Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,892 members, 7,956,361 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:40 AM

Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage (3813 Views)

APC Replaces Oshiomhole As Head Of Committee To Conduct Bayelsa Guber Primary / APC Sets Up Committee To Monitor Buhari’s Compliance With Manifesto / Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by thenewsman: 1:26pm On Jan 17, 2012
The committee is made up of former members of the National Assembly, a legal adviser and a union member

The Minister of Petroleum, Diezani Allison-Madueke has set up a committee to speed up the passing of the Petroleum Industry Bill.

The bill, which if passed, will overhaul the oil industry, has been under negotiation for about four years.

Read More: http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/pib-diezani-sets-committee-speed-passage
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by efisher(m): 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2012
We need this bill passed like yesterday.
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by kokoA(m): 1:34pm On Jan 17, 2012
''Committees" are one of the major problems of Nigeria angry These people will be inaugurated, paid fat sitting allowances, drive in big jeeps (Purchased by Government), Live in government houses, eat government food, etc , at the end of the day they will come up with some hopeless "recommendations" which will be presented to the minister and then dumped in the dust-bin. I sorry for Nigeria cry
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by karlmax2: 1:36pm On Jan 17, 2012
TUC president peter esele is among the commitee members
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by kokoA(m): 1:40pm On Jan 17, 2012
^^^^^^
Now we know why the strike ended abruptly, I wonder what they will give the NLC guy Maybe, member SURE committee undecided
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by PapaBrowne(m): 2:27pm On Jan 17, 2012
kokoA:

''Committees" are one of the major problems of Nigeria angry These people will be inaugurated, paid fat sitting allowances, drive in big jeeps (Purchased by Government), Live in government houses, eat government food, etc , at the end of the day they will come up with some hopeless "recommendations" which will be presented to the minister and then dumped in the dust-bin. I sorry for Nigeria cry

Can you help me suggest one way in which the executive could speed up the passage of the bill which is in purvey of the legislative arm??
I want practical suggestion not the regular empty complaints!!
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by Korrection(m): 2:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
NA WAO, dem no fit pick people outside govt?? welll lets see what they have in mind, we are watching
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by dustydee: 3:02pm On Jan 17, 2012
I hope the version they have is the one that will benefit Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by ak47mann(m): 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2012
asap,
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by saintohia: 3:24pm On Jan 17, 2012
Please, any link to the version or how can I get the version they want to pass?
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by saintohia: 3:31pm On Jan 17, 2012
The most important thing is the PIB version they want to pass, that's the reason it wasn't passed for a long time.

How can we see the version?
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by Princek12(m): 3:33pm On Jan 17, 2012
If they have to set up a new committee comprised of new people just to speed up the passage of a bill, it makes you wonder what are the duties of our senators and congressmen.
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by Princek12(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Can you help me suggest one way in which the executive could speed up the passage of the bill which is in purvey of the legislative arm??
I want practical suggestion not the regular empty complaints!!

First of all, there is nothing wrong with setting up a committee. The problem here, however, is that the committee is comprised of third parties who are not elected officials. The members of the committee should have been selected from sitting senators and congressmen, and they should have expedited the passage of this bill, which is what they are paid to do. If you don't know, they are paid to discuss bills and pass them into laws, if possible. The committee may summon experts to help them explain complexities in the bill, if necessary.

Setting up committee comprising of third parties is a waste of government funds, as each member of the committee will want a fat salary, a maid, a jeep, a generator, diesel allowance, pounded yam allowance, ashy allowance, etc, just to pass a simple bill  that could have been passed my our elected congressmen and senators.
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by EkoIle1: 3:44pm On Jan 17, 2012
I bet these useless people st up committee to shittt inside toilet, Lazy and incompetent people can not do anything without committee and wasting money all over the place.

Next time people vote, they might as well vote for committee instead of these losers,
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by mohid(m): 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2012
The Oil majors are the main antagonists of the PIB and I have often wondered how Diezani (a Shell staff on Sabbatical) can be seen as the one to speed up its passage. Anytime we hear committee in these parts we know it’s another way of burying stuff in thick layers of govt. bureaucracy!
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2012
PIB; Have you guys been to the Shell Quarters behind Chevron Estate in the Lekki Peninsula axis ? You need to see how Oil workers live in Paradise with Petrodollars. I hope PIB brings transparency to the dark business deals that go on in the sector. Inside information states that Federal Government sees only one-third of what is exploited.
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by Aboluwarin: 5:58pm On Jan 17, 2012
Can anyone help to get taxforce in charge of petroleum number, the filling stations in our area sango and it's environment fail to return to 97 naira, they are still sell at the rate of 140
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by buemene(m): 7:11pm On Jan 17, 2012
So much noise, little or no action. Whatever happened to deadlines for gas flaring. now PIB, P.H Refiner, etc
Re: Pib: Diezani Sets Up Committee To Speed Up Passage by bujubarth: 12:59pm On Jan 18, 2012
I would like to beg Nigerian not to listen to NLC & TUC next time they call for strike, you can see how they used us to feather their hat. Who will go against corruption in Nigeria since NLC & TUC are now involved. Lets rise up and take our destiny in our hands

(1) (Reply)

Delta State SSG Honoured In Abuja / I'l Maim Infidels Over And Over Again If I Can- Extradited Nyanya Bomb Suspect. / The Victims Of Cameroon’s Horrific Breast Ironing Tradition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.