Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

My Dear Diary: Pms Subsidy Removal - Occupy Nigeria Enters Week2 ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Dear Diary: Pms Subsidy Removal - Occupy Nigeria Enters Week2 ! (755 Views)

Apparently PMS Subsidy Is Only For The North And SW. / Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Dear Diary: Pms Subsidy Removal - Occupy Nigeria Enters Week2 ! by dwinzo(m): 5:52am On Jan 15, 2012
Dear Diary,

After following the News early this morning and hearing that the 6pm meeting resulted in another deadlock I had to analyse this whole issue all over again as we enter another week:

1. There had actually been some form of dialogue before the year 2011 ended and even before the strike started, such as the Town Hall meeting held in Lagos with the Minister of Finance, Petroleum, CBN Governor and alot of reputable and well known Nigerians; the impression we were given was that dialogue will continue and that April 2012 will be earliest time we will have any implementation of such!!   undecided

2. Government gave alot of indicies and analysis forgetting that Nigerians were becoming more inquisitive with indepth research and confirmations becoming the order of the day!!  shocked

3. Alot of Nigerians didn't even know that this was the state of things before Jan-01 2012, so Government violated this process and the TRUST its people had in it!!

4. One so called Department under Government appears from nowhere to announces to Nigerians the NewYear Gift from the Fed. Govt.

5. Organized Labour, TUC, SNG, Civil Right Bodies and a greater populase of Nigerians disagree and asks Government to revert; a smaller populase disagree with the strike asking for more time for Government while trying to justify the breach in the "Rules of Engagement"  shocked 

6. More indicies and analysis were given by Government as the protest gets thicker claiming it has not done nothing wrong!! angry

7. Alot of other stuffs have also happened in the last one week and again I wonder  - Why did the Government deceive its citizen in the first place, why can't Government reverse the Subsidy Removal implementation and then complete its dialogue process, its just 6 days so far why is government so hardened-hearted why why!! Maybe they have forgotten the story of Pharaoh, Isreal & Moses - He was warned over and over,  God showed him he is more than his kingdom but he didn't listen until calamities started visiting him; this is Week 2 Ohhhhh!!   
Why can't Governmet just revert first atleast they caused all the mess in the first place!!
Why i am so disappointed and angry is that you can see the greed, pride and smiles on faces of the so called Government spokes-personnel on TV, whaoooooooooo!!
Well from all I seen so far it is evident that the Governmet is asking us to do our worst and they will get it this week, Wait Ohhh  all these Buses they are supplying what do they think it will do!!
Our economy is mainly PMS driven its not just about transportation and the more reason we should stop comparing it with countries like Ghana or other West-Africa countries!!
What is happening my God do these people think we are fools they throw crumbs to us expecting us to all rush at it, all those days of "psychological and politcal rape" is gradually becoming extinct!!
  History will be made this year that will truely give birth to a New Nigeria but not the one defined by its Government but by its People!! 

God save Nigeria ,  Nigeria will flourish again!!  cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Stop Boko B4 D Tear Nigeria Apart / National Sport Commission Spent 1.2 M To Open Facebook Account, House Summons Dg / 73 Dead As Violence During Football Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.