Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,587 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists (16352 Views)

Revert Petrol Price Back To N65 from N97 - Nlc Blasts Gej / Fg Agrees To N65 / Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by ade80: 7:47pm On Jan 11, 2012
Re: Violence In Minna, Ibb's Campaign Offices Burnt Down?
« #83 on: Today at 02:57:02 PM »
Petroleum Marketers are fighting back by exposing some of the subsidy deals. They say Nigeria must know that Haruna Momoh the MD of PPMC and Deziani Allison Madueke Minister for Petroleum has been demanding and pocketing N50 per litre of Kero and petrol produced by local Refineries since Jan 2011 till date. The reason they gave to marketers is that it was marketers contribution to Jonathan's election, but it has continued even after the elections. That the govt should probe Nezor SA and Tridax SA two companies owned by the Peroleum Minister run by her junior brother. This two companies in the last 16 month of her tenure has from nowhere become one of the few companies lifting crude oil and one of the largest beneficiary of the subsidy. The marketers want Nigeria to probe the new list of briefcase companies now lifting crude oil because they paid minimum of $1 million to Momoh and Deziani.

The govt is part of the Cabal
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by efisher(m): 7:47pm On Jan 11, 2012
@ martyna4lf, that Israelite example you gave was classic. Well said.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by martyna4lf(f): 7:50pm On Jan 11, 2012
I expect our people to shun protest now and accept Negotiation.
Thats the only thing that can pay us.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by vislabraye(m): 7:57pm On Jan 11, 2012
Proving sturborn. Its a matter of ego now.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by occam(m): 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2012
LeoMax:

There is no going back. CPC and ACN party is going on daily at Gani's arena I guess,

This GEJ minister reminds me of the comical information minister for Saddam Hussien during the Gulf war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s27Oq5ot0ZI
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by uzowulu4me: 8:11pm On Jan 11, 2012
pls our president is doing well and we don`t need to be an enemy of progress. We all voted for him to tell us the truth and he is doing that now and we the people that are condemning him, what a nation called Nigeria.  very timid and unreasonable human being call the masses. IF president reverse the price to 65naira nigeria will be divided. On subsidy removal we stand, no going back. south south and south east are busy working hard and other are busy burning their economy. THINK OKAY.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Toks2008(m): 8:21pm On Jan 11, 2012
uzowulu4me:

pls our president is doing well and we don`t need to be an enemy of progress. We all voted for him to tell us the truth and he is doing that now and we the people that are condemning him, what a nation called Nigeria. very timid and unreasonable human being call the masses. IF president reverse the price to 65naira nigeria will be divided. On subsidy removal we stand, no going back. south south and south east are busy working hard and other are busy burning their economy. THINK OKAY.

Please pal i am very sorry to say this but i think you need to be a spectator on this forum rather than make a fool of yourself or maybe you are just looking for silly relevance here.

I don't know whether some people are just mentally retarded or just decide to exhibit foolishness.

Please show me in the history of the world where a president increases the price of an essential commodity by over 100% overnight.

no one is saying don'r remove subsidy if at all there is any but do it gradually. You need to see how many folks are stranded right now unable to travel back to Lagos simply ue to this sudden madness of Jonathan.

And by the way, is it a do or die affair? the people say revert back to 65N then give them what they want and forget the so called infrastructural development which may never come anyway even with N300 per litre. THIEVES
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by muami(m): 8:28pm On Jan 11, 2012
Remii:

you sure don't know what negotiation is all about. You start from the extremes to get best from both sides. Both parties know that they would end up at negotiation table from start. Moreover, people makes govt. Even military have some power derivation from peoples acceptance.

OP: I never expected FGN to go back to N65, they wont, but the uprising should send signal to govt that people are watching. It should not fail.
I agree with you that in negotiation you start from the extreme. However, I have never seen a negotiation where the extreme is "No negotiation". In other words, even if NLC says FG must revert to N65, adding that that must happen before negotiation is wrong. This is because, the other party would either ignore you or beg you. In the event that he ignores you and you later go for negotiation with him, his position would naturally be hardened.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by muami(m): 8:30pm On Jan 11, 2012
Toks2008:

[b]Please show me in the history of the world where a president increases the price of an essential commodity by over 100% overnigh[/b]t.

Did you really ask that question?
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by forkadict(m): 8:34pm On Jan 11, 2012
Was this not the same GEJ that couldnt step up to Turai and a few of Yaradua's cabinet members when he was supposed to assume office as acting President? It took the National assembly to help him out.

Is this not the same GEJ that has said time and again that Boko haram has high-up ties in the government but doesnt have the guts to bring both boko haram and their sponsors to book despite the mayhem and anarchy the goons unleash on the land?

Is this not the same GEJ that admits the existence of a cabal in the oil sector but doesnt have the guts to tackle them head on?

Suddenly he has the guts to tackle 150 million nigerians at once (excluding the direct and indirect beneficiaries of the corruption in the oil sector?!

Jona.  Na who give you liver? E too sure say God go punish you. You no go die better!!!
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by benzion72(m): 8:35pm On Jan 11, 2012
GEJ is testing the will of the people. And I don't really know what he depend upon that is giving him so much confidence to be strong head. I pray he come out with his life. He did not understand the game of power. His opponenet are easily manipulating him and like a fool he is dancing to their tune.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by muami(m): 8:42pm On Jan 11, 2012
Toks2008:

Please show me in the history of the world where a president increases the price of an essential commodity by over 100% overnight.

You don't even need to go outside Nigeria for examples.
November 8, 1993: increased from 70K to N5:00.
November 22, 1993: reduced (when Abacha wanted to pacify Nigerians) to N3:25.
October 2, 1994: Increased from N3:25 to N15:00 but reduced two days later to N11:00.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by member479760: 8:43pm On Jan 11, 2012
BEJ is denying Ibos again to become the president of this country just the way Ojukwu did. fighting a lost battle.

They will back their country anytime from now! they have the reason to do so and people will support them!
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by laden: 8:44pm On Jan 11, 2012
there is one yoruba proverb that say a king that reigns during which the town is settled,his name wil b evergreen in the minds of his followers while the king that do otherwise,his name will also be in history.jonathan pls jst flash back to remember what happen to Gen Abacha,your own will be worser than him.pls all his followers and those deceiving him should tell him that he should not think that he has some terrestrial power,he will surely regret the ever day he stood up that he wants to become nigeria president.we all know how you got there,we surely know how you will be booted out cos our quran never fails.BADLUCK, ready for the battle!!!
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by PHIPEX(m): 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2012
If Jonathan reverses back to Egypt, I will lead a protest from my villa to Aso Villa cos it will show that he can not be trusted when it comes to hard decisions. Previous govts may hv lost our trust but this situation present us wt the opportunity to find away to hold our govt responsible for their promises.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by gametalk: 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2012
uzowulu4me:

pls our president is doing well and we don`t need to be an enemy of progress. We all voted for him to tell us the truth and he is doing that now and we the people that are condemning him, what a nation called Nigeria.  very timid and unreasonable human being call the masses. IF president reverse the price to 65naira nigeria will be divided. On subsidy removal we stand, no going back. south south and south east are busy working hard and other are busy burning their economy. THINK OKAY.

When Diesel subsidy was removed then, the price went higher, huh Since then has there been any changeS
Now, you're indicating that Nigerians are condemning the President instead to support him. The president that has been spending lavishly on jamboree, entertainment, increment in civil servants salaries in other to win the election, Re THINk, SCAN YOUR BRAIN AGAIN, WHERE WERE YOU THEN, I GUESS U WILL BE PRAISING HIM THEM,
all what he want to do is just to increase fuel price overnight and suffer the masses,

AS LONG THERE IS GOD IN EXISTENCE, WE THE MASSES SHALL WIN WIN WIN !!!

REVOLUTION REVOLUTION REVOLUTION
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by samdigo(m): 8:59pm On Jan 11, 2012
no country in this world doubles the price of fuel overnight, it is uncalled for, jonathan dosent seem like the kind of guy that deserves death, but if da FG does not budge, then only God knos wat would happen to jonathan and ngozi, i mean what kind of reasoning was there behind the fuel subsidy removal, u would expect more from a woman that works at the world bank, worst part is when things get out of hand, ngozi will run back 2 wash dc,
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by klarry79: 9:04pm On Jan 11, 2012
Indeed GEJ has boxed himself into a corner.
Waow, his administration has lost the moral power to rule over the country and he can only submit to tyrannic rule.
The governors will soon be next in line to face the wrath of the people.

angry angry angry angry
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by nolongtin(m): 9:10pm On Jan 11, 2012
Former Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Nasir El-Rufai has been criticizing President Jonathan Government on twitter in the past few hours. Read below and you can follow him on twitter @elrufai for more .
Nasir El-Rufai - Those giving economic arguments for or against fuel subsidy withdrawal miss the point totally. It is not about economics. It is about TRUST!
Nasir El-Rufai - No Nigerian trusts GEJ’s administration to use any money for the benefit of the people. Funds are for pocketing by govt officials & friends!
Nasir El-Rufai - The spending pattern & priorities of GEJ since 2010 is evidence of who he cares for and what. Let us look at his budget record from 2010….
Nasir El-Rufai - Between 2010-2011, GEJ has spent N9.557 trillion. N4,427bn in 2010 budget, N645bn supplementary in 2010, N4,485bn in 2011. The results? ZERO
Nasir El-Rufai - Under his watch, we increased our debt stock by about $20bn, ran down excess crude from $6bn to zero, FX reserves from $45bn to $ 30bn…
Nasir El-Rufai - Under GEJ, Dollar exchange rate moved from >N140 to N160 today. Debt stock has doubled to higher than 2005 levels. Interest rates over 20%!
Nasir El-Rufai - And all this is while nearly 10 trillion Naira has been spent on government officials, trips abroad & perquisites/subsidies to politicians!
Nasir El-Rufai - Power supply improvement? Minimal. Jobs created? Zero. Transport Infrastructure? Zero. Agricultural output? Minimal. Private jets? Yes, lots
Nasir El-Rufai - Let us look at the 2012 Budget proposals in some details to see whether GEJ is willing to reduce the high lifestyle of those in power…,
Nasir El-Rufai - We will look at the budgets proposed for three Presidency MDAs – the State House where P & VP work, the Offices of the SGF & Head of Service
Nasir El-Rufai – The three MDAs intend to spend a total of N27bn as “overheads” for 2012. Nearly N2 bn will be spent traveling with N1.675bn in GEJ’s office!
Nasir El-Rufai - Stationery, refreshment & snacks in the Presidency will consume about N2bn, with N1.6bn spent by GEJ & his VP in 2012. Does that make sense?
Nasir El-Rufai - The President & VP intend to spent about N2.8bn to “maintain” their existing furniture, generators, etc, & N238m for fuel! Is this prudent?
Nasir El-Rufai - Miscellaneous spending by the Villa alone totals N1.7bn for food, honorarium & something called “welfare packages” – another security vote!
Nasir El-Rufai - The SGF & Head of Service have over N2.5bn for these “miscellaneous expenses” including nearly N300m for “welfare” & N270m “security vote”!
Nasir El-Rufai - Why can’t some of these areas of waste be cut to fund capital projects & others that benefit the populace like the fuel subsidy?
Nasir El-Rufai - In the 2012 budget, NASS intends to spend N150bn on itself, the same amount as in 2011 to pay those huge allowances. It has NOT been reduced
Nasir El-Rufai - So we will spend about N320m for every NASS member in 2012, as we did in 2011. Where is the shared sacrifice? Where is accountability?
Nasir El-Rufai - In 2012, FG will spend an average of N2.47m on every federal employee. It spent about N3.2 m on every ex-militant in 2011. What about us?
Nasir El-Rufai - We must resist the N8,000 tax being imposed on every man, woman & child to fund the fuel subsidy & insist that FG cuts its own wastefulness!
Nasir El-Rufai - I will tweet further details of the budget in due course….we must sensitize our NASS members to rise to the occasion & rewrite this budget
Nasir El-Rufai - The issue with GEJ is simply that of trust. He has wasted huge financial resources & put us in debt in the last 20 months. We must be wary!
Nasir El-Rufai - We cannot trust with more money as he will only waste more of it. That is the issue & he can only earn that trust through small steps.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Sike(m): 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2012
smh!
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by udbyron1(m): 9:39pm On Jan 11, 2012
am i in the right country
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by DanKan0: 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2012
fork adict:

Was this not the same GEJ that couldnt step up to Turai and a few of Yaradua's cabinet members when he was supposed to assume office as acting President? It took the National assembly to help him out.

Is this not the same GEJ that has said time and again that Boko haram has high-up ties in the government but doesnt have the guts to bring both boko haram and their sponsors to book despite the mayhem and anarchy the goons unleash on the land?

Is this not the same GEJ that admits the existence of a cabal in the oil sector but doesnt have the guts to tackle them head on?

Suddenly he has the guts to tackle 150 million nigerians at once (excluding the direct and indirect beneficiaries of the corruption in the oil sector?!

Jona.  Na who give you liver? E too sure say God go punish you. You no go die better!!!

lmao all hail the Brave Fisherman cool cool
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by dmainboss: 9:52pm On Jan 11, 2012
fork adict:

You are a classic example of the stu.pi.dity going on in NL. So you actually believe in your head he didnt react because he was afraid? You didnt even consider the situations you mentioned to know what the best decisions and reaction should be? By the time you wake up, the guy would have divided the country and you will still be saying he is afraid. The joke is on you. lol
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by BetaThings: 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2012
dmainboss:

You are a classic example of the stu.pi.dity going on in NL. So you actually believe in your head he didnt react because he was afraid? You didnt even consider the situations you mentioned to know what the best decisions and reaction should be? By the time you wake up, the guy would have divided the country and you will still be saying he is afraid. The joke is on you. lol

Stop supporting Jonathan blindly
I didn't vote for your man, but I don't want him impeached
Cool heads do not want him impeached - that will take time and the crisis will sap us of valuable energy
Politicians can always engineer a political solution. They can arrange for another South South person to take over
How? I don't know but don't think we should give room to that
If you really love Jonathan, let him go back to N65 and dialogue with labour
NL people can mock him for climbing down but that will not stop him from having his powers
And in 6months people will have forgotten
BTW - following the experience in ME and the large no of unemployed youths, he should not be giving people any excuse to protest
A showdown, once started, can take on a life of its own
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Darey00(m): 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2012
Wow, GEJ has moved to deep waters oh, according to the Yorubas "oti gun igi koja ewe", he has climbed d tree way past d leaves. I feel sorry 4 d man
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Image123(m): 10:14pm On Jan 11, 2012
This is bewildering. Is it possible that the president is being blackmailed? Has someone dear to him being kidnapped or something? The government wants to stop paying 'free' money to the corrupt cabal/cartel, who's the populace going to pay 141 to? Am i missing something here?
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by greall12(m): 10:29pm On Jan 11, 2012
badluck you are just unfortunate to become president if not stupidity of dupril alamiaseha and death of yar"dua Bleep you and Bleep your families.You will die like a fowl soon
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Chinom(m): 10:38pm On Jan 11, 2012
The removal of subsidy is a right decision. Only the timing was wrong. That subsidy has to go. Now that GEJ has announced it, albeit, at the wrong time, he must stick it out. There are no easy ways out now. We cannot continue to do things the same old way and expect changes and progress. I would rather have regular electricity and pay N100 a liter that live in darkness while paying N65. Besides nothing will be gained at N65 a liter because we will have to buy a greater amount of fuel to power our generators and cars. N65 = more quantity. N100 = less quantity ( electricity will be constant). Net gain = 0.
We just need to trust and believe that the president will use the recovered money wisely. we have to start from somewhere.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by kemmeye: 10:48pm On Jan 11, 2012
ud byron[1]:

am i in the right country

Lol I asked myself that question today only it was slightly different. It was why am I a freaking Nigerian
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by Rossikk(m): 11:39pm On Jan 11, 2012
Norrisman said:

List Of failed states 2011 http://www.fundforpeace.org/global/?q=fsi-grid2011

1. Somalia
2. Chad
3. Sudan
4. Democratic Republic of the Congo
5. Haiti
6. Zimbabwe
7. Afghanistan
8. Central African Republic
9. Iraq
10. Cote d'Ivoire
11. Guinea
12. Pakistan
13. Yemen
14. Nigeria
15. Niger
16. Kenya
17. Burundi
18. Guinea-Bissau
19. Myanmar
20. Ethiopia

TO HELL WITH THIS RUBBISH LIST. THOSE WHO CREATED IT - ''Fund For Peace'' are a private US firm with unknown background, unknown agenda, unknown research methodologies, unknown criteria, and unknown funding.

SO FUKK EM and FUKK their list.
Re: We Wont Revert To N65 - Fg Insists by LEXYLOV: 11:48pm On Jan 11, 2012
Despite of people sufferings, many peaceful protester has died from gunshots and the government choose to ignore people pain, Thus some people in this forum still clamor for GEJ and say all source of rubbishes, those type of people should be perceive as enemy of the masses and their post or response should be ignore by moderator. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Nigerian Army Rescues 30 Persons From Boko Haram’s Captivity / Ambode With Aregbesola & Wife At HID Awolowo Commendation Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.