Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,022 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Festus Keyamo Missing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Keyamo Missing? (1282 Views)

Festus Keyamo Tweet On Fuel Scarcity During GEJ's Administration / Boko Haram Joining ISIS Calls For Jonathan Removal - Festus Keyamo / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Festus Keyamo Missing? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2012
I was just wondering why I havent seen nor heard from Festus Keyamo in all of the fuel subsidy drama going on in the country. Can someone with information concerning his position in the issue at hand please enlighten us. Why is he missing in action?
Re: Festus Keyamo Missing? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2012
Nationwide  Human rights lawyer, Festus Keyamo, releases statement on withdrawal of fuel subsidy
Human rights lawyer, Festus Keyamo, releases statement on withdrawal of fuel subsidy

I left for the united states for a two-week  holiday on the 27th of december, 2011, completely unaware that the federal government would suddenly withdraw petrol subsidy on the 1st of january, 2012. i wish i stayed behind to be part of this early protests against this satanic move by the federal government. but i will be back in a few days to be a part of any subsequent protests.

the sudden withdraw of the subsidy is nothing but a complete  disservice to the masses of our great country. this is because in any given situation the primary function of government is to protect the weak from the powerful; to protect the defenceless many from the powerful few; to protect the poor from the manipulative tendencies of the rich. that is why the concept of government arose in the first place from thomas hobbe's state of nature. any economic theory that does not promote these principles is a bad economic theory. by removing the subsidy on petroleum products government has shirked these responsibilities and has thrown the masses to the dogs. we are now in the state of nature in the petroleum sector.

by its own arguments about the 'powerful few' in the petroleum sector that take undue advantage of subsidy to enrich themselves, government has finally admitted that it cannot confront these individuals, tackle the corruption in the sector and bring them to book. instead government has decided to turn the barrel of its gun on the defenceless masses and to pour its venom on them via the removal of the subsidy.

this decision is callous, it is wicked and insensitive. i call on all nigerians to resist this policy and continue to insist that government properly plays its role of managing the subsidy program to eliminate waste and check corruption in the system. we cannot suffer for the ineptitude of the government. that is what the removal of subsidy is all about. we have a right to protest peacefully and we should continue to do so until this policy is reversed.

on my part i am asking anybody with credible information and evidence as to the corruption in the petroleum sector to come forward with them so that i can proceed to court to ask for the right of private prosecution to bring them to justice. we cannot fold our arms and wait for the thief to catch the thief.

thank you

festus keyamo, esq.

http://nationaldailyngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2675:human-rights-lawyer-festus-keyamo-releases-statement-on-withdrawal-of-fuel-subsidy&catid=331:nationwide&Itemid=546
Re: Festus Keyamo Missing? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 14, 2012
@eGuerrilla
Thanks jare. I was begining to wonder why I've not seen him on tv since.
Re: Festus Keyamo Missing? by lekanolas: 11:34pm On Jan 14, 2012
He was on TV today. He was on Bimbo/Sola Connect on LTV this morning. He is against the removal.
Re: Festus Keyamo Missing? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 14, 2012
festus would be addressing the crowd at ojota on Monday
Re: Festus Keyamo Missing? by dafman10(m): 12:32pm On Jan 15, 2012
toba:

festus would be addressing the crowd at ojota on Monday
Is he back? Wil be glad 2 have him at Ojota. Dat fellow spits fire! Lets get our country back.
Re: Festus Keyamo Missing? by megastu(m): 1:06pm On Jan 15, 2012
He was at Ojota on wednesday last week.
Re: Festus Keyamo Missing? by Lasinoh: 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2012
Na so Reuben take start!
Like Abati. . . wink
Re: Festus Keyamo Missing? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 3:21pm On Jan 15, 2012
Lasinoh:

Na so Reuben take start!
Like Abati. . . wink

Reuben is a traitor and a sellout. He has no shame.
Re: Festus Keyamo Missing? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 15, 2012
RICHIE BOI:

Reuben is a traitor and a sellout. He has no shame.

He wasnt always like that, was he? Besides, he is just doing his job and love him or hate him, he is doing it well. He is not the one formulating policies is he? He is just doing what he gets paid to do. If you had his job, you'd do it same way unless ofcourse you dont know what the heck you are doing.

(1) (Reply)

Another Bomb Blast In Abuja....... May God Help Nigeria. / 4 / Bomb Blast In Bukuru Area Of Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.