Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,545 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Where To Change Dollars To Naira? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Where To Change Dollars To Naira? (10113 Views)

Thread For Dollar To Naira Daily / How Much Is Black Market Rate Of Pound To Naira And Dollar To Naira Today? / The Value Of CFA To Naira As At Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by Seun(m): 4:19am On Mar 16, 2006
Hello,

I was just wondering how people change small quantities of dollars to Naira or vice-versa if they are in Lagos State (Ikeja) or Ogun State? Where can you go to change your money easily?

Seun.
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by rikkyjen(m): 4:41am On Mar 16, 2006
Well Lagos airport hotel at ikeja,[/b]change dollars or banks, but i think banks exchange rate is messed up. You can also go to [b]Murtala Muhammed Airport - those abokis change dollars well - but make sure the dollar bills you hold were not printed less than 1996 or above unless the mallams may reject it or pay you less. The more current your dollar bill is, the more naira wads you get!
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:18am On Mar 16, 2006
You can go to any Beureau de change
Make sure that you bergain, make you no settle for first price they may say 130 on de dollar
but it should be 140 for every dollar
when i was in Jos their were many in the terminus area. So just go to an area with many banks and where every money is being traded
U will find a "Beureau de change". Some banks also will exchange ur money, but they will give you a very bad return
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by whitesoftx(m): 9:17am On Mar 16, 2006
It all depends on the are you know better in Lagos, Ikeja, Island, or Yaba, all those places, Malams' changes dollars to Naira and Naira to dollars! if its Ikeja, then Airport Hotel, if its Island, then Mandilas, Oluwole or Central Mosque and even Obalende or if Yaba, just go to the Railway area! you are good to get your money changed in no time! wink

Safe
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by akara(m): 5:23pm On Mar 16, 2006
If using Ikeja Airport Hotel, avoid touts that offer you out of this world rates, walk in and you will see bureau de change with offices. You can always come back to them. The boys outside will "gba ojue" big time, Try also Apapa, opposite Tantaliser, and Alade Market, but always the ones with shops and kiosks.
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by smartsoft(m): 1:10am On Mar 17, 2006
well it's been done at Alade Market Allen Avenue, a dollar now it's 144Naira so make u no let them cheat you oooo
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by kasaliyaro(m): 4:21am On Mar 17, 2006
OC where you dey for Ogun State?, If na IJ, go behind central mosque -btw local govt and the mosque, you go see "Dollars-Pounds" aboki there.
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by Seun(m): 4:36am On Mar 17, 2006
What about Otta?
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by kasaliyaro(m): 4:48am On Mar 17, 2006
E no suppose hard, take style talk to those Malos wey dey hang around Central Mosque, or go their commuinity -Sabo. My first stop go be mosalasi, dem dey full there anytime.
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by spikedcylinder: 8:39am On Mar 17, 2006
kasali,where is Anchorage,AK?
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by Hunter(m): 9:44am On Mar 17, 2006
Last I heard it was trading at N137 to $1 USD
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by gentleone(f): 11:29am On Mar 17, 2006
@whitesoftx, oluwole ke? shocked abi no be oluwole for lagos island? be careful o if want to go there
you can try Tejuosho market at Yaba or anjorin market in apapa.
its currently between N143 - N145 depending on how well you bargain.
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by pearl2(m): 12:26pm On Mar 17, 2006
Anyway, you can try surulere,around Havana hospital or CMS around Odulami street. Dont get cheated; there are a lot of 'Area boys' loitering around there swindling people. Make sure you follow them to their office, preferably go for the Hausa guys not 'alayes', even that is not 100% guarantee. Bottomline - don't get fooled.
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by Seun(m): 4:05pm On Mar 17, 2006
kasaliyaro: thanks, but someone just told me that there are thieves among the mallams at "mosalasi".
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by whitesoftx(m): 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2006
May be you bring it to me to change for you cheesy We use to call a reliable Mallam to our office when we need to change! and perfect! grin
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by kasaliyaro(m): 11:47pm On Mar 17, 2006
spikedcylinder:

kasali,where is Anchorage,AK?

Anchorage is in Alaska.
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by kasaliyaro(m): 12:01am On Mar 18, 2006
Seun:

kasaliyaro: thanks, but someone just told me that there are thieves among the mallams at "mosalasi".

Where thieves no dey,  Make person just dey pray make he no run into them. Some sef dey use jaz,   one just needs to be prayerful and careful. Ojú ni alàkán fi n sọ orí.
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by diyobdw(f): 5:30pm On Mar 21, 2006
on Lagos island you can call the mallams @ golden gate to meet you anywhere around ikoyi or by the second gate .
need a number? buzz me
Banks are more expensive
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by baabolight(m): 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2006
Access bank does it across the counter, you do not need to have an account with them. Just walk in and change your Dollar to Naira or the other way round. At least, you are sure you are getting the genuine thing.
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by fellybabe(f): 9:20am On Oct 19, 2006
I have a very good/honest customer at alade market.i know 4 like
2 yrs now.adamu-08023940434.tel him one felicia with number 08056405751 gave u his addy.cal him when u 're at d gate 2pick u.
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by fellybabe(f): 9:21am On Oct 19, 2006
I have a very good/honest customer at alade market.i know 4 like
2 yrs now.adamu-08023940434.tel him one felicia with number 08056405751 gave u his addy.cal him when u 're at d gate 2pick u.
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by forgiven(m): 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2006
Please what is the current exchange - dollar to naira?
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by reallions(m): 2:46pm On Oct 09, 2020
BUY AND SELL YOUR USD FX WITH US AT THE MOST UNBEATABLE PRICE!

Many businesses are going down because of the hardship of purchasing dollars in Nigeria as we speak.

The government's ban on transactions and restrictions on fx is not helping matters.

Howeve, your business doesn't have to go through the hassles. We have got you fx at the best rate for both offshore and inflow transactions.

Our rates are the best in the market as we speak and we guarantee you transparent transactions.

Here's what we promise:

1. We are comfortable to deal in all transactions face to face.

2. We can handle transaction up to 100000 USD and all dealings are swift and easy.

3. We can send and receive funds both in cash and by transfers.

4. We handle all transactions in our office on the mainland.

We've got all your fx needs covered.

5. We can help pay your school fees or pay your suppliers anywhere in the US guaranteed.

6. Our rates are super affordable.

7. We can buy any volume of USD and we credit instantly.

With us, you can escape all the bottlenecks around procuring fx at anytime.

Contact us now, let's deal. Call or WhatsApp 08068230088

Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by gcardcodes: 3:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
Has your PayPal or eBay account got limited and you are unable to send and receive money OR unable to sell on eBay due to Limitations,
visit: www.empestealth.org.uk to get your secured account with a guide on how to use your account.

100% SECURED.

Sell and make profits with your products on eBay.
Receive and send money with your PayPal Account

Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by TheSourcerer: 3:59pm On Aug 31, 2021
Seun:
What about Otta?
sad now its 523
Re: Where To Change Dollars To Naira? by adebayo3449(m): 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2021
So sad

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CBN Rolls Back Reforms -Universal Banking To Be Phased Out 2011 / Starting Up A Consulting Company / Alibaba Joint Group 1 Importation - Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.