Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,859 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Mothers I Need Ur Advice - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers I Need Ur Advice (39324 Views)

To The Mothers,I need help o. / Dear Mothers, I Need Your Help / I Urgently Need Ur Advice On My Husband And His Ex-girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by bigbumper(f): 6:20am On Jan 20, 2012
armyofone:

I have a small chip in here. worked in the hosp so hopefully my little chip in helps.
hydrocotisone should be use with doctors prescription only. the med has chemical that may leave marks on your baby skin if use for long period of time. I have seen babies with such result from hydrocotisone in the pediatrics. unless her pediatrician prescribes it, pls stay away from buying and using it yourself.

get Cetaphil. hopefully they have it in nig. if they have KFC, why not wink it's the best of the best. those rash may possibly be baby eczema and cetaphil is superb and doctor's favorite when it comes to baby eczema/rash. corti something are good but ONLY with doc prescription telling you how to use/limited use like ''use for 1week and then stop''.

I now use Cetaphil for my overly sensitive skin. good for baby eczema which shows itself as dry rash in babies, allergen, dry skin and itchy dry skin etc.

You are quite right here, the only ONE time I was prescribed hydrocortisone for my rugrat's dry skin, I was strictly told to wear gloves before administering it, so naturally when I got home, it went in the bin grin Dokita say make I sparingly rub something for pickin body but make I wear protection, ogini say whaaaat shocked So I ended up buying Aveeno oil and aveeno lotion.

armyofone:

You can try Jenny's Aveeno for babies. make sure it is fragrance free. mosturize frequently and richly.

angry It is not Jenny's it is mine angry

Err. . . Na wetin be aveeno sef tongue

@OP

If you have time, stay away from everything that contains SLS and also check for their PH content level, or better yet stick to any of those aforementioned products up here but make sure they have the prefix "baby" in the title, they are there for a reason. And I am not talking stuffs like "baby Makari" oh, mba, stick to baby products you can only buy in Authentic Pharmacies.
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 20, 2012
. . . .als
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by tessybaby(f): 9:41am On Jan 20, 2012
thanx ileobatojo

@big bumper
are you saying baby makari is not good coz someone recommended
dat to me.
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 20, 2012
Hydrocortisone Cream is a steroid, please if you are using it on your baby use it twice a day for 7days only,  I wouldn't  recommend using it for a long period of time. if you use it for a long period of time, the skin gets used to it and if you decide to stop using it, the rash is likely to come back and then you go back to it again,at the end of the day your child(amongst other side effects) Can end up with spider veins, it can also cause thinning of the skin.  Please look for a very weak topical steroids and also avoid using it close to your baby's mouth or eyes.

If you still insist on using steroids you can get an over the counter 0.5% or 1% hydrocortisone you don't need prescription for that I'm sure. It's got lower strengths.

BB Egbe enu'e dake.  angry
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by tessybaby(f): 3:45pm On Jan 20, 2012
how much does Aveeno baby cost?

1 Like

Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by agiboma(f): 5:30pm On Jan 20, 2012
I am not sure where you are but i buy it in Canada 900ml for 15.99 or 500mg for 9.99, i get mine at Shoppers drug Mart
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by tessybaby(f): 9:13am On Jan 23, 2012
I am based in Cameroon
i have searched almost every cosmetic shop and pharmacy for
Aveeno baby products to no avail. we have mostly french products here
and at times it's frustrating.
i wish i could get someone who could buy and send to me here (i cover all cost)
I have read so much positive reviews about these products and i beleive it would
help my daughter
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 23, 2012
Awww, I live in Australia, too far. Sorry. They might have it in Nigeria, ask agigboma

1 Like

Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by tessybaby(f): 8:10am On Jan 31, 2012
For two days i have not had a sound sleep
my daughter gets up at the middle of the night,
scratching her body and crying.
I feel sooo guilty for not being able to help her.
I am seeing a dermatologist again today
Being pregnant and not having enough sleep
is disastrous as i feel sick this morning.

I couldn't find AVeeno baby products in this damn country
am now looking for someone to buy abroad and send to me coz i also intend using it on my unborn baby
to avoid the same problem my daughter is facing.
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by tessybaby(f): 7:54am On Feb 02, 2012
Hi ladies

i finally went to a shop that sells Aveeno but they don't have for babies
they have just Aveeno Moisturizer (i think it's for adults)
would dis be too harsh for my 1 year 6months child?
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2012
It should be fine to use it.

I’m curious to know your dermatologist recommendations when you saw her a few days ago.
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by agiboma(f): 9:16am On Feb 03, 2012
Aveno is very gentle so i dont think it would be to harsh, my son is the same age and I would use adult Aveno on him without any worries
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by tessybaby(f): 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2012
UPDATE:

Since i couldn't find Aveeno as recommended by
some mothers here, a friend of mine sent me Johnsons baby lotion from the UK
and dats what i've been using
i rub her atleast 3 times a day and richly to keep
her body moisturized all day

The effect of this has been so amazing on her
Her skin has started glowing back to her original fair colour
the rashes has disappeared and the itches has reduced to
only when she is feeling heat

Thanx to all of you who contirbuted, ur comments really helped
and i want other mothers with the same problem to visit this thread.
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by armyofone(m): 6:30pm On Mar 06, 2012
wow! I can't believe it that Johnson and Johnson products are not available in nigeria.

well, ask your friend to continue sending you more. because you just have to keep up to avoid flare ups. your baby will grow out of it much later, some don't. but keep up with the J&J products. she can send you the soap too if possible.
i have eczema myself and i have to keep mosturizing. the itch is not funny when i don't.
stay well.
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by blank(f): 7:11pm On Mar 06, 2012
Johnson and Johnson is very much available.
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by IsabellaC: 7:40pm On Mar 06, 2012
Hello,

my son (3 yrs now) was having the same problem. I started using simple baby-oil, without any perfume inside, it is very mild and helped. I use it on daily routine.

This hydro[b]cortisone [/b]you mentioned, i would not use it except in emergency. Cortisone is a HORMONE and it changes your bodysystem, check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortisone
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by gunuvi(m): 10:28am On Mar 27, 2012
We are a coconut oil manufacturing company based in Badagry, Lagos. We produce edible coconut oils for personal and commercial use. We have also started delivery services of the coconut oil to anywhere, anytime in Lagos at a very moderate fee. We supply in the range of 10lts, 15lts, 20lts, 25,ltrs, 30ltrs and so on, any quantity you want, we have it! well prepared, great quality and proudly Naija!!!

We also supply coconuts in large quantity nationwide.

If you are interested in buying, call Femi on 07026015480, 08181501477
We supply withing 48 hours of booking to your doorstep!!!

try it today for your hair growth and you will be amazed!
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by gunuvi(m): 3:00pm On Mar 31, 2012
Sorry for the mistake. We sell 10ltrs for N9000. 25ltrs for 21000. 50ltrs sell for 40000. 100ltrs goes for 78,000.
I thought our prices were included in my last comment.
make your order for pure virgin coconut oil today...
call 07026015480.
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by mogunremi: 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2012
My daughter had very bad eczema as a baby and we went through cream after cream. Finally got so bad and infected ended up in hospital where she saw a dermo who prescribed her Eumovate( a steroid cream which is stronger than Hydrocort). It was the only thing that helped and has finally cleared it up. We even went as strong as Elecon on some occasions when it got really bad.
Dermos advice was to get it under control and yes it is strong stuff but it wouldnt harm in the lont term and some steroid cream is far better than horrid infected eczema.
But I'm in the UK wink
She also had allergies and still has to some along with asthma attacks but she is is steadily growing out of these.

Epiderm is another good one as is oilatum if it is not too bad.

1 Like

Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by tessybaby(f): 1:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
UPDATE

My second daughter (2 months old) has started
showing signs of eczema too.
but guess what am well prepared now coz i understand
the situation now better (from my older daughter)
i have started using Aveeno moisturizer richly and often
on her.
i remember the dermatologist warned me most or all my
kids are likely to have this problem.
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by camrygmail: 10:40am On Jun 26, 2013
My 7 month old has atopic eczema and I feel sorry for her when she starts itching . We have tried Shea butter, coconut oil,aquaphor, aveeno,Vaseline and cerave.

It has gotten a lot better over the months and we are now only dealing with reoccurring patcheson her thighs , knees, elbows and stomach.

Here is how we have gotten it under control so far
We changed here laundry soap to All free and clear( we were using dreft and if was bad for her skin) , use cerave hydrating cleanserfor her bath soap and we use cerave moisturizing cream. We also use hydrocortisone for the patches and to help stop the itching

I am still trying to figure out what triggers the reoccurring patches and I have learnt that applying cream to her body as often as possible has helped.

I hope this helps some one else outthere.

I may give tetmosol a try when she is older.
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by ukchy: 1:22pm On Jun 27, 2013
Use aqueous soap.(Elizabeth Ann)..It works like magic,you can buy it in shop rite or any good pharmacy stores..It is saint less,you can use it to bath the baby and also use it as his/her cream.You will come back and give testimony..It is good for dry skin and also reduces rash in babies. Don't use any other cream when using it,a friend recommend it for me when i complain of my baby dry skin and rashes,now her skin is as smooth as tomato JOS wink
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by ukchy: 1:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
Use aqueous soap.(Elizabeth Ann)..It works like magic,you can buy it in shop rite or any good pharmacy stores..It is saint less,you can use it to bath the baby and also use it as his/her cream.You will i use a friend recommend it for me when i complain of my baby dry skin and rashes,now her skin is as smooth as tomato JOS wink
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by Pretty4ril: 2:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
What do I use for dandruff on kids hair. My 3 yrs old daughter always have dandruff on her head a day or two anytime they finish making her hair (sometimes I use cotton wool deep it into meteleted spirit and clean) i don't like seeing it on her hair honestly and I don't want my 1yr to be having it too.Again they hv tick full hair which doesn't look neat after making it what do I do cos I don't want to start relaxing their hair this early.
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by margaree: 11:52pm On Dec 22, 2014
Hello nairalanders.
I'm new here and I actually joined because of the challenge I have with my son's skin...my son has CMA- cow milk allergy- which caused him to develop a rash that thickened his skin right from the 2nd day of his birth. I didn't know it was CMA so I changed from Johnsons to Aveeno. It improved but after a while, it went back to the way it was and became even worse and very dry. I took him to the hospital and the doctors gave me ketacanozole cream which I used but it only cleared his face. I did a research on the internet and came up with baby tribotan. The baby tribotan cleared up the rash but it left his skin very dry, wrinkly and also multicolored- he's dark but now some areas like his elbow, knees, back, ankle area down to his toes are darker.
Please what can I do to make my baby's skin whole again?
Thanks very much for your help.
PS: I stopped every form of milk so rash is no longer the problem.
Re: Mothers I Need Ur Advice by ptoall: 12:31pm On Dec 23, 2014
The good old Ori ( Shear butter) is very good for children skin. try it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What A Father Told His Daughter A-day Before Her Wedding - Read / Family Palava, Is She Right In Filing For A Divorce or Wrong? (Photo) / Missing Person ( Woman 91)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.