Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Any Attempt To Scam You? Please Share Your Story - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Any Attempt To Scam You? Please Share Your Story (828 Views)

Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos / 4 Types Of Scam You Should Beware Of This Ember Period / Have Someone Tried To Scam You? Post The Message Here. Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Any Attempt To Scam You? Please Share Your Story by biddybee: 9:35pm On Jan 16, 2012
It baffles me that people still engage in scams via phone calls. In recent times, I have had three encounters with strange people claiming to know me and having one thing or the other to offer me. I feel it is high time we bring these to the fore in order to alert unsuspecting & maybe gullible members of the public of the various formats they use.

Be kind enough to share your story. thanks
Re: Any Attempt To Scam You? Please Share Your Story by dulawo: 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
the danger that bedevil many people is the fact that they are gullible. it becomes funny indeed when someone you don't know call you up and pretend as if you are a long lost friend, we fall for this prank because we are not honest with ourselves. the basis is simple " when you are promised an exorbitant return for investing peanuts " who is now the scam; it is you who wanted to reap 1m for spending 50,000. same goes for telecom promo etc . i met some of them a while ago, they operated from a taxi and wanted me to believe that a box in the trunk of the car contains what they call "black paper" that needed some chemical to wash in order to turn into dollars, i knew it was a scam because paper money are printed like any other document although with a lot more security. the promise of turning me into a million overnight was overwhelming but i reasoned that if it were true they would have involved only their family members. when the offer is too good to be true beware.

(1) (Reply)

Need Safety Boots / Boutique Equipments And Manikins For Sale / Financial Assistance In A Convenient Manner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.