Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian (3573 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / Where Was God When He Created Heavens And Earth / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by davien(m): 7:04pm On May 10, 2015
These are a list of the ideas I once thought of or considered about the Christian god,feel free to contribute yours...

#1 How does god manage to be everywhere?...

god isn't really at two places at once but "he" is linked with every location......how?
If the universe is but a marble to god then god could be linked with everthing by just clasping it in "his loving hands", which "he does"....

It may be a state similar to quantum tunnelling where god could be linked to different places..

My current outlook

Today I'd be embarrassed by this apologetic.....why?

For one it poses a great deal of unknowns....how did I know the Christian god exists?....what reason is there to even speculate about it in comparison to anything?....of what basis can I say it's linked to anything?....

My former apologetic is similar to a conspiracy theory where baseless answers are stacked on each unknown axiom to bandage the question..

#2 Is hell for satan,people or both?

Hell was originally meant for satan but the sins of men was so great that people got picked into the list.........how come?

Well think of it this way,you have a wonderful kitchen stacked with dried fish and in every/or atleast my kitchen there is a trash can where anything rotten/spoilt goes....
So let's say one day you noticed that one of the fishes was rotten....Well then into the trash it goes....and then you inspect the remaining fishes for signs of decay....any rotten fish qualifies for being disposed of....

So god also inspects "his" children and anything rotten is disposed of and/or secluded from the remaining rotten-free fishes...

My current outlook

So people to "god" are like dried fish? undecided

Dried fish are liable to decay regardless of your intervention....but following the story of the Christian god we have a situation where god could actually have a place where you could be "rotten-free"(which is heaven supposedly) but stops you from being in such a place....instead it keeps you in a place that will and can make you "rotten"...

It's similar to leaving a child blind-folded in the middle of a busy road then whispering the way to safety while all the while reminding the child that he/she has all the free-will to painstainkingly try to decipher those whispers and get the right direction or be run over...

#3 The big bang was orchestrated by god

My apologetic went like this....the rapid expansion of existence(space-time,matter,etc) from a singularity was orchestrated by god...
Though the creation account may not have been arranged properly the key points are there...

Matter creation a.k.a creation of the earth, moon,etc...

Light propagation a.k.a let there be light...

Expansion of space a.k.a the heavens...

So therefore the bible follows the big bang perfectly..

My Current Outlook

Yet another band-aid....

Honestly speaking nothing truly stops "god/gods" from orchestrating natural events(like a deistic god),but the question is how can you seperate a natural event from a divine one?....if natural events are inseparable from "god/gods" then the Christian god could'nt be possible or atleast not as benevolent as described considering how harsh nature is...

Again considering how the big bang was 13+ billion years ago it's not a 6-day event...

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by braine(m): 7:42pm On May 10, 2015
Your points are valid. I even thought of these sometime ago. But you should always believe, like I did, that there is a higher power that is beyond your imagination, no matter what you think. Trying to find answers will only bring more questions.

1 Like

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:17pm On May 10, 2015
Ok
Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by frank317: 8:41pm On May 10, 2015
braine:
Your points are valid. I even thought of these sometime ago. But you should always believe, like I did, that there is a higher power that is beyond your imagination, no matter what you think. Trying to find answers will only bring more questions.

But what is the benefit of believing their is a higher power? How does this believe change anything in our life?

6 Likes

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by Rightchuks(m): 8:59pm On May 10, 2015
davien:
These are a list of the ideas I once thought of or considered about the Christian god,feel free to contribute yours...

#1 How does god manage to be everywhere?...

god isn't really at two places at once but "he" is linked with every location......how?
If the universe is but a marble to god then god could be linked with everthing by just clasping it in "his loving hands", which "he does"....

It may be a state similar to quantum tunnelling where god could be linked to different places..

My current outlook

Today I'd be embarrassed by this apologetic.....why?

For one it poses a great deal of unknowns....how did I know the Christian god exists?....what reason is there to even speculate about it in comparison to anything?....of what basis can I say it's linked to anything?....

My former apologetic is similar to a conspiracy theory where baseless answers are stacked on each unknown axiom to bandage the question..

#2 Is hell for satan,people or both?

Hell was originally meant for satan but the sins of men was so great that people got picked into the list.........how come?

Well think of it this way,you have a wonderful kitchen stacked with dried fish and in every/or atleast my kitchen there is a trash can where anything rotten/spoilt goes....
So let's say one day you noticed that one of the fishes was rotten....Well then into the trash it goes....and then you inspect the remaining fishes for signs of decay....any rotten fish qualifies for being disposed of....

So god also inspects "his" children and anything rotten is disposed of and/or secluded from the remaining rotten-free fishes...

My current outlook

So people to "god" are like dried fish? undecided

Dried fish are liable to decay regardless of your intervention....but following the story of the Christian god we have a situation where god could actually have a place where you could be "rotten-free"(which is heaven supposedly) but stops you from being in such a place....instead it keeps you in a place that will and can make you "rotten"...

It's similar to leaving a child blind-folded in the middle of a busy road then whispering the way to safety while all the while reminding the child that he/she has all the free-will to painstainkingly try to decipher those whispers and get the right direction or be run over...

your thoughts and conclusions about Almighty God does not matter and it changes nothing about Him.
If you fail to serve any praise God now that you are alive, you will definitely join the devil and his agents in hell fire.
BE WISE BROTHER.

1 Like

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by johnydon22(m): 9:06pm On May 10, 2015
Rightchuks:

your thoughts and conclusions about Almighty God does not matter and it changes nothing about Him.
If you fail to serve any praise God now that you are alive, you will definitely join the devil and his agents in hell fire.
BE WISE BROTHER.
and this your god that is keen on threatening people to get praise and worship what does that say about it... is it not cheap blackmail and abuse. and a huge show of a wild chunk egoism..

"praise me or burn in hell" am sure if someone tells you "Love me or i will kill u" you will definitely see something wrong in it, but somehow you forgot to notice that its exactly the same thing ur god is doing just like you are showing us here..

its really sickening

10 Likes

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by johnydon22(m): 9:07pm On May 10, 2015
braine:

by higher power you mean a conscious entity?

1 Like

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by davien(m): 9:12pm On May 10, 2015
braine:
That's the thing,I don't have to believe anything not founded on reason and evidence...
Should I just believe dragons exist?
Should I just believe fairies exist?...

Unverified beliefs closes your mind and distorts it....let's say I start believing in a "higher power"...what then?...should I attribute anything to it?...does it interact in the physical world?...can I prove it to everyone?...
The answer is NO,I can't do those things with it because it's a baseless assumption.....

9 Likes

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by braine(m): 9:17pm On May 10, 2015
davien:

That's the thing,I don't have to believe anything not founded on reason and evidence...
Should I just believe dragons exist?
Should I just believe fairies exist?...

Unverified beliefs closes your mind and distorts it....let's say I start believing in a "higher power"...what then?...should I attribute anything to it?...does it interact in the physical world?...can I prove it to everyone?...
The answer is NO,I can't do those things with it because it's a baseless assumption.....
Do you believe evil, the devil, use of witchcraft and those spiritual things exists? Answer me sincerely.
Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by davien(m): 11:02pm On May 10, 2015
braine:
Do you believe evil, the devil, use of witchcraft and those spiritual things exists? Answer me sincerely.
I don't believe in the devil, nor witchcraft..but I do realise evil(bad acts) that increase general pain and suffering...like murder, theft,etc...

1 Like

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by Nobody: 12:47am On May 11, 2015
davien:
I don't believe in the devil, nor witchcraft..but I do realise evil(bad acts) that increase general pain and suffering...like murder, theft,etc...

So in a nutshell; you're saying psychic powers & attacks do not exist?
Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by johnydon22(m): 12:53am On May 11, 2015
Zoharariel:

psychic power as how?

1 Like

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by Nobody: 8:20am On May 11, 2015
Zoharariel:

these things exist, but practice makes perfect.

these are natural things we can learn and unlearn at any given time. it's not a power from devil or god, it's something we created by ourselves just as God and Allah.

2 Likes

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by davien(m): 8:43am On May 11, 2015
emrain:

these things exist, but practice makes perfect.

these are natural things we can learn and unlearn at any given time. it's not a power from devil or god, it's something we created by ourselves just as God and Allah.
when and how did we create them?....then how did we know such things could be done or how did we get the idea that such a thing was possible...
Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by Nobody: 9:05am On May 11, 2015
davien:
when and how did we create them?....then how did we know such things could be done or how did we get the idea that such a thing was possible...

in the ancient times, people feared what they couldn't understand like déjà vu etc, so men out of curiosity began to find answers to these things that seems strange.

some men where consumed by their own curiosity, while few men found a way to invoke and understand the forces of this world. such men were worshipped and these knowledge continued to grow until the emergence of science.

PS, don't ask me how they found out how they understood nature. unless you want to tell me how men learned that suya is sweeter than raw meat.

1 Like

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by davien(m): 11:29am On May 11, 2015
emrain:

in the ancient times, people feared what they couldn't understand like déjà vu etc, so men out of curiosity began to find answers to these things that seems strange.
deja vu?... lol, if coincidental occurrences are what you mean then I'd say yes...people did fear the repeated natural occurrences like the rising and setting of the sun.. etcetera so much that people were sacrificed as a means to please and try to make sure the sun,rain,harvest,etc is coming back..

some men where consumed by their own curiosity, while few men found a way to invoke and understand the forces of this world. such men were worshipped and these knowledge continued to grow until the emergence of science.
How did they "invoke and understand the forces of this world" let alone had the knowledge that such a thing is possible?

PS, don't ask me how they found out how they understood nature. unless you want to tell me how men learned that suya is sweeter than raw meat.
Ofcourse I can ask how they did....you're the one claiming it as a fact....
And your analogy doesn't follow....meat being sweet is purely preference...some cultures still prefer raw meat...the advent of fire only made most people welcome "warm or hot food" that was chewy and easier to digest...

1 Like

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by macof(m): 3:17pm On May 11, 2015
One thing I realize is that, a man who thinks lik an Abrahamist(Muslim, Christian) would see the creator as a holy, all doing what is good and best for you God
BUt actually the Creator doesn't give a bleep what you think about it, what you call it or whether you worship it or not
Before you it was, after you it will be

Lesser intelligent animals don't worship like we do (if they worship at all grin)
Yet they share all the joys and horror of nature like we do

We all have what we need to survive, intellect is one - use it and stop thinking the way your pastors and imams program you to think, lik you are some mindless dumb robot

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by davien(m): 3:23pm On May 11, 2015
macof:
One thing I realize is that, a man who thinks lik an Abrahamist(Muslim, Christian) would see the creator as a holy, all doing what is good and best for you God
BUt actually the Creator doesn't give a bleep what you think about it, what you call it or whether you worship it or not
Before you it was, after you it will be

Lesser intelligent animals don't worship like we do (if they worship at all grin)
Yet they share all the joys and horror of nature like we do

We all have what we need to survive, intellect is one - use it and stop thinking the way your pastors and imams program you to think, lik you are some mindless dumb robot
You can't really blame anyone...human beings are very emotional...How best do we lessen our inability to control the events around us if not by some self-perceived "divine power"?
Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by An2elect2(f): 3:28pm On May 11, 2015
huhuhuhu time will tell
Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by davien(m): 3:30pm On May 11, 2015
An2elect2:
huhuhuhu time will tell
Enlighten us please...
Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by johnydon22(m): 3:51pm On May 11, 2015
An2elect2:
huhuhuhu time will tell
lmao, like 2000years ago right? grin

5 Likes

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by An2elect2(f): 4:33pm On May 11, 2015
davien:
Enlighten us please...

Since you have rejected the truth and thrown away caution, i think you should wait for the end so you can see things for yourself.
Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by An2elect2(f): 4:35pm On May 11, 2015
johnydon22:

lmao, like 2000years ago right? grin
no like just few years to your grave
Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by johnydon22(m): 4:50pm On May 11, 2015
An2elect2:

no like just few years to your grave
lol thats not a threat... you will be there toogrin

1 Like

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by An2elect2(f): 4:55pm On May 11, 2015
johnydon22:

lol thats not a threat... you will be there toogrin
Definitely and with a big grin on my face cos i was on the right path.
Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by johnydon22(m): 5:00pm On May 11, 2015
An2elect2:

Definitely and with a big grin on my face cos i was on the right path.
Nope, rather you will be dead... dead people dont grin cus they are dead... grin

10 Likes

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by An2elect2(f): 5:11pm On May 11, 2015
johnydon22:

Nope, rather you will be dead... dead people dont grin cus they are dead... grin

Time will tell for you and your atheist friends.

I don't need the time factor cos i already know life continues after this body. I will smile finally smiley
Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by johnydon22(m): 5:23pm On May 11, 2015
An2elect2:

Time will tell for you and your atheist friends.

I don't need the time factor cos i already know life continues after this body. I will smile finally smiley

lmao. smiley

sometimes the bible/quran in the hand of one man

is worse than a bottle of whisky in another

They are just some kind of people who are so busy worrying about

the next world, vainfully greedily clamoring for another life.

when they have not finished living the only sure one they have..

You can just come to nairaland and see the results..

#sighs

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by davien(m): 5:41pm On May 11, 2015
An2elect2:

Since you have rejected the truth and thrown away caution, i think you should wait for the end so you can see things for yourself.
i wasn't waiting for anyone or anything before I was born so what makes you think I would be doing the same after I die?

3 Likes

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by An2elect2(f): 5:55pm On May 11, 2015
davien:
i wasn't waiting for anyone or anything before I was born so what makes you think I would be doing the same after I die?

It is what life will take you through. You don't have to wait per say, life makes you wait and show you what you must see when your time eventually comes.

What a hopeless life man. Sad sad you guys earn my pity.
Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by davien(m): 6:16pm On May 11, 2015
An2elect2:

It is what life will take you through. You don't have to wait per say, life makes you wait and show you what you must see when your time eventually comes.

Thanks for your pity....now extend that emotion to the pity you'd experience seeing 7+ trillion people burning forever while you watch...and then ask yourself who'll be that evil but still pose as good?...except your god...

If god(if such a thing existed) were willing to punish me, knowing the life I've lived and the things i've done for just merely a disbelief then I'd happily take the sentence knowing fully well that I followed the evidence and didn't empty my thinking faculties for such a demented being in the first place...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian by johnydon22(m): 6:20pm On May 11, 2015
An2elect2:

hahahahahahahaha actually its quite the reverse... We are the one pitying you..

wasting your one chance at life chasing another that is not there, instead of living the one you have. (Thats greed and selfishness.. vain and self centeredness)

letting an old book written by ancient uneducated jews run your life. what a big stab to the intellectual capacity of a 21st century homo sapiens.sad

, allowing the default settings your parents poured into you run your life...

Harbouring the thought of seeing other people roast in an everlasting fire and see nothing wrong in it...(sick morals)

I could go on..

I think my dear, its obvious who needs and deserves pitying...

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch How A Christian Pastor Destroys Gay Pastor In Debate [Video] / Can A Christian Man Marry More Than One Wife / Pastor Sets Himself Ablaze After Impregnanting A Choir Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.