man(fashola).chorus:oya why u go de watch my life? I gat no problem at all 4 my life. See, this world na d strong de survive,me i de hustle, evrtin is alright' i myt take u yaayaya. Despite dz liners, u'r stil insensitive 2 nigerians.
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by swiftycool(m): 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2012
Two posts here have made my day! As Ojeoffo said its not just about subsidy removal! We aint ready to finance a bloated, greedy, selfish govt. any more and we know this is exactly what the fuel subsidy savings will be used for especially with a weak blockhead like Gej on seat. if the things outlined by Tinaalouka can be implemented alongside people focused projects of which electricity is paramount ill be all for the removal a 100%

As per Dbanj's comment which is d basis 4 dis thread, d dude has never really sounded intelligent nor sincere concerning socio-political issues. His focus is to maintain his fan base and keep his money rolling, in his mind he says 4uk y'all, so am saying out loud 2 him 4uck what he has 2 say! It doesn't matter! tongue
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by nairaman66(m): 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2012
f0ol do you have to wait this long? Thanks to Eedris!
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 12, 2012
undecided
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 12, 2012
Lmao.
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by Caseless: 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2012
Those of u blasting anti-d'banj over his silence in respect of subsidy removal should know why he's been attacked. His director(sesan) posted on his tweeter page that,they about shooting da video of oliver twist. And nigeria chided him 4 insensitiveness, nobody is accusing him 4 keeping mute indifference over the matter despite his campaign 4 the barefooted swamp-dweller(GEJ) during the general election. Who care if he speaks or not, ? And why wont he shoot a video 4 'oliver twist'? When we know the intent and content of the songs speaks about a character whose attitude is that of a typical nigerian leader;keep asking for more and more that will bring more selfish gains,even if it means removing subsidy. Oliver twist in content,intent and character is synonymous 2 Gej. 4get d'banj, he's a scapegoat!
Re: Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy by Caseless: 12:28pm On Jan 12, 2012
Those of u blasting anti-d'banj over his silence in respect of subsidy removal should know why he's been attacked. His director(sesan) posted on his tweeter page that,they about shooting da video of oliver twist. And nigeria chided him 4 insensitiveness, nobody is accusing him 4 keeping mute indifference over the matter despite his campaign 4 the barefooted swamp-dweller(GEJ) during the general election. Who care if he speaks or not, ? And why wont he shoot a video 4 'oliver twist'? When we know the intent and content of the songs speaks about a character whose attitude is that of a typical nigerian leader;keep asking for more and more that will bring more selfish gains,even if it means removing subsidy. Oliver twist in content,intent and character is synonymous 2 Gej. 4get d'banj, he's a scapegoat!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Tonto Dikeh In Pain As She Gets New Tattoo / Ngozi Nwosu To Be Flown To India For Kidney Transplant / PHOTOS: World's Top 10 Richest Black People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.