Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,882 members, 7,841,306 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League (3315 Views)

Predict Todays English League For Free And Win / All Eyes On English Premier Leauge / All Time English League Table (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by A40(m): 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2007
Open another Screen name simple
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by eldee(m): 12:12pm On Oct 13, 2007
@arsenal haters
y'all know how we do it, we are the only team in england capable of building a totally new team every three years where are the unbeaten run class of 2004. we'll get two new teams before 2010
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by Iman3(m): 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2007
Once in a,Blatter,probably a victim of Jedi-Jedi,comes up with a hare brained idea to remind us that he is actually working in case we are doubtful.Obviously the idea won't come to fruition because of various legal,financial and political obtacles.

The idea will diminish the quality of many European Leagues.I guess Blatter,as FIFA President, has to think of the global game,not just Europe but it is debatable whether this measure would help countries in South America and Africa constantly hemorrhaging players.

The export of players,while detrimental to local leagues,has raised the standards for many national teams.The national team is after all zenith of football in any country.

In Europe,many clubs will struggle to compete-Someone pointed out that Shaktar Donestk won't be able to have beaten Celtic if they only had to depend on mostly Ukranian players.While there would be a general reduction in quality throughout Europe,the gap between the big footballing nations-Spain,Italy,Germany,France and England- and the rest would actually increase-clubs in Russia,Ukraine,Turkey,Scotland,Greece e.t.c just can't produce the players locally to compete.
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by dayokanu(m): 8:01pm On Oct 13, 2007
@ Dayokanu,
You are a bloody oaf.
How can u be so myopic in mentioning shitty clubs like Nurnberg, Cottbus and Karlsuhe?
You are very stupid for this misinformation because i can remember 6 foreign players STARTED the game against Nurnberg.
What is your own biz if Bayern plays Nurnberg and Karlsruhe? Those are the teams in Bundesliga and we have to play them in the course of a season. Man Utd played Everton, Wigan, Sunderland and Reading, I cant just think of what your problem is I am sure it is a medical condition probably Insanity. Real Madrid plays Recreativo and Gymnastic, Milan plays Siena and Catania so what exactly are you getting at?

Karlsruhe is second in Bundesliga presently and Nurnberg won the FA cup and is in UEFA cup. The games I highlighted were the most recent games played by both teams.

Clubs like Nurnberg, Cottbus, Karlsuhe are not better than Southend FC, Enyimba or Dolphins FC.
Lets stick to major German clubs and see how many players Bayern Munich fielded against STIFF oppositions.
Against Weder Bremen . . . . .Bayern played 7 foreign players including one sub.
Against Schalke 04 . . . . . . . . Bayern fielded 7 foreign players inclusing one sub.
Against Leverkusen . . . . . . . Bayern STARTED 7 foreign players.
Against Hamburg . . . . . . . . . Bayern played 7 foreign players including Jose Sosa(sub).
In the UEFA Cup game against Belenese . . . .7 foreign players played in BOTH LEGS with 7 foreigners starting in Belenese.
Vs Leverkusen 6 Germans played plus subs, against Schalke 6 germans played compare that to sorry United

From the stats above . . . . . Can u gimme one reason why Bayern wont GRIND to a halt should Sepp Blatter succeeds?
I have just established Bayern cannot function without the help of foreign players. 50% of your starting XI are foreigners so tape it shut!
Man utd vs Wigan 8 non English players started,
Besides that . . . . .How dare u mention Bayern Munich in the same breath as Man Utd or Arsenal?
Is your team SEEDED in Europe? Who gives a Bleep about history here? Whats your position on the UEFA team ranking?
Nottingham Forest have won the European cup TWICE . . . . .Does that make em better than Arsenal or Chelsea?
Your views are warped and u need to see a shrink.
Negro, your team is shyte and will suffer the same fate as Arsenal if the 6' + 5' rule comes into play.

As at the last time I checked Bayern has won twice as many UCL as Man Utd may be I got the info wrong kindly correct me with a more accurate one.
Have you heard of this that form is temporary and class is permanent that is why Real would take a 30 years leave and come back to win 3 in 5 years while Man Utd woud play year in year out and never play a final in 31 years. Who are the greatest players to ever play for Man Utd? George Best,Schmeichel, Cantona and Roy Keane and other nobodies in world football compare that to those that played for Bayern you have world footballers of the year and European footballer of the year Lotthar Matthaus and Jean Pierre Papin, go to the archives and see how many Bayern players you would see in top 3 european footballer of the year compare that to Man Utd.
Imagine a club with Gerd Muller, Franz Beckenbauer, Paul Breitner, Sepp Maier, Karlheinz Ruminnege, Oliver Kahn, Stefan Effenberg, Jurgen Klinsmann e.t.c surely man Utd would look like dwarfs
Grow up midgets!!! Man Utd and Bayern? Even Ferguson won't attempt that comparism.
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by McOmo(m): 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2007
Manchester United compared to Bayern Munchen ke ? shocked

sounds like comparing Enyimba to AL AHLY grin grin
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by debosky(m): 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2007
These comparisons are pointless. Platini has spoken on the matter, and the verdict is: EU law takes precedence over all this bollocks that Sepp has come up with again - the freedom of movement of workers is the number 1 law in the EU, whether it be soccer, medicine or swing dancing.
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by ritchboy(m): 10:56pm On Oct 13, 2007
Mc,
between man u and bayern,who is enyimba and who is al ahly?
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by McOmo(m): 12:19am On Oct 14, 2007
U need to come clear, whats ur question dude ?
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2007
Hey i think sepp blatter is a bit jealous bout european clubs and the fact that its gainin more glamour that the world cup.I mean looking at from an objective angle,with the kind of money UCL WINNER get and the fame.
Men e dey pain blatter but anyhow make him go use plaster!!! Rhymes
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by dayokanu(m): 6:55am On Oct 15, 2007
Man Utd = Enyimba and Bayern= Al-Ahly grin grin
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by tkb417(m): 10:06am On Oct 15, 2007
@Dayokanu
You are crazy.
Form is temporal and class is permanent Yes, i believe. I thank God its your f'ukcing club we beat to win our title.
I know it hurts. pele. Please, make sure you beat Bolton o when you guys play in the UEFA. (your contemporaries tongue)

Your team stink. Al Ahly wont play in any tourney that isnt as glamorous as the CAF champions league. Lets see if you'll win. If by stroke of luck, Liverpool is sent to that tourney, then oti pari for your club
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by loyika(m): 10:35am On Oct 15, 2007
But seriously though, anyone that compares Man United to Bayern, is just being bleeping biased. COMON GUYS WHAT NEXT, MAN UNITED COMPARED TO REAL M, GET REAL DUDES embarassed

Anyways, Blatter's Hair Brained idea(s) was dead long before he thought it up embarassed, It will not pass EU scrutiny (Now he wants to change the status of Football players, from Workers to Artist That guy is really a Prat).

Believe me, no ruling will take place, without Platini's say so. And the Eurolites will murder Platini if he toes the same line as Blatter, BELIEVE THAT!! cool

@ Jackal

For all your rants on Arsene tongue, doesn't change how others view the man, even SAF will be the first to tell you that Arsene's job is to produce the best team for Arsenal (With or with out English players).

And mind you, the cream of the recent England under 17 players came from the Arsenal Youth set up, so we aren't doing that badly. But my loyalty is to Arsenal and not England, and if my Gaffer feels the players he picks are good enough, so be it, after all look at Tottenham and their English Legion of Doom (Bent, Jenas, Robinson, Lennon and co), i doubt i would exchange places with them right now grin grin grin The Dumbo M Jol even prefers Berb and Keane over an English man Defoe, SO GO FIGURE HOMBRE

You mention Carrick and such, but Fergie just got Nani, Tevez and Anderson to beef up his squad, why didn't he buy Bent and get jenas like he got Carrick from the Spuds. Listen mate, its the quality of players that matter, and not the Passport, I mean imagine thinking of replacing Fabregas with Jemaine Jenas tongue

GOONER 89
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by dayokanu(m): 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2007
Your team stink. Al Ahly wont play in any tourney that isnt as glamorous as the CAF champions league. Lets see if you'll win

Those years that Zamalek and Ismaili were playing CAF champions league definitely Al Ahly was playing in lower tournaments.
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by tkb417(m): 1:43pm On Oct 15, 2007
@Dayokanu
Like those years United defeated Barcelona to win the UEFA Winners cup aight?
Get real dude. I will finish you if you start this with me.

@Loyika
We wont compare United with Bayern because we dont want to be biased but i think we wont compare Bayern with Liverpool also. You agree with me?
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by dayokanu(m): 3:27pm On Oct 15, 2007
Yeah TKB, Like I said earlier Man Utd has a poor head to head against powerhouse like Real Madrid, Ac Milan and bayern but have excellent head to head against Lille grin grin

Sure Liverpool is ahead of us in European terms Records don't lie. but Man Utd is far behind us because Man Utd 2 champions league times(X) 2 = Bayern's 4 Champions league.
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by loyika(m): 11:11am On Oct 16, 2007
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/article2658348.ece

This was such a funny article, i just had to link it grin grin

Like i said, BLATTER'S IDEA WILL NOT SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY IN EUROPE tongue tongue

tongue GOONER 89
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by HNIC(m): 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2007
@ jackal
Some of your diatribe at Monsieur Wenger are simply appalling.Is his loyalty to his employers or to the English game?Is it his fault that home grown talents like Sidwell,Bentley,etc decided to jump ship and couldn't bid their time.What was that analogy between Kanu and Henry?That AW helped Henry's confidence by giving him more play time in comparison to Kanu!!!.If Arsene combs Africa,Middle east and the rest of the world for talents, how does it concern you?Like the mancs haven't played chaps from Argentina,Korea,Trinidad and Tobago,Cameroun etc?.Please, leave AW alone, he wasn't employed by Arsenal to develop English talents.
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by folahann(m): 9:49pm On Oct 16, 2007
all some people want is the downfall of Arsenal and i don't think that will ever happen, Amen. SO all you enemies of gunners watch out b'cos there is more to come. We all know how wenger have breeding young talented footballers and making them world star, so be careful. It is better to be young and wise than to be old and foolish
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by dayokanu(m): 9:43am On Oct 17, 2007
Nobody wants the downfall of Arsenal but they are just looking at the prospect of European clubs if that policy should work. A lot of clubs would be affected. English and non English.

Man Utd can only play G. Neville, Brown, Ferdinand, Hargreaves, Scholes, carrick and Rooney. Arsenal probably Hoyte, Chelsea: terry, Lampard, SWP, J.Cole and A.Cole. Lpool: Caragher,

Gerrard, Pennant, Crouch even Barca : Valdes Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi, Real: Sergio Ramos, Raul and Cassilas. This would mean doomsday for a lot of them.

In this era Spanish would be the official language in Liverpool(Athletico Anfield) dressing room and French In Arsenal Olympique London. Confusio of tongues in Chelsea, Barca and real dressing room. Nowadays clubs find it difficult identifying with the host countries national team that explains why a lot of people supporting Arsenal would most likely support France because if Arsenal does well it would have more impact on the French team more than the English team. So with liverpool.
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by ritchboy(m): 10:10am On Oct 17, 2007
Blatter is insane.Simple.
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by tkb417(m): 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2007
Man Utd can only play G. Neville, Brown, Ferdinand, Hargreaves, Scholes, carrick and Rooney.
is this what you call only? this is good by all standards my guy
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by dayokanu(m): 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2007
Man Utd can only play G. Neville, Brown, Ferdinand, Hargreaves, Scholes, carrick and Rooney.
is this what you call only? this is good by all standards my guy

I am trying to say those are the English players available for selection in any competitive match knowing the not all of them can play together. Brown wont play as long as vidic is fit, I also doubt if Fergie would play Hargreaves, carrick and Scholes together
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by dayokanu(m): 7:19pm On Oct 17, 2007
This is what Blatter is talking about. Now the English national team is on the brink of elimination from Euro 2004. and the EPL is growing

Growth in the EPL is inversely proportional to English National team. Poor England while teams like Germany are qualifying with ease.
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by A40(m): 2:33am On Oct 18, 2007
Blatter is a plonker his dream would not come to pass
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by tkb417(m): 8:36am On Oct 18, 2007
@dayokanu
if France and Italy the world champions wont qualify, ill see reasons you'll adduce for not making it.
BULLSHIT
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by loyika(m): 10:43am On Oct 18, 2007
@ Dayokanu

Your reasoning is at best flawed, and at worst Stupid tongue

So what you are saying is that an English team consisting of Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard, Rio Ferdinand and co, didn't beat Russia, and might not qualify for the Euros because of foreign players like Mike Arteta, Cesc Fabregas, Nani and co is that your basic arguement

Like Tbk417 just said, If France or Italy do not qualify, who will you now blame it on. Togo did not qualify for the ACN, do we now blame it on Foreigners as well Nigeria did not qualify for the World Cup, i guess by your reasoning we should blame all the Ghanaians and co that play in our league Dayokanu you are behaving like a right prat, if i may say so. Like that Pr@ck Blatter, you really have nothing worthwhile to say tongue tongue

Once again i repeat, EURO LAWS WILL NOT LET BLATTER'S POLICY SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY!! And i can bet Platini will not even bring up that idea at UEFA, and if UEFA do not support it, FIFA can do Bleep all!!

tongue GOONER 89
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by dayokanu(m): 11:27am On Oct 18, 2007
What Blatter was saying was that with increasing number of foreigners in the leagues it is possible to have a strong league but a weak national team. If Blatters policy work,

It would limit the number of players travelling out, people like Fabregas, Nani, Henry and Zidane might be forced to play in their local leagues thereby making it stronger.

So Strong leagues would make strong countries. Not strong leagues and weak national teams like we have in England and Spain.

Your league's strenght would be a fair indication of the talents in your country. So talentless countries can't have strong leagues!!

@ Loyika I try as much as possible to avoid strong language on threads dont lets do it
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by loyika(m): 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2007
@ Dayokanu

i wasn't insulting you, I said you were behaving like a prat, i never said you were one

Now to tackle your statement, ok then so according to you England and Spain fail because of Foreigners taking over their leagues, Well if you use the Italian WC team, your analysis might have sense, if not only for the fact that France won the World Cup in 98, and 80% of their players didn't play in France, Brazil won the WC in 94 with a squad that played outside the shores of Brazil.

So if Italy won the WC with Homegrown players, France and Brazil have won it as well with out them, but i guess its at the detriment of England and Spain right Croatia is on the verge of Euro qualification, who is their top scorer again, oh yes; A FREAKING BRAZILLIAN BORN PLAYER!!

So now your logic would be that Spain and co suffer as a result of the South American influence, then i guess Milan, Fc Barca and Real M could have won the CL with out the influences of their foreign stars right This is a CATCH 22 situation.

For one Blatter's policy would never pass Euro scrutiny (And you know this). and he needs the support of UEFA which i doubt he would get, even if Platini bought the idea. Secondly, like i mentioned with Nigeria and Cameroon, who have had weak teams, who do you blame for that, FOREIGN INFLUENCE

A team is only as good as the players they have and the tactics they adopt. Portugal is on the rise due to a Brazillian WC winning coach, who has changed the ethos/nature of the team, England is faltering due to the inability of Steve maclaren to put forward a winning tactic for his players, has Bleep all to do with the league, Afterall there is the Championship and the lower leagues to pick players from.

And remember the top European clubs are planning to come together and form a "Super League", so then what will Blatter do, if they really want to push this

You are a Bayern supporter, and compared to England the ratio of foreigners in German clubs are low, but remind us all when last Germany did anything of note on the World stage (Hosting a WC has nothing to do with the topic grin). in the under 17 WC, Spain lost by pens to Nigeria, do you also want to blame it on foreign influence as well

Basically, as nice as Mr Blatter's intentions seem, they are flawed, and i repeat, WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY!!.

England are crap, cause their players play crappy when they wear the 3 Lions jersey, that my dear friend is a fact and has nothing to do with the league. The top teams in England presented players (Apart from Arsenal). So if Gerrard is brilliant for Liverpool, and Rooney is ok for Man United, how is it the fault of SAF and Benitez if they can't do the business for England Will Arsene be blamed that Togo did not make it to the ACN Will Harry Redknapp be blamed for Diop pulling out of games for Senegal

This whole thing stinks, and Blatter should just shove it up his Swiss A@@ tongue where it belongs tongue

tongue GOONER 89
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by tkb417(m): 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2007
And i hope this will make MR.DAYOKANU shut his trap about GERMANY Qualifying and England not doing so. grin
@Dayokanu
you too like wahala grin Were you deported from London way back grin grin
Germany you cant go, London you dont like, so wetin be your problems sef? Just kidding

Most likely it wont work. Even the starting XI of bayern has less than 5 nationals tongue
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2007
This goddam policy is going to cause a lot of disaster
imagine,club will begin to select the best foreign players
meaning players like kalou, eto, mikel even agahowa
will have to play in Nigeria's local league

dem go run down financially
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by dayokanu(m): 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2007
You are a Bayern supporter, and compared to England the ratio of foreigners in German clubs are low, but remind us all when last Germany did anything of note on the World stage (Hosting a WC has nothing to do with the topic

In the last 20 years germany won a world cup in 1990, got to the Euro cup final in 1992, Played world cup quarter final in 1994, won Euro cup in 1996, Played qfinal of world cup in

1998, Played word cup finals in 2002. and placed 3rd in the last world cup 2006. Can you compare any European country to this and see what you have I mean ANY European

country. All these feats they did with mainly players based in Germany.

Don't even try England because they would look like dwarfs.

France have a lot of talented players but because of the limited economic strenght of the French league the players go out and light up other leagues same with Brazil.

If Blatters proposition is to work then the quality of the french and Brazilian league would increase because pple like Zidane, Henry, Ronaldinho, Kaka might  stay at home.
Re: Blatter's Foreign Policy: Effect On English League by dayokanu(m): 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2007
Most likely it wont work. Even the starting XI of bayern has less than 5 nationals

Bayern has a pool of German players we can pick from: All our goalkeepers are German unlike United. Oliver Kahn, Michael rensing and Bernd dreher are all German

Outfield players: Phillip Lahm, Marcel Jansen, Christian Lell, Andreas Ottl, Jan Sclaudrauff, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Lukas Podolski, Miro Klose even Toni Kroos made.

subtitute appearance in the Bundesliga and the UEFA cup this season.

All those players above habe played in competitive games this season so I dont envisage any problem for Bayern

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The European Footballer Of The Year Award! / See What Will Happen On EPL At The End Of 2017/18 Seaon / Today's Game 100% Sure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.