Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,020 members, 7,814,490 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? (7098 Views)

Are Gay Men Better Dressers Than Straight Men? / VIDEO: Girl Stripped, Harassed In Public For Wearing Skimpy Dress In Abuja / What Do Hair Dressers Do That Really Annoy You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by finemocha(f): 11:41pm On Oct 12, 2007
BULL SHIT

I DONT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH DRESSING SKIMPLY, JUST DO IT IN THE RIGHT PLACE. IF U ARE GOING TO A CLUB OR PARTY YEAH U CAN DRESS SKIMPLY, HAVE FUN. IF U ARE GOING OUT WITH UR GIRLFRIENDS, U CAN SHOW SOME CLEAVAGE OR SEXY LEGS NO PROBLEM THERE. ME I HAVE LOVELY LEGS, SO I WEAR MINI SWEATER DRESSES WITH HIGH HEELS OR KNEE HIGH BOOTS. I LOOK GREAT IN IT, AND WHO EVER SAID THAT DRESSING SEXILY DOES NOT ATTRACT THE RIGHT GUYS IS A slowpoke. KEEP DECEIVEING URSELF. THE SAME WAY A GUY DRESSED NICELY ATTRACTS ME, IT GOES BOTH WAYS.

HOW THEN DO U EXPLAIN THE GIRLS WHO DONT DRESS SEXILY WHO ARE DATING USELESS MEN HMMMMM. ONLY STUPID MEN ADDRESS WOMEN BY THE WAY THEY DRESS. ONCE I WAS IN THE CLUB AND THIS STUPID WHITE BOY TOUCHED MY LOWER BACK, I TURNED AROUND GRABBED AND TWISTED HIS FINGERS SOOOOO HARD THE BOY WAS DUMBFOUNDED. NEEDLESS TO SAY HIS FREINDS DIDNT DARE APPROACHE ME THE REST OF THE NIGHT. HOW U CARRY YOURSELF MATTERS MORE THAN ANYTHING ON THIS PLANET. AFTER ALL U HAVE UNDERCOVER ASHAWOS.

A GIRL DRESSING SEXILY DOES NOT JUSTIFY A STUPID MAN'S REMARKS OR GESTURES. SO KEEP UR HEAD UP HIGH, IF U HAVE IT FLAUNT IT IN THE RIGHT PLACE, AT THE RIGHT TIME AND ONCE ONE MAN REALIZES THAT U ARE A LOOK BUT DONT TOUCH KIND OF GIRL, THE OTHER ONES WILL BE A LOT MORE CAREFUL AROUND U.
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by jemela: 12:21am On Oct 13, 2007
I personally love good clothes but when it comes to showing skin then its  improper dressing and will definitely be in the list of trash dressers on E!

In lagos the other day i saw a lady wearing a low cut jeans so low it  was disgusting to the eyes,ladies lets keep our dressing lovable and decent at the same time.
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by remedies4a(m): 9:17am On Oct 13, 2007
@ finemocha

Am so sorry 4 u; how can u wear what is exposing and expect a guy in a night club to see and not to touch? u succeeded in twisting his finger in the club, but can u twist the fingers of area boys dat are seduced by ur indecent dressing?

girls, if u think flaunting what you have (in quote) is good, then be confident in it and stop trying to adjust it in public places.
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by Ivvie: 12:07pm On Oct 13, 2007
There is no such thing as being sexy or dressing sexy. What a girl has is what other girls have, thus being equal. It is called seduction - in other words, a sunken state of mind. Let black be black and white be white and not deceive yourself hollering grey.
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by Ifeniyi22(m): 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2007
lol
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by Adaugo01(f): 3:37pm On Oct 13, 2007
@Ivvie, not all girls oooo abeg
cos i'll never be caught dead in any of those kinds of clothes,
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by Ivvie: 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2007
Adaugo01:

@Ivvie, not all girls oooo abeg
because i'll never be caught dead in any of those kinds of clothes,

Most def' we'll always have one or two odd balls but the vast majority is considered "all girls."  For instance, carefully read post # 33.  How do you justify that against this thread?  I'm not judging anyone, it's the reality in life.  There is a saying in Louisiana, "all girls are hoes until proven otherwise."  Not like the girls don't know, as a matter of fact, some find security in that statement because of the sense of "class" associated to it. 

You can hardly go down the street without seeing a girl that doesn't fit the dictionary's description of a harlot.  There aren't dressed scantily because they aren't matured but because of the attention they crave towards themselves.  They'll also put a mean look on their faces.  It's all a front.
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by ifyalways(f): 4:47pm On Oct 13, 2007
Team modesty.
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by mekoyo(m): 5:05pm On Oct 13, 2007
Na the cop-copy wan kill us o oga seun.

accept it or leave it,ANY girl that dresses semi nude or nude on the street is suffering from inferioirity complex.she feels the only way to draw attention to herself is by dressing loudly.decency in everything we do matters

make sense
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by ifyalways(f): 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2007
thanks mekoyo
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by oluite(f): 6:35pm On Oct 13, 2007
feed ur eyes if u com across them, pple!
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 13, 2007
This topic never die yet?
the prognosis is simple: "Skin is good! Show me more skin! adjust if you want, but as long as I still get to see skin. Case closed."
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by finemocha(f): 12:19am On Oct 14, 2007
you guys must all be high

no matter what, girls are always going to dress sexy, and for all u fashionable challenged individuals there is a diff between sexy and slutty, wearing a bebe silk suit that is body fitting with just a slight view of cleavage to your office is sexy, wearing a mini mini dress to a club is slutty, but guess whta, it is the right place to wear those things.  i don't wear my club clothes on the street adn then my suits or scrubs to the club. ho ha.  like the thread says wear it with confidence, and i add wear it with style.  i might be vain so i enjoy the way i look in the mirror when i wear those outfits.  HEck the same reasons y guys kill themselves at the gym to look good for us ladies, and wear those tight shirts for our viewing pleasure.  NO person in their right mind goes to clubs to meet their significant other, so if i wear an attire and dance wiht the guy on the dance floor, im not expecting to hook up iwth him as a boyfriend tomorrow.   i assume he is a freak hence y he dances that way, and im sure he is hoping for something more with me, which if he is he is wasting his time.

And yes though all girls technically have vaginas and breasts, some are just naturally sexier than the others.  We arent all the same, if we were, girls wouldnt wear makeup or push up bras.
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by comechop(m): 12:53am On Oct 14, 2007
Finemocha, i'm curious to know what kind of guy you are after. I mean clubbing with your skimpy dresses, i'm sure you'll get a man thats after your brains, with great character and integrity. Oh but wait, u never said thats what you were after.
You girls dont know how cheap it is when you have seen pretty much everything there is to see, even before anything happens. I mean if I have a woman that dresses decently and not skimply, then the suprise in the bedroom would even be muchos bettas!
There is fashionable dressing with slight showing of some skin that is just HOT. But when you grls overdo it and think its sexy, think again.
and uhm keep wearing those tight shorts for the guys in the gym. Your whole life and relationships are based purely on the physical. How shallow. Gosh girls like that border on disguting. I need a girl to intellectually stimulate me, not just by her legs. Now thats HOT.
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by redsun(m): 11:11am On Oct 14, 2007
Dressing like every other thing is awareness,based one's understanding,some are born to create while some are born to copy blindly.Fashion is in-born,it comes from within,it should be what you create,what you want,not somebody's imagination, you will never understand it,just like religion.
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by finemocha(f): 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2007
lolol Comechop

u be mumu. For ur information, i have a boyfriend, both him and I are in med school, and we dont go to clubs together. when i go to a club i go to have a good time, to enjoy myself and to dress as provocatively as i wish. The funny thing is that i have never left a club with a man before, of course they try to holla but like i said i dont go there to find men, unlike some naija babes. CLubbing as a whole is a rather flirty thing, so i figure if im going to go to one i do it right. i mean i have met some class mates in the clubs before we danced, chatted and went our separate ways. later on the week we see in the lab or in class and respect each other ho ha. clearly u people in nigeria go to clubs for different reasons, only, there is a sayin here in the south, dont date any man u meet in the club, because of cause he is hoping to bone u silly. to my knowledge if u see a woman leaving a club wiht a man she is just hoping ot get laid and get out not to meet her future husband. But like i said, clearly u folks in naija are going to clubs for very different reasons.

the funny thing is all those boys that are looking at the legs and the cleavage, wont even touch it in the end. So no matter how cheap they think u are, once they approach u and u turn them down flat. they go their own way, and to redeem their egos they try to rationalize it. oh oh she is cheap, i wouldnt even want that anyway because i have seen it all. BULLSHIT.
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by Mustay(m): 10:28pm On Oct 14, 2007
finemocha:

lolol Comechop

u be mumu. For your information, i have a boyfriend, both him and I are in med school, and we don't go to clubs together. when i go to a club i go to have a good time, to enjoy myself and to dress as provocatively as i wish. The funny thing is that i have never left a club with a man before, of course they try to holla but like i said i don't go there to find men, unlike some naija babes. CLubbing as a whole is a rather flirty thing, so i figure if im going to go to one i do it right. i mean i have met some class mates in the clubs before we danced, chatted and went our separate ways. later on the week we see in the lab or in class and respect each other ho ha. clearly u people in nigeria go to clubs for different reasons, only, there is a sayin here in the south, don't date any man u meet in the club, because of cause he is hoping to bone u silly. to my knowledge if u see a woman leaving a club wiht a man she is just hoping ot get laid and get out not to meet her future husband. But like i said, clearly u folks in naija are going to clubs for very different reasons.

the funny thing is all those boys that are looking at the legs and the cleavage, wont even touch it in the end. So no matter how cheap they think u are, once they approach u and u turn them down flat. they go their own way, and to redeem their egos they try to rationalize it. oh oh she is cheap, i wouldnt even want that anyway because i have seen it all. BULLSHIT.

Nigerians will always be Nigerians even if they try to form Class 1 among their fellows.

So for abroad too the guys don't touch too abi?

Na metropolitan police go dey guard club she?

Anyway, the white man that encouraged us to wear clothes are the same doing the obverse.

In NAIJA we shouldn't lose our culture so fast; go and ask Funmi Iyanda how it is 2 dress 'half-skimpily' and she'll tell u what the naija police will tell u when heading ome
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by graxell: 11:29pm On Oct 14, 2007
Yeah there much ladies in my area who dress like that. Which is bad
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by finemocha(f): 1:17am On Oct 15, 2007
when i said touch i mean take u home and Bleep u. they can look all they want but a smart girl knows better than to go into a club hoping to meet mister right. vise versa for men too. You all make it seem that girls in nigeria walk around the streets in their club clothes, i mean im coming home this december adn whenever im there when we are going out we are in cars majority of the time. whether we are going to a party or a club. hmm maybe things have really really changed in abuja. yeah i know chicks do that in Lagos but i dotn live there anymroe so i really dotn know.

the whole point of htis silly discussion is this. I feel that girls should wear certain clothes in certain environments. if u are in a party or club, and u want to dresss sluttacious then bleeping do it. if u are on teh street and u are goin to a club and u dont have a car, then get a long cotton dress, put it on over ur sluttacious out fit, and when u get to teh club, remove it and fold up the dress and place it in your hand bag. finito.
i fu are in your an office, then wear a freaking suit. no minis maybe a little cleavage, but only i fu work in an advertising agency or somehting. never in a doc's office or law firm.

i guess im just sick of these stupid nigerian men who are so bleeping hypocritical. you sit there and yap about girls dressing skimply and how its unattractive, like they are chasing u in the first place, nad clearly it mus tbe working for them because if not they wouldnt be doing it. You guys will go to the gym and spend hours working out, just to impress some chick, u are basically doign the same shit that the girls do. so keep ur stupid archaic thoughts to yoruself, because it is making me freaking sick.

to make a long story short, if u cant wear skimpy outfits to the club then where the Bleep are u suppsoed to wear it to morons. geez get a llife anyway u all can talk like that u all are in nigeria, just dont leave that continent with that stupid thought.

You girls don't know how cheap it is when you have seen pretty much everything there is to see, even before anything happens. I mean if I have a woman that dresses decently and not skimply, then the suprise in the bedroom would even be muchos bettas!

BULL SHIT. when we are at the beach or at the pool we wear bikinis,so y should we be worried about showing a little cleavage in the club. plus after u have had fun with ur decently dressed girlfriend, u turn around and chase the scantily dressed chicks in the clubs , hoping to lay them, because guess what, u noticed and are turned on by their outfits. But u know what, if any of those girls are like me , you will go home with a boner. Because chicks like us are what the americans call a "Cock tease"
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by anongal: 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2007
2buff:

This topic never die yet?
the prognosis is simple: "Skin is good! Show me more skin! adjust if you want, but as long as I still get to see skin. Case closed."
Bless ya. i wear wat i want when i want all them brodas who cant handle it, 2 bad
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by finemocha(f): 2:04pm On Oct 15, 2007
@anongal

ditto, if they like let them, hit their heads on the wall.
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by Busta(f): 3:14pm On Oct 15, 2007
depends on ur definations of skimpy and how skimpy we talking about here.
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by Scopium: 7:41am On Oct 16, 2007
finemocha:

BULL SHIT. when we are at the beach or at the pool we wear bikinis,so y should we be worried about showing a little cleavage in the club.

You are defiinitely not getting the point missy. I don't care if you are naked I said be confident. Don't go pulling up your low waist jeans to cover your crack, tugging on here and there to cover the supposed sexy clevages when the eyes burn hole on them. Please finemocha go naked I don't care just don't try to cover your body with tarpaulin when you see us approach.
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by Scopium: 7:42am On Oct 16, 2007
If you know you got them goodies and you really want to flaunt it, if you know you got them goodies expose them confidently grin
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by uchetobi(f): 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2007
whatever
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by barikisu(f): 3:00pm On Oct 16, 2007
I don't think its anybody's business what anybody wears
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by prncss(f): 3:35pm On Oct 16, 2007
i think if you got it flaunat it and let all haters hate. Hatin them wont make them sexy it all springs out of jealousy and if you dont wanna see someone in a skimpy dress look the other way. Fashion is an opinion and we all have freedom of speech and opinion
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by VirtuousA(f): 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2007
Well Well Well, whether confident, shy, stupid, or , , there are some facts we cannot deny here.

1. It will be difficult to see a flawless society,
2. People have different and diverse upbringing, and
3. We cannot flush them out, no matter how much we and the society try.
The point and advice for men is to go for what you want. You choose to look and be cut up in the act or decide to ignore them (if you can) as though they do not exist. “Men are turned on by what they see as Women by what they hear” this I know but don’t allow everything you see to turn you on. You have the sense and power of WILL to handle things you want and those you don’t want. YOU DON”T EAT SHIT B/C YOU MERELY SAW THEM POSITIONED YOUR WAY. LEAVE THEM FOR DOGS.

As for those that think all girls are like that, I think they should circumcise their heart and eyes. Why in the world are you seeing only skimpy dressers and never modest dressers?
I beg a permission to say something on this quote
"all girls are hoes until proven otherwise."
that there is nothing to prove because those that are bent on “ PROVING” can never see those Unhoe or “hoe covered” girls to prove them. Honestly speaking you cannot find them because they are not for you. They are not hoes and definitely not what you are looking for, maybe you see them on the street and pass by.

SUGGESTION PLS
“These girls” dress the way they do bcus of Men and not for follow ladies. So it’s not our (ladies) problem but men’s. I believe men can find solution to that.
I suggest men should have a standard for such “girls” [b]maybe an alternative way to tell you love, admire, etc without them being skimpy. Or Stop going for and after such ill dressers as a way of passing along ur disapproval. (How difficult will that be?) Or that, whatever you know can work better, please do.

ASSIGNMENT
Believing we have a good number of Singles and potential parents in this forum, can we make a change in our own time by bringing up our children in God’s way, to fear God and respect their bodies as the temple of God? Digest this as you run into those skimpy dressers.

I really want to and can if God be my helper.
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by finemocha(f): 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2007
scopium

for ur infor im the lady who makes sure my cleavage is showing properly before i head out. y spend good money on those cleavage bras, just to cover up when i see u nigerian men, defeats the purpose doesnt it?
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by comechop(m): 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2007
finemocha.
lol you dey funny. So you dey med school and your bf dey med school, and so
Me sef i dey yankee and i dey med school, so that yarns no get grounds.
I'm just saying that i respect a woman that does not dress skimpily. Period.
and btw, where did you meet this your bobo? it wasnt in the club i presume. And I also presume that he was first attracted to your assests right? Cos you must hav flaunted some things for him fo sho. thats how to get a man these days.
True talk i taya for girls these days, so cheap. Its not hard at all these days to get a woman anymore.
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by wham(m): 9:41pm On Oct 16, 2007
Why are u guys disturbing the Fine Mocha!

Sebi she wan advertise. Una sabi am b4?

Una sabi im work?

Abeg make una free am!
Re: Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What? by debosky(m): 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2007
no one should attempt to force his/her own morality down the throat of another

you are free to express your personal opinion on this matter, but there is no obligation of any other person to accept your views

If Finemocha wants to dress in a certain way, its wholly her prerogative.

I personally do not subscribe to 'skimpy' dressing, but if someone else does that and it is displeasing to me, I avert my eyes or refuse to frequent the locations where I might be exposed to such. To each man his own.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corporate Wears For Men / Silka Papaya Soap Review / Online Shopping Best Sites To Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.