Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,740 members, 7,955,825 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:10 PM

State Govs Initiated Subsidy Removal -okonjo-iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Govs Initiated Subsidy Removal -okonjo-iweala (725 Views)

Peter Nwaoboshi Buries His Father In Delta (pics) / No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Pic: Gov Okorocha Pictured With Wives Of The State Govs In Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Govs Initiated Subsidy Removal -okonjo-iweala by nduchucks: 12:58am On Jan 11, 2012
Madame wants Nigerians to be fair and objective in their criticisms, as far as the removal of the fuel subsidy is concerned. hehehehe Was she fair and objective in the implementation of the said subsidy removal? olodo

THE Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has said that state governors entered into an agreement with the Federal Government on the removal of the fuel subsidy.

In her reaction to criticisms that she was solely responsible for the hike in the price of petrol, Okonjo-Iweala stated that the state governors were equally in support of the subsidy removal, adding that the decision was not taken by the Federal Government only.

Speaking on ‘Matters Arising,’ a programme of the Africa Independent Television (AIT) on Tuesday, the Finance Minister, while articulating that the benefits from removal of the fuel subsidy far outweighed the present hardship the people are facing, stated that she was not responsible for the removal of the subsidy, as many people had claimed, adding that the decision was even taken six months before she joined the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

“I was not there six months ago, when the state governors deliberated and agreed on the removal of fuel subsidy. Most of the governors then were aware. So, it would be unfair to say that I am solely responsible for this. What of the governors?” she said, adding that, “I am sure it is the people who don’t want me here in the first place that are spreading this false information around.”

Dr Okonjo-Iweala, therefore, tasked Nigerians to be fair and objective in their criticisms, as far as the removal of the fuel subsidy is concerned, insisting that the decision to remove fuel subsidy, as claimed in many quarters, was not determined by her alone.

Read the rest here ==> http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/34158-state-govs-initiated-subsidy-removal-okonjo-iweala
Re: State Govs Initiated Subsidy Removal -okonjo-iweala by NegroNtns(m): 1:02am On Jan 11, 2012
Another untactful executive voice talking out of emotions. . . . she is passing the buck instead owning it.

If the state govs are that powerful to override the fed on pertinent decisions as oil subsidy, then they ought to be the decision makers on a whole lot of policies, including security and law enforcement at state level. 

“I am sure it is the people who don’t want me here in the first place that are spreading this false information around.”

It is naive of her to think and believe people will love her in that envious position.
Re: State Govs Initiated Subsidy Removal -okonjo-iweala by FACE(m): 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2012
Ndu_Chucks, I know that you support subsidy removal and like me, you think that it could have been timed differently. Now that it has come to be, do you not think that we should back the government on this issue ? As for me, it is no retreat no surrender for the subsidy removal. This (subsidy) is the one egg that must be broken to make an omelet.
Re: State Govs Initiated Subsidy Removal -okonjo-iweala by OAM4J: 12:12pm On Jan 11, 2012
Time to pass the buck. . . interesting. Lets wait and hear what the State Governors will say.
Re: State Govs Initiated Subsidy Removal -okonjo-iweala by hercules07: 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2012
O ga o, she is even sounding dumb now, she is looking for who to blame, there is no I in a team, all this passing of the buck will not work.
Re: State Govs Initiated Subsidy Removal -okonjo-iweala by juman(m): 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2012
We should commend the government for being courageous enough for removing the subsidy.

If not the country economy will collapse at a point.

The governments and NASS members will have to adjust to make room for development.
Re: State Govs Initiated Subsidy Removal -okonjo-iweala by Gbawe: 1:02pm On Jan 11, 2012
OAM4J:

Time to pass the buck. . . interesting. Lets wait and hear what the State Governors will say.

Indeed !!!!

"Oleku, tell me something wey i no fit do,
Mi o gbopo gbopo gbopo malotuu,
Mo ni ni Mo ni ni, Odeji, Modeji
I hope you ready, Cos its oleku,

She feeling the heat oh , feeling, feeling the heat oh
"  
Re: State Govs Initiated Subsidy Removal -okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 11, 2012
why did she take the job in the first place? to tarnish her image or make the igbo race a laughing stock?

(1) (Reply)

No to Mac / Fuel Now To Cost N100 / Why We Rob Banks –boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.