Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 (4346 Views)

Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos / Governor El-Rufai Sitting On The Floor At A Town Hall Meeting...(photo) / President Goodluck Jonathan Speech To Nigerians: Today 15th Jan 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by MAYOWAAK: 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2012
You are cordially invited to SNG's first townhall meeting tomorrow! [b]Theme: Endemic Corruption - The Bane of Good Governance. [/b]We're looking forward to hosting Prof. Wole Soyinka, Femi Kuti, and more! Please see our flier for more details. [NB - Seating is limited, so please arrive early.]

http://www.facebook.com/savenigeriagroup

Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 22, 2012
i will definitely be there, i need to hear tunde bakare speak
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 22, 2012
hope no bombing would occur? undecided
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by blackrules1(m): 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2012
Why on a monday?

There's this rumour that there will be strike from 23rd, is that true?
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by PointB: 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2012
Another idle talk show.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by ACM10: 10:32pm On Jan 22, 2012
Nigerians are serially r[i]a[/i]ped by politicians who are pretending to have their interest at heart.

Save Nigeria my foot!
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by Yeske2(m): 11:30pm On Jan 22, 2012
PointB:

Another idle talk show.
No be small thing o.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by Mogidi: 1:29am On Jan 23, 2012
Una get time.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by Kobojunkie: 1:37am On Jan 23, 2012
These people dey serious oo. They even got Entertainers to show up. I do hope Nigerians show up as this is as good a time to change things in that country.

Was listening to Aljazeera last night and heard that over 5000 Syrians have been killed since their revolution started back almost a year ago. And there does not seem to be any signs of stopping, as they seem all too set on making sure they get rid of the current government and gain for themselves a democratic situation instead.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by Metalgoong(m): 3:47am On Jan 23, 2012
Town Hall Bombing . . Goodluck to those attending the event grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by Acidosis(m): 8:44am On Jan 23, 2012
I dey craze? ?
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by smarttalks: 8:46am On Jan 23, 2012
smiley
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by smarttalks: 8:46am On Jan 23, 2012
smiley
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by babaowo: 9:15am On Jan 23, 2012
hope no be say dem go begin ask ppl for tithe and offering ooo! Lol
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by RuuDie(m): 9:34am On Jan 23, 2012
Nice one. . . . otherwise how else does the aggrieved Nigerian vent his spleen!
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by BashMe1(m): 9:46am On Jan 23, 2012
If u won't attend, kindly shut ur trap, If Naija better 2day, no be 4 every person nii?
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by randyorton: 10:16am On Jan 23, 2012
okay,the jobless and idle people can attend. Mumuuuuu. u guys just wont learn. Anytime someone says `lets protest`,u all get excited not knowing that these politicians are doing it for their own interest. Goodluck to all the participants,
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by FEMARY1: 12:02pm On Jan 23, 2012
Bash Me:

If u won't attend, kindly shut ur trap, If Naija better 2day, no be 4 every person nii?
Yes oo.Na everybody go benefit oo if the thing better.

Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by skullbaba: 12:08pm On Jan 23, 2012
anything good that want to come out of Nigeria will be Attack with religion or ethnic bigotry and sentiment
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by mukina2: 12:59pm On Jan 23, 2012
savenigeria Save Nigeria Group
Theme: Endemic Corruption - The Bane of Good Governance; Speakers: Prof. Wole Soyinka, Prof. Itse Sagay, Pastor Bakare, and more.
https://twitter.com/savenigeria/status/161113350665814016

Guests seated at Memorable Gathering, watching an #occupynigeria documentary. Our town hall meeting is about to kick off!
https://twitter.com/savenigeria/status/161381842350641153

Opening remarks by @T_Bakare following a moment of silence for our slain brothers and sisters.
https://twitter.com/savenigeria/status/161386982608613376

Prof. Wole Soyinka just arrived at Memorable Gathering! SNG is very honoured to have him here.
https://twitter.com/savenigeria/status/161389333570527232
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by mukina2: 1:03pm On Jan 23, 2012
Our 'freedom' cannot be 'revoked by the government of the day' - @T_Bakare
https://twitter.com/savenigeria/status/161389689155227648

"If calling people together (for a peaceful protest) is now tantamount to treason, I plead guilty." - @T_Bakare
https://twitter.com/savenigeria/status/161390236654501888

Mr. Henry Boyo, an accomplished economist, is unveiling the corruption in the Central Bank that hampers 'an enabling environment.'
https://twitter.com/savenigeria/status/161390726943477760

'These problems we keep fighting, are the result of a faulty monetary framework.' - Mr. Henry Boyo
https://twitter.com/savenigeria/status/161391508447170560

"The banks spend more money than they have." - Mr. Henry Boyo
https://twitter.com/savenigeria/status/161392164641837056
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by fxjohn2: 1:51pm On Jan 23, 2012
SNG! Dont ever stop or slow down, let the selfish traitors who are definately benefiting from this pdp dictatorship continue to speak their nonesense. Yes where else should the jobless be? Na all of us get this country, i supported gej in the last election, but now i dont want to see another pdp president ever again. SNG u are the voice of the masses, dont ever stop talking and dont lower your voice.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by kizito96(m): 3:44pm On Jan 23, 2012
Tell Tunde Bakare to go and rest. He should wait for 2015 and stop disturbing innocent people
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by hasyak(m): 4:26pm On Jan 23, 2012
I HAD TO SHARE THIS-Which I received now. In Nigeria when subsidy is removed on petroleum, people protest & the whole country shuts down every activity & some patriots even die during the protest, but when hundreds of people are killed by sects using bombs, nobody stages protest, comments vehemently against the act or insults the president, because it didn't happen in their vicinity & none of their relatives are affected or because they are afraid to speak & get bombed too,
Where is that "Occupy Nigeria"?
Where is El-Rufai?
Where is Mr Tunde Bakere?
Where are the Celebrities?
Where are the Opposition Parties?
Where are Nigerians?
Were they all in the blast?
Why is everyone mute now?
Is Kano State not in Nigeria?
Is this not a more serious issue/reason for all Nigerians to wear black rags & truly OCCUPY NIGERIA with peaceful protest against mass killings of innocent ones? How safe are you now where you are? Yes! you reading this status & feeling safe.
Do we have energy & strength only on subsidy removal issues? Everyone is afraid now Abi dem no go occupy Nigeria again?
What a BIG SHAME
My heart is filled with mountain of grief, all toothless bulldogs can't even bark any more 'cos money is not involved for them fight for.
I am really disappointed!
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 23, 2012
hasyak:

I HAD TO SHARE THIS-Which I received now. In Nigeria when subsidy is removed on petroleum, people protest & the whole country shuts down every activity & some patriots even die during the protest, but when hundreds of people are killed by sects using bombs, nobody stages protest, comments vehemently against the act or insults the president, because it didn't happen in their vicinity & none of their relatives are affected or because they are afraid to speak & get bombed too,
Where is El-Rufai?
Where are Nigerians?
Is this not a more serious issue/reason for all Nigerians to wear black rags & truly OCCUPY NIGERIA with peaceful protest against mass killings of innocent ones? How safe are you now where you are? Yes! you reading this status & feeling safe.
Do we have energy & strength only on subsidy removal issues? Everyone is afraid now Abi dem no go occupy Nigeria again?
What a BIG SHAME
My heart is filled with mountain of grief, all toothless bulldogs can't even bark any more 'cos money is not involved for them fight for.

so what should people do? protest about? who should they protest against? the government or boko haram? please school me, i dont think i know of anywhere a protest stopped a violent group like boko haram from performing their evil deeds. If u have something against Pastor Tunde Bakare and the likes, just say it, and if u think, a protest is gonna stop boko haram, u dont need em to lead you, just mobilize people around and protest then we'll see the effect.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by kokoA(m): 5:29pm On Jan 23, 2012
SAVE NIGERIA GROUP is just about the most influencial pressure group in Naija. I respect Tunnde Bakare for this.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by sdbaba: 7:27pm On Jan 23, 2012
thateaser_:

so what should people do? protest about? who should they protest against? the government or boko haram? please school me,  i dont think i know of anywhere a protest stopped a violent group like boko haram from performing their evil deeds. If u have something against Pastor Tunde Bakare and the likes, just say it,  and if u think, a protest is gonna stop boko haram, u dont need em to lead you, just mobilize people around and protest then we'll see the effect.

My guy why are you answering this dude that doesnt know what he's saying that calls himself hasyak? So it is SNG that should go and fight terrorist for a govt that promised to protect Nigeria and Nigerians? You can see the daftness in his post. Just ignore him jare. If he's sensible he would have realised that if not for those one week of demonstrations at Ojota organised by SNG, we would still be paying N150 for fuel now. I'm sure he doesnt even know that Jonathan actually flew over the crowd in an helicopter just to asert the level of anger over that moronic decision he took on 1st January 2012. Pschew!!!
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by 1forall: 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2012
hasyak:

Where is El-Rufai?
Where are Nigerians?
What a BIG SHAME

I'll refrain from giving you a short piece just because two previous posters have addressed your myopia already. But if you decide to rebut as empty headed as you started then I'll have to address your skewed reasoning and arguments.
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by Kobojunkie: 12:21am On Jan 24, 2012
how did it go?
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by jmaine: 12:32am On Jan 24, 2012
sdbaba:

My guy why are you answering this dude that doesnt know what he's saying that calls himself hasyak? So it is SNG that should go and fight terrorist for a govt that promised to protect Nigeria and Nigerians? You can see the daftness in his post. Just ignore him jare. If he's sensible he would have realised that if not for those one week of demonstrations at Ojota organised by SNG, we would still be paying N150 for fuel now. [b][size=14pt]I'm sure he doesnt even know that Jonathan actually flew over the crowd in an helicopter just to asert the level of anger[/size] [/b]over that moronic decision he took on 1st January 2012. Pschew!!!

Stop saying shyte . . . . make your points without useless injections . . .
Re: Save Nigeria Group Invites All To A Town Hall Meeting Tomorrow-23rd Jan 2012 by sdbaba: 10:28am On Jan 24, 2012
jmaine:

Stop saying shyte . . . . make your points without useless injections . . .

, and what point have you made so far on this thread? birds of the same feather!

(1) (Reply)

The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) / Another Massive Crowd At PDP Campaign Rally In Kano State (video) / See How Repentant Ex Boko Haram Are Being Treated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.