Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol (34239 Views)

Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments / Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga / Falling Crude Oil Price and Nigeria's N97/Litre Fuel Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Ngwakwe: 11:07am On Jan 16, 2012
@All Nairalanders,
Stop complaining about this government. All of you typing nonsense here are 100% corrupt by default whether you agree to this or deny it. I have served as an executive of NLC in Abia State during my time in Unilever. I was almost lynched and abused physically for refusing unresistable bribe offer though I latter scaled through but I lost my job afterward after been sold out by my follow executives. You should change your selfish self first before tying nonsense.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by chieveboy(m): 11:09am On Jan 16, 2012
GEJ; much as l support your vision, l think all this people are saying is
just " turn that 9 upside down!" P)

-------
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by naira2011(m): 11:11am On Jan 16, 2012
Fuel Price wasn't reduced from N141 to N97. It was increased from N65 to N97 #Occupy Nigeria Continues,
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by emtar(m): 11:13am On Jan 16, 2012
GEJ REGIME WOULD HAVE BE THE MOST PEACEFUL,BEST DEMOCRACY AND THE MOST PRODUCTIVE REGIME EVER HAD IF NOT THE ISSUE OF OIL SUBSIDY REMOVAL SAGA.

BY THE WAY, GEJ IS TRY TO EXPOSE THINGS TO NIGERIANS WHICH THE ISSUE OF NOBODY CAN HOLD ME ATTITUDES OF THE CRUDE OIL EXPORTERS AND THE PETROL IMPORTERS.

THE IMPORTERS HAVE BEEN TRYING TO HIKE INCOMING PETTROL AND THE VOLUME SAID TO BE DELIVERED ON PAPER WHERE NOT UP TO THE VOLUME BEEN DELIVERED AND THEY WILL COLLECTED THE 100% INCREASE PLUS THE VOLUME DIVERTED . NOW GEJ DO NOT WANT TO SUBSIDIZE PETROL AND HE WANTS THE IMPORTERS TO SELL WHAT THEY BRING TO THE COUNTRY AT THE RATE AND THE VOLUME THEY SAID NIGERIANS ARE CONSUMING DAILY TO SEE IF THEY ARE ON THE WAY.

OUR ABLE PRESIDENT SHOULD LET NIGERIANS KNOW THOSE BEHIND THE IMPORTATION OF FUEL AND THE PRICE AT WHICH THE SELLER ARE SELLING IT TO THEM.

SO NIGERIANS WILL FACE THEM SQUARELY NOT GEJ.

I THANKS GEJ FOR THE EXPOSION OF SOME OF CORRUPT NIGERIANS CALLED RICH MEN.

LONG LIVE NIGERIA.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by mrOops: 11:33am On Jan 16, 2012
GOVT no longer want to listen to the plight of the people rather comparing us with america. . i for see a DISCONNECT, a war very eminent.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by KC23: 11:36am On Jan 16, 2012
I think the new fuel price of N97/litre is a fair bargain offered by the FG. I feel we should all be understanding and try to adjust to the current situation. Probing the NNPC and PPPRA is a sure thing to do, going by the massive acts is corruption and gross abuse of office by their MD/CEO/DG/GMD. My thinking is that we youths should give the FG 9-12months to implement their "Subsidy Removal Policy", and if by then the economy situation and high employment rate remains unchanged then we would have no option than to forcefully kick their ASS out of Aso Rock in a do or die affair. Let's also remember that "No Pain, No Gain", Nothing good comes easy.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by JaaizTech: 11:45am On Jan 16, 2012
emtar:

GEJ REGIME WOULD HAVE BE THE MOST PEACEFUL,BEST DEMOCRACY AND THE MOST PRODUCTIVE REGIME EVER HAD IF NOT THE ISSUE OF OIL SUBSIDY REMOVAL SAGA.

BY THE WAY, GEJ IS TRY TO EXPOSE THINGS TO NIGERIANS WHICH THE ISSUE OF NOBODY CAN HOLD ME ATTITUDES OF THE CRUDE OIL EXPORTERS AND THE PETROL IMPORTERS.

THE IMPORTERS HAVE BEEN TRYING TO HIKE INCOMING PETTROL AND THE VOLUME SAID TO BE DELIVERED ON PAPER WHERE NOT UP TO THE VOLUME BEEN DELIVERED AND THEY WILL COLLECTED THE 100% INCREASE PLUS THE VOLUME DIVERTED . NOW GEJ DO NOT WANT TO SUBSIDIZE PETROL AND HE WANTS THE IMPORTERS TO SELL WHAT THEY BRING TO THE COUNTRY AT THE RATE AND THE VOLUME THEY SAID NIGERIANS ARE CONSUMING DAILY TO SEE IF THEY ARE ON THE WAY.

OUR ABLE PRESIDENT SHOULD LET NIGERIANS KNOW THOSE BEHIND THE IMPORTATION OF FUEL AND THE PRICE AT WHICH THE SELLER ARE SELLING IT TO THEM.

SO NIGERIANS WILL FACE THEM SQUARELY NOT GEJ.

I THANKS GEJ FOR THE EXPOSION OF SOME OF CORRUPT NIGERIANS CALLED RICH MEN.

LONG LIVE NIGERIA.

Lets stop fooling ourselves, GEJ is a complete rogue like others; they are just milking this nation dry. Bakare has exposed the simple mathematics behind it, and only a fool & nonentity of a president would call this sophisticated fraud; it is fraud at the simplest level.
According to FG:
Nigeria Consumes 34 million litres of pms per day averagely
Landing cost of pms per litre is =N=131.70 naira
recommended profit per litre =N=9.30

Total Cost of fuel used in 2011 (assuming no subsidy) = 34million(litres)*141naira*365days = 1.75 trillion naira
Total Cost paid by consumer = 34million*65 naira*365days = 807 billion naira approx.
Cost paid by Govt.(subsidy) = 1.75 trillion - 807 billion = 943 billion naira approx.

Subsidy Claimed to be paid by Govt. = 1.4 trillion naira
Difference (Stolen by Who) = 1.4 trillion - 943 billion = 457 billion naira

Take Note:
Bakare & I assumed  such a bogus amount of fuel was consumed by Nigerians & their neighbours (as claimed by Govt.);
Bakare&I were modest in our analysis by assuming that NNPC didn't exist, and at such the 34 million litres per day were imported!.

Yet, see the difference, GEJ and Okonjo probably thought we would be too lazy to do the maths. I am dissapointed in Sanusi; How can a President claim He was ignorant of this, this is daylight robbery. GEJ used this money for the elections that is just the simple truth; and also GEJ is just another PDP rogue.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by safarigirl(f): 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2012
Interesting outcome
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Aigbehis(m): 12:27pm On Jan 16, 2012
Deregulation is a welcome trend in the Nigerian economy. Let's discard and abdicate this issue of strike and protest, and contribute out own quota to the development of this dear country of ours. It will go a long way to reduce corruption and take the mantle from the hands of the cartels and leave it to those capable of running the economic like in the case of mtn, glo, airtel and the likes.

Removal of subsidy is very much welcom, but CORRUPTION SHOULD BE FOUGHT WITH BOTH HANDS AND LEGS.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Alebros: 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2012
@JaaizTech. There is something wrong with the second part of you and bakare's maths.Are you telling me the filling stations buy fuel from the marketers at the rate of 65 bucks per litre?65 naira is the selling price not cost price.Find out the cost price and recalculate!Your maths included the profit of the retail filling stations as part of the money paid for fuel!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by gentleoyink: 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2012
@Alebros thank you

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Ninapha(f): 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2012
Sometimes i wonder how we Nigerians reason!  Calling Goodluck all kinds of name wont help our situation, what we need is a way out.  some cabals are seated in their homes receiving unjustifiable amount in the name of being importers and holding this country to ransom.

NLC,in d other hand, who is deceiving who? we know how they normally end this kind of issues, with ghana-must-go in their hands, the matter is settled and the lives lost are non news. They are more concerned about their selfish agenda than the employment that good ideas could create.

Bakare who is talking about the government, governance starts from our homes! how has he governed his ministry.  the money he generate should first be used on his followers so that we can see how transparent he is.

Generally, We should not judge this policy until it fails us, we are all guilty of mismanagement one way or the other.  Because the government subsidizes fuel, women would leave their gen-set on for a whole day watching movies, rich men flaunt 12 cars, boys drive cars with no destination in view all because fuel is cheap.  How much does graduates under the federal parastatals receive as salaries yet they keep asking for more whereas one million and one graduates are at home jobless.

I believe in this policy, it would sure be difficult now but we would get better, my most concern like everyone is: Would the proceeds be used to help the masses.  The govt should make haste to hands off PHCN and water board too.  Its time to move Nigeria forward and the time is now, no boko haram would stop it.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by honeric01(m): 1:23pm On Jan 16, 2012
strike called off, LABOR HAS LOST ITS RELEVANCE IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA. NO MORE NO LESS, MOST NIGERIANS WON'T RESPECT THEM AGAIN.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Omokenge: 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2012
Ninapha, God bless you. That is the Spirit of God speaking.
Nigeria needs to awake and think of what we can do for our beautiful country. How can we stop this untrustworthy citizenship we carry about. We need to understand our own debt. The debt of love. We are all in debtor to Nigeria as a Nation. Let Nigerian begin to love Nigeria and surrender to any authority that God allowed to rule by any how. Say to one another God Bless Nigeria and it shall come to pass. Calling GEJ all kind of names is not right. It can roll back!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by moshoodn(m): 1:40pm On Jan 16, 2012
honeric01:

strike called off, LABOR HAS LOST ITS RELEVANCE IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA. NO MORE NO LESS, MOST NIGERIANS WON'T RESPECT THEM AGAIN.
Methinks they left the villa with envelopes!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by occam(m): 4:30pm On Jan 16, 2012
Beaf:

If GEJ had not told you about the cabals, would you have known about them?
It seems like whatever the man does, people are ready to hang him for some ulterior motive or the other. I don't think you can even begin to fathom the courage it has taken to pull the rug from underneath the cabal.

Its hard to understand how people can fight somebody that is helping them.

wow! this is a really warped statement. Jonathan swore to protect the interest of Nigeria; so he was only doing his job. Do you want us to give him a standing ovation for revealing a phantom Cabal?

The oil subsidy game was unraveling and he had to do something to protect Allison Madueke and his PDP gang. There are no Cabals. His buddies in the PDP & Madueke were almost caught with their hands in the oil subsidy cookie jar.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by lastpage: 6:39pm On Jan 16, 2012
@engineered
Quote from: camry-2008 on Today at 09:46:48 AM
@ Engineerd, first time of seeing a reasonable post frm u, keep it up, u are improving (Dont mean to Insult)
LOL, no offense taken, abi? Young shall grow!
What a pity, "Another one bites the Dust"! sad sad

Like the Yorubas would say: Ko s'oskaka, ko s'oshoko; Ko'gbona, K'otutu, ija l'onda lee! (Neither here nor there, literally!) cry
No offense sha. wink wink

Lastpage!
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by lastpage: 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2012
@LeoMax
NLC disagrees and says, Strike continues but street protest has been stopped to allow for negotiation
OutLaws, led by Seun, a social miscreant, the son of the AIDS killed, igbo smoking, fatally womanizing Fela vows to continue the protest against the decision of the NLC/TUC and other legally instituted bodies.
Seun Fela is a nobody and needs to be arrested and jailed to civil disobedience. May be he thinks any enlightened human being buys indian hemps records.

I dont smoke hemp, neither Cigars not take any alcohol as a 'personal choice" but l listen to "Fela Abami Eda Anikulapo Kuti" and his "preachings" have been inspiring, over the generations.

If there is any Nigerian, dead that is most quoted today, IT IS FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI!

Despite his randiness and Igbo-smoking, He gave us "Army Arrangement", He gave us "Suffering and Smilling", He gave us "International Thief-Thief" and so many "Prophetical Analysis" of current and future Social Events so much so that some are wondering whether he was a not a Prophet in Disguise!

I can bet anyone that not even the modern day MOG's have predicted future events in Nigeria, as accurately and succinctly as he did, more than 30yrs before the internet and "fake Miracles" gained ground!   JUST ARGUE THAT PLEASE?

Fela is not only revered in Nigeria but all over the world. Yes, Google him please.

He never benefited a penny from the looting spree that has become "leadership in Nigeria" not the complacent ignoramus that have become the hallmark of ill-educated Youths like yourself thus, l am not surprised that those that came from his lions (Seun, Femi, e.t.c) inherited the "Genes" to fight oppression and crass-corruption!
Like father, Like Son, is very apt in this case.

For you to have uttered those words in quote, on FELA shows a lot about YOU, your Age, your background and your Pedigree!
Maybe l am wrong, l like so many others who read this, need to be re-educated?

[size=14pt]
PLEASE TELL US HERE, as you have told us about Seun's father (FELA), WHO YOUR OWN FATHER IS/WAS.
[/size]

Who knew him, what he stood for and his place in Nigerian nay, World History.
His laurels, both locally and internationally.

At least we know Fela's Mum was the first woman to drive a car in this country.
We know the Beko's, Femi, e.t.c of this world.
We know the Kuti family so much they dont need any introduction.

Let us know YOUR OWN FAMILY AND WHAT THEY STOOD FOR/ACHIEVED or forever use your mouth to scoop chicken-poo!

Lastpage.

BTW: Dont turn this request into "an insult match", that is not what it is.
It is a simple request to know who you are and what your family name stands for, to justify those words that you uttered.
Please comply.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by malali: 7:27pm On Jan 16, 2012
lastpage:

@LeoMax
I dont smoke hemp, neither Cigars not take any alcohol as a 'personal choice" but l listen to "Fela Abami Eda Anikulapo Kuti" and his "preachings" have been inspiring, over the generations.

If there is any Nigerian, dead that is most quoted today, IT IS FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI!

Despite his randiness and Igbo-smoking, He gave us "Army Arrangement", He gave us "Suffering and Smilling", He gave us "International Thief-Thief" and so many "Prophetical Analysis" of current and future Social Events so much so that some are wondering whether he was a not a Prophet in Disguise!

I can bet anyone that not even the modern day MOG's have predicted future events in Nigeria, as accurately and succinctly as he did, more than 30yrs before the internet and "fake Miracles" gained ground!   JUST ARGUE THAT PLEASE?

Fela is not only revered in Nigeria but all over the world. Yes, Google him please.

He never benefited a penny from the looting spree that has become "leadership in Nigeria" not the complacent ignoramus that have become the hallmark of ill-educated Youths like yourself thus, l am not surprised that those that came from his lions (Seun, Femi, e.t.c) inherited the "Genes" to fight oppression and crass-corruption!
Like father, Like Son, is very apt in this case.

For you to have uttered those words in quote, on FELA shows a lot about YOU, your Age, your background and your Pedigree!
Maybe l am wrong, l like so many others who read this, need to be re-educated?

[size=14pt]
PLEASE TELL US HERE, as you have told us about Seun's father (FELA), WHO YOUR OWN FATHER IS/WAS.
[/size]

Who knew him, what he stood for and his place in Nigerian nay, World History.
His laurels, both locally and internationally.

At least we know Fela's Mum was the first woman to drive a car in this country.
We know the Beko's, Femi, e.t.c of this world.
We know the Kuti family so much they dont need any introduction.

Let us know YOUR OWN FAMILY AND WHAT THEY STOOD FOR/ACHIEVED or forever use your mouth to scoop chicken-poo!

Lastpage.

BTW: Dont turn this request into "an insult match" that is no what it is.
It is a simple request to know who you are and what your family name stands for, to justify those words that you uttered.
Please comply.

GBAM!!!!!!
@LEOMAX, NA WHO BE YOUR PAPA!!!!
ABI YOU BE BAS TARD!!!
WHO BE YOUR FAMILY,
YOU DEY INSULT FELA AND HIM PRODIGY
ABEG WHO BE YOUR PAPA?
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by DonADESIDA(m): 8:45pm On Jan 16, 2012
How I wish that Fela is still alive to witness this.
Re: President Jonathan Approves N97/Litre As The New Pump Price For Petrol by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 17, 2012
Until we protest for the MAIN things, nothing go change. angry with corruption as the order of the day? we had better started placing our priorities straight in this country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader / Biafra: Asari Dokubo Blasts Nnamdi Kanu / Security Intervenes As Fan Rushes At Atiku In Gombe (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.