Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll (3467 Views)

Distrust Brewing Between Buhari And Osibanjo / Distrust In The Camp of APC As Ngige and Tinubu Falls Apart / Tension, Distrust In Kafanchan Over Activities Of Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by thenewsman: 8:56am On Jan 19, 2012
Majority of the people questioned believe that the government is corrupt

A Gallup poll conducted among Nigerians has revealed that 94% of those questioned believe that the government is corrupt.

Perhaps this figure explains why Nigerians came out en masse to protest and show their displeasure when the federal government announced the removal of the fuel subsidy, around the time the contents of the 2012 budget revealed excessive amounts budgeted for frivolities.

According to the experts, Nigerians do not trust the government and so, disbelief the promises that the savings from the fuel subsidy would be used to create jobs and provide infrastructure.

The aftermath of the eight day strike that brought the country's economy to a halt is still being felt.

There are still long queues at filling stations and the soldiers deployed across the country by the government are still on the streets and the FG has said that they will not be returning to the barracks immediately.

Read More: http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/94-nigerians-distrust-government-poll
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 19, 2012
A Gallup poll is not credible in the first place.
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by Kx: 10:50am On Jan 19, 2012
LeoMax:

A Gallup poll is not credible in the first place.
I will agree with you to the extent that the result is actually 99% not 94%.
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by canuck(m): 10:50am On Jan 19, 2012
. . .And the remaining 6% make up the source of the mistrust: Govt and its croonies! LOL!

Wahala dey oh!

Next surveys should be President and NASS approval ratings. Those would be -2% and 1% respectively!
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by Mobinga: 10:53am On Jan 19, 2012
The problem Nigeria has is the 6% of people that voted in favour of the Government.

LeoMax:

A Gallup poll  is not credible in the first place.

Gallup is very credible. Stop your senseless and blind pro-GEJ propaganda on Nairaland.
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by LEXYLOV: 10:55am On Jan 19, 2012
I though it's 100% or the remaining 6% are those in the cabinet. Only some ethnic/religions buffoon Nigerians will still trust this fake administration.
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by GeneralGEJ: 10:56am On Jan 19, 2012
I am dictator  - who gives a shiitt - my cronies tell me the people love me  . In the last election i average votes of 99% from this useless country.
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by Phate07(m): 11:04am On Jan 19, 2012
I disagree. Not 94%, its 99%.
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by 77ken: 11:05am On Jan 19, 2012
Wrong monsiour make that 10000%
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by GeneralGEJ: 11:10am On Jan 19, 2012
Usual Noise makers - can you tell me what you dont like about government
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by archive(f): 11:12am On Jan 19, 2012
Phate07:

I disagree. Not 94%, its 99%.

THIS
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by millionbuc(m): 11:24am On Jan 19, 2012
Yes you are right, alot of Nigerians Do not trust the government.

No you are wrong it is not 94% but 100% of Nigerians, Yes that includes President Goodluck And his Family.

Remember he said on more auspicious event than the Armed forces remembrance day that his government has

been compromised. For him to be that scared, it means his highest officials are compromised. Him inclusive.

Otherwise how could a man like Ringim and Zakari Biu function with assignments of state importance.

See the gov't dirt i uncovered today,

http://5slate..com/2012/01/many-sins-of-zakari-biu-commissioner.html#axzz1jSqGs1Ow
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by Beaf: 11:27am On Jan 19, 2012
Nigerians have never trusted their governments and will never trust their governments until they actually learn to own a stake in their own destinies.
How many Nigerians understand how the system works? I'm sure its less than 3%.

Until the average person educates themselves about how the country works and recoils in horror, they would continue distrusting and not being able to do anything about it. The solution to the question of trust is embodied in two simple phrases:

[list]
[li]Total restructuring.[/li]
[li]True federalism.[/li]
[/list]

Until we tackle the above, we will keep running around aimlessly.
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by Akwasi(m): 11:27am On Jan 19, 2012
The remaining 6 percent are the politicians and family
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by maasoap(m): 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2012
I'm sure @Beaf and @LEOMAX are among the remaining 6%. Why you people couldn't understand that the people who are agitating are the ones who voted for GEJ in the first place? Why are you now seeing them as ethnically motivated people?
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by Akwasi(m): 12:11pm On Jan 19, 2012
On the other hand, I believe Nigerians are vexed with the government because of issues of unemployment. There are several jobs available when you start looking beyond the shores of Nigeria. If you need work, check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-849228.0.html
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by pato405(m): 12:20pm On Jan 19, 2012
more than 100% (the ones unborn inclusive)
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2012
Is Nigerian government a 'government' in the real sense of it? I see it to be more of an 'organization'
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by laCapri: 12:41pm On Jan 19, 2012
99.9% of Nigerians do not trust themselves not to talk of trusting others.
The emphasis should not be on the govt alone.
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by skydeexie(m): 12:56pm On Jan 19, 2012
Is there any Gallup Poll in Nigeria? Is everthing not guess work in this country? Forget about any poll.
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by Kobojunkie: 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2012
Considering the fact that only a couple of months ago, Jonathan Goodluck's approval rating was well in the 70's, it is a lie to now declare that Nigerians have never trusted their government.

To the question: Agree or disagree with the statement “Goodluck Jonathan is doing a good job as president of Nigeria”, 38.1 per cent said they “strongly agree”, while 34.9 per cent said “somewhat agree”, giving the president a positive score of 73 per cent.
On the negative side, 9.7 per cent said they “strongly disagree” and 8.2 per cent said they “somewhat disagree”, representing 17.9 per cent “disapproval” – while 9.1 per cent responded “don’t know” or “uncertain”.
The poll was conducted through face-to-face in-home interviews by trained Ipsos interviewers in the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) between January 25 and February 8, 2011.
www.goodluck.org.ng/media/news/jonathan-approval+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ZQIOMvFZCVAJ:www.goodluck.org.ng/media/news/jonathan-approval+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by okooyinbo(m): 1:08pm On Jan 19, 2012
la Capri:

99.9% of Nigerians do not trust themselves not to talk of trusting others.
The emphasis should not be on the govt alone.

Aburo, that is essentially the truth of the matter. Many Nigerians if not most are absolutely untrustworthy. It is not the Government alone. The society is ROTTEN and it started on a large scale with Babangida.
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 19, 2012
Never trust a man without shoes.
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by okooyinbo(m): 1:13pm On Jan 19, 2012
I am a fisherman my self. Trust me, I will make you not only a fisher of men, but also of women as it applies.
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by Ninapha(f): 1:40pm On Jan 19, 2012
94%? that means there is hope, i was thinking 100% well the good thing is, its good we dont trust them so that when they betray us we wont be taken unawares grin but sincerely, how much do we trust ourselves, children, business associates, friends and even spouse. Trust is a thing of choice as far as individual difference is in place.

1. I ask, Who is the govt? Do the govt trust the led either? A nation starts from the family and government from the home. Are we all guilt of untrustworthiness? How do we celebrate our yahoo-yahoo boys if they are our friends, our uncle-cousin- niece drug pushers once the money is there, Trust should not be mentioned in Nigeria untill we finish this fight. No one is good enough to wear the hat-Govt or masses!
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by afm4ever(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2012
99%
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by jamace(m): 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2012
Is Nigerian government a 'government' in the real sense of it? I see it to be more of an 'organization'
I see it as a disorganisation of the wealth God has given this nation.
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by ikmomen(m): 4:30pm On Jan 19, 2012
Mobinga:

The problem Nigeria has is the 6% of people that voted in favour of the Government.

Gallup is very credible. Stop your senseless and blind pro-GEJ propaganda on Nairaland.

[size=14pt]weather a gallup poll is credible or not, the truth is d results of this poll is what is obtainable in the society today [/size]
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by Yeske2(m): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2012
I think that poll is wrong, it should be in the boundary of 99.98-99.99%
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by juman(m): 7:49pm On Jan 19, 2012
, grin grin
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by Amalaaba: 1:36pm On Jan 20, 2012
Even Minister Okonjo-Iweala agreed that there is TRUST deficit between Government and citizens.

My problem is: can i do better in all honesty? If i get the opportunity, won't i do worse?

Corruption knows no tribe, colour or religion!

My own kobo.
Re: 94% Of Nigerians Distrust Government- Poll by Pukkah: 4:01pm On Jan 20, 2012
Kx:

I will agree with you to the extent that the result is actually 99% not 94%.

Which one is credible? What do you think the Trust Index is among the populace?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Boko Haram’s Major Sponsor – Presidency / President Jonathan Asked Buhari How Is the Compaign Going / [PHOTOS] President-elect Buhari Re-unites With Pastor Tunde Bakare In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.