Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,077 members, 7,821,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Tribute To My Mother In Law - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tribute To My Mother In Law (33506 Views)

Gone But Not Forgotten Tribute To Baby B / Your Mother-in-law Or Your Mother: Who Stays After Your Wife Delivers? / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribute To My Mother In Law by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 21, 2012
I remember the first day I met you. I heard so much about you "iron Lady" ways and I was scared shitless. I was shaking when I walked into ur home and met you sitting and gisting with your wonderful husband. I knelt down to greet you you said I shouldn't do that again as it made u feel "scandalous" lol, you proceeded to scold ur son for not washing his plates d last time he visited and casually invited me out for a day out at the spa. I was so scared den cos I felt I would be lost without ur son just me and u alone. Anyway we went out and you chatted endlessly making me feel comfortable and as if you had known me for ever.
You told me to be confortable and open with you as I was already a part of your family.
I remember how you stood firmly by us even when everyone questioned why you would let ur never been married son marry a divorcee. I remember how easily moved to tears I use to be till u shouted at me to toughen up or shape out.
Everyday I look at you and you inspire me, you have been a friend, Mother, shopping companion and sometimes gossip patner, you have always made me smile, lightened my load and bring out a lesson from every situation. You are kind, strong, determined, generous to a fault and so supportive.
Some pple write tributes when someone they loves dies but today as u add a year to ur wonderful accomplished life I say a big thank you. You have kept your extended family close, you are d glue dat holds us together, you have a wonderful way to deal with gossips and disagreements. CP God Bless you and keep you many more years, still beautiful, gracious and hot at 66. I love you

4 Likes

Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 21, 2012
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 21, 2012
Thank you oh Madam CC, I hope to be like her too when I grow up. I will send an e copy of everything for u. The only news u hear about MILs is bad news, I think we should celebrate d good ones we meet
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by bigbumper(f): 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2012
Awww, this is the stuffs tear-jerkers are made of cry cry cry

Wishing her many happy returns of the day smiley
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Outstrip(f): 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2012
God bless your mother in law for making it easier for you. Sounds like my sisters mother in law. I don't think she even remembers that she has a son LOL
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2012
Hahahahhahaaaa, Outsrip, very true, one of d first things she said to me was "forget u re married to my son I always play for the girls team" and true she always supports me even when am wrong hahahahaha, when I request something and suddenly my Mother In Law shows up or calls out of the blues my Husband screams ojoro. If you know d ridiculus defenses she raises on my behalf even me dey bow. BB thanks Jare, she had a great day, didn't want a party but we were all der had a small in house gathering (By small I mean like 100 pple) daughter in laws, grand kids, neighbors, family friends church members, lol. Tmr is d main event, thanks giving and spending d day at d orphanage with all of us. She is a jewel.
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by freecocoa(f): 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2012
Chei lucky you o,when will I get married?reading stuffs like this makes me yearn for marriage.

Wishing her a HBD and longer life.
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2012
Lol, so your mother in law is Aquarian like me and we also share the same birth month cheesy

Happy birthday to her
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Outstrip(f): 6:35pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nice. Wish her a happy birthday from us on Nairaland. I wish we could celebrate more mother in laws like her. Does she have another son for my sister. She has vowed to marry a Nigerian no matter how many non Nigerians I bring LOL
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2012
Freecocoa, no rush, enjoy ur single life and make urself d right person for d right man, don't settle for less dan u deserve in d name of getting married. You may kiss a lot of frogs but u will meet the right one and when u do u will love him perfectly even with his faults and he will love u with ur insecurities.
Jenny Love, happy bday in advance or arrears, sometimes u remind me of her, she can be quiet blunt and a no nonsense person.
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by moremi2008(m): 6:48pm On Jan 21, 2012
So happy I read this! I will make sure I sign a prenup agreement with my mum before I marry so she doesn't dump me for her DIL. Haba! Imagine all the women ganging up against me, a poor fatherless man! Women are dangerous oh! Chei! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 21, 2012
Hahahaha, u better oh Moremi cos even ma son has learnt the trick. Recently he had a quarrel with his dad, can't even remember over what, he went downstairs to Grandma and reported his father. My Mother In Law listened and told him don't worry I will talk to ur father and d boy went back to call his dad downstairs took him to Grandmas room and told her oya talk to him
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Odunnu: 7:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
jennykadry:

Lol, so your mother in law is Aquarian like me and we also share the same birth month cheesy

Happy birthday to her
No wonder i'm crazy about you (no homo o). I'm 30th whats your date?
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by moremi2008(m): 11:48pm On Jan 21, 2012
debrief08:

Hahahaha, u better oh Moremi cos even ma son has learnt the trick. Recently he had a quarrel with his dad, can't even remember over what, he went downstairs to Grandma and reported his father. My Mother In Law listened and told him don't worry I will talk to ur father and d boy went back to call his dad downstairs took him to Grandmas room and told her oya talk to him

LOL! That's hysterical! Smart boy! grin
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 21, 2012
Many more wonderful years to your MIL
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Nobody: 12:59am On Jan 22, 2012
Lol debrief you son don sharp finish. See pikin reporting his father. cheesy

@odunnu
My date is today grin but I am on call cry cry
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Outstrip(f): 1:17am On Jan 22, 2012
I like this kid o. He said just in care Grandma forgets let us just address it right now
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 22, 2012
Happy Birthday sweety. Wish you many many more Happy years Jenny. I hope u get a suprise package dis night
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by bigbumper(f): 11:25am On Jan 22, 2012
debrief08:

Sharp boy grin Awww, children and hilarious stuffs they come up with sha, and i bet even if Grandma wants to use slippers he will tell her he can go and help her fetch the cane instead grin grin grin

jennykadry:

@odunnu

Ohhhhhh Jenny let me sleep na, and stop waking me up every five five minute that today is your birthday joo, did you think we were born and came out the same way as normal people ni. . .we are in Yabaleft for a reason. . . when will you learn to connect the dot dammit. . .now move over to your side of the bed abeg angry angry

And for the umpteenth time, you are not on call, you are on drugs cheesy
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 22, 2012
^^^yea yea, I thought you were over this new way of telling me you love me angry ,anyways you were always known for beating around the bush instead of hitting the nail on the head.

I LOVE YOU TOO, STop telling me you love me before people begin to suspect. . . .
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by bigbumper(f): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2012
jennykadry:

^^^yea yea, I thought you were over this new way of telling me you love me angry ,anyways you were always known for beating around the bush instead of hitting the nail on the head.

I LOVE YOU TOO, STop telling me you love me before people begin to suspect. . . .

[s]Holding chlorofoam soaked hanky behind back, there is no way I am gonna allow Jenny attend this her birthday party, that would teach her angry  [/s]. Thanks a bunch pumpkin, come here lemme give you a hug, I knew I could trust you to keep a secret safe cheesy angry
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by freecocoa(f): 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2012
debrief08:

Freecocoa, no rush, enjoy ur single life and make urself d right person for d right man, don't settle for less dan u deserve in d name of getting married. You may kiss a lot of frogs but u will meet the right one and when u do u will love him perfectly even with his faults and he will love u with ur insecurities.
Jenny Love, happy bday in advance or arrears, sometimes u remind me of her, she can be quiet blunt and a no nonsense person.
debrief08:

Thanks a lot aunty,I hope and pray my boyfriend is the one though,he just makes me think about marriage,its an early relationship but I just picture marriage with him a lot (am I in loff?LOL)anyways I think I still have a little time on my hand so I'm taking it one step at a time.
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Ivynwa(f): 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2012
@Poster
I fell in love with your MIL reading this for the understanding that she gave you through it all.
Our people sabi talk and it takes a sweet person to rise above all of that the way she did.
I hope that she was made to know about all these sweetness being said about her here.
It will add colours and spice up her life so don't hide it from her.
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Odunnu: 3:15am On Jan 23, 2012
jennykadry:

@odunnu
Ewwwww! Happy happy b'day JK. Its sad you had to spend the day at work but sha, you've enjoyed several others before now and you can pushforward this year's to a day you are off if you must celebrate it. Anyway it goes, I wish you more peace, joy, prosperity and goodhealth. You deserve them all. HBD.
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 23, 2012
Thanks odunnu
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by mutter(f): 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2012
Happy birthday Mama.
You are a lucky debrief. grin
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 23, 2012
mutter:

Happy birthday Mama.
You are a lucky debrief. grin
Thanks Mutter, I thank God everyday for this new life. Thanks
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by silvasurfa(m): 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2012
Nice one; many women out there would call you lucky.

My own MIL was great too,but death took her too soon.
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 23, 2012
silvasurfa:

Nice one; many women out there would call you lucky.

My own MIL was great too,but death took her too soon.
Thanks, my condolence, Sometimes I try to imagine life without my in law and I cant even think about it, she holds all of us together. She has been more than a mother to me. I trust her totally. Even among her own family she keeps her sisters and her brothers close and her husbands relatives too. She keeps the whole family strong and united. She calls everyone at least once a week, all her daughter in laws compete to be favorite. Lol
Re: Tribute To My Mother In Law by Dosoq(f): 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
Wow! wat a nice piece,dis is worth applauding n u must also b a gud DIL 4 u 2 av appreaciated her,kip it up.

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Weds A Nairalander / How Much Do You Spend A Week As A Single Person? / Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.