Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker (4610 Views)

Count Me Out Of Double Emoluments — Ngige / 60% Of Illegal Arms In S/east Produced Locally —presidential C’ttee / President, VP, Govs To Pay Tax On Personal Emoluments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by efisher(m): 7:11pm On Jan 13, 2012
January 13, 2012 ⁠8 Comments

A member of the House of Representatives from Dawakin Tofa Constituency in Kano State, Mustapha Dawaki, on Friday said the National Assembly would reduce the 2012 budget.

He also said the National Assembly had asked the Federal Government to remove some items from the 2012 budget.

Dawaki, who spoke in an interview on Channels Television, said the National Assembly had cut off 60 per cent from the emoluments of federal lawmakers, noting that it was determined to cut waste in the system.

Dawaki, who is of the Peoples Democratic Party, stated that there were some items in the budget which lawmakers found strange and asked the Presidency to delete from the budget proposal.

He debunked assertions that members of the National Assembly were earning millions of naira as salaries monthly, noting that the entire package was not more than N435,000.

He called for a quick resolution of the logjam over the withdrawal of subsidy on petroleum products in the interest of the nation.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nass-will-cut-2012-budget-lawmaker/
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by jmaine: 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2012
efisher:

[size=14pt]
Dawaki, who spoke in an interview on Channels Television, said the National Assembly had cut off 60 per cent from the emoluments of federal lawmakers, noting that it was determined to cut waste in the system.
[/size]

Promising news . .He sounded so assured . . .but we ought to seek a confirmation to his bold declaration of 60% cut in emoluments ( but their constituency funds should be deleted if possible, cos they virtually do nothing with it) . . .I

If this is true . .then the heat would definitely turn on the executive to follow suit . . .that way . .we can move on to other things like smashing that thing called " Federal Character", which has indirectly fueled corruption due to incompetency being permitted to fulfill certain allocated slots . . .

Cool anyway . . . .
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 13, 2012
What does jonathan wants to eat that he budgeted #1 000 000 000 for feeding ? Na golden rice ?
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by dayokanu(m): 8:23pm On Jan 13, 2012
^^ Casava bread
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by okadaman2: 8:30pm On Jan 13, 2012
You believe these Looters you can believe anything.

By the time the people are done burning their trousers, they will be begging to accept minimum wage.

We don't need career political thugs making laws for us, if you cannot live on 18K per month like most Nogerians, then go and start a business.

No allowance

No free Housing

No free Cars

No free furniture

No free personal travel

No constituency allowance (massive fraud 419)

No Daily sitting allowance unless you actually sit.

If they can't take it they can go sell recharge card. Or better still, drive Okada.

We will not subsidize Looters!
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by netotse(m): 8:37pm On Jan 13, 2012
jmaine:

Promising news . .He sounded so assured . . .but we ought to seek a confirmation to his bold declaration of 60% cut in emoluments ( but their constituency funds should be deleted if possible, cos they virtually do nothing with it) . . .I

I stopped taking him serious when I read this part. . .

efisher:

He debunked assertions that members of the National Assembly were earning millions of naira as salaries monthly, noting that the entire package was not more than N435,000.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nass-will-cut-2012-budget-lawmaker/
if it was just 435,000 people would be selling their souls to the devil abi? the fellow must think we are brain-damaged abi. . .rubbish and nonsense!
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by ifyalways(f): 8:42pm On Jan 13, 2012
More promises. . . Mu he he.
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by Yeske2(m): 8:45pm On Jan 13, 2012
Thank God say dem don dey feel the heat. Quite sure they never expected what they saw and they are scared but dem neva see anything, season 2 go soon start.
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 13, 2012
Mode siddon look activated
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by muyoto: 9:10pm On Jan 13, 2012
I would have taken him more seriously had he avoided this outrageous lie:

He debunked assertions that members of the National Assembly were earning millions of naira as salaries monthly, noting that the [size=15pt]entire package[/size] was not more than [size=15pt]N435,000[/size]. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by efisher(m): 9:24pm On Jan 13, 2012
Apparently, we will need another more reputable member of the NASS to corroborate his claims. This is the definition of "lack of trust for our leaders". We've been really bastardized.
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by vanstanzy(m): 8:23am On Jan 14, 2012

@NASS
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dthis guy is a phucking prick men!
FRIGIN LIAR!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I DEY CHOKE O!!!!!!!!!! I NEED FRESH AIR!
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by mroluway: 8:37am On Jan 14, 2012
Supporter and Nor Supporter of the Protest are now seeing the Handwriting on the Wall, I can see some people are in Support of the Subsidy remover Initially. Where are they now.? Things are now Changing. FG don't expect things to come out this way. Apart from the reversal of fuel to N65, Let us Fight them all on Corruption.
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by 1025: 8:37am On Jan 14, 2012
i lost my respect for jonathan the day he became an obasanjo loyalist but telling nigerians that he (an ijaw man)and sambo(sambo an hausa man) will eat food worth of N1B was an insult to this useless country.
does jonathan and sambo eat gucci, prada, percioti, pazileri or luis vuton rice and beans?
a liar that preached that cassava bread is the best turned back to tell us about  N1B food.
how did his aids even allow him to tell us that he is buying a dinning set worth of N300m?
pdp has been a very useless party but jonathan has really confirmed that he can be more wasteful and useless than useless itself.
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by Beaf: 8:55am On Jan 14, 2012
What do we even need the House of Representatives for?
They don't represent us in any way, all they do is sit down, crack jokes and take home fat wages.
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by doofanc: 9:08am On Jan 14, 2012
The man is obviously lying thru his teeth. If indeed that is the total take home pay, how much is the basic pay? Not forgetting some of their allowances are as much as 200% basic!

The guy most likely meant Basic salary, and not the ENTIRE take home pay.
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by dejust(m): 9:12am On Jan 14, 2012
He should be bold enogh to break the figures down for a comon man to understand. From what he said, he is not earning more than 5.4m per anum. If so, why then the fight.
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by Daytonbale: 9:55am On Jan 14, 2012
they are using 9ja money to pay ashawo lesbian to phuck their wives , they so called nass pay ashawo 1million per night
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by Nnamsco4real: 10:34am On Jan 14, 2012
hehehe, this must be the joke of the day. I pity subsidy removal supporters
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by rasputinn(m): 10:44am On Jan 14, 2012
Occupy NASS

This is the time to ride on the momentum and really get the thieving lawmakers to stop robbing us blind via constituency allowance,furniture allowance even after collecting monetisation etc
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by jamace(m): 10:54am On Jan 14, 2012
See this mumu man. He and his colleagues in the hollow chamber are busy sleeping while the masses take over their role of checkmating the executive. No wonder gej had the gut to say that the NASS decision that fuel price should return to N65/litre was  "a mere expression of opinion". OLODO MAN.

If care is not taken, the masses will arrest and koboko all NASS members in those hollow chambers.
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by Adanora: 11:13am On Jan 14, 2012
Dey should shut up, dey re d problem we av in dis country
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by Umunede(m): 11:20am On Jan 14, 2012
This really stinks – NIGERIA SENATOR’S SALARY PACKAGE!!!
August 2nd, 2010 | Author: Peter Okali

Check out this email I received detailing the outrageous figures paid to a Nigeria Senator. Little wonder why everyone in Nigeria has political ambitions and will do whatever it takes to get there.

Basic Salary (BS) – N2,484,245.50

Hardship Allowance @ 50% of Basic Salary – N1,242,122.70 (I love this kind of hardship)

Constituency allowance @ 200% of BS - N4,968,509.00

Furniture Allowance @ 300% of BS – N7,452,736.50

Newspaper allowance @ 50% – N1,242,122.70 (Which kind newspaper be this, abi na online or hard copy?)

Wardrobe allowance @ 25% – N621,061.37

Recess Allowance @ 10% – N248,424.55

Accommodation @ 200% – N4,968,509.00

Utilities @ 30% – N828,081.83

Domestic Staff @ 35% – N863,184.12

Entertainment @ 30% – N828,081.83

Personal Assistance @ 25% – N621,061.37

Vehicle Maintenance Allowance @ 75% – N1,863,184.12

Leave Allowance @ 10% – N248,424.55

One off payments (Severance gratuity) @ 300% – N7,452,736.50 (Once they get fired.)

Motor Vehicle Allowance @ 400% of BS – N9,936,982.00 – Every Four Years

Senator’s Salary per month – N2,456,647.70
Total = N29,479,749.00 Per Year
Allowance of Nigerian Senator: $1,500,000/year
GDP of Nigerian Economy: $45 Billion/year

A feeding frenzy!!!
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Compare with this -

Salary of the U.S. President: $250,000/year
GDP of the U.S. Economy: $13 Trillion/year
What do these Senators do to deserve this pay?

Amazingly, I saw a recent news video on YouTube of Nigeria senators in a session demanding an increase to their yearly allowance. These guys want a whopping N30 million every month.

Most of the Pharmacists, Engineers, Lawyers, Doctors, Welfare coordinators, Teachers/Lecturers, Engineers, Civil Servants and other productive professionals cannot boast of N1 million per year. What a pity !!!

SAY NO TO THIS OPEN LOOTING OF NIGERIA.
SEND A LINK OF THIS POST TO ALL PATRIOTIC NIGERIANS.
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by gaddafe(m): 11:26am On Jan 14, 2012
efisher:

January 13, 2012 ⁠8 Comments

N435,000 indeed! The other day a member confirmed it was nine hundred and something thousand, now this. Why are these people lying about their pay? Do they think Nigerians are fools?
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by Alebros: 11:33am On Jan 14, 2012
I want to comment on Jonathan's budget of about 1 billion for food.Its definitely an inflated sum but we need to know that this is not just the food Jonathan and Sambo alone will eat.There are thousands of guests to aso rock daily.So these guests are always fed.Surely the amount is too much but it is not as simple as people put it.Please no insults if you want to counter this argument.
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by UyiIredia(m): 11:48am On Jan 14, 2012
Alebros:

I want to comment on Jonathan's budget of about 1 billion for food.Its definitely an inflated sum but we need to know that this is not just the food Jonathan and Sambo alone will eat.There are thousands of guests to aso rock daily.So these guests are always fed.Surely the amount is too much but it is not as simple as people put it.Please no insults if you want to counter this argument.

I think it is as simple as people put it. Even with guests that sum is grossly inflated. Besides, the situation of the country should engender a 'roll-up-your-sleeves' attitude, there simply should be low priority for feasting and entertaining guests.
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by EvilBrain1(m): 12:32pm On Jan 14, 2012
I'm sick and tired of these clowns insulting our intelligence with their lies. The fact is that there can be no real progress as long as the thieves are in charge.

We need to overthrow this government and start afresh. Jonathan, Sambo and their entire cabinet have to go. The entire Senate and House of Reps have to go. We need a totally new government with a new constitutuon with more checks and balances to prevent this nonsense from happening again.
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by nanidee(f): 12:42pm On Jan 14, 2012
Evil Brain:

I'm sick and tired of these clowns insulting our intelligenxe with their lies. The fact is that there can be no rel progress as long as the thieves are in charge.

We need to over throwthis government and start afresh. Jonathan, Sambo and their entire cabinet have to go. The entire Senate and House of Reps have to go. We need a totally new government with a new constitutuon with more checks and balances to prevent thisnonswnse from happening again.

i have to agree with you on this, although i totally HATE[color=#990000][/color] your username.
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 14, 2012
Members of NASS are rogues!

Their salaries, allowances, constituency allowances e.t.c is an insult to nigerians.

In as much as they are not willing to cut their bloated pays, make laws to curb corruption and bloated govt expenses in the system then they are of no use to us.

If NLC genuinely want the best for nigeria they ought to organise strikes to demand for basic infrastructures, accountability, drastic cut in govt waste, NASS expeses, prosecution of corrupt govt officials/politicians/cabals e.t.c
Re: Nass To Cut 2012 Budget, Cuts 60% Of Emoluments – Lawmaker by drmax(m): 4:35pm On Jan 14, 2012
Nigerians, can you really blame our leaders, we gave them the opportunity to treat us badly. If Nigerians rise up, just as we have done, against jumbo salaries for legislators and the executives; do same against corruptions and non performing and corrupt contractors, things will change for the best. You cannot under-rate the power of the people. I must say, corruption is a far greater monster than the pains of removal of fuel subsidy. The structures that were able to stage this strike action must remain organised, interact regularly and be prepare to intervene when necessary if we are to free Nigerians from misrule, injustice, corruption and manipulations.

(1) (Reply)

MC Exposes President Jonathan In The Presence Of His Wife / Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's Train Still Going Strong As Seen This Morning [photos] / Fellers This Is A Prison Cell In Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.