Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,072 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! (952 Views)

Oba Sijuwade’s Place In History Is Assured, Says Buhari / History Is About To Be Make In Nigerian Politics / Gbagauns: President Jonathan’s Grammatical Blunders During His Campaign Speeches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! by mdfash(m): 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2012
I commend President Goodluck Jonathan for standing firm against all the protests regarding removal of fuel subsidy. The bulk of the fuel subsidy money ends in private pockets, and there is no way to control it. A policy which tends to bankrupt the nation and leaves little money for development in a country without pipe borne water for the population and where infectious diseases hold sway, should be scrapped.

President Jonathan should stand firm and do what is best for Nigeria. Those who oppose removal of fuel subsidy, though in the majority, are on the wrong side of history. History will vindicate Goodluck Jonathan.

Emmanuel Fashakin MD, Esq.
Re: Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2012
Thaks a million. We are praying that the man should stand firm.

No more free oil.
Re: Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! by JIL(m): 1:56pm On Jan 10, 2012
^^^ Paid agents. Most Nigerians are like these sell-outs. Little wonder the country is not moving forward.
Re: Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! by efisher(m): 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2012
GEJ is about to make history. Nigeria has finally reached the turning point where decades of rot will be undone and a new course charted. Anti subsidy removal protests were ridden with so much insincerity

1. A lot of those who led the protests were people who have lost out one way or the other in the power struggle and are seeking ways in which to take advantage of the situation. If they were in power, would they still lead the protest? Why have ACN governors not come out to publicly stand against the policy? I'll just list some names and you know the history:
Dino Melaye.
Patrick Obahiagbon.
Tunde Bakare.
El Rufai.

2. The protesters themselves included hoodlums who were more interested in arson and robbery than making any point to FG. In Benin, protesters preferred to burn down a mosque. In Kano, it was burning of vans and attempted burning of Sanusi's house. God bless Sanusi, God bless Iweala. Ride on GEJ!
Re: Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! by blacksta(m): 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2012
Yes oo history is on his side.

1st President in the Nigerian history to govern a bankrupt nation - I want to see where he will get 1 billion to eat cassava bread next year .

Oloshi grin
Re: Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! by studyineu: 2:04pm On Jan 10, 2012
Thank you sir, you know what's right for this nation. GEJ THE GOD OF CHOOSEN IS YOUR STRENGTH. History and time will tell
Re: Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2012
JIL:

^^^ Paid agents. Most Nigerians are like these sell-outs. Little wonder the country is not moving forward.

Did you really say "Paid agents"?

You are such a narrow minded fellow that I am wondering if it will do any good to educate you. But I am sure you can understand this:

NO MORE FREE OIL. If Nigerians don't want it so, then let the country split.

History will surely vindicate Mr. President and the same history will judge the likes of you.
Re: Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! by aljharem(m): 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2012
It seems after all the talk, shouting, teaching, lecture, protest, educating, directing, etc people are doing, some people still don't know why people are angry

1. Yes the system/ government is corrupt. In fact the country is teeming in corruption

2. Yes subsidy has to go and everyone supports the FG for that

3. Before the removal of subsidy, build our refinery so we would not have this same issue in the future. If we have our refineries working, we would not be paying subsidy to anyone and we can control the prices of our crude oil as a Nation.

4. Before removal of subsidy , CUT THE COST OF GOVERANCE not just by 25% because the bulk of the money made in government is not through salaries but be over PRICED projects. An average senator in Nigeria collects more than Obama the american president.

5. Now remove subsidy.

Other things people are protesting for because it was a build up of anger since 1970 and this was the opportunity for a revolution are

1. protest against corruption and the arrest of these people

2. protest against boko haram and killing of Christians/igbos

3. protest against the NEGLIGENT of the Niger-delta

4. Building of the Niger Bridge. Must the bridge collapse before we maintain and build the next ? Since we can save lives, why not do it now.

Now what is the point of thinking ahead when there is still corruption and non-accountability in the government ?

What is the point of thinking ahead when the next administration would tell us about removal of subsidy again ?

IS THINKING AHEAD NOT BUILDING OF REFINERIES ?

Is thinking ahead not protesting against corruption ?

In Nigeria today, we have No light, No security, No shelter, No good roads, No good water, No refinery even though we are oil producing, Total neglect of infrastructure, Total neglect of the Niger-delta, Total neglect of the Niger bridge, Total neglect of people dying in the North, Lack of accountability, Lack of credibility, Lack of industrial growth apart from Oil which the entire country is dependant on, Lack of economic growth apart from the telecommunication sector by OBJ.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also what to use this medium to address people thinking it is an ethnic thing.

I have heard various people saying the protest is against "GEJ" "minority" and other sentimental words to describe the protest.

I would like to educate the people about the politics behind what is happening according to my understanding and I would really appreciate if I can also learn more from other posters home and abroad.

In 2010, Sanusi made speech to the House of reps (HOR) that they were thieves and they are the ones sucking Nigeria dry due to the huge sum of money paid to them monthly. The HOR shut him down and called him all sort of names.

In 2011, Sanusi during the channels debate said 1.6 trillion naira is paid to this people out of 1.8 trillion naira thus 200 billion Naira is left for development of the country.

This people are the senator, governors, HOR, HOA, chairmen and the business men that were labelled as oil benefit thieves.

Now people Imagine 200 billion left for 150 million people in 36 states out of total of 1.8 trillion Naira. Yes I am sure people would agree with me that subsidy has to go !!!!

All am doing here is to make people political aware of the situation right now and lets not forget the Iweala and the IMF factor.

Now people are NOT and I repeat NOT angry at the removal of the subsidy I mean at such rate the paying of subsidy is not sustainable. It has to go at one point or the other, either through GEJ or the next administration. Yes I respect GEJ and Sanusi for thinking ahead of time. That is very commendable but the Issues that cause the subsidy corruption are not yet addressed.

In the future the issue would come up again so what is the point ?.
Re: Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! by studyineu: 2:22pm On Jan 10, 2012
@aji harem, am suspecting dat u re been paid by one of these oil cabals in de north. Why always copying and posting the same thing in every subsidy issue thread huh?
Re: Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! by nateevs(m): 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2012
Perhaps the OP wants to explain what they mean by "History in on your side"
Re: Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! by aljharem(m): 2:24pm On Jan 10, 2012
Re: Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! by aljharem(m): 2:27pm On Jan 10, 2012
studyineu:

@aji harem, am suspecting dat u re been paid by one of these oil cabals in de north. Why always copying and posting the same thing in every subsidy issue thread huh?

i am not paid at all unlike beaf and so others that have numerous IDs for propaganda.

I am an ordinary citizen just like every one else that HAS COMMON I REPEAT COMMON SENSE.

[size=14pt]You can do us a favour by explaining the illogical reason why subsidy is removed without our refinery built yet.[/size]

Who it not be better for a nation to control ITS own prices of fuel ?
Re: Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! by cashmentor(m): 2:27pm On Jan 10, 2012
Yes Gej hold firm, don't move an inch while the protesters move closer towards Aso Rock and throw you out!
Re: Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! by umechuma: 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2012
This is the end of free oil money for parasites and lazy people in Nigeria
In capitalist economy govt only provide subsidy for limited time and in Nigeria that time is over.
Parasites and lazy people should know that oil subsidy is game over.
Re: Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2012
alj harem:

i am not paid at all unlike beaf and so others that have numerous IDs for propaganda.

I am an ordinary citizen just like every one else that HAS COMMON I REPEAT COMMON SENSE.

[size=14pt]You can do us a favour by explaining the illogical reason why subsidy is removed without our refinery built yet.[/size]

Who it not be better for a nation to control ITS own prices of fuel ?
Without this complete deregulation, what happened to the existing refineries, will aslo happen to the new ones. We should ask those that work in NNpc and the refineries waht they did with the whole money given to them. NUPEG and PENGASSIN members (translates to TUC and NLC members) are all guilty.

GEJ, carry Go. no more free oil. no more free money.
Re: Hold Firm President Jonathan, History Is On Your Side! by studyineu: 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2012
No more free money for ndi hausa. Is this our method of sharing wealth that is making them misbehave. GEJ We dey ur back. Make dem protest until dem tire.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Violence: Deadly Gun Attack On Bar In Yobe / We Still Dont Know What Is Boko Haram After? / Govt Official Stashes 2billion Naira In Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.