Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment (2921 Views)

Website Review / www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment by smartsoft(m): 3:58pm On Oct 22, 2007
okay what's the big deal if an entertainment got the best look in this world and can not work as an entertainment website as it been refered to ? back there in the United state  6 teams can build up a programming website that fuction very well,  you guys are just making big noise,  afam do this afam do that  @onydic cause you do graphics doesn't mean you can do half job of what has been done on that entertainment website,  his simply good at Web Programming 4geting the fact, that his core jobs,   nonetheless that shouldn't tell you guys he doesn't know anything about graphics or whatever you guys call it.

what there about what he did ? his because he never fomartted the text or just because it looks so plain,  i agree entertainment website like soundcity got the whole graphic, flash and whatever you guys want but bet me he doesn't function like this one i'm seeing here. it diff 4 someone to have creative sense and it is a diff ball game to have good thinking of what you want your site to function like.

Afam accept it or not  you a core programming person and don't mean to say u don't know anything conbining colours or graphics togther,  i will say it and i will keep saying it,  Afam like doing is things is own way.

you can't compare someone who does graphic and someone who spent all is life programming.

@ondyic,  can you compare that  ?

onydchic:

Hm, where to begin. As can be expected Nairaland. Useful reviews are rare and far-between. I usually dn bother reviewing such sites, but you seem like you want to make a difference so,

First, I believe what's killing many nigerian websites is this mentality of multi-tasking and it's-mine-so-ill-do-it-alone. If you know you have weaknesses in design, then why don't you get someone who's focal point IS design, instead of creating something's that sub-par, and justifying yourself?

The site, I don't know. If you don't have an eye for aesthetics at all, then you can't understand the way i feel. EVERYTHING's WRONG. If it has all the functionality in the world and it's not easy on the eyes, people will get bored and walk away, not expectin much. Kinda like a bashed up car with fancy features.

1. The colours. What exactly is the colour scheme? I always say this, before u start throwing up a css, it helps tp create a graphic of what you ultimately want the site to look like. Photoshop is my tool of choice. Play around. Try to avoid using so many unrelated colours. Cos thats the only way i can describe using orange and maroon in one place. Try online colour scheme choosers if your not too good with complimentary colours.

2. The gradient header and footer thingy? No. Just no. Nothing screams unprofessionalism like graphics that look like they were created in MS Paint.

3. The different navigation bars are inconsistent in width. Why aren't they straight and alignned at the edges?!?

4. Fonts too big and too drab. Refrain from using Arial. It's easily one of the dullest fonts EVER. IMHO. Try stuff like Tahoma, Verdana, Georgia, and Trebuchet MS for dynamic text, then try other fonts for headers titles that won't change often (which can be saved as images). http://dafont.com. Just don't go crazy.

5. It's boring. Thought it was an entertainment site? Add more graphics, use rounded edges for corners, put images, SOMETHING. I don't think you've visited enough sites, or you would have seen what im talking about.

6. For goodness sake please do away witht that HUGE orange ad. Ads shouldnt be so distracting from the content. It's annoying.

7. Just start design again. I didn't talk about functionaity because thats not my area. I strongly suggest getting a graphic person.

Peace.

http://onydchic..com
http://aboutdisgirl.deviantart.com

Why not help him then ? we have diff specaility,  it is only nigerian have seen that want to do both graphic, web design, software, engineering, all sort  this that this that blah blah
Gussssssssssssssssss h why over there just one man is the backend and another man the front end, another man proof reading, another man testing, but nigeria everything.

Well Afam is a programmer not a grahic  designer. simple
Re: Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment by onydchic(f): 5:53pm On Oct 22, 2007
@ smartsoft

Shiooo. It's ok o. I'm very sorry. I'm apparently the bad guy because I pointed out errors in the original site, and he didn't like it. My only real problem was the rude way he was replying people.
I never claimed to be a genius in graphics, I pointed out all that stuff BEFORE he recently changed it, so don't bite my head off.

@ afam

my apologies. pele. ndo. no vex. its okay.
Re: Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment by Afam(m): 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2007
onydchic:

@ smartsoft

Shiooo. It's ok o. I'm very sorry. I'm apparently the bad guy because I pointed out errors in the original site, and he didn't like it. My only real problem was the rude way he was replying people.
I never claimed to be a genius in graphics, I pointed out all that stuff BEFORE he recently changed it, so don't bite my head off.

You see what pride and arrogance can to do people?

So, you are now bothered about how rude I respond to people more than your own comments and outbursts?

You do not need to lie to prove a point. I clearly stated that I agreed with some of your comments and disagreed with others.

What is your problem? What do you mean pointing out the stuff BEFORE he recently changed it? Why make yourself look stupid on a public forum?

I took comments from everyone that responded and effected changes, obviously you are angry that all your recommendations were not taken 100% otherwise I see no reason why you should be getting angry at someone that thanked you and even implemented some of your recommendations.

At least I have not touched that site in anyway in the past 18 hrs. So it is easy to know the liar here.

Humility is key in life, you need it.

There is still time for you to change for the better.

Unfortunately, we have a lot of people that are experts on different things on discussion forums without putting those things into practice, real shame.
Re: Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment by onydchic(f): 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2007
Pleeeeeeasee oooooo, i was going to let this be, but I dont appreciate being called a liar. I have nothing to prove by lying about ur site. The last time I looked at ur site before this afternoon was Friday afternoon. Are you going to tell me you havent changed it since then? Are you going to honestly say that your site was mostly black and white EVEN on Friday afternoon? When I reviewed it, the colours were composed of greys and reds and oranges, HENCE my post. And quite frankly I felt no need to look at it again till this afternoon, that's when I noticed you'd done something new to it. You said it yourself that you changed it 18 hrs ago, so what's your damage?!?!?

I'm not angry (but apparently you are, by the looks of it, oops), right now I'm just bored with this topic. Are u not tired? Ha.

Get your facts straight, and stop this juvenile throwing about of words.

Peace.
Re: Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment by Afam(m): 9:35pm On Oct 22, 2007
onydchic:

Pleeeeeeasee oooooo, i was going to let this be, but I don't appreciate being called a liar. I have nothing to prove by lying about your site. The last time I looked at your site before this afternoon was Friday afternoon. Are you going to tell me you havent changed it since then? Are you going to honestly say that your site was mostly black and white EVEN on Friday afternoon? When I reviewed it, the colours were composed of greys and reds and oranges, HENCE my post. And quite frankly I felt no need to look at it again till this afternoon, that's when I noticed you'd done something new to it. You said it yourself that you changed it 18 hrs ago, so what's your damage?!?!?

I'm not angry (but apparently you are, by the looks of it, oops), right now I'm just bored with this topic. Are u not tired? Ha.

Get your facts straight, and stop this juvenile throwing about of words.

Peace.

Not so fast. It is either you find it difficult to understand english or that you are being petty, either way you need to change for the better.

I called you a liar because you claimed that the website was recently changed and coming from someone that had offered a review I consider it a lie because most (if not all) of the changes I effected were carried out same day the reviews came. I didn't have to wait for days to implement what I could in a matter of minutes or hours.

There was never any RED color on that website, get your facts right and on this I can call you a liar yet again. In a bid to justify your unnecessary ourburst see how you are compounding issues for yourself.

I am not a mind reader neither am I a spirit so would not know that the last time you saw the site was on Friday before today so your justification for the wrong accusation still does not stand. Learn to base your comments on facts and truth not sentiments, pride and lies.

Angry? Going by our posts here it is obvious who is angry. Right now I am finding it difficult to believe that people still behave the way you do.

Trying to pretend that you know it all is both wrong and counter productive.

What is wrong in agreeing with some of your reviews and disagreeing with others? Are you now the final authority on web design issues or what?

Get this straight, I am not under any obligation to agree with anything you state here even though I appreciated your comments and even thanked you for them. In fact I even implemented changes based on them. What more do you want? I should agree with everything even when some of them don't make sense? Nope, never.

One more thing, I didn't say that I changed it 18 hrs ago, I stated that the last time I touched that website was 18hrs ago and touching the website may not mean redesigning the website. There are so many things one can do on a website apart from the design and for heaven's sake I have other projects that I handle.

Admitting your mistake and learning to tolerate other people's opinions will do you good.
Re: Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment by Egavlas(m): 10:54pm On Oct 22, 2007
Afam, na wa for you o

Why are you going back and forth with this issue?

Seems to me like someone's ego has been bashed.

Its not a must that you should have the final say.

You are above such.

@onydchic

sis, no be by force say someone go take your advise so let it be girl and don't have the final say with afam on this.
Re: Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment by Afam(m): 11:41pm On Oct 22, 2007
Salvage:

Afam, na wa for you o

Why are you going back and forth with this issue?

Seems to me like someone's ago has been bashed.

Its not a must that you should have the final say.

You are above such.

@onydchic

sis, no be by force say someone go take your advise so let it be girl and don't have the final say with afam on this.

Yes someone's ego has been bashed and it's certainly not mine, after all I was the person that asked for criticisms and there is no law that says I must accept all of them.

I hate it when people go about mis representing issues and lying about them just to prove a point.

You do not solve issues by avoiding them, you tackle them and move ahead.

I took some of her advice and rejected some, obviously it didn't go down well with her but that's her problem not mine. Arrogance and pride are 2 things that destory people no matter how good they are in what they do. Humility and honesty remain vital.
Re: Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment by somze(f): 10:43am On Oct 23, 2007
Afam
You have to change o
Some one is helping you and you cant even act nice
Its very sad, I hope you are not this way in real life.
I refuse to comment further about your site because of the attitude you had.
Re: Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment by Afam(m): 11:59am On Oct 23, 2007
somze:

Afam
You have to change o
Some one is helping you and you can't even act nice
Its very sad, I hope you are not this way in real life.
I refuse to comment further about your site because of the attitude you had.

I am not an actor so I don't believe in acting, I leave that for pretenders.

I asked for a review, I got them, agreed with some and disagreed with others. Is there a problem with that?

By all means keep your comments about the website to yourself, it is not compulsory for you to comment, it is optional and voluntary and I don't have to bow down to anything you say for you to feel good with yourself.

If someone tells you he is thirsty do you think the person does not have a right to refuse your offer of urine in place of water?

I do have an attitude and I am working on it but believe me people like you that even fail to realize their own problems are worse off.

So, thanks for the comments you provided in the past but don't even bother commenting ever again on any website I ask for comments on.

I receive suggestions and criticisms on my email from people and none has come with this level of arrogance and pride that is obviously affecting the 2 of you here.

May be you didn't notice, the website address and call for comments have been on my signature tag for about a week now so I am not restricting comments to people that visit the Webmaster's section.

Do have a great day and learn to work on your own attitude, it is not enough pointing out other people's attitudes, ok?

This I know it is the attitude of Nigerians for is responsible for the state of affairs in this country, everyone sees faults in others but will rather wage a war than admit a fault.
Re: Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment by webemerald(m): 12:28pm On Oct 23, 2007
grin what goes around comes around cheesy
Re: Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment by somze(f): 9:07am On Oct 24, 2007
Afam
You are myopic.
You are the only one here thats arrogant and proud.
This is not new as I've seen it on other sections of this forum.

Whether or not you do or do not take my advice is your business.
Who cares, did I ever force you to take any of my advice, I have never brought this up.

Your outrageous lies and sidelining of issues can not be overstated
Please quote a single place where I said you must take my advice
IF you lack common understanding of simple English I suggest you go back to kindergarten

My issue is your attitude to people that offered help,
You lack simple courtesy and manners.
I asked you if any changes have been made to the site earlier and you rudely told me to go and check the site.
Well its my fault for thinking you are a different individual in programming but I guess a leopard can never change its spots

You really are a woeful example to good behaviors.
Re: Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment by Afam(m): 9:50am On Oct 24, 2007
somze:

Afam
You are myopic.
You are the only one here thats arrogant and proud.
This is not new as I've seen it on other sections of this forum.

There is a difference between perception of reality and reality.

Now that you have brought it up it is good to discuss it. The only contact I have ever had with the name somze was on the Politics section where you insulted and abused me for holding a different point of view on an issue. Yet, when you offered your criticisms on this thread I overlooked your previous insults, thanked you for your criticisms and I believe your criticisms about the header not being ok was taken 100% and implemented the same day.

somze:

Whether or not you do or do not take my advice is your business.
Who cares, did I ever force you to take any of my advice, I have never brought this up.

Of course, it is my business to take your advice or not to take it, however, I chose to take it completely because I agreed it made sense.

somze:

Your outrageous lies and sidelining of issues can not be overstated
Please quote a single place where I said you must take my advice
IF you lack common understanding of simple English I suggest you go back to kindergarten

Again, you are showing the world your level of comprehension of issues.

Since you decided to become the mouth piece of the lady that felt that her advices must be accepted 100% and resorted to insults when I agreed with some and disagreed with others you left me no choice than to lump the 2 of you together.

You may go back to any comments directed at you especially the portions I reproduced to understand why I respond to issues in kind.

somze:

My issue is your attitude to people that offered help,
You lack simple courtesy and manners.
I asked you if any changes have been made to the site earlier and you rudely told me to go and check the site.
Well its my fault for thinking you are a different individual in programming but I guess a leopard can never change its spots

You really are a woeful example to good behaviors.

About 5 different people offered help (as you put it), I thanked all of them (including harsh remarks and infact including your own, someone that has abused on on another section for having a different point of view) and implemented some of the comments while disagreeing with some.

Courtesy and manners, going by your comments I doubt if you really are in tune with what courtesy and manners entail.

My response to you to check the site was valid. You reviewed a website and passed comments. I thanked you for the comments and implemented them the same day or even in less than 3 hrs because they made sense. Now, after about 3 days you come to this same thread and you are asking me if I have effected the changes. Which is easier to do? To click on the same link that you clicked to see the site the day you reviewed it since you were online or to ask a question on a forum (that may take up to 12 hrs assuming I don't come to the forum)? Be honest with yourself about this.

Unfortunately, I am not here to influence in anyway how you think or how you do things.

The only reason why I don't bother myself at all with comments from people like you is that you fail to take a good look at issues, jump into conclusions without any analytical reasoning, abuse people (and hope never to be responded to in kind) and try to set your own standard as regards what is right or wrong.

The game is diversion and it won't work, that is why I take time to clarify every single issue to avoid confusion.

What more do you want when I thanked and respectfully accepted comments from everyone on this thread (including you that had insulted me for no reason on another section)?

The only crime according to people like you here is that everyone's advice must be taken otherwise one becomes rude and perhaps ungrateful.

Check your self and your thought process and change what you can change.
Re: Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment by somze(f): 10:38am On Oct 24, 2007
Afam:

The only contact I have ever had with the name somze was on the Politics section where you insulted and abused me for holding a different point of view on an issue.

I dont remember me ever insulting you, but if I did, i'm sorry and did not mean it.

Afam:

The only reason why I don't bother myself at all with comments from people like you is that you fail to take a good look at issues, jump into conclusions without any analytical reasoning, abuse people (and hope never to be responded to in kind) and try to set your own standard as regards what is right or wrong.

Erm if I can remember clearly, you're the one that used the arrogant line and claimed I was forcing you to take my advices. Thats why I responded strongly.

Afam:

The only crime according to people like you here is that everyone's advice must be taken otherwise one becomes rude and perhaps ungrateful.
NO you DO NOT have to . . . this is impractical in real life and even in the world of programming, everyone knows this. Even when you do software on your own you need to choose from different competing interests like speed, aesthetics, platform, ease-of-use, extensibility, functionality etc.

My point is try as much as possible to reply nicely to everyone that tries to help, it does no good fighting with them. Diplomacy is the key, I dont know how much you have dealt with some customers. You would have had this experience. wink

Afam:

Check your self and your thought process and change what you can change.
Thank you, I've noted this.
Re: Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment by Afam(m): 11:16am On Oct 24, 2007
somze:

I don't remember me ever insulting you, but if I did, i'm sorry and did not mean it.

Apology accepted. However, just like a victim never forgets the person inflicting pain on him/her the person inflicting the pain may easily forget. I never drag issues, once I send a reply on any issue it ends there.

somze:

Erm if I can remember clearly, you're the one that used the arrogant line and claimed I was forcing you to take my advices. Thats why I responded strongly.
NO you DO NOT have to . . . this is impractical in real life and even in the world of programming, everyone knows this. Even when you do software on your own you need to choose from different competing interests like speed, aesthetics, platform, ease-of-use, extensibility, functionality etc.

I never claimed you were forcing me to accept your advice. However, I lumped you with the lady when rather than respond to issues directed at you (without any negative issues whatsoever) you chose to be her mouth piece and implied that someone's ego may have been hurt when in the real sense any objective person will know where to direct blames to.

Sentiments and subjectivity don't exist when I deal with people I don't know, I always push for mutual respect for all the parties.

somze:

My point is try as much as possible to reply nicely to everyone that tries to help, it does no good fighting with them. Diplomacy is the key, I don't know how much you have dealt with some customers. You would have had this experience. wink
Thank you, I've noted this.

About replying nicely, you must understand this - to whom much is given much is expected.

I am sure that all comments and reviews on this thread were treated with utmost respect even when some of them were very harsh.

So, if I thanked all the contributors without using any bad words the question you should have asked as regards the lady contributor was "what went wrong"?

Just as I took time to thank and appreciate everyone's comment while agreeing with or disagreeing with some she was the person who starting using very bad words simply because I pointed out (and very rightly) that on web design there is no consensus even at the highest level as our preferences will always differ (and that doesn't make Mr A right and Mr B wrong).

I have setup nothing less than 80 websites and have reviewed many others especially from web developers outside Nigeria. I have been asked by even software developers to stretch and even break codes they are developing by way of testing.

In reviewing any site I make my opinions known and send justifications which the person may agree or disagree with.

On your comments about dealing with clients, you are correct, many clients that are not bold enough to accept responsibility of what they know and what they don't know are shown the door in my office. I am a professional to the core.

I have said no to projects worth millions of naira because some of the projects won't fly and I do all I can to explain to the client, part of my job is to guide customers not just to collect money from them because I want clients that will grow and not people that will just spend 1 year online and disappear.

I have repeatedly told 419 people NO for requests to replicate bank websites for as much as N200,000.00 for something that won't take me 2 days maximum to do including everything you see on those sites, only that all correspondences will be going to a 419ner's email or database.

As a programmer I pay attention to details otherwise things won't work well. Do not be in a hurry to judge someone as everyone has a story to tell. Otherwise how would you miss out the fact that your own comments were implemented 100%?

Do have a great day. There is no benefit for anyone to be making enemies on a public forum, absolutely no need but we must realize that we all reserve the right to treat each other with respect.
Re: Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment by niceuzor: 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2007
And what's going on here angry
Re: Website Review - Just Nigeria Entertainment by Judelar(m): 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
Call this number if you need sugar mummy or daddy 08144991755

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnu.ng Got It Wrong With Nairaland.com / How To Get Your Post To The Front Page / 10 Most Awesome Ideas To Monetize Youtube Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.