Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,664 members, 7,844,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Would Setting Up A Website Help Market A Business Venture? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Would Setting Up A Website Help Market A Business Venture? (661 Views)

6 Keys to Success in Setting Up Your Small Business / Brilliant Ways To Market A Business In Nigeria / Small Scale Business Venture That Can Fetch At Least N2000 Daily. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Setting Up A Website Help Market A Business Venture? by oada: 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2012
Hello wonderful people in Nairaland.

I want to discuss setting up website (mini or standard sites) for your business.

If you owned your own business giving services to meet people's needs or selling tangible goods, would you opt to get a website designed for you which would showcase your business?

In my opinion, I think its a good idea. Let's look at it this way, you have a man with a shop along a street, all he does is open his shop, sit there and wait for customers to come and buy and then you have another guy that has a shop, he opens his shop and also goes out of his way to tell people about his goods by word of mouth, going out to places he would find people he thinks would need his goods and letting them know. Which guy do u think would sell more, the second guy of course. Putting up a website will definitely widen your horizon, a lot of people will get to know about your business.

what do you think? would putting up a website help sales?
Re: Would Setting Up A Website Help Market A Business Venture? by Seun(m): 4:50pm On Jan 18, 2012
If your intended customers are web savvy, then it will help sales, if you update the website regularly, make it search engine friendly, and respond to email enquiries promptly.
Re: Would Setting Up A Website Help Market A Business Venture? by oada: 5:56pm On Jan 18, 2012
Thank you Seun, for that response. but i would like more info from you, what type of clients do u think are web savvy, for e.g someone running a school or someone running a beauty business? how do i determine the kind of business that has clients that are web savvy? please pardon me for asking too much, but information is king, it can change my life, would appreciate if u respond.
Re: Would Setting Up A Website Help Market A Business Venture? by Seun(m): 10:47am On Jan 19, 2012
For a school, parents abroad who want their children to attend a good boarding school in Nigeria.
For a beauty business, I can't say.

(1) (Reply)

Baby Business Idea / Invest In Authentic Real Estate In Abuja / Court Dismisses Suit Against Erastus Akingbola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.