Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Which Way Middle Belt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Way Middle Belt (1000 Views)

Middle Belt Youths, Cleric Declare Support For Jonathan’s Re-election / We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Way Middle Belt by Marlboro1: 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2012
Now that it is becoming quite obvious Nigeria will be splitting, what happens to Middle Belt states? Should they be merged with the north or south or be left to form their own union since they also have some Muslim terrorists / sharia fundamentalists in places like Benue & Plateau? Let us be serious.
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by sbeezy8: 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2012
DUMB THREAD-

poster need a bloody slap- wetin concern you with middle belt?
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by DRANOEL(m): 3:06pm On Jan 15, 2012
Marlboro1:

Now that it is becoming quite obvious Nigeria will be splitting, what happens to Middle Belt states? Should they be merged with the north or south or be left to form their own union since they also have some Muslim terrorists / sharia fundamentalists in places like Benue & Plateau? Let us be serious.

enlighten me about the muslim fundamentalist in benue! considering its the only northern state that is arguably completely christian!
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 15, 2012
Ask Gen. Yakubu Gowon cheesy.
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by DRANOEL(m): 3:15pm On Jan 15, 2012
Olodostein:

Ask Gen. Yakubu Gowon cheesy.

about?
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by Marlboro1: 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2012
@sbeezy8

Stay for water and soap go enter your eye. This country is going no where as one. The core north is planning and doing everything to achieve separation and south just cant wait to go their own way. And you want to know wetin concern me? You can stay there and yap but I will advise you have an alternative plan quick!
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by Marlboro1: 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2012
@dranoel

Are you not aware of the Hausa / Tiv mutually assured destruction that has been going on? Who do you think is behind the Hausa side?
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by sbeezy8: 3:56pm On Jan 15, 2012
^^^ yea what does that have to do with YOU.
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by DRANOEL(m): 4:02pm On Jan 15, 2012
Marlboro1:

@dranoel

Are you not aware of the Hausa / Tiv mutually assured destruction that has been going on? Who do you think is behind the Hausa side?

i don't seem to understand what you are talking about'

the tiv are about 97% christian,2.7% traditionalist and 0.3% muslim!
there has never been a religious crisis in BENUE!
am a bit lost on what you are trying to say
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by DRANOEL(m): 4:09pm On Jan 15, 2012
it seem you are trying to miscrue the clashes with fulani herdsmen with relifious crisis!

for your info,even states down south have xperienced some form of clashed btw fulani herdsmen and farmers!
learn to do some research before talking!
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by Xmind1: 4:18pm On Jan 15, 2012
Nigeria is going no where. Worst case scenario we adopt the Gideon Okah's model.
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by olawalebabs(m): 4:21pm On Jan 15, 2012
Marlboro1:

Now that it is becoming quite obvious Nigeria will be splitting, what happens to Middle Belt states? Should they be merged with the north or south or be left to form their own union since they also have some[b] Muslim terrorists / sharia fundamentalists[/b] in places like Benue & Plateau? Let us be serious.
What will have being a good thread is now rubbish, how on earth will you say that>
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by ezeagu(m): 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2012
X-mind:

Nigeria is going no where. Worst case scenario we adopt the Gideon Okah's model.

The worst case senario is what Nigeria is heading to, and it isn't any model.
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by Marlboro1: 4:50pm On Jan 15, 2012
@dranoel

Thanks for educating me. I just happen to know there is so much Fulani killings of innocents there and assume that to also have religious connotations. I guess that will mean Kogi, Benue and Abuja will elect to go with predominantly christian south brethrens. Dividing along religious line more like Hindu India and Muslim Pakistan will ensure peaceful co-existence for the most part.
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by DRANOEL(m): 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2012
i don't think the northern elites will let abuja go!
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by Hardunnii(f): 5:57pm On Jan 15, 2012
I dey laff in swahili, and who will divide nigeria Internet warriors?? Your leaders dont give a damn abt that, you ppl are just pawns in their game
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by Marlboro1: 10:06pm On Jan 15, 2012
@drnoel

Why wont they? Abuja is not Hausa land. It is central. Please dont let the Gbagyi man hear you identify him with muslim Hausa. They have their own share of problems with the Hausa muslims.
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by DanKan0: 10:21pm On Jan 15, 2012
@ OP Lmao wetin concern you with what goes on in middlebelt if you are from Southern Nigeria?

People be talking but they dont know the situation on the ground. None of the fighting is religous but 'tribal over land' and its mainly Jos and Kaduna that has this problem.

Ezillo (Ebonyi) – More than 50 people have been killed,  Saturday, following a clash between the neigbouring communities of Ezillo and Ezza in Ebonyi State.

Vanguard gathered that over 50 people were killed when a group of people from Ezza community attacked residents of neighbouring Ezilo over a land dispute.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/over-50-feared-dead-in-ebonyi-communal-clash/

Should These guys join middle belt as well?
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by eunisam: 11:03pm On Jan 15, 2012
After all BET must be at the middle!
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by ryom(m): 11:17pm On Jan 15, 2012
@Hardunnii-hi. Its a pity this discussion is happening about Nigeria. The issues have lingered for so long I wonder if there will be an answer in my lifetime. I was at Uni with Labaran Maku although he was my senior. He was such an 'aluta' person as SUG leader. And so on and so forth.
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by udezue(m): 11:25pm On Jan 15, 2012
Let them decide on their own. Wetin concern us?
Re: Which Way Middle Belt by emmke(m): 11:31pm On Jan 15, 2012
DanKan0:

@ OP Lmao wetin concern you with what goes on in middlebelt if you are from Southern Nigeria?

People be talking but they dont know the situation on the ground. None of the fighting is religous but 'tribal over land' and its mainly Jos and Kaduna that has this problem.

Should These guys join middle belt as well?

dude which tribes are fighting over land in plateau? Now dont bring up inter tribal wars of decades ago because that will apply to almost every state in nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Who Really Is Our President? Azazi Or Jonathan? / Nigeria Gets 5 More Universities, More Subsidy Buses, Power / China Has Rejected New US Sanctions On Iranian Oil Imports.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.