Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

How To Say No - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Say No (1093 Views)

Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice / Why Can't Single People 'Just Say No' To Married People? / 10 Things Never To Say To Your Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Say No by Attention(f): 11:47am On Oct 08, 2007
READ THIS ON THE NET - MAYBE YOU'D LEARN FROM IT TOO.

One of the biggest tests of confidence there is in life is to learn to say 'no' over non-trivial matters.

It is easy to be popular and answer 'yes' in the relevant situation but being able to say no is a true test of individual confidence. Is it one that you would pass?

Well, the best way to say no is with a smile. Why? Because that can take a lot of heat out and defuse a potentially tricky situation.

It is hard to get annoyed or hate someone who is smiling at us, if it is an issue of that level of contention.

So, always smile pleasantly when delivering that word.
Re: How To Say No by 2009DOREEN(f): 3:15pm On Oct 16, 2007
I ALWAYS TRY SA MUCH AS I COULD TO SAY NO, NO MATTER YOUR EFFORT FOR MAKING ME BELIEVE IN YOUR STATEMENT BUT WHAT I WONT LET GO IS KEEPING MY SMILE AND GREETINGS AWAY FROM YOU. I WILL ALWAYS TRY AND LET YOU C MEANS Y I SHOULD SAY NO TO YOOOOU.
Re: How To Say No by fobendo: 3:33pm On Oct 16, 2007
In my own view, it's advisable to say NO at things you are not in agreement or comfortable at it, rather than smilling , at times people may mis understood your smiles, i had that temperament before on how to say NO, my wife corrected that,i think ones YES should be YES and no should be NO to avoid wrong impression to people.
Re: How To Say No by pejubaby(f): 5:06pm On Oct 19, 2007
i agree with ATTENTION, smilling while saying NO does not mean that u arent serious with your point. 'cos u might meet some nasty people that are not

ready to let go except you soccurm to their words but by smilling, you will definately save your self a lot of things

i've really done that and it worked for me. Am not beautiful but a kind that most men will like to have, so what i do is to refuse and put a little smile. i

must tell you, so do tell me to my face that they have no cause to hurt me because am not proud. they term it been PROUD but i know what am doing

(1) (Reply)

My Spouse In My Hands / If Your Dad Gave You Some Concoction To Ingest; What Would You Do? / How True Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.