Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,153 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame (1175 Views)

Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? / Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th / Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by rasputinn(m): 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2012
This is a thread to name and shame those corrupt politicians who have in one way or the other contributed to the greatest problem Nigeria has today:CORRUPTION,people who have been implicated in one corruption case or the other,but who now seized the opportunity provided by the anti-subsidy removal protest to try to launder their corrupt images and deceive ordinary Nigerians and those with short memory by mounting the podium to preach anti-corruption and call other people corrupt
I will name two and adduce the reasons,feel free to add names to the list

(1)Mr Femi Fani Kayode
This man stole several billions of Naira as aviation minister and paid $100,000.00 to tattoo his initials on his girlfriends inner caucus
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-497399.0.html
http://saharareporters.com/photo/faces-corruption-photonews-chioma-anansoh-ffks-100k-tattoo

(2)Mr Nasir El Rufai
His massive corruption in the way he sold our common wealth to his friends and cronies as head of the BPE,the many bribes he took from the other bidding firms,the way and manner in which he demolished Abuja houses,seized lands belonging to Nigerian under very strange excuses only to turn around to re-allocate same to his friends,family and girlfriends.
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/photonewsnasir-el-rufai-arraigned-corruption-charges
http://ireports-ng.com/2010/05/12/el-rufai-docked-on-corruption-charges-remanded-in-efcc-custody/
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by Rhino5dm: 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2012
I thought Sahara Repoters is not a credible source? Chie! Water don dey pass garri oooooo.

WOW!!. . .what about shameless Petroleum Minister and her 17 million euros mansion? or Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala with her[b] 1.2 billion naira mansion in Abuja?[/b]
or Patience Jonathan that was caught with 9 million dollars direct theft?
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 13, 2012
at least our protest isnt in vain.

GEJ first said no going back but now he has shifted rom N140 to N90/litre
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by rasputinn(m): 8:53pm On Jan 13, 2012
Please no one should derail this thread,it's for exposing those equally corrupt or even more corrupt than the cabal of fuel marketers,who in their own ways and during their own terms of public office,involved themselves in corruptly enriching themselves with public funds,but who have now become opportunists and have jumped on the bandwagon of the subsidy strike to begin to sound as if their hands are clean.The criminal hypocrites and like I mentioned above Femi Fani Kayode and Nasir El Rufai perfectly fit this bill,so they are named.

@ Rhino
I understand your anti-establishment tendencies,but this thread is clearly captioned,if you want to say something about the people you mentioned,please open an apt thread for them.Merci
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by Rhino5dm: 9:11pm On Jan 13, 2012
^
Bros, How can you drive me away from this wonderful thread of yours? You mentioned fuel subsidy Hall of Shame, and i think Minister of Petroleum and Ngozi Okonjo-iweala should be the best contestants going by the latest expose of their respective scams.
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by rasputinn(m): 9:16pm On Jan 13, 2012
I have to add a third inductee into the hall of shame;
(3)Gov Emmanuel Uduaghan

for trying to mislead the public into believing he is working and that he has a human face ;https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-845050.0.html
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 13, 2012
The Nigerian Police, for shooting and killing people who were merely exercising their rights.
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by rasputinn(m): 10:50am On Jan 14, 2012
Bola Ahmed Tinubu for misleading Nigerians by pretending to condemn the subsidy removal on behalf of the masses whereas his real annoyance derives from the fact that his company Oando is the biggest culprit in the subsidy scam,having looted over 228 billion naira from subsidy funds last year alone
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by rasputinn(m): 11:09am On Jan 16, 2012
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida for recently pretending(because of the subsidy protest)to be a patriot
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by rasputinn(m): 11:13am On Jan 16, 2012
Another set inductees are;

Aminu Tambuwal and the crowd of clowns he leads in the house of reps,for hurriedly convening a session of the lower chamber to pass a resolution that govt should revert the pump price of fuel to N65(knowing that this will be sweet music to the ears of gullible and very gullible Nigerians) without passing any resolution(s) on any cut in any of their many illegal and criminally bloated allowances
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by saveuspls: 12:15pm On Jan 16, 2012
I will list 1.) Tunde Bakare 2.) Femi Falana 3.) Nasir El'Rufai and 4.) Femi Fani-Kayode into this hall of shame, such disgruntled elements who out of no genuine concerns for the masses but more about 2015 battle wanted to spin the whole crisis in their favour.

I hope Nigerains will remember the part played by xters 1 and 3 in the aftermath of April 2011 election and how they publicly justified the murder of the same people they now claim to fight on behalf or how xter 2 chooses the the human rights abuses he fights for (remember Lekki toll gate, lasu fees etc). Xter 4, OMG, not worth my time. El'Rufai records in human rights abuses at FCT speaks for itself.

They all failed woofully, my opinion though,
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by Frankviews: 2:00pm On Jan 16, 2012
There are so many ways of silencing the public and this thread is one good strategy.
Naming and Shaming indeed!, If I may ask: Why name and shame people who rose and stood on the side of the masses when they so much needed their voices to be heard? Whatever, be the reason for all those mentioned at least, it is on record that they made clear their stand on these issues. So many people have said this is, now a fight against CORRUPTION! not a fight against VOICE! So instead of naming and shaming people for speaking up, irrespective of their past sins. Name and shame people who have caused these pains on the Nigerian people. The cabals, the people in government that have been signing papers to allow over payment of fuel supply, people doing shady deals in the petroluem sector, people in government who has been living like kings and queens at the blood driping expense of the poor Nigerian masses, people in government, who have been giving us all kinds of figures for fuel subsidy like from 300B to 1.3 T. shocked. for discrepancies in records. for asking people to make sacrifices while they are not willing to make any! various House of Assemblies in the states for not saying a word! in favour or against, Shame on them.
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by Beaf: 2:04pm On Jan 16, 2012
I name and shame Tunde Bakare, the lying, false prophet and jackal.
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by rasputinn(m): 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2012
As a pleasant digression,its a good thing the strike has been called off,there are yet more bold decisions the FG needs to take to put Nigeria on the path to true greatness,I pray God almighty to give Mr President the courage to take those decisions.

There's still more room for some more inductees
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by ebere1712: 1:36am On Jan 19, 2012
All the people that refuse to condemn evil even when it is biting them in the a-ss
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by ebere1712: 1:38am On Jan 19, 2012
Agents of both the government and oppositions for their criminal identities.
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by dayokanu(m): 1:51am On Jan 19, 2012
Goofluck Odechukwu Retardeen Jonathan
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by Gboliwe: 1:59am On Jan 19, 2012
Elrufai, tunde bakare. These men know how to stoke a fire. Despicable lot
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by rasputinn(m): 7:36am On Apr 24, 2012
dayokanu: Goofluck Odechukwu Retardeen Jonathan

@ Dayo
Who is this strange fellow with a strange name?

Im sure he has something to do with Bayern Munich
Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by donpapa(m): 11:36am On Jul 30, 2012
Beaf: I name and shame Tunde Bakare, the lying, false prophet and jackal.

Re: Subsidy Protest Hall Of Shame by rasputinn(m): 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2012
donpapa:

Beaf: Tunde Bakare, the lying, false prophet and jackal.

Hope that answers your question

(1) (Reply)

Maltina, 7up, Pepsi Used As Explosives Now - Boko Haram / Breaking News! Armed Robbers Raid Bank / North Is Now A Failed Region – Kumalia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.