Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,380 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Best Antivirus? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Antivirus? (802 Views)

What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer / Top Ten Best Antivirus In The World / Best Antivirus To Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Antivirus? by Topsdino: 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2007
does any one knows the best antivirus to use now, cos i'm tired of all this avg, avast and norton
Re: Best Antivirus? by amblors(m): 12:48am On Oct 08, 2007
uve used avg, norton and avast and it didn't help or u just want to change?
am not a fan of avg or norton but am using avast rite nw, afta using antivir for a long time.
avast luks kinda good n aint giving no prob, atleast regular updates and i cn go get it from a cybacafe too, so i guess its pretty cool. wot prob did u encounter with it?

wen last i checked the rating, f-secure was topping the chart. u can only get trial versions of those top rangers and they are basically for organisations. if u get the trial versions u know wot happens afta 30 or 60days.

ope dis helps?

chao!
Re: Best Antivirus? by OKX(m): 4:48pm On Oct 08, 2007
DUDE.LIKE ALL THINGS COMPUTER RELATED,WOT WORKS DEPENDS ON UR PECULIAR NEEDS.SOME ANTIVIRUS GIVE GOOD PROTECTION BUT SLOW UP YA SYSTEM.OTHERS OFFER FREQUENT UPDATES TO MAKE UP 4 A NOT SO EXTENSIVE VIRUS DATABASE.SOME EVEN CHARGE U FOR CUSTOMER RELATED CALLS.THE TOP 8 IN ORDER OF OVERALL RATING ARE:
1.KASPERSKY ANTIVIRUS 7
2.NORTON 2007
3.BITDEFENDER 10
4.ESET NOD32
5.PANDA 2007
6.ALWIL AVAST
7.GRISOFT AVG 7.5
8.TREND MICRO

I USE KASPERSKY AND IT WORKS GREAT 4 ME.IT CAUGHT A FEW BUGS THAT SLIPPED PAST MY AVAST.
BUT LIKE I SAID,ITS REALLY ABT WHAT U DO,AND THE RISKS U EXPOSE UR SYSTEM 2.THAT RATING WAS BY PC WORLD,BY THE WAY.
Re: Best Antivirus? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2007
Sorry to digress here

what about if you yahoo messenger is acting up

it just refreshes itself and starts send the weird un readable messages

does it mean it has a virus

what can i do?
Re: Best Antivirus? by OKX(m): 5:41pm On Oct 08, 2007
HI SALSERA.
DEFINE UNREADABLE.
THERE ARE ALL KINDA BOTS THAT SEND CRAPPY MESSAGES- I NEED TO HAVE AN IDEA OF CONTENT TO ASSESS BETTER.WOULD HAVE HIT U ON CHAT BUT U DONT HAVE UR HANDLE LISTED IN UR PROFILE. WHAT ANTIVIRUS ARE U USING ANYWAY N WHEN DID THE SITUATION START?
Re: Best Antivirus? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2007
Sorry for the typos in that post

I repeat

"Sorry to digress here

what about if your yahoo messenger is acting up

it just refreshes itself and starts to send weird, unreadable messages

does it mean it has a virus

what can i do?"
Re: Best Antivirus? by OKX(m): 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2007
HI, U JUST CORRECTED UR EARLIER POST AND DIDNT ADDRESS ANY OF MA QUESTIONS.
TYPO'S R ONLY A BOTHER WHEN THEY DETRACT FROM THE MEANING OF THE TEXT.
U WERE QUITE CLEAR,TYPOS N ALL.
Re: Best Antivirus? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 08, 2007
Well when i say unreadable i mean

for instance the status box instead available or busy i read stuff like this

aalkraekrhac salkawieawcam,s.a

and then the other parts start reading page can not be displayed

lately when i'm chatting with someone online it just sends "aewlejafmdlwe' type of messages

i use Mcafee
Re: Best Antivirus? by OKX(m): 6:26pm On Oct 08, 2007
SALSERA,MY YAHOO MESSENGER HANDLE IS oksdman.
HIT ME UP IF U LIKE THEN WE CAN WORK REAL TIME.
I WOULD RECOMMEND CHANGING UR ANTIVIRUS,BUT IM NOT SAYING THATS THE CULPRIT.DO ANY OTHER PROGRAMS ACT UP?
Re: Best Antivirus? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 08, 2007
no other program does that

i just deleted yahoo messenger, trying to download it again
Re: Best Antivirus? by uselo: 10:32am On Oct 09, 2007
Fellow Naira landers, AVG 7.5 remains the best antivirus so far.I have been using for 2years plus now without problems.Remember to use a registered version, not the free version.

(1) (Reply)

Which Should I Choose Hp Or Acer? / Vpn / Starcomms Blocked Google And Gmail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.