Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,281 members, 7,954,113 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:34 PM

Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? (1794 Views)

Anytime I Pass Throu These Roads To My Hometown, I Cant But Curse Jonathan & PDP / Major General Ihejirika Owns APO Building Where 9 Squatters Are Killed. / We Shall Kill Nigerians In Pakistan If Kidnapped Victims Are Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Maisuya1: 10:18am On Jan 22, 2012
I am disgusted by the mood of SOME christains in this forum anytime there is an attack by BH in the north. Shouldn't every human life have value in christiandom. U hear some statements like " yes let them kill them self" or "so long the bombings is in the north"
How low can we stoop? There are those who see the events for what they are, I.e a systemic failure in the current administration.
Why? If I may ask my Christian brothers do you derive pleasure in seeing others die? Yet muslims never make such comments when christians are killed!
We all know BH haram doesn't represent the north or Muslims, they are bunch of criminals killing both Muslims and christains, the major casualties in Kano were Muslims.
Is it that some Christians are cheap opportunists who take advantage of these unfortunate events to attack Islam Muslims and the north? If so then shame on you all.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by tpia5: 10:32am On Jan 22, 2012
We all know BH haram doesn't represent the north or Muslims

let's stop saying that, since it isnt helping in any way.

boko haram are muslims and say they are fighting for Islam.

regardless who their sponsors are, what is needed are scholars and verses from the koran showing them that isnt the way they're supposed to go about it.

though admittedly it might be dangerous for any scholar to oppose them since they'll probably just take the person out.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 22, 2012
@ opp,
    you should change the topic to "why do your people,northern muslims enjoy killing non-muslims and christians and southerners".
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Ndata(m): 10:46am On Jan 22, 2012
They say that because they think christians in the north are only Igbos.Its even pathetic that even Igbos in this forum make such remarks like"Let them kill them since they have refused to leave the North because of money"
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by hercules07: 10:49am On Jan 22, 2012
@tpia

The Lord's resistance army say they are fighting for christians, do they represent you? Anybody can say anything, do criminals who go to church represent christians, Obasanjo is a born again christian who preached in church does he represent you? I find it frankly ridiculous when the actions of less than 1 thousand people is used to blackmail tens of millions. What is needed is for someone to light some fire under their bottom, they only understand violence, give it to them in triple measure, go after their sponsors, freeze their wealth, smoke them out of their comfort zones, GEJ says he knows them, he should go after them.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by tpia5: 10:52am On Jan 22, 2012
^reread my post again before jumping up to reply.

i am not ugandan- you might need to ask your question on an ugandan forum.

killings in the north have been going on for over five decades [possibly longer]- is the concept behind boko haram a new thing?
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 22, 2012
We are now in the internet age.A lot of people,as personified by mai suya[the op]are yet to learn that this divide and rule tactics of the sixties,seventies and eighties need very serious modifications to be effective in the twentieth century.
   The opp and his hausa/fulani people barely know what the internet is.You think you can just open a thread like this because you think it will make Igbos and yorubas remain at loggerhead so that you --hausa can take advantage.You dont need all this,the Igbos and yorubas dont give a fuuuuuuck about eachother so this divide and rule thread is unnecessary.This is internet age and online propaganda from southern groups could easily blow you northerners away.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by hercules07: 11:01am On Jan 22, 2012
I read your post well before I responded. The problem is a global one, killings have been going on all over Nigeria, not only the north, the problem with the killings in the north is because it crosses ethnic and religious lines, what is the difference between BH and armed robbers who snuff out lives, some do it en masse, others do it incipiently, some communities in Ebonyi have killed far more than BH, ask those who come from that area. Islam is not responsible for those deaths, northerners are not responsible for those deaths, some lunatics, their sponsors and the government are responsible, do not give a religion a bad name in order to hang it, George Bush went to war using biblical terms, millions are dead and no one is attributing it to christianity.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by namfav(m): 11:03am On Jan 22, 2012
what they say does not mean anything, obviously you wont say that they represent yoruba muslims, for that same reason we can't say a few individuals represent millions of people, people like shekau, yusuf existed before 2009 and they fell out with alot of people that is why they created there sect, you only represent who you are fighting with, they can say they represent martians it doesn't change the fact that they are just invidiuals with different ideas than most and it should be treated as such and not northerners vs southerners or muslims vs christians, yoruba muslims vs hausa muslims etc., as soon as people start generalizing we lose the point of actually finding real and long lasting solutions

tpia@:

let's stop saying that, since it isnt helping in any way.

boko haram are muslims and say they are fighting for Islam.

regardless who their sponsors are, what is needed are scholars and verses from the koran showing them that isnt the way they're supposed to go about it.

though admittedly it might be dangerous for any scholar to oppose them since they'll probably just take the person out.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by jmaine: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2012
It should be the other way round
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 22, 2012
^^^ pictures speak louder than words. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by DanKan0: 11:41am On Jan 22, 2012
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by oderemo(m): 11:42am On Jan 22, 2012
@mai suya, rewind back to the jos incidents, did any xtian gloat over the killing of their brethen, ?
was it not on this same n.l that u had  a lot of moo.slime sympathisers then.
then it was a case of the berom against the hausa/fulani.
now we know the real elephant in the room. are we surprised at all.
nigeria is at a cross road, rudderless.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by BIGERBOY1: 11:50am On Jan 22, 2012
chima12:

We are now in the internet age.A lot of people,as personified by mai suya[the op]are yet to learn that this divide and rule tactics of the sixties,seventies and eighties need very serious modifications to be effective in the twentieth century.
   The opp and his hausa/fulani people barely know what the internet is.You think you can just open a thread like this because you think it will make Igbos and yorubas remain at loggerhead so that you --hausa can take advantage.You dont need all this,the Igbos and yorubas dont give a fuuuuuuck about eachother so this divide and rule thread is unnecessary.This is internet age and online propaganda from southern groups could easily blow you northerners away.

Classic case of paranoia. Dude read the OPs assertion did he mention Igbo or Hausa or youruba? He is asking a question and you are displaying your personal insecurities. Classic
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 22, 2012
^^^ you need to know that the op has hidden intentions.This is how tribal fights start on this forum between moslems and christians,yoruba and igbo.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Maisuya1: 11:55am On Jan 22, 2012
@ ode remo,

Kindly provide a quote of anywhere a MUSLIM has made statements like " kill them all" "good let the christians die" and a host of other similar nonesense so called Christians spew here on NL on daily basis.

I FIND IT CYNICAL FOR ANYONE TO TRY TO JUSTIFY SUCH STATEMENTS AS U R DOING IN FRUTILITY
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Maisuya1: 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2012
@ chima that's how conflicts are started with baseless presumptions. I asked the so called Christians a question, I even went as far as to qualify the question with "some" Christians ( coz I believe Christianity doesn't teach such hatred), yet you are here fighting ur own shadow.
Guy, grow up and think logically, unless u are the one with hidden agenda hiding behind Christianity to insult Islam and Muslims.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by dempeople(m): 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2012
Mai-suya:

I am disgusted by the mood of SOME christains in this forum anytime there is an attack by BH in the north. Shouldn't every human life have value in christiandom. U hear some statements like " yes let them kill them self" or "so long the bombings is in the north"
How low can we stoop? There are those who see the events for what they are, I.e a systemic failure in the current administration.
Why? If I may ask my Christian brothers do you derive pleasure in seeing others die? Yet muslims never make such comments when christians are killed!
We all know BH haram doesn't represent the north or Muslims, they are bunch of criminals killing both Muslims and christains, the major casualties in Kano were Muslims.
Is it that some Christians are cheap opportunists who take advantage of these unfortunate events to attack Islam Muslims and the north? If so then shame on you all.

No. Not many people see it as a result of a systemic failure of the current administration. Many people though, evidently see it as a result of an intrinsic DNA trait in you Northerners, to be violent-prone. It didn't start today.

You say Boko Haram does not represent Northerners. How do you separate one from the other? A history of violence in your region that started since records began in 1945. And then again in 1953 and late 50s into the 60s with pogroms against innocent people and an unnecessary genocide, and then the 70s with the Maitatsine, Yan Tatsine etc well into the 80's. Not to talk of the 90s, through the 2000's.

In all these, millions of people massacred unjustly.

A region that has held power for 39 out of 50 years but still cannot collectively boast of the number of high school finishers, jamb applicants or university graduates than those of a single state in the South East - a place your people, through military fiat and belligerence, once destroyed and rendered infrastructurally and economically useless. Even economically, your people continually express shocking levels of lack.

A region which is indeed a major factory of illiterate and violent people who have consistently held back the progress of a country but yet, fantasizes on a born-to-rule mentality - the same mentality that has made a complete mess of a once promising country.

Do you see why its impossible to separate a pig from the dirt. They aren't mutually exclusive to each other.

And lest I forget, it isn't exclusive to Nigeria only. Throughout West Africa, your people have a very non-progressive mentality which is virulently disastrous to life.  

Clap for your self, you born-to-rule product.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by doofanc: 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2012
I thought mai suya was a christian.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by oderemo(m): 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2012
my friend, pls read my reply properly,
the color of glorification then wasnt that rich like kill them, but all in all, it was similar.
you have a valid reason to raise the question , but my point was this b.h thing had been coming all along but the nature of attack then was purely ethnic.
then we all were heaping blame on govn JANG.
u get my drift?
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Maisuya1: 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2012
@doofanc

A suya selling Christian. How quintessential grin
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Maisuya1: 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2012
@ dem people

Let's not get it twisted. I am not here to exonerate the north for it's mistake, neither am I here to console your bitterness towards the north for being a political block to reckon with throughout nigeria's history.

My question was why do some so called Christians make sadistic statements when people are killed in the north. And will I be right to construe your reply as a justification for that? How pathetic! angry
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 22, 2012
Mai-suya:

Why? If I may ask my Christian brothers do you derive pleasure in seeing others die? Yet muslims never make such comments when christians are killed!We all know BH haram doesn't represent the north or Muslims, they are bunch of criminals killing both Muslims and christains, the major casualties in Kano were Muslims.
Take a look at the bolded.Only a dishonest person will attribute these killings to "systemic failure of the current administration".Religious killings in the nigeria pre-date our independence.Only a liar will say "Yet muslims never make such comments when christians are killed".
And who do boko haram represent,christians?The op knows why he opened this thread.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Maisuya1: 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2012
@chima it is hopeless to indulge you further after this.

For government not to be able to secure the life of nigerians even within their territory is not considered as failure on govts part, beats me.

And on the issue of Muslims celebrating killing of Christians as some Christians do here, I DARE U TO PROVIDE A QUOTE OF SUCH SADISTIC STATEMENTS. If you can't good riddance to you.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by dempeople(m): 12:33pm On Jan 22, 2012
Mai-suya:

@ dem people

Let's not get it twisted. I am not here to exonerate the north for it's mistake, neither am I here to console your bitterness towards the north for being a political block to reckon with throughout nigeria's history.

My question was why do some so called Christians make sadistic statements when people are killed in the north. And will I be right to construe your reply as a justification for that? How pathetic! angry

Twisted, pathetic, you can call it what you want. The problems facing the country are majorly projected from your region.

And my bitterness? Of a rule-at-all-cost mentality? Of a certain nonsensical, laughable political block that has molded Nigeria into a banana republic? You should be ashamed to be proud of,  and associate yourself with such a cabal.

Your people have left the south in droves apparently for fear of reprisal attacks only, to arrive in their own place and be bombed to heaven-knows-how-many-pieces-of-meat. If that doesn't tell you something then, I pity you.

Continue to clap for yourself and fantasize for power.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by obowunmi(m): 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2012
Boko Horam are illiterate notherners and muslims, what else is there ?
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 22, 2012
@ mai suya,
    I meet your people whenever I am in the north,northerners celebrate the exploits of boko haram especially when they attack christians and churches.He who comes to equity comes with clean hands.If you are not happy with my posts,then hug the nearest transformer.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Sommy47: 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2012
dem_people:

No. Not many people see it as a result of a systemic failure of the current administration. Many people though, evidently see it as a result of an intrinsic DNA trait in you Northerners, to be violent-prone. It didn't start today.

You say Boko Haram does not represent Northerners. How do you separate one from the other? A history of violence in your region that started since records began in 1945. And then again in 1953 and late 50s into the 60s with pogroms against innocent people and an unnecessary genocide, and then the 70s with the Maitatsine, Yan Tatsine etc well into the 80's. Not to talk of the 90s, through the 2000's.

A region that has held power for 39 out of 50 years but still cannot collectively boast of the number of high school finishers, jamb applicants or university graduates than those of a single state in the South East - a place your people, through military fiat and belligerence, once destroyed and rendered infrastructurally and economically useless. Even economically, your people continually express shocking levels of lack.

A region which is indeed a major factory of illiterate and violent people who have consistently held back the progress of a country but yet, fantasizes on a born-to-rule mentality - the same mentality that has made a complete mess of a once promising country.

Do you see why its impossible to separate a pig from the dirt. They aren't mutually exclusive to each other.

And lest I forget, it isn't exclusive to Nigeria only. Throughout West Africa, your people have a very non-progressive mentality which is virulently disastrous to life.  

Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by omanzo02: 1:28pm On Jan 22, 2012
dem_people:

U've said it all dude, case closed.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Dede1(m): 1:47pm On Jan 22, 2012
@OP

You have misguided idea hence a misplaced priority. Instead of being twisted out of human form about who rejoiced due to heinous crime perpetrated by sect of Islamic idiots, you should be heavily worried why a group of sane persons should embark on an insidious endeavor to kill people who do or do not share the same belief in faith with them.

Boko Haram, religious or non-religious groups does not have moral or constitutional pedigree to harm or torture or kill people who do or do not share in their religious or political doctrines.

I shall show no sympathy to dead or wounded if such deluded groups such as Boko Haram should limit their murderous endeavor among those who share the same doctrines.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Dede1(m): 1:52pm On Jan 22, 2012
dem_people:

Bros, your post was excellently strung together and presented. It could not be more right.
Re: Why Are Some Christains Enjoying It Anytime People Are Killed In The North? by Maisuya1: 2:23pm On Jan 22, 2012
@dede listen to your self.

"you shal have no sympathy for the dead or wounded" angry. If the people in Kano were BH why would BH attack them?

The same Kano pple some few wks back that helped authorities apprehend some BH suspects found with guns and explosives?
The same Kano people that during the recent protests signed an accord with their Christian brethren to protect each other?
The same Kano people that just last week visited churches in Kano to display their solidarity with Christians amongst them to the world?

And you now turn around and call them BH sympathisers and you don't care if they are killed or wounded?
What do you call your line of argument ? REVERSE REASONING?

Nay! I know your kinds who are using these unfortunate occurrence to further your cawordly agenda which they dare not profer independently of the current conflicts lest they are accused of treason. Well I have news for your kinds, man up, and put forth arguments for what really bothers you deep down, and stop celebrating the deaths of the innocent as means to your ends.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ojukwu,fashola, atiku , Jonathan .obama exposed As Boko Haram Sponsors / Custom Arrest At Asaba,jebba,lokoj While Entering the country of Western Nigeria / Leaked!!! Questions OBJ Asked Jonathan At The Abeokuta Meeting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.